Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Sainz manager meets with Christian Horner in Hungary

Carlos Sainz manager meets with Christian Horner in Hungary

NOTE: I don't know if this is actual news or just a rumor, this article is being released on quite a fe sports websites.

A shock new contender could have leapt into contention to become F1's newest Red Bull driver in 2014.

Germany's Sport Bild claims team boss Christian Horner met with Luis Garcia Abad in the Red Bull motor home in Hungary.

He is Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso's manager.

Sport Bild correspondents Bianca Garloff and Ralf Bach report that Red Bull confirmed the meeting took place, at the behest of Alonso's management.

Photos of the meeting were even published.

Spaniard Alonso is under firm contract to Ferrari for 2014, meaning that the two-time world champion or Red Bull would have to buy out the deal if he really jumps ship to become Sebastian Vettel's new teammate.

"A decision is expected in the next seven days," read the Sport Bild report.

(GMM)
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

It has also been said that the discussion was actually regarding Carlos Sainz Jr, not Alonso.
    Forza Jules

I wouldnt blame him if it was on Fernando's account.........

I havent heard of Sainz's career being discussed anywhere.
    If Alonso did jump ship, who would Ferrari even consider?

Here comes all the rumors about driver's shuffle for next year . As usual they are going to throw anything they can think off and see what sticks

True..but my question si, who would Ferrari even consider to replace Alonso?
    Is there really anyone out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I havent heard of Sainz's career being discussed anywhere.

Jul.28 (GMM) A meeting in Hungary between Christian Horner and Fernando Alonso's manager could have had nothing to do with the Ferrari driver.

Germany's Sport Bild reported earlier that Red Bull had confirmed the meeting in the team's motor home took place at Alonso manager Luis Garcia Abad's behest.

Photos of the meeting were even published, raising the tantalising prospect of Alonso buying out the rest of his long and lucrative Ferrari deal to join arch-rival Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull in 2014.

But Auto Motor und Sport correspondent Tobias Gruner suggested the story is a false alarm, as Garcia also manages the rising Red Bull-backed junior Carlos Sainz jr.

Sainz recently tested both the Toro Rosso and the Red Bull at Silverstone, and afterwards insisted he "would not say no" if an opportunity to move into F1 arose for 2014.

"Well, maybe there is a small percentage chance," the GP3 driver told Spain's AS newspaper, "but I am 18 years old and I think if you have talent you still have to be well prepared, to mature as a driver, get experience.

"But if the opportunity came, you can't say no because it could be something that comes only once in life," added Sainz, son of the rally legend Carlos Sainz.

Curiously, when given the chance on Sunday, Red Bull's Horner did not deny the Alonso link, telling German broadcaster RTL that "there will always be speculation when we have a seat available".

Mercedes chairman Niki Lauda, however, suspects the story has been planted to destabilise Ferrari.

"It's the biggest nonsense I've ever heard, a stupid rumour," he said.

"Alonso has a contract for three more years, 2014, 15, 16 -- everybody in the paddock knows that. It's absolutely not true."

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali smiled: "The psychological games are just a part of this sport."

LINK>> Alonso-Red Bull rumour a false alarm - report

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Well good..we dont need anymore problems..we have to get this car sorted...still half a season to go.

Stop talk about this stupid gossip...

(take from planetf1).

They are talking about Carlos Saiz Jr.... (red bull driver academy)
    Alonso have 32... 2 or 3 years more in ferrari and he will go out of F1.

This is the photo..

Carlos Sainz (Father), Luis García Abad (manager) and Christian Horner.

The rumor that spoke of FA has published "Sport Bild" no more to add ..
    Anyone who sees the photo knows who is talking about.

Fernando Alonso has denied this and said that will be in Ferrari until end of his contract, no matter what.

---------------------------------------

Carlos Garcia Abad NOT ONLY IS THE MANAGER OF FERNANDO ALONSO, IT IS ALSO MORE PEOPLE AS CARLOS SAINZ JUNIOR, a Red Bull driver that impressed in silverstone test (getting a time close to best lap of Sevastian Vettlel, the first time drive a red bull)..

So you have his father, his manager and his boss. who are they talking?

Bild
    Forza Ferrari

I guess they conveniently forgot to mention that Carlos's father was in the picture too

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    True..but my question si, who would Ferrari even consider to replace Alonso?
    Is there really anyone out there?
    I don't think Ferrari is prepare to replace Alonso or Massa next year. Vettel and Lewis look set to stay where they are for awhile. Only top mover is probably Kimi, which I doubt will come back to Ferrari so it's either RB or staying at Lotus for Kimi.

Ferrari may be looking at some younger driver and bring them in when they feel he's ready for a role in a top team.

Next weeks headline in BILD:

Vettel leaves Red Bull for Caterham because he fell in love with Van der Garde!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Theres no way Vettel would EVER have Alonso in the team, he doesn't want competition, he wants a #2 driver to play 2nd fiddle for him. Alonso won't do that and nor should he.

but true or not, you can't blame Alonso for looking around, Ferrari are letting him down time and time again and his career is only so long. :(

Alonso is not looking around though, unless he is lying to us. Alonso is part of Ferrari that is letting themselves down, would you give all the credit to Ferrari if Alonso was winning titles?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso is not looking around though, unless he is lying to us. Alonso is part of Ferrari that is letting themselves down, would you give all the credit to Ferrari if Alonso was winning titles?
    If alonso was in mclaren or red bull he would at least won 2 titles the last 4 years. Even if he will make a move like that i wont blame him.

I'm sure all parties involved knew full well that these kind of rumours would start if they were all pictured chatting together in the paddock, though. A bit of mind games perhaps on both sides - Alonso's to gee Ferrari up a bit, and Red Bull's to show Kimi that they have a few more options than him.

I could be talking nonsense of course.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I'm sure all parties involved knew full well that these kind of rumours would start if they were all pictured chatting together in the paddock, though. A bit of mind games perhaps on both sides - Alonso's to gee Ferrari up a bit, and Red Bull's to show Kimi that they have a few more options than him.

I could be talking nonsense of course.
    i think you are pretty correct in that
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    If alonso was in mclaren or red bull he would at least won 2 titles the last 4 years. Even if he will make a move like that i wont blame him.
    He was in a McLaren, and did not like it. He had to return cap in hand to a midfield Renault team, he made his own choices and if he turned down Red Bull then that's his own regret maybe. He can move to Red Bull if he wants, I am sure we will let him buy out his contract if that's what he wants to do.

He might have won titles at Ferrari if he never crashed at Spa in the wet, jumped the start, etc etc but he never.
    Forza Ferrari

I don't think there is truth in this article. It's wild speculation but having said that Alonso's loyalty does get tested when he gets frustrated. Moving to red bull may not be the smartest move to make in the future. They may no longer be the team to beat from 2014 onwards but Horner would love to have a driver of the caliber of Alonso who will extract the maximum potential of the car.

If Red Bull is seriously considering either Kimi or Alonso, there must be a very good chance Seb is going elsewhere.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Actually having listened to the interviews of Alonso and Horner on this subject I'm not so sure anymore. Horner goes on to say that other options suddenly appear and Alonso's smile might be giving something away? It might be we do a swap between Vettel and Alonso for next year. Disappointing that a driver like Alonso would want to leave our team but we must face with reality if this turns out to be true. And vettel's response is priceless! He's scared of Alonso! Really sad that it has come to this state.

It will be a good move at the moment for any top driver to leave Ferrari that can't even make a competitive car. Ferrari has to blame itself if it loses Alonso. Very soon, Alonso will lose it patience with Ferrari. Gradually, Ferrari will lose it status as most prestigious F1 team.
    All the top teams bar Ferrari already made progress with their performance after Silverstone test. Look where Ferrari is now compare to the others. Stefano is only good at making excuses or calm people down in crisis situation. He always said they will improve this and that, but all turn out to be a lie. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He was in a McLaren, and did not like it. He had to return cap in hand to a midfield Renault team, he made his own choices and if he turned down Red Bull then that's his own regret maybe. He can move to Red Bull if he wants, I am sure we will let him buy out his contract if that's what he wants to do.

He might have won titles at Ferrari if he never crashed at Spa in the wet, jumped the start, etc etc but he never.
    So the problem is Alonso, not the car..........................................lol

He might have won titles at Ferrari if the car was better, if the car could qualify better than 3/4 row, if the strategy was better, if the most prestigious team ever had a wind tunnel that was not constructed before Christ was born. It works both ways mate, pathetic attempt to to bash Alonso and defend Ferrari.

As a Alonso fans, Ferrari fans, or both, we should blame the team as a whole because they are together in this and none of them are perfect but I guess is easy for you to blame Alonso, after all you never liked him.
    Last edited by Kingdom Hearts; 29th July 2013 at 03:52.

Friend in Budapest paddock is telling that deals are done. Red Bull have pulled Alonso from Ferrari. Bianchi is been going to Lotus with Grosjean, co-equal. Kimi and Hulkenberg are team at Scuderia. Massa looking for a ride

Quote Originally Posted by shamim179 View Post
    Actually having listened to the interviews of Alonso and Horner on this subject I'm not so sure anymore. Horner goes on to say that other options suddenly appear and Alonso's smile might be giving something away? It might be we do a swap between Vettel and Alonso for next year. Disappointing that a driver like Alonso would want to leave our team but we must face with reality if this turns out to be true. And vettel's response is priceless! He's scared of Alonso! Really sad that it has come to this state.
    It's already been established that Alonso's manager met with Horner because of another younger driver he's managing. These managers don't just manage one driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    Friend in Budapest paddock is telling that deals are done. Red Bull have pulled Alonso from Ferrari. Bianchi is been going to Lotus with Grosjean, co-equal. Kimi and Hulkenberg are team at Scuderia. Massa looking for a ride
    what a lovely fairytale, too bad it is so unreal it won't happen. though your friend might start writing, good fiction
    not gonna change my profile picture

thats a good one!

Source? and I find it pretty hard to believe and very alaraming

Lets hope Alonso wins 2013 Champioship IA,

i can believe that Alonso must be highly frustrated, but its inconceivable that he will leave. Just media getting bored.
    Silently, like a shadow

Alonso to Red Bull is plausible. So is Kimi and Hulkenberg to Ferrari. Same for Massa leaving.

The only one I don't understand is how could Bianchi jump to Lotus. Does he have major backing? He is good, but Lotus needs the money.