Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2014 Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    The most depressing thing is that the fastest car out there is designed by someone who we decided to sack 3 years ago.
    Not really.

somehow, i think so...it seems that Aldo Costa has built a better car then Nickolas Tombazis....at least by this state of the season

so all these sayings taht aldo costa is TOO conservative in his designs.....well seeing mercedes being FASTEST, someone would have to disaggree..
    Aldo Costa is definetely not the Chief Designer of Mercedes,he is one of the five TD,so he has a part in the project,still very happy he is been sacked in 2011,he wasnt doing well .
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

question. Will the Lotus cars even make the grid tommorow?

Maldonado didnt set a quali time and Grosjean set a pretty slow time.
    I know there being kinda lient on the 107% rule this week. But Maldonado hasnt really set any good times this week and I dont know what the cut off was in Q1 but Grosjean must be pretty close if not over the cutoff time.

Raikkonen was not good at all. If Massa had put that kind of performance in, people would be calling for him to be sacked and saying how useless he was.
    Trust me, no-one wants to agree with you on this more than I do, but it's only Kimi's first race weekend back with the team and it was tricky conditions out there.

I need a lie down.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Cozza View Post

I know there being kinda lient on the 107% rule this week. But Maldonado hasnt really set any good times this week and I dont know what the cut off was in Q1 but Grosjean must be pretty close if not over the cutoff time.
    I think they both will be allowed to race tommorow. The FIA will probably take into account it's just the first race of the season.
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

somehow, i think so...it seems that Aldo Costa has built a better car then Nickolas Tombazis....at least by this state of the season

so all these sayings taht aldo costa is TOO conservative in his designs.....well seeing mercedes being FASTEST, someone would have to disaggree..
    Bob Bell (Technical Director), Ron Meadows, Geoff Willis and Andy Cowell, this four individual are responsible for their F1 car project.

Costa is Engineering Director (same role as Pat Fry's), so he is not directly involved with design process.

The only good thing,is that we can hope to do better next time!!!And by next time i mean tomorrow and if that doesnt end up good we look ahead to malaysia and on and on......!!!!But eventually that day will come ,and then ,the smile will come back to my face!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The only good thing,is that we can hope to do better next time!!!And by next time i mean tomorrow and if that doesnt end up good we look ahead to malaysia and on and on......!!!!But eventually that day will come ,and then ,the smile will come back to my face!!!!!
    We've been in this expectancy cycle for the last 6 years, no problem if another 6 years. "We have to stay calm, our feet firmly on the ground". Does it sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Cozza View Post

I think they will take into account that teams are not expected to arrive at the targeted performance right now. So they will not be looking at FP times to see how the car perform, but rather they will consider that the performance may simply be not there yet due to the huge changes. Hence they should allow Lotus to race.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    We've been in this expectancy cycle for the last 6 years, no problem if another 6 years. "We have to stay calm, our feet firmly on the ground". Does it sound familiar?
    well in point of view is very simple. ther's nothing i can do about it so why stress myself!!There are much more sirius situations in life that they are irreversible!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

anyways, the BEST PART of this qualifying session was vettel getting SCHOOLED by his team mate....an AUSTRALIAN....how IRONIC is that???

i've always KNOWN that Pettel (the screaming school girl) was only showing a good performance when he had all those "TRICKS" such as EBD, tricky engine maps helping him with traction...etc....but when it comes to actual driving skills....as we've seen today, he's NO WHERE....got SCHOOLED by Riccardo.....that was PRICELESS, his face was PRICELESS....lololoololololololLOLOLOLOL

and i dont' think it's just me saying taht.....i think MOST here would agree with me
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You should see Vettels fast lap during FP3, that car was sliding almost every corner! It brought smile on my face, i don't want him anything bad, except bad car ,or to say ,normal car !

FerrariF60 you seem a lil over the edge energetic today

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    FerrariF60 you seem a lil over the edge energetic today
    yep, course i am....even though i'm still SAD about the performance of our car ( although i believe Ferrari will come around and surpass Mercedes, just give them a race or two), on the other hand i'm EXTATICly happy to see Pettle sturggle.....and getting spanked by his teammate....AN AUSTRALIAN....lolololololo<ol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

anyways, the BEST PART of this qualifying session was vettel getting SCHOOLED by his team mate....an AUSTRALIAN....how IRONIC is that???

i've always KNOWN that Pettel (the screaming school girl) was only showing a good performance when he had all those "TRICKS" such as EBD, tricky engine maps helping him with traction...etc....but when it comes to actual driving skills....as we've seen today, he's NO WHERE....got SCHOOLED by Riccardo.....that was PRICELESS, his face was PRICELESS....lololoololololololLOLOLOLOL

and i dont' think it's just me saying taht.....i think MOST here would agree with me
    Calm down man, it's only qualifying. This serves only to put you ahead 2 metres on the grid for the race. It's silly how much attention qualifying gets these day. You look really sure that Vettel will be beaten by Ricciardo this season, using words like SCHOOLED. Would you put your money that Ricciardo will end up with more points at the end of the year that Vettel? I think not. I am happy Vettel is doing bad , but to come to a conclusion that a 4 time WDC champion is not a good driver after a qualifying round is pure speculation and a poor statement.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 15th March 2014 at 12:41.

