Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2014 Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Hi Ferrari- family !

After all these year I wanna put something overhere. Forgive me if it's not the right time or place.

Since the first WCC with Schumi in '99 we took 14 titles over the past 15 years. Won over 100 races during that same period, more than any other team.

And today we took our 68th. consecutive finish of at least one Ferrari in the points.

We have (had) so much to celebrate

I know, I am longing for a period of Ferrari- domination too, maybe our support will help them a little .

Can you imagine I celebrated 5th. and 6 places of Gilles during the 1980 campaign like he won these races!

Forza Ferrari!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    If RedBull ran to the rules like others Ferrari would have beat them so 4th is a fair reflection. Mclarens who as far as we know had no issues were within sight at the end so without ers issue 2nd was possible but it did not happen. At the end Bottas was not catching Alonso so I see no issue with Williams and they were rubbish in qualifying.

All in as things stand Ferrari can be best of the rest which is the big issue but this was expected after testing.

This ers issue seems in line with testing rumours Ferrari could not run with full ers all the time and this is a concern as not simple as not fixed in 2 weeks since testing.
    Let's not fool ourselves with the "ers issue". It has not been confirmed that ers has been failing DURING THE WHOLE RACE , especially on Nando's car. The team says "some electrical issues at the beginning of the race", Alonso says after lap 10 all was OK. We simply lack speed to overtake WITH DRS ON.

As much as it pains me to say, we have a bunch of idiots at top positions in the team starting with Stefano

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves with the "ers issue". It has not been confirmed that ers has been failing DURING THE WHOLE RACE , especially on Nando's car. The team says "some electrical issues at the beginning of the race", Alonso says after lap 10 all was OK. We simply lack speed to overtake WITH DRS ON.
    True. It was 1st stint only. Button could not overtake Alonso with drs either though? Things are not as bad as some say but not great either. Bottom line, its close between Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams as best of the rest and the order could change any given Sunday but Merc have a gap that we fans rightfully expect to close down fast. RB pace remains to be confirmed as their quickest car appears to have not played by the rules.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    As much as it pains me to say, we have a bunch of idiots at top positions in the team starting with Stefano

Ricciardo is under investigation,Jo Bauer confirmed that his RB10 was constantly violating the 100KG/H flow rate rule.
    Gazzetta.it says Ricciardo has been already disqualified.
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

This situation feels eerily remiscent of 2009 where Brawn turned up with the best package and Red Bull were the only team close enough to challenge them. Ferrari started slowly and never got anywhere. I hope for our sake that this won't be the case this year, but given the engine freeze, outcomes from pre-season testing and otherwise, I'm not optimistic. At no point during the race did we appear fast nor competitive. If we do well, maybe we can battle for a podium place or better if someone retires. Not a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesi1 View Post
    Today's f1 means it s impossible to catch up with th testing restrictions. At least in the past Schumi could test and improve the car, not possible today it's all done off track.
    Not this year as very low down on the development curve within the rules so potential for huge gains as the season progresses. From all the data on engine it may enable different engine maps which gain a second for example.

I know there's a lot of frustration with the race and certain team members, but please could people express their disappointment without resorting to name-calling or referring to people in unkind terms. Thank you
    Forza Jules

Allison-Marmorini-Fry-Tombazis,i do not comment any further.
    "Tough Luck!"

This pathetic defeatist attitude that some of you people have is really sad to see. Already after one race throwing your toys out of the pram, pressing the panic button and whining about this, whining about that, whining, whining, whining and then whining some more.....

Fortunately this kind of defeatist attitude is not part of Ferrari's DNA.

Forza Ferrari!!!
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    This pathetic defeatist attitude that some of you people have is really sad to see. Already after one race throwing your toys out of the pram, pressing the panic button and whining about this, whining about that, whining, whining, whining and then whining some more.....

Forza Ferrari!!!
    Unfortunately building a winning car is not (anymore) a part of Ferrari DNA as well, otherwise nobody would complain....

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post

Forza Ferrari!!!
    You play to win mate, that is the DNA of a Ferrari team......and I do not see it anymore

I am not bashing everything or tearing everything to the ground and maybe we will sort things out and win a couple of races this year,but i truly believe that Alonso should leave and find something better.In my honest opinion he is wasting his talent in a team that isnt able to build winning cars anymore and unfortunetely he is not the most young anymore,so he must hurry up if he want to win another WDC,and although i think that hiring Allison was a good thing,it will take time to change the things around.
    "Tough Luck!"

Yes we're disappointed but surely not surprised by this result, the car looked a handful and slow and I felt for Fernando & Kimi as they were apparently incapable of doing anything about it. However, we got 2 cars home in the points and despite it being painful for us to watch, we at least have something to build on. I just hope for once that the team can develop the car faster and more thoroughly than recent years have shown. Shame for Felipe (am I allowed to mention him here?), great drives from Ricciardo, Bottas, Magnussen and Kvyat, are they our the new real enemies? Frustrating race certainly and apart from the pit-stop race, we have a lot of work to do, the car is still ugly too, but I'm not going to let that diminish my support, win or lose.

Ricciardo disqualified. Poor Dan.

Red Bull are appealing.
    Last edited by Ste; 16th March 2014 at 13:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Yeah too bad he is now driving for a team that has been well known for 'exploring loopholes'....

