Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fernando Alonso rebuked by Ferrari chief Di Montezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Briatore plays down Alonso-Red Bull rumours
    02 August 2013
    Flavio Briatore insists that Fernando Alonso has no intention of quitting Ferrari to partner Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull.

There, now we can stop talking about it.
    Yep, that settles it. Now back to Massa...
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

And dont forget it was Alonso who ended a certain germans dominance last time ! So hopefully history will repeat itself !

2013 Spanish GP, Start of the race: Watching Alonso overtaking Hamilton & Raikkonen at T2 from outside in one move. That moment raised my hopes a lot. Car working brilliantly, driver is driving on the limit. I think we are really struggling to improve the car mid season & that hurts even more when we start the season on back foot. We improved F2012 a lot during the mid season but it never was sufficient. 2009 & 2010 were no different either. I can understand Alonso & LdM’s frustration but I can’t blame either. Alonso is driving on limit, LdM is hiring people who he thinks would solve our problems. I agree that Domenicali is a soft personality but we won’t gain anything by firing him, he does not design the cars. This whole 2009-13 regulation has hit us badly.

I really hope we get our act together, I don’t want Ferrari to throw the towel for F138 just yet. One DNF for Vettel with Alonso winning, & its game on.
    Spa, Monza are fast tracks so I don’t think we will know for sure if we have improved for races like Singapore, Japan, Korea, Abu Dhabi.

All in all I feel for Alonso, the guy who should have been 5 times champion by now. Time is running out for him but even MSC started his Ferrari win streak at similar age. Alonso needs to stay focused which will be extremely hard but with Ferrari he will win or lose together. It’s his team now, he is no outsider.

Forza Ferrari

This silly season will all seem like a very surreal dream when Red Bull confirm either Ricciardo or Kimi and Alonso stays put.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    This silly season will all seem like a very surreal dream when Red Bull confirm either Ricciardo or Kimi and Alonso stays put.
    Which I'm sure is what's going to happen, Suzie. But then we're back to the same old question as to Felipe's status and I'm sick of hearing this discussion as it won't make any difference. Decisions are not ours to make, all we can do is be patient and support our guys wholeheartedly for the rest of the season. These are trying times!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Which I'm sure is what's going to happen, Suzie. But then we're back to the same old question as to Felipe's status and I'm sick of hearing this discussion as it won't make any difference. Decisions are not ours to make, all we can do is be patient and support our guys wholeheartedly for the rest of the season. These are trying times!!
    I'm ignoring it this year dude. Last season I paid attention to every single rumour. This season I choose sanity.
    Forza Jules

I'm ignoring it this year dude. Last season I paid attention to every single rumour. This season I choose sanity.
    Wish I could be as strong as you Suzie, but I'll always worry for his future. I lost my sanity long ago!

Flavio Briatore says Fernando Alonso not tempted to join Red Bull
    Friday, August 2nd 2013, 10:09 GMT

Fernando Alonso, FerrariFernando Alonso is not tempted to join Red Bull next season and is fully committed to a future at Ferrari, says his manager Flavio Briatore.

After a weekend of speculation about Alonso's future, with Red Bull revealing that the Spaniard was a contender for a race seat in 2014 after learning that he could be available, Briatore has moved to quash such talk.

He insists that Alonso is thinking only of winning championships with Ferrari, and he sees nothing out of the ordinary about comments his driver made about wanting a 'car like the others'.

"Fernando has a contract and contracts must be respected," Briatore said in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

When asked if Alonso was tempted to make a push for Red Bull's vacant seat, Briatore responded: "No, no temptation whatsoever."

Alonso: an act of war or the art of war?

Briatore added that Alonso's remarks about desiring a different car were nothing to be surprised about, even though the comments prompted Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo to rebuke his driver.

"It's normal for a racing driver to desire a competitive car and the team must work hard to supply it. End of story," said Briatore.

"Alonso has never said he wants to leave. Ferrari-Alonso remains a winning pairing.

"You also need to remember that he's lost the title twice at the final race and last year in Interlagos luck got in the way too. After a spin like Vettel's, usually the engine dies, but it didn't..."

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, German GP 2013, NurburgringBriatore also suggested that Alonso would be ready to accept a tougher team-mate alongside him at Ferrari if the team believed that Felipe Massa needed replacing.

"Fernando has never had problems with racing with anyone. He's like Senna. Ayrton would say 'place anyone next to me'. That's what the strong are like."

