Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian Grand Prix 2013 - Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by kiwifella View Post
    Rumour has it........Alonso's manager met with Christian Horner this weekend......

Wouldnt blame Alonso if he does move on really, to be fair, Ferrari havent done anything whatsoever for him in the last four years.
    his manager same as Carlos JR, please if Fernando not happy he still wouldnt say he wants to end carreer with us.

People trying to make fire where there is no smoke.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

@ESPNF1

Alonso used his DRS on three occasions when more than a second behind another car. Referred to the stewards

Not good
    No Risk, No Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Axelsson View Post
    @ESPNF1

Alonso used his DRS on three occasions when more than a second behind another car. Referred to the stewards

Not good
    thought you could use it while 1. something behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Come to think of it, how about a designers' academy similar to that of the young drivers?
    Red Bull are doing that. James Key (responsible for the 2012 Sauber) was recruited from them and moved to Toro Rosso (much like Ricciardo and Vergne) and the results is evident. The closest thing to Newey (who is a visionary rather than simply designer) is James Allison, a person who can see past the wind tunnel results and push the team in an area where big gains are to be made.

But McLaren (2012) and Merc (2013) have proven that you don't need a "star" designer to construct a rocket ship.

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 now

Alonso is under investigation for using his DRS three times when more than 1 sec behind another driver. Which shouldn't be possible
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Team principals background:
    Christian Horner, Red bull, race driver, engineer
    Martin Whitmarsh, McLaren, mechanical and aerospace engineer
    Ross Brawn, Mercedes, race car engineering
    Stefano Domenicalli, Ferrari, ..... ACCOUNTANT!?!?
    So, what could we expect?
    Hahaha no ways! Are u serious?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I always thought the DRS system is automated. If the computer determine that it's allowed, the light will turn green and the driver can activate it. Surely they can't expect the driver to judge the gap, they need the computers to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso14 View Post
    Red Bull are doing that. James Key (responsible for the 2012 Sauber) was recruited from them and moved to Toro Rosso (much like Ricciardo and Vergne) and the results is evident. The closest thing to Newey (who is a visionary rather than simply designer) is James Allison, a person who can see past the wind tunnel results and push the team in an area where big gains are to be made.

But McLaren (2012) and Merc (2013) have proven that you don't need a "star" designer to construct a rocket ship.
    Perhaps all the more reason Ferrari should have a sister team like Torro Rosso. They can bring in all the young drivers and engineers and anyone who's proven themself gets to move to Ferrari F1 team

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Hahaha no ways! Are u serious?
    Ask wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso14 View Post

+1
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Re: Hungarian Grand Prix 2013 - Race thread

I don't understand your point?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
    Forza Jules

Domenicali landed a job in Ferrari in 1991 minding the fiscal administration business, and simultaneously got a licence to be the clerk of Ferrari’s private track at Mugello. From 92 to 94, he was made race director at Mugello and got further exposure to MotoGP, DTM and other international racing series. He was given control of human resources and sponsors in 95, became team manager in 96 and was made sporting director in 2002.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I always thought the DRS system is automated. If the computer determine that it's allowed, the light will turn green and the driver can activate it. Surely they can't expect the driver to judge the gap, they need the computers to do that.

Perhaps all the more reason Ferrari should have a sister team like Torro Rosso. They can bring in all the young drivers and engineers and anyone who's proven themself gets to move to Ferrari F1 team
    Drivers get beep in over radio when can open, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post

Well, bookkeeping wise Ferrari must be the best team

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Drivers get beep in over radio when can open, i think.
    Well, I hope it's an error with the system that controls it and they won't penalize Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    And he should be saying Wow from his couch at home.

Indeed, plus Flavio was a door to door salesman and then a director of a clothing company and he still got plenty of championships.

Well, bookkeeping wise Ferrari must be the best team
    Saying an accountant isn't qualified to run an F1 team is a bit like saying a fizzy drinks company couldn't create one. But oh look.

Forza Jules

Formula1.com ‏@F1 25s

Grosjean handed 20-second post-race penalty for Button clash

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    LOL, can't believe some people are suggesting Alonso should go to Red Bull.

Alonso has proven he is a world champion, he don't need to do another easy one by going to the fastest team. What he wants now is to win a challenging one, win with Ferrari.

