Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vettel: I'm not apologising

Oh Seb you might have done it now.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Mark has helped him in the past. He moved over for him in Brazil last year. Pilbeam was on the radio afterwards saying "thanks Mark". Does he expect Webber to roll out a red carpet for him?

And he's now contradicted himself too many times to keep count of.

Come on guys, he's a racing driver, why should we expect him to say sorry for winning a race for goodness' sake ?

Apologize for not stopping at a pedestrian crossing to allow the old lady to cross, but not for winning on a racing track!

Vettel was 'paying back' Webber

Sebastian Vettel admits he was "indirectly" paying back Mark Webber in Malaysia for previous situations between the two drivers and says he would do the same again as his team-mate "didn't deserve" to win.

Following Vettel's decision to ignore team orders and overtake Webber to win the race at Sepang, occasions when Webber has done similar have been cited in Vettel's defence. Having himself said "I respect Mark a lot as a racing driver but I think there was more than one occasions in the past when he could have helped the team but he didn't", Vettel was asked if he was "paying him back" for not getting his team-mate's help in Brazil last year, to which he replied: "Probably you could say indirectly so.

"But as I tried to explain after the race in my opinion it's always best to be truthful. Maybe sometimes the truth is not what the people want to hear because as you can see controversy is more popular than the truth. I told you after the race what happened; I was racing, as a racing driver I was solely focused on winning the race. I got a call on the radio which I heard but I didn't understand at the time.

"I should have understood, that's why I apologised to the team because in my action I put myself above the team but that wasn't my intention. Whether you believe me or not is up to you."

Despite his apologies, Vettel said he would ignore the team order again in the same situation because Webber "didn't deserve" to win.

"I think if I had understood the message then obviously I would have thought about it - I'm not sure I can give you a perfect answer on this - but thinking about it I probably had realised at the moment that there was quite a conflict. On the one hand I think I'm the kind of guy that respects team decisions but on the other hand Mark is not the one that deserved it at the time.

"I'm not sure I can give you a proper answer because in the moment it might be different but I'd probably do the same ... I apologised because with my action I disobeyed a team order and put myself about the team. Had I understood the message then I think I would have thought about it, reflected on what it means, what the team wants me to do - to leave Mark in first place and me finish second - I would have thought about it and probably done the same thing because Mark didn't deserve that."

Acknowledging that Webber would not help him if required later in the championship, Vettel said: "I think being completely honest I never had support from his side. I have got a lot of support from the team and I think the team is supporting both of us in the same way."

Vettel added that he didn't feel he was beyond reproach despite not being sanctioned by the team.

"I did speak up and I did apologise, and I meant it. Sanction, as in punishment? What do you expect? Maybe it's a little bit of a dreamland you all live in but what do you expect to happen? Make a suggestion... I think we dealt with it internally. As I said, I did apologise to the team, I took it very seriously. I went to see the team as soon as I could - the whole team, not just the people working here - and I told them as well."

Who's in charge at Red Bull?

After years of smiles for the cameras, jokes for the press and single-finger celebrations in parc ferme, the Red Bull team orders controversy has finally brought out the true character of Sebastian Vettel - and with it we are starting to understand the power he wields at his team.

After directly disobeying the company that has made him a worldwide superstar, Vettel had a chance to show contrition on Thursday in China. Instead he admitted he would do the same again purely because he did not feel his team-mate Mark Webber deserved the win. With those comments he has further undermined the authority of team boss Christian Horner and given the finger (the middle one this time) to the rest of the team. The message is simple: Vettel puts his interests ahead of the Red Bull's.

Since Malaysia he has apologised to the workforce at Milton Keynes, but that apology became meaningless when, at the first opportunity, he told the press he would repeat his actions. Vettel is smart, it's one of the reasons he has been so successful and one of the reasons Red Bull employ him, so he must know how his comments are being interpreted by the press and the watching world. Yet he's landed Horner with a complete mess when it would have been just as easy to keep quiet, apologise and back up the apology he offered Webber in Sepang.

The remarkable thing is that Vettel has inflamed the situation further and made a concious effort to bring up the bad blood from previous years in the process. At some point in the past three weeks he appears to have been backed in his actions rather than punished for them and you have to wonder why Horner hasn't taken a firmer line. We've known for some time that Helmut Marko is a powerful influence within the team and a strong ally of Vettel, and if he is backing his prodigy then perhaps Horner is too preoccupied with his own intra-team politics to effectively sort out the rift between his drivers.

The one thing we do know is that the gloves are off between Vettel and Webber. Never before has an all Red Bull front row seemed so appealing.
    What an absolute tool...makes people dislike him even more every time he opens his mouth, another Marko in the making...put a sock on it already.

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    Come on guys, he's a racing driver, why should we expect him to say sorry for winning a race for goodness' sake ?

Apologize for not stopping at a pedestrian crossing to allow the old lady to cross, but not for winning on a racing track!