Briatore said that problems Alonso had when team-mates with Lewis Hamilton at McLaren in 2007 were down not to him, but the way the team was run.

"That's because McLaren did everything to create confusion. A top team must be able to manage two strong drivers."

Looking to the rest of the campaign, Briatore says the key factor going forward is in Ferrari delivering as soon as it can a car that Alonso can qualify nearer the front of the grid.

"He needs to have at his disposal a car that allows him to start from the top two rows. We knew it would be tough in Hungary, as it was when I was at Renault. They need to quickly find the instruction manual at Maranello."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109135
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I still wonder if Ferrari shouldn't hire Flavio...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Wait, how many managers does Alonso have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post

i have always liked him. Would welcome him to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The way I understand it, Flavio runs a management company, of which Abad is an employee.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

18 and counting...

Insanity is much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

i have always liked him. Would welcome him to our team.
    OK, both of you just stop it, right now, or I'll be forced to post "that photo" of Flav.

Flavio is talking sense there. Much better than we need to stay calm. Flavio and Brawn both these men have a ruthless streak they will do whatever possible whenever possible just to win.
    Last edited by shamim179; 2nd August 2013 at 22:43.

Yes, who is Fernando's manager? Is it the bloke who walked into RBR a week or so ago, starting all the rumours that he (FA) was negotiating with the Bulls?
    Or is it Flavio Briatore?
    How many managers do drivers have?
    What for?

I do hope that Ferrari is getting on with the job of providing its drivers - and the whole team - with decent cars for the rest of the season and ignoring the madness that seems to have invaded the press, the Scuderia threads, LDM.......enough already!

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    OK, both of you just stop it, right now, or I'll be forced to post "that photo" of Flav.
    will stop now do not want see that image again

Wasn't part of Flav's 'punishment' to break off the management of his F1 drivers, like Webber and Fernando?
    Unless it was overturned...
    Forza Jules

If he was available why not? Whatever anybody thinks about him he has always been a F1 manager that played the game very well.

Maybe I am naive and idealistic but I'd sooner lose in an honest way than win via duplicitous methods.
    Forza Jules

Maybe I am naive and idealistic but I'd sooner lose in an honest way than win via duplicitous methods.

True, but i also don't want to lose via other team's duplicitous methods. And as long as the FIA and Bernie is at the helm of F1 we need someone with savvy.

It all does seem like a bad dream indeed. I can't wait for RB to make it's driver's announcement already and end this stupid nonsense, but I'm sure that RB will wait till the very last moment with that, cause they're absolutely relishing the opportunity to put more pressure on Ferrari.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

The original post here points up an ongoing flaw in how LDM runs Ferrari, he thinks that raiding the competition, most recently Lotus, of their key personnel and placing them in the same old Ferrari structure will result in them performing as well as they did before. At best, all it does is diminish the competition. But, unless Ferrari changes, no addition of new talent, no matter how good, will help.

If nothing else, all this hoo-ha may have given the team the rocket it needs to raise its game, but the thought of Flav and 'that' picture would sure as hell scare anyone else out of the pitlane. Not a bad idea on the face of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    The original post here points up an ongoing flaw in how LDM runs Ferrari, he thinks that raiding the competition, most recently Lotus, of their key personnel and placing them in the same old Ferrari structure will result in them performing as well as they did before.
    I agree with you fully.

The thing is Luca is not bigger than Ferrari. Managers and CEO's may come and go, but after he is gone Ferrari will still go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    ... I'm sure that RB will wait till the very last moment with that, cause they're absolutely relishing the opportunity to put more pressure on Ferrari.
    I believe Ferrari is putting more than enough pressure on themselves that they don't even bother with what anyone else is doing/saying!!

I have it from good sources that there is an international agreement for the Geneva convention not to apply to those who post that picture in an internet forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Luca IS very much like Enzo!

To a huge degree, He IS Ferreri.

All things old are all thingsnew again!

It is in the Passion and Commitment to the TEAM that has always propelled Ferrari throughout the years and that "Team First" atittude. Commitment of one's Body, Mind and Soul is the reason the Ferrari Team has survived! Everyone on the Ferrari Team have a Special Purpose and Reason why they work their and what they and Ferrari represent. It is much different from say the Red Bull Team. Red Bull is there just to have a Driver the winner first and the Team second. With Ferrari, it is just the opposite! EVERTHING is about the TEAM @ Ferrari!