Thread: Pirelli test for only three team.

Thumbs up Pirelli test for only three team.

In two weeks it is already 2014. On the track in Sakhir, Bahrain, the Pirelli will begin testing with its tires for next year . But the sensational news is that these tests will not take place with a car "laboratory" . A shoot will be three teams involved in the world . And they will do with the cars, 2013, in derogation from the rules would only use them two years ago or even older!

It was the FIA to give permission. On the track there will be Ferrari , Red Bull and Mercedes . It seems that Ferrari had insisted that his car could run on its own. It also seems that the Lotus had been invited, but declined because he does not have the necessary funds for these test days.

So a section "reserved" for the top teams , the top finishers in the world just ended (and even the McLaren !). In and of itself is a logical choice to use newer cars. What is puzzling is why the opportunity is only open to three teams. The smaller teams are not at all happy with a decision, now, will give way to the top teams to gather first-hand information. It is true that this information will then be passed to all, but unlike some evidence "private", the teams should have access to all the data .

Of course now there are not many structures that can afford this extra expense. The world has yet to begin in 2014, and already there are controversies ...

Alberto Antonini

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport...re-team/11998/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Well I'm glad we finished in the top 3 WCC... If I understood it correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Well I'm glad we finished in the top 3 WCC... If I understood it correctly
    Well it seems they did offer the opportunity to Lotus, but that team is broke and can't afford the extra expense. I doubt that many of the smaller teams could have afforded that either.

I'm just glad we can be in this test.
    At least then we won't be behind with the tyre data.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Yes indeed hope it helps us understand the tyres better than this year

I know every km driven in an F1 car costs a tremendous amount of money, but it does make me fear for Lotus' existence if they cannot even afford that. Besides, they should have PDVSA money now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stino View Post
    I know every km driven in an F1 car costs a tremendous amount of money, but it does make me fear for Lotus' existence if they cannot even afford that. Besides, they should have PDVSA money now, right?
    There is a difference between contract signed and money in the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post

...or at least this time have an EXCUSE (if and ONLY IF) we're not doing that good next year with a brand new car out of the box....so here's a FORZA that for once we won't have to play CATCH UP...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.