Thread: Ferrari's most important innovation last 4 years

Idea Ferrari's most important innovation last 4 years

As a Ferrari die hard fan, I would like to discuss the most innovative designs and technology Ferrari introduced in the last 4 years ( 2010 to 2013 ). Please name them so we can analyse and discuss in detail. It will be a good start as we won't have any more races for the next 3 months. You all are invited to this thread. Forza Ferrari...

I can't remember anything innovative from their own that dates 2010-2013. everything was inspired from other teams. apart from the front pullrod suspension system that arguably not as effective as expected.
    but there a ton of innovation from their factory 2008 and backwards.
    Hell would have broken loose

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    I can't remember anything innovative from their own that dates 2010-2013. everything was inspired from other teams. apart from the front pullrod suspension system that arguably not as effective as expected.
    but there a ton of innovation from their factory 2008 and backwards.
    thanks for your reply...couldn't agree more. But i hope we are proven wrong here... cos moving forward we hope Ferrari will be the frontier in innovation. else we have to play catch up always.

Over the last 4 years we really have not had any stand out innovations and that has been one of our main issues of not making the car quicker. Reliability has been our strong point.

There were some serious innovation from other teams, which are :

1. Passive Double DRS from Mercedes.
    2. Long Wheel Base from Lotus.
    3. Aggressive narrow side pods from Sauber
    4. Reactive ride-height suspension from Lotus
    5. Blown rear suspension from Red bull.
    6. New Exhaust positioning from McLaren ( which Ferrari we copied )
    7. L shaped sidepods from McLaren
    8. Forward exhaust by Lotus (then Renault )
    9. Double floor arrangement by Toro Rosso
    10. Williams FW33 - innovative rear packaging
    11. F-Duct from Mercedes

List goes on and on some major some minor...but Ferrari major still remains only the pull rod suspension to my knowledge. We brought some minor innovations but nothing spectacular which could steal the championship from the rest nor won continuous 8 or 9 race wins.

Sadly Ferrari don't appear to have been able to come up with anything innovative enough to get ahead of the other top teams, unlike Red Bull and to an extent Merc and Lotus. The biggest innovation over the past 4 years has been the ability of Newey to create a car that is unbeatable, legally or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Sadly Ferrari don't appear to have been able to come up with anything innovative enough to get ahead of the other top teams, unlike Red Bull and to an extent Merc and Lotus. The biggest innovation over the past 4 years has been the ability of Newey to create a car that is unbeatable, legally or otherwise.
    Agree, but if that is the case then should we hope Ferrari to be the front runner for 2014???

When asked about the same question to Fernando, he was pining his hopes on new recruits Ferrari has made recently, the new wind tunnel and the new regulations. I hope he is right and we have the best engine and we have the most reliable car for 2014.

The inclined engine F10, but it went wrong.

And the hub fairings of F10:

Last edited by Rob; 23rd November 2013 at 11:15.