yep, course i am....even though i'm still SAD about the performance of our car ( although i believe Ferrari will come around and surpass Mercedes, just give them a race or two), on the other hand i'm EXTATICly happy to see Pettle sturggle.....and getting spanked by his teammate....AN AUSTRALIAN....lolololololo<ol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k98Zg...e_gdata_player

The Emperor have no clothes on
    Like Fernando said interesting times for Sebastian are coming.
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

i think so....aren't those Stefano's FAMOUS words??? i think it's time to GET RID of that ******* SPINELESS incompetent team principal of a joke we seem to have for teh past......well SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many years

Luca D, please wake up smell teh coffee and GET RID OF this.......URGHGGHGHGHGH
    Sadly these days the quality of the driver can mean so much compared to the quality of the car. If you want to win, the most important thing is to have a good car. If you have the best designers and managers you will win. The best teams have the money that's no problem, it's the people that use the money. Some are just better than the others, it's that simple and if a Domenicalli comes to Ferrari, that doesn't mean he will get automatically smarter, it's the same guy. Brawn 2009 is the perfect example. Hire the best to be the best. Unfortunately Stefano is not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPassion View Post
    The Emperor have no clothes on
    Like Fernando said interesting times for Sebastian are coming.
    I would love you to see his lap from FP 3! That chicane , i don't know exactly name of it ( five corners before grid straight ), where Red Bull in previous seasons was fastest car and looked like it was on rails , cost Vettel 0.9 sec !

GOOD MORNING TO ALL. LOOKING AT THE TIMES OF ALL THREE SESSIONS HAMI IS ON POLE WITH A 1 44 2 RIC WAS A 1 44 5 KIMI POSTED A 1 44 4 IN THE SECOND SESSION SO WE ARE THERE ABOUTS I THINK ALONSO HAD BAD TIMING WITH TIRES AND TRACK CONDITIONS. JUST READ HAT WE ARE A LITTLE BEHIND IN ARE BRAKING SYSTEM BETWEEN LIGHT AND HEAVY LOADS WHICH IS NOT A MAJOR PROBLEM TO FIX AND THAT WILL MAKE A WORLF OF DIFFERENCE NO WORRIES

I'm deaf now.

Wow..not looking good. dont know if there is some magic hump to get over to get 1.5 seconds out of the car. guess its going to be another long year of qualifying. Hope the starts and race is still good. Lots of potential for tommorow at least. Good luck ferrari.

Very disappointing that another year we are caught with out pants down. Guess all the money in the world can't make people smarter.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    GOOD MORNING TO ALL. LOOKING AT THE TIMES OF ALL THREE SESSIONS HAMI IS ON POLE WITH A 1 44 2 RIC WAS A 1 44 5 KIMI POSTED A 1 44 4 IN THE SECOND SESSION SO WE ARE THERE ABOUTS I THINK ALONSO HAD BAD TIMING WITH TIRES AND TRACK CONDITIONS. JUST READ HAT WE ARE A LITTLE BEHIND IN ARE BRAKING SYSTEM BETWEEN LIGHT AND HEAVY LOADS WHICH IS NOT A MAJOR PROBLEM TO FIX AND THAT WILL MAKE A WORLF OF DIFFERENCE NO WORRIES
    You can't compare the times from Q2 and Q3. The conditions were completely different.

And turn off the freaking Caps Lock!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Alesi1 View Post
    If the pattern we saw today continues over the course of the year then this situation is simply not good enough.

There seems to be very little times when our car is actually quick. The last ok car was in 2010 (costa car). Since Pat has come, what contribution has he made? Sorry but if the changes in infrastructure he instituted are so good why are we still average?
    And stefano is an idiot. So full of you know what. We will not get anywhere under his leadership.

Both can leave and Pat can take his crap pull rod front suspension with him as far as I'm concerned. Had enough of these jokers.
    i can see and feel your frustration MATE, i'm with you on teh Stephano remark....he is trully an idiot, and i'm sure LUCA D will filally realize that he is a SPINELESS jelly fish creature and if he LOSES the WDC and WCC this year, i'm sure he's gonna the the big shiny boot, you and all of us know where....

but for Pat fry, i'm sure and i know the has done good things ever since he came to Ferrari....so between his knowledge and James Allison's i'm sure we're gonna have a reasonable season this year....will it be enough to beat the competition???

we're gonna have to wait how the 19 race season will evolve.....it's a LONG season and remember the championship is NOT decided after the first QUALIFYING of the season

What the british philosophy of selling everything off?
    Ferrari has won with Italian staff members before and foreign members.

The great years under Forghieri for instance.

i can see and feel your frustration MATE, i'm with you on teh Stephano remark....he is trully an idiot, and i'm sure LUCA D will filally realize that he is a SPINELESS jelly fish creature and if he LOSES the WDC and WCC this year, i'm sure he's gonna the the big shiny boot, you and all of us know where....
    Better hire Roberto Benigni. He's a lot funnier

I'm confident our boys will deliver a reasonable result tomorrow.

