Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Stefano Domenicali Resigned

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Being ruthless is one thing. Being a big fat cheat who endangers people, makes a mockery of the sport, and fixes a race result is another thing entirely.
    Are we talking about a Ferrari driver?

Let me add to it since Ferrari has a history of such drivers being hired.

We have had drivers who have been stripped of their titles, stripped of qualifying results due to "parking issues" but then these are the ones who have won titles and habe reputation in F1 unlike some who talk about driving fast but who are always and always asked to move over for their faster te mates.. irrespective of the team they drive in.
    Such drivers, are 0
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    So, Marco being at race this weekend? Time to hunt Ross down, and try to get him back.
    was thinking about the same thing.. or bob bell since hes leaving merc at the end of the year..
    could be great if we can have both bob bell and ross
    may the FORZA FERRARI BE WITH YOU!!!!!

Ideally, if there is a change, then it should be at the end of the season.
    Ideally, the TP is someone with technical background, ruthless (and target oriented), is familiar with race strategy, and can bring the team into one good synergy.
    However, the world is far from ideal, and I believe it is too early to judge MM's ability.
    Considering that MM has brought Ferrari NA to where it is now, he must be a very capable person.
    There are people with minimum background of the industry they are in who succeed brilliantly. I am going to use SD's most famous phrase here: let's stay calm.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderia_nano View Post
    Are we talking about a Ferrari driver?
    I'm certain Suzie meant Flavio.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

I really feel for Stefano but it was inevitable that change was needed, what it will do for the current drivers and this season's hopes is another matter. All confidence in the team's ability to produce a winning car seems to have evaporated and this isn't SD's fault, so I admire him for taking this action and wish him well. China will be an interesting scenario for sure, but it seems we may as well forget 2014 and maybe I'll just pin my hopes on the ex-Ferrari team we know and love.....Felipe and Rob at Williams! This whole situation is painful but I like Kiwi Nick's ideas for a full-time replacement....roll on China for some more insight! You never know what may happen and we may be competitive.

I hope this is temporary..I can't see how an office boy could be incharge of this high tech motorsporsts team with no past experience
    "Ferrari gives you a special feeling" Fernando Alonso

Rest of the season is going to be hard, team in transition, if we finish in top 5 in WCC, i will be happy. Unless, we have an amazing turn around.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I really feel for Stefano but it was inevitable that change was needed, what it will do for the current drivers and this season's hopes is another matter. All confidence in the team's ability to produce a winning car seems to have evaporated and this isn't SD's fault, so I admire him for taking this action and wish him well. China will be an interesting scenario for sure, but it seems we may as well forget 2014 and maybe I'll just pin my hopes on the ex-Ferrari team we know and love.....Felipe and Rob at Williams! This whole situation is painful but I like Kiwi Nick's ideas for a full-time replacement....roll on China for some more insight! You never know what may happen and we may be competitive.
    I doubt we'll be competitive in China. Otherwise why resign now? Stefano would have been praised for turning things around. Ferrari have been for too long portraying a positive image of the current state of affairs when in reality everything wasn't as good as it appeared. This latest decision has been poorly timed and executed. A better method would have been a transition phase where you gradually handover power to the new guy. The new guy learns and observes in preparation for the job when he's in full responsibility. I just seems like a knee-jerk reaction. We should have this before or towards the end of the season or in the fashion that I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Rest of the season is going to be hard, team in transition, if we finish in top 5 in WCC, i will be happy. Unless, we have an amazing turn around.
    Rob, top 5 in WCC and you'll be happy? This is not what any of us want irrespective of the team's current woes, so despite the turmoil, I've still got faith in our team and drivers to keep the fight going, as I'm sure you have. Mai dare sulla speranza, as you say, and preghiamo!

It just seems like another excuse for possibly not being competitive in China/Spain. Whether it is from Stefano or Luca I don't know but it seems fishy to me. Luca is a little bruised now with being told that this is not a banana republic from the very man he managed before. This news just smells like foul politics to me IMO.

Wishing SD the best in his endeavour...

Saw it coming after Malaysia GP, hottest seat in Maranello!

This could be a short term stint as too many was calling for SD's head... hope they are happy now...

With all the new regulations and stuff going on, 2014 maybe a bye bye.....

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    I'm certain Suzie meant Flavio.
    Yes I did. Not sure what was unclear about that.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by scuderia_nano View Post
    unlike some who talk about driving fast but who are always and always asked to move over for their faster te mates.. irrespective of the team they drive in.
    Such drivers, are 0
    Well right now I am very glad that a '0' driver is no longer in the toxic mess that is Ferrari.