Last year, Alonso fight for the title was more satisfying than winning another easy title under Newey's machine
    You are joking in your last sentence, right?

Saying an accountant isn't qualified to run an F1 team is a bit like saying a fizzy drinks company couldn't create one. But oh look.

Well said Suzie. Its sad as Ferrari fans we are bashing our own...

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Well said Suzie. Its sad as Ferrari fans we are bashing our own...
    I think giving criticism and expressing disappoitment is completely fine, but insulting a person or their career background is a bit much.

Forza Jules

completely agree Suzie, baseless personal attacks from some. not cool!

hope we find something these coming weeks... I think more TVs are broken after todays results

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You are joking in your last sentence, right?
    Not at all. What I meant was for me of course. I don't know what Alonso or Ferrari feels.

We may not have won, but despite the problems we had, we fought and pushed Vettel all the way to the last race. Alonso and Ferrari managed to do make the best out of that tough situation and I am satisfied watching that. At the end of the day, some things was out of our control and so we did not win it. But it was still a satisfying season for me.

Some people discarded Ferrari from the WDC and WCC, and begin the jokes, bad business ... and bad image for the company...

Joke about Ferrari

It will be beyond absurd if Alonso got any kind of penalty for the DRS usage. Drivers get a beep and activate it, they don't have the time to analyze whether they are really less than 1s behind the other car. Obviously some kind of a technical glitch which is not a fault of Ferrari or Alonso.

Hungarian GP: Felipe Massa says Romain Grosjean penalty was wrong

Felipe Massa does not believe that Romain Grosjean should have been penalised for his bold passing move at Turn 4 during the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The Lotus driver made a brave move on Massa on the outside of the fast left-hander, but was ultimately given a drive-through penalty when stewards deemed he had all four wheels on the outside of the white line that defines the track limits.

After the race, Massa came to Grosjean's defence, claiming that the incident did not deserve a penalty.

"If he took the penalty because of what he did with me, that's completely wrong," said the Ferrari driver.

"He didn't go four wheels outside, he went with two wheels. Two wheels is possible."

Lotus's trackside operations director Alan Permane echoed Massa's views on the subject.

"The one on Massa at Turn 4 is very harsh," he said. "If Massa said so then it really must be.

"To the letter of the law, they say he left the track and gained an advantage. We dispute that because he was in front of Massa before he left the track. He could have easily stayed on the track but to avoid a contact with Massa he ran wide.

"Their [the stewards'] hands are tied a bit but I think it's harsh. To the letter of the law, the stewards have had to do that but I did ask them what he should do - stay on the track and hit Massa or run wide and avoid the collision?

"It's a very close one and maybe it just came down on the wrong side for us."

Grosjean said he had not properly reviewed the footage to know if the decision was right or wrong.

"On the drive-through, I thought I had two wheels on the white line when I went on the outside of Massa," he said. "To be honest, I haven't seen the footage."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109070?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure why Alonso is making those comments really, and Grosjean got the penalty in race for his move on Massa not for hitting Button (he got 20 sec penalty after race for that.)
    Frustration probably! I think the penalty was a bit harsh on grosjean! to be honest,but I'm sure most would disagree with me!!
    I don't see how grosjean was over aggressive at the start,I mean what is he supposed to do,tell Alonso sorry I hit you in spa last year,so I will make up for you this year,by moving out of your way!!

I really don't know what is worse:

The pace of our cars today or the comments of a lot of so-called "fans" on these forums.

Yes, Ferrari is in trouble -again- and the chance of us winning this year is getting smaller and smaller - again.
    That does not make me particulary happy too.
    Yes, I want them to do better too.
    But does it help calling for people to get sacked or for Fernando to leave for a team that can "give him a winning car"?
    It does not help a bit!

If you are a Ferrarifan, stand behind your team!

If you can't do that, then what are you doing here?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Indeed, plus Flavio was a door to door salesman and then a director of a clothing company and he still got plenty of championships.
    Flavio has guts, he is a fraudster, twice convicted, fugitive for some years, cheater, etc., etc., he can be a leader with such kind of background until he is finally put where he deserves.
    Stefano is the opposite, well, an accountant.