Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S GP 2013 Team quotes/pictures.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by budaman View Post
    We also have Ferrari Challenge for one of the support races & a vintage F1 support race they added last week. Think I will really try & get some decent pics of Massa as it will be the last time here in a Ferrari.
    Hey budaman, hope you're having a ball and that your Monza trip went well too, lucky chap doing 2 GPs within a couple of months. Any Massa pics must be shared, please!

United States GP – Stefano Domenicali: “An immediate reaction”

Stefano Domenicali: “This weekend ended with a result that can’t be seen as satisfactory. The race lacked any major dramatic moments and the outcome was decided on the first lap. Once again, the qualifying result conditioned our performance and on this occasion, the regret is even stronger. The gap to fifth place yesterday was minimal and if we’d started from the clean side of the track, maybe we would have witnessed a different race. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out like that and now we must grit our teeth all the way to the end in Brazil, trying our best to maximize the car’s potential, because I expect the team to react in Interlagos. Today’s result rewards Fernando’s extraordinary consistency, second on three occasions in the last four years, a small reward up against the Red Bull steamroller. Thanks to his fifth place, the battle for second in the Constructors’ Championship is still open, even if we will have to keep an eye on Lotus, which although fourth, seems to be, to all intents and purposes, the second force in the Championship. Felipe couldn’t do any more today but I am sure that in Brazil he will be competitive again for what will be his last race in red and a very emotional weekend for the whole team”.

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/uni....eEUV2fcq.dpuf

Pat Fry: “Penalised at the start”

Pat Fry: “Once again we proved to be more competitive in the race, even if today’s result is not the best testimony to that. Those who started from the clean side of the track, like Hamilton, Perez and Bottas, managed to make up a few places. We on the other hand, aware of the difficulties of starting on the dirty side, opted in Fernando’s case on a strategy of staying out for a few extra laps: thanks to his talent, Fernando made up the place lost to the McLaren at the start and then took fifth place. With the hard tyre, he had a good pace and was able to attack Hulkenberg at the right moment and stay ahead, controlling the tyre wear. From thirteenth on the grid, Felipe managed to get away well, but he was then immediately stuck behind a Force India. From then on, his race was an uphill struggle and while trying a different strategy, in the hope that something might happen to those ahead of him, we didn’t manage to get him in the points. It’s a real shame having lost to Mercedes again, because today we could have been in the fight. We will definitely try again in Brazil.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/uni....dkR4e6Zi.dpuf

Fernando Alonso: “A small reward”

Fernando Alonso: “Finishing in the top five today is a very positive result when you consider how difficult this weekend has been and the fact I had to start from the dirty side of the track. We were well aware it would be very difficult to maintain position and in fact I lost it to Perez. In the first part of the race, we weren’t quick and we decided to save the tyres and then attack round the pit stop. We were more competitive on the Hards, we passed Perez and set off to get Hulkenberg, but even if our situation compared to Mercedes has improved, we were unable to beat them. I am very proud of this second place in the Drivers’ Championship, it’s a small reward for me, the same as being first of the “mortals” behind Red Bull. My back is okay, as I did a good warm-up before the race and it didn’t bother me. I feel more tired from all the tension of the race, but now I have three days to rest and arrive in Brazil feeling a hundred percent. We really must improve there, because our goal is still to finish second in the Constructor’s Championship”.

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/uni....IkW69hTc.dpuf

Felipe Massa: “Uphill all weekend”

Felipe Massa “It’s been a really difficult weekend and I was struggling right from Friday, unable to get the tyres up to temperature or to run at a good pace. At the start, I didn’t make up any places and then for all the race I was stuck in traffic, on a track where overtaking is not that easy. We knew that making a second stop was not the best choice, but I already found myself in a difficult situation and so we decided to risk stopping for a set of Medium tyres: if anything had happened ahead of us, maybe a Safety Car, we might have profited from the situation. Unfortunately, nothing happened and the tyre wear of those ahead of me was very low, so I was behind them ending up in the same position from which I started. It’s a real shame because we could have done better. Now we must keep concentrated for the final round of the season in Brazil, my final race with Ferrari on my home track: it’s bound to be a very emotional weekend because of that. I hope I can be more competitive there and even if our rivals are very quick, we will do our best right to the very end.”

