Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2014 Team news&Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    So no upgrades..That looks bad.>!!
    I think he was joking on the PC abut it.

Are each and everyone of those fins, bits and pieces really necessary on a front wing???
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

James Allison said that the nose will not be a game changer,while Mercedes has already failed twice to homologating a new one,wasting probably a lot of money for a part that is probably not groundbreaking.I may be wrong,but i dont believe that Ferrari will spend much effort during the year modifying the nose,you can already see the hand of James Allison there putting resources in the parts that bring most performance,a problem Ferrari had in the last years when time and money where often wasted for parts that were not that rewarding at the end .Pat Symonds did something similar last year at Williams,stopping a new version of the coanda exhaust which he considered a waste of money at the end of 2013(60000 euro i believe)and started testing for 2014 instead.
    "Sebastian,Daniel is Faster Than you"
    "Tough Luck!"

FIA Thursday press conference

Lol! "maybe food or something" xD
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

#PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Not necessary a bad thing, IMO. IIRC, Ferrari have said the power unit need more fine tuning or something, software side. Perhaps there's more to be found from the power unit, we just need more track time
    It might not be bad but it's not good either. you can't stand still in F1.
    As I see it, no new bits just means that Ferrari hasn't been able to upgrade the F14 T aero before Melbourne.
    We don't know what's in the works, maybe a huge step up is made in the future, but a race is happening this weekend, points are awarded, this is not testing anymore, unless you have a car that's miles ahead the opposition you have to upgrade as soon as possible in all areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Btw, just want to say, the F1 Timing App is now available on Android and Apple. Since thus year there are a some new function + the app is free, with an in-app upgrade to buy. I just bought it for 9,99 € which is a lot less than last year. I think it's a really good buy
    I tried to download it and get a 'Not available in your country' message. Isn't FOM aware F1 is a global sport?

Looks like the Ferrari nose

Quote Originally Posted by slak View Post
    Looks like the Ferrari nose
    2 different FWs seems to me
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

2 different FW

Lewis has joined the cap club aswell i see
    not gonna change my profile picture

come on folks we are not standing still he was joking he just didnt care to share any info all is well its been said that we will have a very very bizzy friday testing updates on the car and electronics/programs

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    It might not be bad but it's not good either. you can't stand still in F1.
    As I see it, no new bits just means that Ferrari hasn't been able to upgrade the F14 T aero before Melbourne.
    We don't know what's in the works, maybe a huge step up is made in the future, but a race is happening this weekend, points are awarded, this is not testing anymore, unless you have a car that's miles ahead the opposition you have to upgrade as soon as possible in all areas.

I think it's best to get your basic overall package working before you upgrade for the sake of bringing upgrades. Ferrari have said they have to still get their PU up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Lewis has joined the cap club aswell i see
    Was wearing that cap all last year

now that's what I call an end plate

Some 'news' from german webpages (look ahead of the edge of the plate)

- Renault give permission to use full power
    The biggest problems of the new Renault drive seem to be resolved - The French allow their customers in Melbourne retrieve the full power

(Motor-Total.com) - All Formula 1 teams with Renault engines have permission to drive at full power. The power unit of the French car manufacturer, who suffered in winter testing still teething, had previously run with restricted settings so that the reliability was ensured.

Thanks to software modifications the problems since the last Bahrain test are already not quite acutely and at Renault is so confident that the teams would now be allowed to leave the engines running at full power. Renault Sport boss Remi Taffin declared to 'Autosport: "We were behind schedule with some parts that we wanted to have on the car, therefore we could not get our full potential."
    - Last Minutes Parts for RB

- New front wing for Merc

- Latest cooling issues at Merc solved
    The cooling problems that had occurred during the tests, Mercedes, meanwhile, has reportedly resolved at its plant in Sindelfingen. "They knew the problem from the series and had to ourselves equal to the right solution at hand," team boss Toto Wolff is quoted. Base were contaminated lines in the water cycle.
    last point leads me back to an thesis I had a week ago: that Merc profits from street car series where Ferrari has a - let say it - 'luxury problem' with their premium class cars.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

LUCA SPEAKS TO US:

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has sent an open letter to fans of the Scuderia across the globe.

It reads:

Dear tifosi,

It seems incredible but another season is about to begin and I, like you, am anxious and in a state of strong trepidation - as happens to me every year, even though I have gone through so many championships as President and, before, as sporting director.

There are more unknowns and uncertainties about this season than in the past. The rule changes are profound and numerous. It's not just a matter of the new six-cylinder turbo engine, but also systems with integrated electric engines, control units with innovative and complex software, a new package of aerodynamics... In essence it's a complicated car that will also require a different driving style.

So the first target is reliability, as we clearly saw in the test sessions.

Everyone has issues; we have lined ours up and we are in the process of resolving them. We're also putting into practice an intense plan of development, which can count on the fact that the data from the wind tunnel have been confirmed by the track comparisons, something that has not happened in recent years.

It will also be a difficult championship for the spectators to follow. The drivers will have to take care that they do not wear out the tyres and save fuel. I have already said that I hope they don't turn into taxi drivers and I say that with the greatest respect to taxi drivers, but they obviously do a different job. I, like all of you, love an extreme Formula 1 where technology and drivers are always on the limit.

Such an important set of changes to the regulations is bringing some grey areas, for example fuel, software, consumption... In these I am fully expecting the FIA to be vigilant - as I'm sure they will be - to avoid any trickery, which has also taken place in the recent past but must not happen any more for the good of this sport.

So what should we expect from tomorrow? I have asked for the highest commitment from Domenicali and his team and I know that they are all doing their best. We have a strong team, the best driver pairing - who are experienced and very talented - and everyone knows what they have to do.

We can count on an important factor that only we have: the immense affection from you, our tifosi, all over the world. I ask you for your usual great support: let's not go overboard in the good moments and let's not give up in harder ones. The championship is long and the objective is clear.

Forza Ferrari!

Official live timing seem remove sector times....they want us to buy their apps

Someone want to make a Friday practice thread?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Someone want to make a Friday practice thread?!
    You can make it..everybody will follow

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Ferrari Kid at it again, (Anthony)
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

LUCA SPEAKS TO US:

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has sent an open letter to fans of the Scuderia across the globe.

It reads:

Dear tifosi,

It seems incredible but another season is about to begin and I, like you, am anxious and in a state of strong trepidation - as happens to me every year, even though I have gone through so many championships as President and, before, as sporting director.

There are more unknowns and uncertainties about this season than in the past. The rule changes are profound and numerous. It's not just a matter of the new six-cylinder turbo engine, but also systems with integrated electric engines, control units with innovative and complex software, a new package of aerodynamics... In essence it's a complicated car that will also require a different driving style.

So the first target is reliability, as we clearly saw in the test sessions.

Everyone has issues; we have lined ours up and we are in the process of resolving them. We're also putting into practice an intense plan of development, which can count on the fact that the data from the wind tunnel have been confirmed by the track comparisons, something that has not happened in recent years.

It will also be a difficult championship for the spectators to follow. The drivers will have to take care that they do not wear out the tyres and save fuel. I have already said that I hope they don't turn into taxi drivers and I say that with the greatest respect to taxi drivers, but they obviously do a different job. I, like all of you, love an extreme Formula 1 where technology and drivers are always on the limit.

Such an important set of changes to the regulations is bringing some grey areas, for example fuel, software, consumption... In these I am fully expecting the FIA to be vigilant - as I'm sure they will be - to avoid any trickery, which has also taken place in the recent past but must not happen any more for the good of this sport.

So what should we expect from tomorrow? I have asked for the highest commitment from Domenicali and his team and I know that they are all doing their best. We have a strong team, the best driver pairing - who are experienced and very talented - and everyone knows what they have to do.

We can count on an important factor that only we have: the immense affection from you, our tifosi, all over the world. I ask you for your usual great support: let's not go overboard in the good moments and let's not give up in harder ones. The championship is long and the objective is clear.

Forza Ferrari!
    Well said mr. President. Looking forward to an exciting season and hopefully a very successful one for Ferrari.

KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Well said mr. President. Looking forward to an exciting season and hopefully a very successful one for Ferrari.

That's what we all deserve after years of near misses, it goes without saying and LdM has echoed our wishes and reservations in equal order. Great photos of our team members in Melbourne so thanks tifosi 1993 and Rob, Sunday early morning will hopefully be worth getting up for!

I'm so nervous for this weekend, like a child going to a dentist.
    I hope the internet live streaming will be working for FP1 tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Official live timing seem remove sector times....they want us to buy their apps
    If they will act like that (EA anyone?) I will just pirate their app. I was fine with paying for an that added "gps" tracking to a live timing, which every series has for free. If they knowingly downgrade they free LT to force users to buy the mobile app... **** you, you won't see a penny from me.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I'm so nervous for this weekend, like a child going to a dentist.
    I hope the internet live streaming will be working for FP1 tomorrow morning.
    Same here. All I need to do now is try to sleep for 7 1/2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    In that AMuS article they say that the new nose is so short that it doen't overlap the FW. This is what Owen.C93 posted at F1technical forum a few days ago. It may be the new nose that failed the crash test.

new:

old:
    Looks good and will get twice as much air under the front nose.

LUCA SPEAKS TO US:

...Such an important set of changes to the regulations is bringing some grey areas, for example fuel, software, consumption... In these I am fully expecting the FIA to be vigilant - as I'm sure they will be - to avoid any trickery, which has also taken place in the recent past but must not happen any more for the good of this sport....

Forza Ferrari!
    You can not be at the top with this kind of attitude. Just hoping FIA will stop other teams from double/blown diffusers, wings/floors bending, traction controls, engine maps or whatever while Ferrari only doing good for the sport.

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Let's go!!!

(oops......... )
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse