Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Indian GP 2013 : Race

For Webber starting from P2 is not a highlight of the season I guess.

Btw I am aware of the fact that Ferrari evaluated both strategies and decided that starting on primes should have been better. I do not want to argue about that more. I replied to your "why couldnt Ferrari think differently like mclaren did with Perez". That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    For Webber starting from P2 is not a highlight of the season I guess.

Btw I am aware of the fact that Ferrari evaluated both strategies and decided that starting on primes should have been better. I do not want to argue about that more. I replied to your "why couldnt Ferrari think differently like mclaren did with Perez". That is all.
    Well then why are you arguing that the strategy was better on softs? U know I was being sarcastic about the mcalren strategy when I first mentioned it right??

This is what happens when you don't have a fast car! You have to try different strategies and out of the box ideas,some work and some don't! As long as the car is not fast,we could talk about strategies forever won't really change a thing as long as the car is slow!!

Quote Originally Posted by FA fan View Post
    This is what happens when you don't have a fast car! You have to try different strategies and out of the box ideas,some work and some don't! As long as the car is not fast,we could talk about strategies forever won't really change a thing as long as the car is slow!!
    Exactly, and that is why are risky/strange strategies are bad choice and excuse when you don't have good overall package (chassis/engine)

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly, and that is why are risky/strange strategies are bad choice and excuse when you don't have good overall package (chassis/engine)
    Well stefa believe me this was not a bad strategy,Lewis was way ahead of Perez,at quail and still Perez managed to overtake him with the same strategy as alonso! It was just unfortunate that's all! It really doesn't matter if Alonso comes 3rd 4th if he can't win!

Our strategy was just the mirror opposite of the other strategy available, it was not all that strange. Not like we were the only team to do it.
    Forza Ferrari

Well stefa believe me this was not a bad strategy,Lewis was way ahead of Perez,at quail and still Perez managed to overtake him with the same strategy as alonso! It was just unfortunate that's all! It really doesn't matter if Alonso comes 3rd 4th if he can't win!
    I am not saying it is 100% bad, I am just saying that when one does not have good overall package, to be able to fight he need to look for different approach to the race, which usually, not always comes with certain amount of risk!

I am not saying it is 100% bad, I am just saying that when one does not have good overall package, to be able to fight he need to look for different approach to the race, which usually, not always comes with certain amount of risk!
    That explains Webber....oh wait.
    Forza Ferrari

But I'm happy Ferrari choose to take this risk,cuz I actually think they were thinking of having an outer chance of winning! Had vettel got stuck behind some cars trying to overtake them and lost time,the race could have actually been between Alonso and webber!!

Stupid and bad strategy for Alonso! Ferrari made a mistake with alonso in quali-Q3-and when you start P8 anything could happen. Massa a good start and race.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel08 View Post
    Stupid and bad strategy for Alonso! Ferrari made a mistake with alonso in quali-Q3-and when you start P8 anything could happen. Massa a good start and race.
    Alonso did not think he made a mistake with the strategy.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso did not think he made a mistake with the strategy.
    What else can say Alonso? F138 is not RB9 and not quick enough on the mediums. For Massa the strategy work.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel08 View Post
    What else can say Alonso? F138 is not RB9 and not quick enough on the mediums. For Massa the strategy work.
    Well he picked his strategy I assume, like Massa did his.
    Forza Ferrari

But I'm happy Ferrari choose to take this risk,cuz I actually think they were thinking of having an outer chance of winning! Had vettel got stuck behind some cars trying to overtake them and lost time,the race could have actually been between Alonso and webber!!
    Outer chance of winning?!?!?!? What are you talking about? That was possible only in case both Red Bull, Mercedes, and lotus cars DNF! SV stuck behind some cars after his first pit stop?! Yeah right. He was flying past competition after his first stop which took place as early as on lap 2. After his pit stop he dropped down to 17th place. Already on lap 13 he was 3rd!

That explains Webber....oh wait.
    I don't understand what are you trying to say...?

Ferrari and Alonso where commited to that strategy from before Qualy began !!
    And they stuck to it even though Alonso posted a very respectable Q2 time.
    It could have worked like someone else has already said.1.Webber 2.Alonso.....

I don't understand what are you trying to say...?
    That Webber in the best package picked the same strategy and did not consider it a risky one.
    Forza Ferrari

That Webber in the best package picked the same strategy and did not consider it a risky one.
    Only because he knew he could not match Vettel on the same strategy.Vettel was flying all weekend,

In his case that is not risky strategy because he is driving might RB9

In his case that is not risky strategy because he is driving might RB9
    I was replying to you saying when you don't have the best package you look for a different strategy, yet Webber in the best package took a different strategy.
    Forza Ferrari

I was replying to you saying when you don't have the best package you look for a different strategy, yet Webber in the best package took a different strategy.
    Yes you are right about risky strategies when you don't have best package. In MW case starting on harder tires was wrong.

Any way F138 is a bad car and nothing is helping it to become better. There is no strategy that will pay in our way. Lucky for us there are only 3 more races and than hopefully next year will be better for us.

HI all, just wondering exactly what did Fernando damage on the steering? Shame hey I had a good feeling for today. I've tried to convince everybody I know that the fat lady's not singing yet but how wrong was I & yeah I know it was inevitable.

The tyre strategy for Alonso was the right one. Alonso is good with his starts, good with his tyres and has decent race pace all worked in favour of this strategy. Unfortunately, the strategy also brought with it risks in the sense there is a greater chance of being involved in an incident when you have more cars around you. It's debatable whether the strategy was the correct one depending on the way you look at it. Perhaps, the way to look at it is what are the chances of success with this strategy? I would say high judging by the historical performances of Alonso as he doesn't tend to get involved in incidents.

However, the fact that Alonso managed to get many laps on the softs in practice suggests that starting on the softs wouldn't be that risky. In fact, even less risky because of a better starting position. If we had trouble keeping the softs in good shape for many laps then I can understand the logic of deploying such a strategy. When you think about it the only logical explanation is that we were going for the win or at least a very strong 2nd to protect our 2nd position in the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    What part of him saying he picked that strategy came across as bitter? You've already made that comment not so long ago about him being like Rubens - not sure why it bears repeating. Someone's certainly feeling bitter (don't really blame you after what happened to Alonso today) but it certainly ain't Felipe.

Perhaps they should dole out an 'ear-tweaking', just like Fernando got, if they think he's being disrespectful...
    How many times this season alone, his strategy ended up destroying his chances for the races? there are a few races left, i don't see anything wrong with him choosing a strategy of his choice for a change, after all if it does bad, it will be no worse than the others ferrari picked , if he does good, it means more points for our WCC as it was today.

Seriously, the amount of races that the strategy picked for him didn't pay off was high. He is no alonso, but i can see him being able to challenge people like button (who is a champion).

Really hope this isn't his last chapter in F1, alot of times i think fernando's brilliance simply obscures felipe's work.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeistes View Post
    How many times this season alone, his strategy ended up destroying his chances for the races? there are a few races left, i don't see anything wrong with him choosing a strategy of his choice for a change, after all if it does bad, it will be no worse than the others ferrari picked , if he does good, it means more points for our WCC as it was today.

Seriously, the amount of races that the strategy picked for him didn't pay off was high.
    I just don't think him saying he chose his own strategy warrants him being described as bitter and disrespectful; if Fernando chose his own strategy and it worked out, he'd be lauded as a hero. Massive double standards for some when it comes to our drivers. I think actively courting another team during the summer is perhaps more disrespectful towards Ferrari, but hey I am just a biased Massa fan.
    Forza Jules

I did not watch today's race. Did not want to see Seb becoming WDC for 4th consecutive time. Did not follow the thread nor did I read team's quotes, etc, bla, bla. I have just one question- has Domenicali offered his resignation already, or are we still waiting for this to happen? 5years!!! 5 years of "we have to stay calm" and "we will fight for the win next season" is just unacceptable anymore.

Bye, bye wdc, bye bye wcc, has to be followed by bye, bye Stefano!

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    I did not watch today's race. Did not want to see Seb becoming WDC for 4th consecutive time. Did not follow the thread nor did I read team's quotes, etc, bla, bla. I have just one question- has Domenicali offered his resignation already, or are we still waiting for this to happen? 5years!!! 5 years of "we have to stay calm" and "we will fight for the win next season" is just unacceptable anymore.
    Just wondering, did you ever watch any races between 1979 -2000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by grinchy View Post
    Just wondering, did you ever watch any races between 1979 -2000 ?
    Yes I did, however, the spirit of the team was way different, we were really fighting and the results came soon after. In the last seasons, especially 2013, we became toothless laughing stock, living on unfulfilled promises and subject to humiliation not only by RB but other average teams and drivers. For 5 seasons backed by all financial resources a team leader can imagine we failed to win at least one wdc and now even wcc is slipping slowly away.