Thread: Mixed Messages After Alonso's Back Injury.

Mixed Messages After Alonso's Back Injury.

Tuesday 5 November at 05:35 : Nov.5 (GMM) Mixed messages are emerging from the Ferrari camp, after Fernando Alonso's violent bump over the kerbs in Abu Dhabi.

After the incident, which took place as the Spaniard exited the pits and duelled with Jean-Eric Vergne, Alonso "wore his cap backwards" and attended to his media duties "without any problem".

"All good," added the correspondent for the Spanish sports newspaper, Manuel Franco.

But the bump over the kerbs had triggered the FIA impact alarm aboard Alonso's Ferrari, requiring him to report for a medical checkup.

Auto Motor und Sport, however, said the impact only tipped the scales above the 15G trigger because the sensor was improperly attached to the car.

Indeed, a Ferrari spokesman said the checkup was a mere "precaution", adding afterwards that Alonso is "fine".

"The doctors gave the all-clear," said German correspondent Michael Schmidt.

But Alonso's manager, Luis Garcia Abad, then alarmed the driver's millions of fans by tweeting a photo of the 32-year-old in hospital, attached to a spinal board and covered with a space blanket.

Then, on Monday, Alonso told his 1.9 million fans via Twitter: "The night was so-so. I will do more tests this afternoon and try to be 100 per cent as soon as possible."

Before leaving Abu Dhabi, he said he would "hopefully" be fit for Austin in two weeks.

But after Monday's follow-up checks for Alonso, which reportedly took place in Spain, a Ferrari spokesman told the BBC: "He's ok, just some pain and nothing more.

"The checkup was fine," he added.

Alonso's manager Abad, however, refused to say if the driver - whose relationship with Ferrari this year has been the subject of high speculation - will be fit for Austin.

"We are not talking about Austin," he said.

"We need to check everything's ok. It is nothing more than normal control of the situation," Abad added.

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/daily...ck+injury.html
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Sounds like more media fire being added to the mix, Fernando and Kimi don't turn up in Austin and they've swapped seats for 2014 and we're left with the Hulk and Felipe next season....what fun.

Then this on BBC...
    Ferrari's Fernando Alonso fit for US Grand Prix

By Andrew Benson
    Chief F1 writer at Yas Marina

Ferrari say Fernando Alonso will be fit to race in the US Grand Prix despite a back injury.A medical alarm was triggered in the Spaniard's Ferrari when it crashed down after hitting kerbs at more than 150mph during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Alonso, 32, was released from hospital on Sunday but had a further check-up on Monday after suffering discomfort. "He's OK, just some pain and nothing more," a Ferrari spokesman told BBC Sport. "The check-up was fine." The US Grand Prix takes place in Austin on 17 November.

Alonso said on Monday that he was still suffering pain in his back. "The night was so-so," he said. "I will do more tests this afternoon and try to be 100% as soon as possible."
    The sensors in Alonso's car measured the impact at 28G as he ran off the track to avoid the Toro Rosso of Jean-Eric Vergne. The medical alarm is triggered when it records a G-force of 18 or more and means the driver must go to the medical centre for a check-upAlonso conducted media interviews after the race in Abu Dhabi before going to hospital for what a Ferrari spokesman referred to as a "normal precautionary check".

The check was requested by the FIA, the body that governs Formula 1. The incident happened as Alonso left the pits following his final stop on lap 44 of the race.

He came out alongside Vergne and had to take action to avoid the Frenchman, who later said he had not seen the Ferrari as he entered the 155mph turn.

Despite being launched over the kerbs, Alonso passed Vergne while running off the track but was cleared of wrongdoing by race officials, who accepted that he had no choice but to run wide.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24813380
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    After the incident, which took place as the Spaniard exited the pits and duelled with Jean-Eric Vergne, Alonso "wore his cap backwards"
    Eh? What relevance does this have to the story? Is this some secret sign of a bad back?
    Forza Jules

no Suzie, it means he is disrespectful towards the team
    not gonna change my profile picture

I don't understand the significance of the backwards cap either.

Disappointed Since 2010

Probably to signify his laid back and in control handling of the media. Although i do not think a backward cap is at all cool, but then again that is if this media report is even accurate and trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Sounds like more media fire being added to the mix, Fernando and Kimi don't turn up in Austin and they've swapped seats for 2014 and we're left with the Hulk and Felipe next season....what fun.

LOL yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    Why what did we do this time?
    Forza Ferrari

Huh????
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

What it means is Alonso is intentionally being disrespectful so as to be allowed to leave and take Bianchi's seat, and allow the now experienced Bianchi to get a seat at Ferrari dispite the fact that Todt's other driver's seat was taken by the likes of Kimi.
    [SIGPIC]

I already posted this in other thread, is a BS story. Alos, what's up with this : "wore his cap backwards" , I guess is not literal because he had is cap in the right poisiotn when he talked to Sky, bbc and the other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I don't understand the significance of the backwards cap either.
    It's signifies the way Ferrari is going backwards in performance or it could be a sign that he wants to go back to McLaren or even Minardi... you never know, these backward caps can be very unpredictable to predict...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Tuesday 5 November at 05:35 : Nov.5 (GMM) Mixed messages are emerging from the Ferrari camp, after Fernando Alonso's violent bump over the kerbs in Abu Dhabi.

After the incident, which took place as the Spaniard exited the pits and duelled with Jean-Eric Vergne, Alonso "wore his cap backwards" and attended to his media duties "without any problem".
    It is amazing how media are focused on what Alonso is doing and i.e. how he is wearing his cap ... which must say something of course ...
    Do not know why media isn't rolling up the real story: back injury was related to a 'personal night game' ... Alonso's girl friend looked a little bit guilty everytime camera caught her ...

So Mr. Alonso: you're not in your twenties anymore therefore think a little bit more about technical support ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Do not know why media isn't rolling up the real story: back injury was related to a 'personal night game' ... Alonso's girl friend looked a little bit guilty everytime camera caught her ...

So Mr. Alonso: you're not in your twenties anymore therefore think a little bit more about technical support ...

Bwhahahahahaha

If you believe in Ferrari the main concern I think for next season is too get a decent car and package for 2014. I am a fan of our drivers so just have to wait until next year and see which pilots turn up. Guessing what hat or what health a pilot is in and who is going where we will never know only the pilots and their management know.
    Enjoy watching the rest of the season and look forward to the next!

A backwards cap... News really?

People are really desperate to find a story about him aren't they?

If they can't find one, they create it instead.

so in conclusion, wearing your cap backwards is bad for your health, image and it offends people.
    time to find a replacement
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo181 View Post
    If you believe in Ferrari the main concern I think for next season is too get a decent car and package for 2014. I am a fan of our drivers so just have to wait until next year and see which pilots turn up. Guessing what hat or what health a pilot is in and who is going where we will never know only the pilots and their management know.
    Enjoy watching the rest of the season and look forward to the next!
    In other words, shutup and stop discussing such insignificant details?

Every detail about Fernando is important for the media, because Fernando is cool. In the sense of cool i have grown up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Huh????
    wore his cap backwards - who does that to all sponsors etc. just joking btw
    not gonna change my profile picture

Alonso should wear his cap sideways in the next race

How about a Red Top Hat?

Attachment 5487

Could be great for the sponsors and it should not matter at all if it is worn backwards or not. So no controversy.

wore his cap backwards - who does that to all sponsors etc.
    ... just give the photographers on the cheap positions (in the back) also full view on sponsors?

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    How about a Red Top Hat?

Attachment 5487

Could be great for the sponsors and it should not matter at all if it is worn backwards or not. So no controversy.
    and for each victory pull a rabbit out of the hat :D
    or a Wodka bottle if Kimi wins
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post

and for each victory pull a rabbit out of the hat :D

So SD would surely endorse this idea.

Keep Calm and put your Top Hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    In other words, shutup and stop discussing such insignificant details?

Every detail about Fernando is important for the media, because Fernando is cool. In the sense of cool i have grown up with.
    Herman, your'e cool! Well said.
    [SIGPIC]