Sad that you jumped to conclusions and thought I was referring to Fernando, I assumed from your avatar you were a fan
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    It just seems like another excuse for possibly not being competitive in China/Spain. Whether it is from Stefano or Luca I don't know but it seems fishy to me. Luca is a little bruised now with being told that this is not a banana republic from the very man he managed before. This news just smells like foul politics to me IMO.
    It won't be an excuse but a backdrop to this decision. As someone earlier also pointed out, why resign if there is even half a chance you will improve your car during the season to place it second at least. It just shows that the problems are on the engine's mechanical side and can't be solved during the season. Ferrari just showed its cards.

Stefano Domenicali Resigned

Sad to hear about this big news mid season. Stefano is a nice guy & like always has taken the blame of failure upon himself. In hindsight, perhaps it's not his fault. Maybe he was not the right man to be given the position at that time. It's easy to type on the keyboard but Stefano was sitting on a very hot seat, if things work out you are a hero, I they don't, you look really a sorry figure. I wish him all the best.

Well right now I am very glad that a '0' driver is no longer in the toxic mess that is Ferrari.

Sad that you jumped to conclusions and thought I was referring to Fernando, I assumed from your avatar you were a fan
    Of course I am.

Anyways Stephano going is 1 of the biggest steps Forward. The small one was letting 0 go.
    4 down, 3 to go! Forza Sebastian!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Wooohooo now we will win with ease since it was Stefano who stopped our engineers using their talents.....
    For once i actually agree with you! haha!

I think this is really bad for the team - the problem was the PU not SD

Being ruthless is one thing. Being a big fat cheat who endangers people, makes a mockery of the sport, and fixes a race result is another thing entirely.
    Well yes Flavio is a tad heavier than Stefano.

domenicali-briatore.jpg

Finally omg! He was too nice for this position. I was complaining about him since I've joined these forums. And I guess I was right. I hope new TP will get rid of Tombazis and Mormorini, neither are strong enough for a team like Ferrari.

Are you guys certain Brawn gonna join us?

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Domenicali got what he deserved.

Ferrari now have the opportunity to find strong leadership , and that can only be a good thing.

I am surprised that there are Tifosi who thought Domenicali was doing a good job, when all the while performances were declining.

I have no idea if Mattiaci has what it takes, nor if he can deliver, but we are one step closer to success than we were this morning.

Oh Ross, enough of fishing

Time for work

In a post i read Mercedes tech director Bob bell is also leaving Merc, maybe Ferrari planning to hire him?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    You really believe someone with absolutely no experience in motorsport can somehow turn the team around within this year?
    Read my post again. I said this season is a write off, noone can turn it arround. MM is a successful manager, one who knows how to use the resources he is given.
    BTW, enlighten me what was Stefano racing experience before becoming TP? In the logistics department??

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
    Domenicali got what he deserved.

Ferrari now have the opportunity to find strong leadership , and that can only be a good thing.

I am surprised that there are Tifosi who thought Domenicali was doing a good job, when all the while performances were declining.

I have no idea if Mattiaci has what it takes, nor if he can deliver, but we are one step closer to success than we were this morning.
    +10 000
    And it just cannot get any worse from the situation the team is today. At least we hope next year's car will be developed under qualified management supervision.

No it's Flavio

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    BTW, enlighten me what was Stefano racing experience before becoming TP? In the logistics department??
    Jean Todt & Stefano, both were in motorsport management department before becoming TP of Scuderia.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Are you guys certain Brawn gonna join us?
    Right now we can only guess of course, but there's a reason why many people are guessing Ross Brawn. Currently there are missing puzzle that doesn't make sense, such as why Ferrari putting a completely inexperience CEO. I apologize for saying this many times already, but it really does look like Mattiacci is a temporary solution, it's the only logical explanation I can think of.

So there probably has to be someone else by next year, the "real" new team principle for Ferrari that will make sense. Right now, Ross Brawn seems like a logical choice that fits the puzzle, he's desirable, he's free, and he is on a "fishing holiday" that prevents him from joining any team right now. If Ferrari wanted Flavio he could have shown up this weekend in a Ferrari suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Martin Withmarsh is probably available.
    He got experience hire him.

I think he and Domenicali were both fair and very likeable characters. Why to hire something like that when Briatore might be available?

http://www.f1.co.uk/read-news/2014/1...team-principal

Reports are suggesting that Ross Brawn could be the long term successor to Stefano Domenicali at Ferrari.