There is more to racing than winning and being disrespectful...

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post
    There is more to racing than winning and being disrespectful...
    There has never been any respect between the RBR drivers, and we all know that Vettel is part of the brand's marketing machine.

At least they are able to say in public that they don't like each other, other drivers are disrespectful in a much nicer way!

Yes just like MS...
    If Vettel did it in a Red?
    Vettel will do it in a Red...When Alonso leaves...

Webber deserves the boot!

Hopefully Kimi will be there when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka View Post
    Webber deserves the boot!

Hopefully Kimi will be there when it happens
    But why you are here? are you a Ferrari fan?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22106490

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel says he would "probably" ignore team orders again if he was instructed not to challenge team-mate Mark Webber.

Vettel was asked if he would repeat his actions from the Malaysian Grand Prix.

He said: "I'm not sure I can give a proper answer because in the moment it might be different but I would probably do the same."

Vettel added his move was "indirectly" a form of payback for what he said was a lack of past support from Webber.

Vettel said: "I never had support from his side. I have a lot of support from the team and think they are supporting both of us the same way. I respect Mark as a racing driver but there was more than one occasion in the past when he could have helped the team and he didn't."
    Forza Ferrari

Heh, now he's whining about lack of support from Webber. Gee I wonder why Webber wouldn't support him.

Quote Originally Posted by F2002 View Post
    There has never been any respect between the RBR drivers, and we all know that Vettel is part of the brand's marketing machine.

At least they are able to say in public that they don't like each other, other drivers are disrespectful in a much nicer way!
    It wasn't Webber who called Vettel up and say hey, lets stop racing. It was an order from the team. Vettel owes a large part of his success to Red Bull. Red Bull build fast cars just the way Vettel wanted it and gave him the full support.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Heh, now he's whining about lack of support from Webber. Gee I wonder why Webber wouldn't support him.

It wasn't Webber who called Vettel up and say hey, lets stop racing. It was an order from the team. Vettel owes a large part of his success to Red Bull. Red Bull build fast cars just the way Vettel wanted it and gave him the full support.
    RBR are in it solely for marketing purposes, and Vettel is their Felix Baumgartner in Formula One.

That's why he has switched from apologizing to this I'd do it again rhetoric in 20 days, it's all with the team's blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Yes just like MS...
    If Vettel did it in a Red?
    Vettel will do it in a Red...When Alonso leaves...
    I don't think Schumi ever said Rubens didn't deserve a victory like USA or Austria 2002.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Ha ha ha... he's becoming a pantomime villan, go on, say what you really think Seb...!

Ultimately he can say what he likes, it won't be him looking for a drive next season...

Button: “Non mi aspettavo certe parole da Vettel''
    ...........''I did not expect certain words from Vettel''

Fernando Alonso; ''mai e poi mai avrebbe disobbedito a un ordine impartito dal muretto Ferrari''.
    .........................''never, ever would have disobeyed an order given by the Ferrari pit wall''
    http://www.blogf1.it/2013/04/11/butt...ole-da-vettel/

Though Vettel did a bad thing, i'm in a way glad it happened I love seeing this happening to Red Bull and i think it adds more spice to the sport. Been a while since we had a villain, and it beeing the guy that won the last 3 WDC's makes it even better.

What the hell happened? Did his bipolar medication kick in??

Didn't Webber let Vettel pass in Interlagos '12 at one point and we all heard the radio from his engineer "Thank you Mark" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Though Vettel did a bad thing, i'm in a way glad it happened I love seeing this happening to Red Bull and i think it adds more spice to the sport. Been a while since we had a villain, and it beeing the guy that won the last 3 WDC's makes it even better.
    For quite a lot of people Fernando has been the F1 villain since 2005. But i wouldn't mind someone else for a change

Time will tell if this guy will come to Ferrari or not ....
    And if he comes - he might be at least as successful as Schumacher was. This will be fine for some but they will be meaningless for me. This Saulus wont become to Paulus (for those who are not familiar with the bible: we won't earn respect from me). And when Vettels thinks he is the one who can decide whom deserves to win then he has made a step to far. There is a nice part in "Lord of the Rings" where Tolkien wrote Gandalf saying to Frodo: If you can't give live do not judge about taking it ....

For me Ferrari is competition with style and history ... and not only about winning in all circumstances with no respect to others. There is a big difference between successful or legendary. And I remember all the races before Schumacher came and I can feel the taste of victory even nowadays because they were special in different manner (and of course Schumacher had some of these).

This man has success but no style and no history ... for some reason he might come to Ferrari. But you can't become to something what you aren't in heart: a great character ...

It'll just be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks pan out with 2 GPs and all the talk that's bound to happen, but we want the racing to be the centre of attention, not this stupid boy behaving like a primadonna and defending what he did. Just hope somehow it plays into our hands. And as for replacing Fernando with Bieber, even Ferrari wouldn't be tempted, would they????