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Realy don't know how to feel about this...
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

A defeatist attitude?

Being angry because, ONCE AGAIN, we are behind with the performance of our car, is not defeatist.

Accepting second and third-rate team management and daydreaming that it will come good is defeatist, as it will never achieve anything.

Since Todt left we have been a average

If you are happy with that, you are not genuine Tifosi.

Winning and the outright desire to win should be in the DNA. It is not at present.

Go Luca. Go Stefano. We need winners, and you are failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Yeah too bad he is now driving for a team that has been well known for 'exploring loopholes'....
    Really sorry for him not his fault that he is in a team of cheaters,on the other hand nothing new from Red Bull its their average integrity and of course they will be saying it all fault of the flow sensor,that why they changed it in Parc Ferme already just to show that is very sensible,always the same mindtricks from them,disgusting as always
    "Tough Luck!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedPassion View Post
    I am not bashing everything or tearing everything to the ground and maybe we will sort things out and win a couple of races this year,but i truly believe that Alonso should leave and find something better.In my honest opinion he is wasting his talent in a team that isnt able to build winning cars anymore and unfortunetely he is not the most young anymore,so he must hurry up if he want to win another WDC,and although i think that hiring Allison was a good thing,it will take time to change the things around.
    Would you rather win 5 WDCs with a team like RedBull/Merc/Mclaren or 1 with a team like Ferrari? For me it's easy to decide, and I am so happy that Alonso thinks alike. This is why I like him

Quote Originally Posted by tamburello View Post
    A defeatist attitude?

Being angry because, ONCE AGAIN, we are behind with the performance of our car, is not defeatist.

Accepting second and third-rate team management and daydreaming that it will come good is defeatist, as it will never achieve anything.

Winning and the outright desire to win should be in the DNA. It is not at present.

100% right. Too mediocre for too long .

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    Would you rather win 5 WDCs with a team like RedBull/Merc/Mclaren or 1 with a team like Ferrari? For me it's easy to decide, and I am so happy that Alonso thinks alike. This is why I like him
    I am just afraid that the only 1 title with Ferrari could remain a dream
    "Tough Luck!"

Quote Originally Posted by tamburello View Post
    A defeatist attitude?

Listen, i am also disappointed. And i do agree with you that Ferrari should be about winning and being in the hunt for the championships. That is Ferrari's DNA.

This is only the first race. A lot can change and will change the next couple of weeks.

We can give the team enough time to sort the last gremlins out until at least the third race of the season.

So after two cars finishing the race well, lets stow the nooses for now and give the team time to sort the cars out.

And no, i will not give up on this year so we can work towards 2015 again as an excuse. This year we need to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Listen, i am also disappointed. And i do agree with you that Ferrari should be about winning and being in the hunt for the championships. That is Ferrari's DNA.

This is only the first race. A lot can change and will change the next couple of weeks.

We can give the team enough time to sort the last gremlins out until at least the third race of the season.

So after two cars finishing the race well, lets stow the nooses for now and give the team time to sort the cars out.

And no, i will not give up on this year so we can work towards 2015 again as an excuse. This year we need to win a championship.
    If i can comment on this,im worried from the premise that our weakest point could be the only thing in the whole car that has a performance freezing the ICE.It is almost absurd,in the last years we always had a decent engine and bad aero,and now that we have good aero a bad engine??!!I cant believe it
    "Tough Luck!"

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post

we should. I felt that ferrari should dominate and not mercedes so it is really disappointing. but for the next couple of weeks(malaysia). looking at our performance earlier, things could be worst by that time. I think we were just lucky some cars didn't made it to finish.
    Hell would have broken loose

something to look at. pretty interesting
    http://184.106.145.74/f1-championshi...edTrap_V01.pdf
    Hell would have broken loose

Quote Originally Posted by RedPassion View Post
    If i can comment on this,im worried from the premise that our weakest point could be the only thing in the whole car that has a performance freezing the ICE.It is almost absurd,in the last years we always had a decent engine and bad aero,and now that we have good aero a bad engine??!!I cant believe it

All the media speculation about who has what is just that, speculation.

We might still have the best power unit, we just need it to work together seamlessly and especially the rear braking system. But i am sure those are easily attainable for the team when they fine tune this years car more.

I think all the teams will catch Mercedes in the next couple of races(or at least the established top teams).

Scuderia Ferrari just needs to be at the front of that pack.

Very soon, a degree in Engineering will become one of the prerequisites for becoming an F1 fan.

My old man has just asked me why was Ricciardo excluded, F1 is really becoming nonsensical and too elaborate for the layman. So much for bringing it closer to the people.

I dunno what to make of this race. Am glad both cars finished. Not too glad about how we did it. 5 and 8 is hardly something to celebrate about.
    If the ERS issue or electrical fault is real.. then i guess it bodes well for future races. If its not, whats gone wrong?

Neither Nando or kimi made any impact on the cars they were racing with. Nico managed to keep alonso behind him even without DRS aid.

Its a bit depressing.

But i take heart from what happened last year. Lotus started with a bang and RBR struggled for the first few races. After that they came back and destroyed everyone else. I hope we can turn things around.
    Silently, like a shadow

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...23398--f1.html

I believe this is official already...Ricciardo excluded from Australian GP.