Thread: Kimi vs Alonso: "It is not like we are 20-year-old guys any more"

Kimi vs Alonso: "It is not like we are 20-year-old guys any more"

From http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109956

Although some rival drivers have suggested that the partnership of Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso could lead to trouble, the 2007 world champion doubts there will be any issues.

"I don't see the reason why it will not work," Raikkonen said. "We are all old enough to know what we are doing and the team is working to make sure, if there is something, that we can talk it through.

"It is not like we are 20-year-old guys any more. I might be wrong, but time will tell.

"I am pretty sure all things will be good. For sure there will be hard fight on the race circuit, and sometimes things go wrong, but I am pretty sure it will be OK."
    On work ethic:

Raikkonen also thinks he will have little trouble adapting to life back at Maranello - as he dismissed suggestions he will need to ramp up his work ethic.

Kimi Raikkonen

"I know the team, and I know the people, although obviously there are some new people and more have left since I was there," he said.

"I don't think it will be too difficult to go there and do well.

"The car is different, and the most difficult thing is the cars [in 2014] are different. Whoever makes the best car will make the most out of it."

When asked if he was ready to spend more time at Maranello to push the team forwards, he said: "There are lots of stories, but I think we did pretty good in this team [Lotus] from where we started and I don't see reason why we should not be able to produce a very good car next year and keep improving it.

"It is a new challenge for all the teams but I have no worries about these things."
    The problem in forums is perhaps that some seem to still be in their 20s ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Confused Lotus View Post

The problem in forums is perhaps that some seem to still be in their 20s ;)
    some still are in fact however i never doubted if they could be together in one team and get along
    not gonna change my profile picture

And I thought that all F1 fans were all as old as me. Get off my lawn!

I really like the comments from Kimi though. He truly sounds older and wiser. He might not be a samurai yet, but perhaps will do good as The drunken master

I like those statements by Kimi.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

Kimi being realistic as always.
    Alonso also just said that, when he knew Felipe will leave, he said to the team that Kimi would be the best choice.
    Very good chance that this could actually work just fine, I think.

Kimi is right. They know eachother quite wel for already a long time, they get along well and they respect eachother.
    Of course it is true that Fernando gets a very competitive teammate, but as long as things are truely decided on the track it should be no problem.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Kimi being realistic as always.
    Alonso also just said that, when he knew Felipe will leave, he said to the team that Kimi would be the best choice.
    Very good chance that this could actually work just fine, I think.
    Could, would, should...

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Could, would, should...
    *thud*

-looking all innocent hides the mallet behind his back and walks away whistling out of tune...-