Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who should drive for Ferrari in 2014?

Who should drive for Ferrari in 2014?

There is no question to my mind that Massa will finally be let go all be it many years too late so who should drive the other Ferrari? I think Ferrari really do need a strong number 2 simply because it helps the team (in testing and constructors championship)and will keep Alonso in check as well. Personally i would love to see an Italian in the car like Jules Bianchi (his ancestry is Italian) but he may be too young. A very strong candidate may be Nico Hulkenberg.
    Last edited by Imperatore; 11th September 2013 at 01:20.

FELIPE MASSA!

Another Massa thread in disguise

Eddie Irvine
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Eddie Irvine
    Yes this!

PS. Massa's ancestry is Italian, so...
    Forza Jules

Felipe
    Hulk
    Bianchi

Who should drive alongside Alonso in 2014?

Vettel

It has to be Vettel, isnt Alonso going to RB?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    It has to be Vettel, isnt Alonso going to RB?

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

So the name of the thread should be changed as well I guess

me - i'm pretty, fit in car easily (as tall as Massa) weight is smaller so dieting for KERS wouldn't be problem, redhead (bit darker than Ferrari), could easily multitask (KERS, DRS, talk on radio while going through curves), oh and i just got my licence. and there's pleanty more
    not gonna change my profile picture

close tjis thread...people getting seriously bored in the down time and coing up with ever changing titles for "massa debate"! and yes...I would like massa to be with Ferrari for 2014! Experience will be crucial I think for next year!

experience would be crucial every year, does that mean we should have pensioners driving cars - they know the best anyway

i think Alonso needs to quit. he seems to be very slow.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    So the name of the thread should be changed as well I guess
    Forza Jules

Fangio!

For me, I say Di Resta, Bianchi, Hulkenburg would be the best choices and I would pick Davide Valsecchi as the dark horse.

The same two pilots. We need to have more constants in the team. Else, no one will know what to fix

Hulkenberg should be the 1st choice. He has shown speed in different cars.

If not him sutil or Di resta. Sutil is more experienced and has made an impressive comeback.

Bianchi should be a no at this stage. He is too inexperienced and needs to prove his racecraft in a midfield team. He does appear to be quick but driving an F1 car is not only about speed.

Obvious choice is Hulkenberg unless Alonso doesn't feel comfortable with that but I don't see why he wouldn't.

Niki Lauda

Disappointed Since 2010

Totally unnecessary to have yet another opportunity to suggest a replacement for Felipe, but I guess this is going to become a Massa-gate scenario when Alonso jumps ship and Felipe is promoted to No1. And there's nothing wrong with that, he has Italian ancestry, and so far has come closer than Alonso in taking the WDC! So please, enough speculation, what we want and what we get is not down to us, but I'm thankful for what we've got at present and hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Totally unnecessary to have yet another opportunity to suggest a replacement for Felipe, but I guess this is going to become a Massa-gate scenario when Alonso jumps ship and Felipe is promoted to No1. And there's nothing wrong with that, he has Italian ancestry, and so far has come closer than Alonso in taking the WDC! So please, enough speculation, what we want and what we get is not down to us, but I'm thankful for what we've got at present and hope it stays that way.
    i think i remember seeing Fernando at least twice as WDC.... and honestly even the blindest fan should already aknowledge that Massa won't ever be promoted as no1 in Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    i think i remember seeing Fernando at least twice as WDC.... and honestly even the blindest fan should already aknowledge that Massa won't ever be promoted as no1 in Ferrari
    I meant in a Ferrari, Katu, and my comment was in jest as I'm tired of reading about who our drivers SHOULD be instead of supporting the ones we already have.

I meant in a Ferrari, Katu, and my comment was in jest as I'm tired of reading about who our drivers SHOULD be instead of supporting the ones we already have.
    so you're trying to say that one good year is good enough to excuse 4 not even avarage years? i understand that it's tiring to hear that your favorite will be replaced, but my dear one day it'll happen anyway and let's face it, Felipe hasn't really shown marvellous performances while crashing out in 4 consecutive race weekends. even rookies haven't done that this season. and i'm not saying any one of them should replace him

Felipe hasn't really shown marvellous performances while crashing out in 4 consecutive race weekends. even rookies haven't done that this season. and i'm not saying any one of them should replace him
    When was this?

If you look at the finishing positions this year I fail to really see how Felipe is doing all that badly, and I really struggle to think who would do a much better job.
    Forza Ferrari

so you're trying to say that one good year is good enough to excuse 4 not even avarage years? i understand that it's tiring to hear that your favorite will be replaced, but my dear one day it'll happen anyway and let's face it, Felipe hasn't really shown marvellous performances while crashing out in 4 consecutive race weekends. even rookies haven't done that this season. and i'm not saying any one of them should replace him
    I realise I'm not going to win this argument with you Katu, so we'll have to agree to disagree. I understand what you're saying and I can't deny an element of truth, although not always of Felipe's own making, so I'm prepared to continue supporting my favourite driver indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    When was this?

If you look at the finishing positions this year I fail to really see how Felipe is doing all that badly, and I really struggle to think who would do a much better job.
    Monaco free practice
    Canada qualifying (only one in wet)
    Silverstone free pratice
    Germany race

Felipe is more than twice behind in points from Fernando and you say it isn't bad...
    i can't say if there is anyone better or not, we do not get the chance to see that. but dear god, i fear for the one who will eventually replace him, first mistake he makes and he would be slaughtered by Felipe-fans

I realise I'm not going to win this argument with you Katu, so we'll have to agree to disagree. I understand what you're saying and I can't deny an element of truth, although not always of Felipe's own making, so I'm prepared to continue supporting my favourite driver indefinitely.
    luck isn't in own making, sometimes life just gives you hints. just like it has given hints to Kubica who reluctantly refuses to see them, i don't understand how many crashes he should have to understand that maybe being in (any) race car isn't best for his health

Monaco free practice
    Canada qualifying (only one in wet)
    Silverstone free pratice
    Germany race

Felipe is more than twice behind in points from Fernando and you say it isn't bad...
    i can't say if there is anyone better or not, we do not get the chance to see that. but dear god, i fear for the one who will eventually replace him, first mistake he makes and he would be slaughtered by Felipe-fans
    Ah I thought you meant he crashed 4 races, practice is practice. Did not really affect his race.

Fernando gets more points as he finishes higher than Massa, when Fernando is 5th then what do you expect Felipe to be scoring other than much lower points? I doubt anyone will get slaughtered more than Felipe. Maybe you think Felipe is making Alonso look better than he actually is or something? Maybe you have a point there and Bianchi or Hulk would beat Alonso, I don't know.
    Forza Ferrari

I don't get it? No one is seeing Massa is doing poorly Now and has been doing poorly for the past few years since his accident! Put anyone that has a few years experience in Formula One or pick a GP2 driver with a few years experience and move on already! Ferrari's #2 driver has to be independent of Alonso and SCORE POINTS! Ferrari has fallen out of the World Constructor's Championship now and this has great deal to do with Massa and his continued poor results. No More Excuses from his fans and lets find a charger again. Kobyashi could side into the #2 seat Ferrari immediately and be faster. Ferrari should make the move and give Alonso a bit of heat in the process.