Alonso will be P3 by the end of the race, and Kimi P5

"Australian GP: Kimi Raikkonen says traffic more costly than crash"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112936
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Now I start to recognize what it means when it is said: Ferrari is Religion

Like any other religion the grounding is based on dogmas. And it is hard to come against dogmas with arguments. As soon some is coming with critics against these dogmas everyone who believes in theses dogmas will a) say it isn't that hard and finally b) the messenger will be shot.

Next parallel thing is the hope of better days which are promised to become someday in the future ... not now but near in the future ... you just have to keep calm, don't criticise god and his administrators (Ferrari or team members) and pray on (in this case: support the team --> latest example the letter from Mr. President).

Every lost champion ship our representatives tell us:
    - loosing is not our approach of being in Formula1.
    - too much areo too less engine
    - tools that fooled us
    - the ides of march weren't in February

But our representatives of our religion never get tired to promise that leaving Egypt isn't far away, and we will come back - and even stronger.

And god send us a sign by open the regulations (the sea) were we would be able to walk through, as the most significant changes in the last 20 years took place which was strictly related to the engine side (where we had been sure we created F1 sport)

But what a surprise come the first tests the story about the engine premium manufacturer gets cracks and it was obvious in the test sessions that we are not even that close where we would like to be (as an engine manufacturer). And official statements telling us the same ...

And the reaction of those who are bulletproof in believing is the same as the last couple of years
    - it is only testing ... keep calm but keep praying to the lord (change supporting for praying)
    - it is only FP1 ... keep calm but keep praying to the lord
    - it is only FP2 ... keep calm keep praying to the lord
    - it is only FP3 ... .keep calm, keep praying to the lord as this isn't Qualifying
    - it is only Qualifying ... it isn't important where you're placed ... keep calm, keep praying to the lord and race will make better.
    - it is only the xx race in champion ship ... it isn't important now ...
    - I trust in Fernando that he make the miracle to make a rabbit out of the turtle.

which is funny because most of here are of course "Ferrari supporter" who don't care about the driver only about Ferrari. But since 4 years it is this Alonso in particular (but also Felipe) who made the mule of Ferrari looking better than it was/is. With two average drivers (like in the 90ies or 80ies) we would look like children circus. But as we have this connection to Ferrari = religion = Jesus was also on the way with a mule ...

and for 4 years in a row this become like Groundhog day and some kind of normality.
    Those who begin to scrutinise get marked as making an elephant from a mouse.

Like in 'La Familia': we play happy Disney Family Sitcom. Those who are talking open about problems and the stagnation are the Black Sheeps, 'marked' and ear tweaked - but remarkable responsible that the press isn't completely joking about us...

Some thought the the problem of Ferrari is the second driver which might not be motivated: but as seen the last days. It wasn't up to the driver. They just build a car which might win the school bus trophy but not the championship of the top of motorsports.

Like I said today already: the Schumi-Todt-Brawn-Byrne years made the wrong impression that Ferrari has some kind quinta essentia regarding winning ... Ferrari just got the right wave to ride on .. For me this will be the hardest thing to learn for the future from this day on: Ferrari hasn't owned the winner gene exclusively ...

Those who don't get it on a row can roll on and talk peace-happiness-egg cake stories. (Stefano's biography book can be named: 'How I was able to look a rubbish dump like Hurst Castle' and work for a relaxation spa program where you can hear his words while you're sitting a whirlpool)

Interesting thought would be: if we would have struggled during the three test sessions like RB, would we haven been able to strike back in two weeks and stand on P2 after qualifying?

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    well in point of view is very simple. ther's nothing i can do about it so why stress myself!!There are much more sirius situations in life that they are irreversible!!!!
    Right ... but had to write it ... and now I start learning progress ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Ok, i have deleted few posts, and handed out a warning for swearing and unsulting team memebers.

People, got cool it, its only 1 quali session, the first of the year. So what it WASNT what some people wanted, it was raining, few things didnt help us to set good times. But to start bashing the car, team at this stage of the season, in my eyes is pointless. Tomorrow is where we get points, win and podiums. Tomorrow we stand good chance for podium, win maybe. Merc may just be little bit more thirsty than they let on, we been testing alot more consumption levels and flow. Be nice of to of been bit quicker today, but doesnt bother me right now.

Come on, get behind the team, Fernando and Kimi for good, clean, reliable and strong finish race tomorrow.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    What the british philosophy of selling everything off?
    Ferrari has won with Italian staff members before and foreign members.

The great years under Forghieri for instance.
    Give me a italian engineer who will give us something.... Neale,allison,newey, key,brawn,promodou,...it s a fact....nothing more .I will love an italian to give us the championship or to be a head chief.With domenicali we are gonna be nowhere he can t make good decision. 2011, ban of EDB , 2012 ask tombazi for innovation...he created a full crap with pullrod,acer duck,2 sec of the pace....the second biggest dog in ferrari era.firing dyer for one mistake in dubai(cost the tittle but give us great things) firing costa who give a LOT at mercedes(constantly costa want everything to be solid an reliable).We miss someone like tod or a big name like brawn.