Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2014 Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    So our boys are 4th and 7th now?
    Yes nice 12 points for Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    The FIA reports consistently which means he gained advantage during whole Race.
    Dan's only hope to not get disqualified is if the sensor where faulty....

I'm just wondering if this is not one of the RBR strategies to insure that their car does stay ahead in a fight. But if it is a faulty sensor so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    have no emotions towrads Richiardo, if he gets disqualified, more points to us

That's right Kato, that is how i also feel.

As long as the FIA whip stays fair and constant this season

So our boys are 4th and 7th now?
    Well there are sources that say the got DQ while other say that they still talking.
    Now someone said that FIA had problems with monitors during whole weekend......

if that so. we are lucky.
    but the mclarens have more luck.
    both cars are on podium
    Hell would have broken loose

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Yes nice 12 points for Alonso.
    12 points for Alonso + 6 points for Kimi = 18 points for Ferrari... well I'm definitely happy about that.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Ifs and buts. If Ferrari had no electrical issues they would have beaten all but Mercs so 3 and 4 had Hamilton finished. This is not what happened and is fantasy same as saying if this or that finished Ferrari would be further back.
    You are kidding right ? Electrical issues ? :)) 3-4 place ? :))) come on man, merc,will, rbr and mclaren are ahead of us. It's that simple. Like you said if's and but's, you are living in denial, and looking around the forum you are the only one left :D

Is this confirmed yet?
    Red is the only color!!!

Harsh for Ric, but if it's true then it means RB gain unfair performance and rightfully should be disqualified

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Is this confirmed yet?
    Nope.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    Nope.
    Well the stewards have made their decision, but Red Bull is appealing it.

@SkyF1Insider 8m
    .....but to confirm Red Bull are currently in the Stewards appealing the decision. Ricciardo may have exceeded fuel flow limit.
    I hope RB fails

thats why ric was flying all weekend compared to vettel?
    Hell would have broken loose

IF the sensors would be really faulty, why only RB is showing to breach the rule ? Wouldnt there be another car that would get false indications ?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    You are kidding right ? Electrical issues ? :)) 3-4 place ? :))) come on man, merc,will, rbr and mclaren are ahead of us. It's that simple. Like you said if's and but's, you are living in denial, and looking around the forum you are the only one left :D
    Without the ERS problems we would've certainly finished higher that's for sure and it could very easily have been us in the place of Mclarens today, if only there wouldn't have been that ERS issue.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

RB and theird dirty tricks again
    not gonna change my profile picture

The team have supported Fernando plenty of times in these years , do not forget if it was for Ferrari Fernando would be driving for Renault for a couple of years.
    Yes we aren't doing good but just giving up hope so fast and saying that he should ditch Ferrari is unfair,especially when Fernando doesn't want to leave.
    May i remind you how many years it took the great Michael Shumacher to bring Ferrari back in glory ?
    Lets wait couple of races before we throw the towel shall we ?
    MS joined Ferrari in 1996, and won his 3rd WDC with Ferrari in 2000. It means in his 5th year with Ferrari. This year is FA 5th year with the team....

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    RB and theird dirty tricks again
    A leopard can't change its spots.

IF the sensors would be really faulty, why only RB is showing to breach the rule ? Wouldnt there be another car that would get false indications ?
    Stuart Codling @CoddersF11m

The fuel flow meter on Ricciardo’s car was changed in parc fermÃĐ, according to FIA tech delegate’s Saturday report
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    MS joined Ferrari in 1996, and won his 3rd WDC with Ferrari in 2000. It means in his 5th year with Ferrari. This year is FA 5th year with the team....
    Lets hope we do it this year, sounds like a perfect time for us to repeat that feat

Quote Originally Posted by Module View Post
    Stuart Codling @CoddersF11m

The fuel flow meter on Ricciardo’s car was changed in parc fermÃĐ, according to FIA tech delegate’s Saturday report
    So they changed the faulty with a new one and that new one could be faulty as well ?
    Something is really fishy in here.

the fuelflow meter is provided by the FIA and its very strange that it deliveres more then the allowed amount of fuel. It's possible a faulty one provided by the FIA and Riccardo will not be disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Lets hope we do it this year, sounds like a perfect time for us to repeat that feat
    It would be great. Even that, I remember 2000 wasn't so straight forward to MS.