I think all this is brilliant and it's great to hear Seb being so honest. I really hope they qualify beside one another on the grid this weekend because the start would be very tasty indeed
    *rubs hands*
    Forza Jules

Looks like Horner getting out of telling to hold position in the furure, and if they all agree that they want Webber/Vettel to be "rivals" in te same team, bring it on, that will tear tat team apart.
    Red Bull to reduce the use of team orders after Sebastian Vettel row

By Andrew Benson
    Red Bull will reduce the use of team orders after owner Dietrich Mateschitz intervened in the Sebastian Vettel row.
    Mateschitz has agreed with principal Christian Horner that Red Bull will change how they use the orders.
    Horner said: "I had discussions with Dietrich and we agreed that Red Bull is not a fan of team orders.
    "Therefore we will not impose team orders at the end of a race. However, we expect the drivers to act on the information they have from the team."

Vettel has apologised for disregarding an order not to pass team-mate Mark Webber to win in Malaysia last month, but has said he would "probably" do the same again.
    Horner visited Mateschitz in Austria last Thursday where they discussed the situation.
    Mateschitz is opposed to team orders on principle and wants to see the drivers race, as befits Red Bull's sporting philosophy.
    But Horner said he understood the complications in F1, where teams are often managing problems such as rapidly degrading tyres, or concerns over reliability.
    Horner said Red Bull expected the drivers to "act in the best interests of the team because that is what they are employed to do - not only race for themselves but race and respect the interests of the team".
    The situation in Malaysia was exacerbated by the long history of competitive tension between Vettel and Webber.
    Vettel mentioned on Thursday ahead of this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix that he had "never had support" from Webber.
    That is not strictly true, as there have been a number of situations in the past when Webber has obeyed team orders not to challenge Vettel when he felt he could have passed him.
    However, there have also been times when Webber has ignored team orders not to challenge Vettel - and the team felt he was less than helpful in last year's championship-deciding Brazilian Grand Prix after being asked to support the German's fight with rival Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.

Andrew Benson
    Chief F1 writer
    "The wounds that were ripped open in Sepang had barely healed from the end of 2012, when Webber was asked to support Vettel's attempt to close out the title against Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso in Brazil and the team felt he was not only unhelpful, but obstructive.

Red Bull have considered the situation within their team in the light of the Malaysia controversy and realised that they will as a result effectively be unable to force either driver to help the other in future.
    So they are planning to try to run Vettel and Webber as two rivals who just happen to operate out of the same garage.
    It was McLaren failing to do this that led to them losing control of the rivalry between Lewis Hamilton and Alonso when they were team-mates in 2007 - which cost both men a title either could have won.
    It remains to be seen whether this will be a successful strategy or will end up hurting Red Bull's challenge in the long term.
    Former Renault team boss Flavio Briatore, who is also Alonso's manager, has said recently that he feels the row at Red Bull will only benefit the Spaniard's title challenge.
    Asked on Thursday for his views on Briatore's comments, Alonso said with a smile: "What Flavio says is always the truth. So once more I agree. He is a very clever guy and I agree with everything he says."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22109935
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But why you are here? are you a Ferrari fan?
    you asked questions i have thought of many times before
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    you asked questions i have thought of many times before
    I think he's confused.

Disappointed Since 2010

I wasn't really surprised by what Seb did, nor how Mark reacted, or even how the team reacted at the time. It was all a bit of a poor show. But what I am surprised about is that the team haven't used the break between races to smooth things over and agree a more pleasant way forward (even if it's just for the cameras). It's going to be like tuning in to Loose Women this weekend (British daytime telly chat show).

This all may turn Webber into a Redhot Bull......
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Win at any cost, just like MS?
    With a small difference, Michael obeyed orders as a true professional.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    With a small difference, Michael obeyed orders as a true professional.
    No he never, Monaco 05 which resulted in Rubens leaving the team

I doubt he was ever given any other team order.
    Forza Ferrari

yeah, i can't see Mark finishing the season at redbull... at the rate things are going, after these words from vettel there is no going back.

it is a sad thing if the bigger man here (clearly mark) is without a seat very soon because he chose to be honest and not play dirty tricks like vettel did.

whats more upsetting is the way mark is being treated by this guy, i'm not webber's biggest fan but i like him, he is a very good driver, and seems like a nice person, why does vettel has to humiliate him like he did in malasya but specially now, with these interviews??

sebastian is clearly wanting mark gone from redbull before the end, and i'm thinking he senses that ferrari this year is closer than ever, and come the last few races, he needs someone there who can do better than mark has done as a teammate.

I can almost see it... "Nelson Piquet JR to join Redbull"

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Re: Vettel: I'm not apologising

I think Mark said today that he would see out the season but wasn't sure about after that.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
    Forza Jules