Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda confirms return to F1 in 2015

Honda confirms return to F1 in 2015

Honda has confimed it is set returning to Formula One with McLaren in 2015.

More to follow
    not Ferrari news but still...

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Good, F1 needs more engine manufactures. I don't like the majority of teams running Renault and Merc engines.

Agreed, a good Honda engine would be good for F1.

:As long as it is not better than the Ferrari engine

Nice to hear. I prefer having car manufacturer in F1. Honda has a lot of experience in auto racing too so together with McLaren, they could be a strong team.

Finally.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

I can already hear the Honda engineers talking to each other in the Woking garage next year: " now, let's have a very good look at this Mercedes V6 Turbo, all year long".
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

good to have them, but last time Honda had Niki Lauda, Alain Prost and Senna in their cars. Now they have Button and Perez. lol

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Button is a no go, but Perez with a good car and some confidence is gonna be good.
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Terrible news. Those ricers back.
    So now they can buy championships again... great.
    Why cant the Japanese makers just go and stay gone, its not their sport.

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    This is absolutely unacceptable here (or anywhere, for that matter). If you weren't a longtime member, you'd be gone.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    This is absolutely unacceptable here (or anywhere, for that matter). If you weren't a longtime member, you'd be gone.
    Its a car thing.
    Nothing to with people.

Its a car thing.
    Nothing to with people.
    Then don't use terms about people that could be construed as racist and offensive.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Then don't use terms about people that could be construed as racist and offensive.
    Ricers are from all races unfortunately.

Sorry guys but FranksterGM is correct.

Ricers are just like Hipsters. All show and no substance. Doesn't matter what race or ethnic background they are from.

I really admire Honda's technology. Personally, I respect 3 engine manufacturers in the world: Ferrari, BMW, and Honda. They are capable of making reliable yet powerful engines. Combined with McLaren's reputation, I certainly hope they won't be able to reach their dominance in the 1980's.
    Last edited by paneristi; 16th May 2013 at 17:18. Reason: just wording

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    I really admire Honda's technology. Personally, I respect 3 engine manufacturers in the world: Ferrari, BMW, and Honda. They are capable of making reliable yet powerful engines. Combined with McLaren's reputation, I certainly hope they won't be able to reach their dominance in the 1980's.

You left out Ford, GM and Chrysler lol.
    Cheers.

I drive a Japanese car..didnt know I was a ricer.....

Honda build good products and def build good engines. They kicked our butts when the fuel
    era of turbo's really kiked in..thats what gets me...fuel restrictions on the turbo's...If they come back
    directly with Mac, thats gonna be a serious package.
    And..if u know your F1 history, check out Reno and what they did in the late 70's.

By the way, is that what people are called who hotrod their cars now? Shoot, we did it in the 70's.
    Hotroding cars is a great way to grow up, get into something, stay out of trouble, and have fun w/cars.
    I mean sure, there r extreme showoffs who just all show n nogo their cars, but I dont think it fair to simply refer
    everyone to a term. But I do get the drift, now instead of saying that guy souped his car up, they say he riced it.
    I prefer "souped up"...Heck, we used to say Enzo souped up his cars...
    Last edited by Nova; 16th May 2013 at 22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I drive a Japanese car..didnt know I was a ricer.....

Honda build good products and def build good engines. They kicked our butts when the fuel
    era of turbo's really kiked in..thats what gets me...fuel restrictions on the turbo's...If they come back
    directly with Mac, thats gonna be a serious package.
    And..if u know your F1 history, check out Reno and what they did in the late 70's.

Sorry to hear that man.
    With a name like Nova you would think you drove a Chevrolet.

Yes I know what Renault did with turbo engines, didnt win a championship though I think
    And even though they can win in F1, their road cars....I will pass.
    A culture thing i guess.

Sorry to hear that man.
    With a name like Nova you would think you drove a Chevrolet.

Yes I know what Renault did with turbo engines, didnt win a championship though I think
    And even though they can win in F1, their road cars....I will pass.
    A culture thing i guess.
    Ive had 2 Acura's in 20 years, 1st one traded in in 02 w/339,900 miles on it..my current rsx just turned 247.000. Mobil1 every 3000.
    Ive never had a GM product hit 100,000 without blowing up..n by the way, no Nova...67 Chevelle SS396/375..yea the one w/solids in it.
    I popped more valve springs than cars Ive owned. If u know the 396 series engines, then u know what Im talking about.
    My cousins were all drag racers..I grew up in 327's n various Hemi's, not to mention my other cousins 275 Ferrari.

PS: There wasnt a Mustang, 442 or GTO that could touch the SS..there was this certain Camaro though...

Same old boring 'ricer' comments, you sound like a broken record, why not think of something new to say...?

That's a pretty lame comment and judging by your tone, somewhat offensive as well.

McLaren-Honda deal not exclusive

McLaren says its new engine deal with Honda from 2015 is not exclusive, leaving the door open for other teams to seek a supply deal when the Japanese manufacturer returns to the sport.

McLaren has secured a works deal with Honda, but when asked if it was "exclusive" McLaren managing director Jonathan Neale said there was nothing stopping Honda supplying a second team.

"It is better if Honda answers that directly, but all engine suppliers coming in to F1 know they are doing so with the expectation that should they be required, they are prepared to supply more than one team," he was quoted by Autosport. "We have no illusions; and we have a lot of work to be ready for 2015. But should the FIA or Bernie [Ecclestone] request, then Honda is aware of that situation. It is not exclusive in that respect."

The new engine regulations will come into force next year, meaning McLaren will use Mercedes' new V6 turbo engine and energy recovery systems for one season before switching to Honda. However, Neale said McLaren had reassured Mercedes than none of its secrets will find their way into Honda's hands.

"We have discussed that at length with Mercedes and we have made sure that Mercedes has all the comfort it needs," he added. "It is not in Honda's interest either. Honda is very honourable and McLaren will operate in a scrupulous way. That is why our partnerships are long term - and we are not an organisation that runs roughshod over such undertakings."

Neale also said the Honda deal does not extend to McLaren's automotive side, which uses engines built in partnership with Ricardo, or involve Honda buying into the team.

"It is more a conventional works team type arrangement," he said. "We will not go into the commercial agreements, but it does not include equity and we have had no conversation about [McLaren] Automotive.

"This is a racing programme. Honda and McLaren want to build on the relationship we have together, and give Honda the chance to showcase the technology it has with the 1.6-litre powertrain partnership."
    Good to know, hopefully this will encourage other manufacturers to enter F1 as these power trains will have more relevance in road cars.

Jonathan Neale said Mclaren had reassured Mercedes, that none of its secrets will be passed on to Honda. Yeah and today I'am having lunch with Elvis and the Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Same old boring 'ricer' comments, you sound like a broken record, why not think of something new to say...?
    I dont have to.

A Ford fanboy insults Honda...now that's funny.
    Your avatar with that Ford logo is completely misplaced and insulting to all the real Ferrari fans here by the way.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    A Ford fanboy insults Honda...now that's funny.
    Your avatar with that Ford logo is completely misplaced and insulting to all the real Ferrari fans here by the way.

They will live.
    As ford is a real marque with a history and many classics.

I dont have to.
    Does your irrational hatred of Japanese cars stem from the early 90's..?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Does your irrational hatred of Japanese cars stem from the early 90's..?
    No, why?