Without the ERS problems we would've certainly finished higher that's for sure and it could very easily have been us in the place of Mclarens today, if only there wouldn't have been that ERS issue.
    I highly doubt it. We were nowhere near Magnussen today and we did not trouble Jenson at all. Either way Williams is better than both teams and we never saw Ricciardo today...

We will see. Looks like only 1 Merc and both Mclarens finished ahead despite this issue and Mclaren only just. Angry about a positive comment towards Ferrari?

Ferrari finished 4th, this is a fact all else is speculation so if I speculate I will try to look for all positives. We are clearly different in our outlooks you see a half empty glass I have a half full glass and I bet I am enjoying today more than you.

All entitled to opinions from both sides.

I highly doubt it. We were nowhere near Magnussen today and we did not trouble Jenson at all. Either way Williams is better than both teams and we never saw Ricciardo today...

ERS is a hell of a lot of horsepower not at your disposal. Depending on how big our loss was in the end, we did not do that badly for a first race of the season.

I can't hide the fact I am disappointed with mercs supremacy and our lack of race pace. I hope we were down on power big time due to ERS issues. I hope that we are 18kg overweight. But most of all I hope that these things are partially fixed for next race and are totally fixed within 3 races.

I am happy with our fuel consumption. I say this based on us doing our fastest times for both cars on the last few laps. This indicates we were not saving fuel at this stage (the most likely time to turn the power down), this along with the ERS issues we had for the whole race (less recovery = less efficiency = more fuel usage).

I am also happy with our aero. I say this based on our fastest laps compared to bottas' fastest lap (1:32.616 for Alonso and 1:32.568 for bottas both on lap 56 rosberg lapped at 1:32.478 however this was on lap 19) in the highly regarded williams with the merc engine. Given our power deficit and poor straight-line speed our chassis must be pretty good to make up for it.

Without the hulk holding up Alonso I think he could of had a chance at beating 1 of the Mclarens.

Anyone know if Lewis or sebs engine failures mean they have lost 1 of their 5 components or if they can be fixed and re-used?

I think you may be underestimating how important ERS is now. They are not KERS anymore, they are used to boost performance throughout the lap, as well as manage the turbo to prevent turbo lag for example. If the ERS is not working at all, it's as good as DNF this year. If our ERS was limited in usage today due to batteries problem, it's possible we were handicapped by it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    We will see. Looks like only 1 Merc and both Mclarens finished ahead despite this issue and Mclaren only just. Angry about a positive comment towards Ferrari?

Ferrari finished 4th, this is a fact all else is speculation so if I speculate I will try to look for all positives. We are clearly different in our outlooks you see a half empty glass I have a half full glass and I bet I am enjoying today more than you.

All entitled to opinions from both sides.
    Fernando finished 5th. As most of the time, he flattered the car. And if he gets P4 because of a DQ of another driver (which is not a fact yet) it doesn't change anything concerning the car.

12 points for Alonso + 6 points for Kimi = 18 points for Ferrari... well I'm definitely happy about that.
    Yeah its OK for now, Sunday lunch will taste a bit better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
    I can't hide the fact I am disappointed with mercs supremacy and our lack of race pace. I hope we were down on power big time due to ERS issues. I hope that we are 18kg overweight. But most of all I hope that these things are partially fixed for next race and are totally fixed within 3 races.

I am happy with our fuel consumption. I say this based on us doing our fastest times for both cars on the last few laps. This indicates we were not saving fuel at this stage (the most likely time to turn the power down), this along with the ERS issues we had for the whole race (less recovery = less efficiency = more fuel usage).

I am also happy with our aero. I say this based on our fastest laps compared to bottas' fastest lap (1:32.616 for Alonso and 1:32.568 for bottas both on lap 56 rosberg lapped at 1:32.478 however this was on lap 19) in the highly regarded williams with the merc engine. Given our power deficit and poor straight-line speed our chassis must be pretty good to make up for it.

Without the hulk holding up Alonso I think he could of had a chance at beating 1 of the Mclarens.

Anyone know if Lewis or sebs engine failures mean they have lost 1 of their 5 components or if they can be fixed and re-used?
    Lewis had a misfiring cylinder issue and based on what Ted said, it was something silly and probably just electronics. Vettel had a software issues during quali, so my bet is that the same problem reapeared (something to do with ERS I heard).

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees