Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do we feel good about our chances in Monza?

Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    it looks like ferrari vs mercedes powered cars out there.
    somehow it looks like fernando and lewis will produce good results

any of the top 3 for fernando will do.
    just hoping for a DNF for vettel. his string of luck should end somewhere.
    String of luck? How do you work that out? Top drivers and indeed top sports people in general, often "appear" to have more luck when in reality it's just being in the right place at the right time. I think if we look over Fernando's career he will have had what people describe as a "string of luck" on many occasions. It just means that they have a knack for being in the right place and making the right calls.

FERRARI F138: MUSO A PELLICANO E MODIFICHE AL FLAP DELL'ALA ANTERIORE

Dalle prime immagini (grazie a @piusgasso) della F138, presente ai box di Monza, si notano già due interessanti novità rispetto alla monoposto che ha corso sul circuito di Spa-Francorchamps.
    Il muso è ritornato ad avere una piccola gobba nella parte bassa come quello che era stato utilizzato in Canada. Anche i flap dell'ala anteriore (quelli bianchi con il simbolo di Santander) hanno una forma diversa e sembrano composti non più da un unico flap bensì da due). Stiamo a vedere se queste novità tecniche saranno confermate anche durante la giornata di giovedì e venerdì.

FERRARI F138: MUSO A PELICAN AND CHANGES TO THE FRONT WING FLAP

From the first images (thanks to @ piusgasso) of the F138, present in the pits at Monza, already you can see two interesting new features to the cars that raced on the circuit of Spa-Francorchamps.
    The muzzle has returned to have a small hump in the lower part like the one that had been used in Canada. Even the front wing flap (the white ones with the symbol of Santander) have a different shape and seem to be composed of no more than a single flap but two). We'll see if these new techniques will be confirmed during the day on Thursday and Friday.

MONZA.jpg

Gotta have faith playa!

Post Spa, like few/some/many of us, I was feeling gloomy about our 46 point deficit to The-One-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Then I saw this 2010 Monza race highlight on BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8992164.stm). At 7:26 my faith in Alonso/Ferrai was renewed - from a layman's perspective, going into Monza, Alonso was lagging Lewis by 41pts and Webber by 38pts; yet he went into Abu Dhabi as championship leader (we shall not dwell on what happened there...).

So I'm making my pilgrimage to the Temple of Speed for a "FE-NO-ME-NA-LE" weekend.

FORZA FERRARI - AVANTI AVANTI AVANTI!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VSI View Post
    Post Spa, like few/some/many of us, I was feeling gloomy about our 46 point deficit to The-One-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Then I saw this 2010 Monza race highlight on BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8992164.stm). At 7:26 my faith in Alonso/Ferrai was renewed - from a layman's perspective, going into Monza, Alonso was lagging Lewis by 41pts and Webber by 38pts; yet he went into Abu Dhabi as championship leader (we shall not dwell on what happened there...).

So I'm making my pilgrimage to the Temple of Speed for a "FE-NO-ME-NA-LE" weekend.

Haha I love this!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

That's the Ferrari spirit! Unfortunately I can't see the video but can remember this Grand Prix very well

Quote Originally Posted by VSI View Post

Although I like the way the story went in 2010 especially after Monza, but let’s NOT forget that Pettel (the screaming school girl) also had a DNF in Korea where his engine blew up (and that also helped Fernando gain some points on both lewis and webber and ultimately Pettel too).
    Also we had a pretty good car in 2010, with reasonable amount of downforce and mechanical traction out of slow corners (something we seem to lack this season somehow) in comparison to this season.

Don’t get me WRONG, the car has improved LOT’S since Hungary and as we saw at SPA, we were pretty competitive in all conditions, we seemed to work the “NEW” tires pretty well (although red fools, at least Pettel’s car was still out of reach for us during the race). But what I’m more cautious about is that SPA as well as Monza are circuits that downforce is NOT really that important and straight line speed is KING and we seem to be relatively OK.

We just need to wait until Singapore and see how we’re going to compare with red fools at a track were ONE needs MAXIMUM downforce and good traction out of slow corners; and we all know red fools are pretty good in that department.

IF and this is a BIG IF our Singapore upgrades will be working as they should and bring us closer to red fools, or DARE I say it ON PAR or better than them, then we will take the battle to red fools ‘till the end and ONLY the PERFECT driver will make the difference, and certainly we all know that FERNANDO can deliver.

Forza Ferrari.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    To me, given that all things are normal (no SC, no DNF, puncture etc., ) it should be a straight fight between Alonso and Lewis.
    i just hope it is so.
    Quote Originally Posted by anakin View Post
    it looks like ferrari vs mercedes powered cars out there.
    somehow it looks like fernando and lewis will produce good results

don't know why people keep on mentioning that turd on a Ferrari forum????? Btw, i bet you two his team mate out scores him in the race.

I have a feeling we will see a much improved Felipe this weekend and a always stellar Fernando. Still won't get too cocky yet as RBR will surely be our main rivals in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    don't know why people keep on mentioning that turd on a Ferrari forum????? Btw, i bet you two his team mate out scores him in the race.
    I have a feeling we will see a much improved Felipe this weekend and a always stellar Fernando. Still won't get too cocky yet as RBR will surely be our main rivals in more ways than one.
    If you talking about Lewis, then i must admit i felt the same way a year or so back. But warming up to him a bit now.. ... besides, there is no denying it, after Fernando, he is the best driver on the grid.
    Yes, we shouldnt get too cocky. RBR will be right in the thick of it. Its going to be an interesting race.
    Silently, like a shadow

Again storms are predicted for Sunday... That I don't like at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Again storms are predicted for Sunday... That I don't like at all!!!
    In german newspapers Vettel announces that he want to spoil the party for Ferrari and spit into our soup.
    Maybe this storm helps us that spit goes right back where it belongs ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    In german newspapers Vettel announces that he want to spoil the party for Ferrari and spit into our soup.

I wonder how he will manage to spit in our soup with a helmet on.....think it could trouble his sight quite a bit.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

I didn't know we were going to have a party. And i don't expect anything else than a Vettel-pole and win, so what is Bieber talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I didn't know we were going to have a party. And i don't expect anything else than a Vettel-pole and win, so what is Bieber talking about?
    Why so pessimistic? I believe we have a very good chance to get a party going this weekend.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Why so pessimistic? I believe we have a very good chance to get a party going this weekend.
    i'm with you; we've been competitive in Spa and with the updates coming for Monza don't see why we wouldn't be competitive again and go for the WIN...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Because that is whats going to happen, how about being realistic?

Because that is whats going to happen, how about being realistic?
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you had psychic powers and that you can see into the future. That's amazing! Can you also predict lottery numbers for me? I would really appreciate that.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you had psychic powers and that you can see into the future. That's amazing! Can you also predict lottery numbers for me? I would really appreciate that.
    ha, ha.....this is too funny.....

on a serious note, i hope the engineers will be able to set up the car better with all the data they've gathered in FP1 and FP2 and give Alonso a car to match red fool's pace

Yes i have, unfortunately they don't work for lottery numbers. I wish.

Eta: ok, i'll try the lottery numbers thing, i wouldn't mind winning some millions- not for you though, doubting Thomas.
    Last edited by Hermann; 7th September 2013 at 13:48.

What Bieber is talking about?
    Same as every race in Dr. Marko style: let the press believe you might have it hard to be competitive .... and then come Friday what surprise, Superman Vettel is fast with a car where they (RB) haven't expected so. That's how stars are born in the media.

And if WE are honest: each win from a other team then Ferrari in Monza is win against Ferrari in special.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Would you like me to try with the lottery numbers now? Its more difficult though- they are different every time, while with Vettel....

Would you like me to try with the lottery numbers now? Its more difficult though- they are different every time, while with Vettel....
    Yea you guessed correctly this time, so what? Just a lucky guess and nothing more. In life nothing is ever absolutely certain, least of all in motorsport. Vettel might've easily had some mechanical failure (which he almost had) and a DNF, just like in Silverstone and Alonso could've won today. I'm sure you thought that Vettel would win in Silverstone too, when he was comfortably leading the race, but then suddenly he stopped and it was all over for him. You never know in sport, and as long as things aren't 100% certain there's always hope. So there is absolutely no reason to be pessimistic and think that finger boy is going to win every race and Ferrari can't win. The race ain't over till the chequered flag has been waved, get that through your head man. As long as Ferrari has a competitive car there is always a chance to win.
    Last edited by Nero Horse; 8th September 2013 at 20:40.

Yea you guessed correctly this time, so what? Just a lucky guess and nothing more. In life nothing is ever absolutely certain, least of all in motorsport. Vettel might've easily had some mechanical failure (which he almost had) and a DNF, just like in Silverstone and Alonso could've won today. I'm sure you thought that Vettel would win in Silverstone too, when he was comfortably leading the race, but then suddenly he stopped and it was all over for him. You never know in sport, and as long as things aren't 100% certain there's always hope. So there is absolutely no reason to be pessimistic and think that finger boy is going to win every race and Ferrari can't win. The race ain't over till the chequered flag has been waved, get that through your head man. As long as Ferrari has a competitive car there is always a chance to win.
    I could as well ask you to get into your head that it has been that way many times in the last 3 years, so its not that hard to predict, and therefore far from a 'lucky guess', *man*. And i always added 'if nothing unusual happens' because i'm well aware it could.

Its not my fault that Ferrari has not been able to build a car that would be capable of challenging the RB rocket for more than a handfull of races in the last years. And the outcome of this race is not my fault either. I don't make the future.