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/uni....72iOGvPb.dpuf

Stefano Domenicali Q&A - The Ferrari boss discusses the United States GP, Alonso clinches second in the standings, but Ferrari lose ground to Merc.

By William Esler. Last Updated: November 18, 2013 12:08pm

Stefano Domenicali discusses the United States Grand Prix with the written press after Fernando Alonso secured second in the Drivers' Championship, whilst Ferrari lost ground to Mercedes in the battle for second and Lotus closed on the Scuderia for third spot in the Constructors'.

Fernando sealed second in the Drivers' Championship with the fourth quickest car, what do you make of his achievements this year?
    Stefano Domenicali: "For sure it is a great achievement, because being second with all of the problems we had during the season and for all of the second half of it he did a great job. The team did a great job on the track and this is a point to start again because after so many years of being second, it is time to move up a position that is for sure.

We heard Fernando's comments mid-season and both you and Luca di Montezemolo spoke to him about it, do you think he is fully committed to Ferrari next year and long-term or is it vital for your and his future together that next season you do deliver?
    SD: "For me it is vital that we deliver a good car for all of us, because his frustrations are our frustrations. If you are not able to give a fast enough car to a driver who is fighting like hell up until the last moment, I think it is then very important that we focus on how we develop the car for the future. It is relevant to use as a priority."

Your car looked more competitive in the race that it had during the rest of the weekend, was this due to higher temperatures or due to Fernando?
    SD: "We knew it was going to be tough starting from the dirty side of the grid and the first couple of laps set what you can do later in the race. I think that in the race the pace was good, but you have to keep your distance from the car in front otherwise you damage the tyres and you cannot really attack and this is the problem with starting behind all the time.

"Unfortunately we didn't do any kind of step in the second half of the season while it seems other teams have done it. Mercedes for example may not have done a step, but they have improved more than us so something has happened that we need to rectify immediately. We have all week to analyse the data to prepare the best car we can for the last grand prix of the season because I am sure Felipe would like to do well in his last race with us and we need the points to attack Mercedes and defend third from Lotus."

Today's race wasn't a strategy thriller due to the conservative Pirelli tyres. Next year Pirelli are saying they will be even more conservative as they are fed up of the criticism they have received from some teams this year, is that a worry heading into 2014 that we will have very dull races?
    SD: "For sure this is a point of concern and will be discussed over the next couple of weeks because we cannot have a situation where in order to be very conservative, we will have races where there is not any thrill. But I am sure Pirelli will find the right solution, because it is not a case of giving favour to one team over another, it is important for the sport and the show because next year with the totally different car we will require different torque at the rear. So for sure this has to be heavily discussed over the next couple of weeks."

How involved have you been with Kimi and his operation and will you be getting involved with his fitness before the season?
    SD: "Zero to be honest, zero. We knew that he went for the operation on his spine, but we have respect for the team that he is working with now so we don't want to interfere with anything for them."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ited-states-gp

Finally got around to updating my webpage with the pics from this years race. Decided to do something a bit different & make different albums for each team....except for Marussia & Caterham. Since they didn't score any points this year, I lumped them together.

http://www.mmtravelpics.com/Our_Worl..._U.S.G.P..html

Finally got around to updating my webpage with the pics from this years race. Decided to do something a bit different & make different albums for each team....except for Marussia & Caterham. Since they didn't score any points this year, I lumped them together.

http://www.mmtravelpics.com/Our_Worl..._U.S.G.P..html
    Hi budaman, I would really like to see your photos but I can't click on it for some reason? Is that because I haven''t got an IMac or so?

Shouldn't be an issue.....I pulled it up at work on my windows computer just now. Sometimes it can take a while to load the page because it is a pretty large file though. Try just www.mmtravelpics.com & see if it comes up.

Shouldn't be an issue.....I pulled it up at work on my windows computer just now. Sometimes it can take a while to load the page because it is a pretty large file though. Try just www.mmtravelpics.com & see if it comes up.
    Sorry my fault it works now! Very nice photos by the way