Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9202122232425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,011 of 1011

Thread: 2013 Australian GP: Race thread

Promised i wouldn't come here, but had to take a peek.

Some people are just... WOW...

Gonna be a looooooong season.

From some comments here I can see that if we lose the WCC = Massa's fault for not performing. If Fernando loses the WDC = Massa's fault for performing.
    It clearly is sticking in some people's craw the drive that he put in over the weekend, God forbid Alonso should be challenged!

Anyway I think Forzi has the right idea about staying out of this thread.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    From some comments here I can see that if we lose the WCC = Massa's fault for not performing................. .......................If Fernando loses the WDC = Massa's fault for performing.

As far as i can remember Felipe has always worked for the Scuderia and did what he was asked to do...
    It is clear he was not asked to move over in Melbourne so all this talk is rubbish.
    Massa does not run the Team....he just drives and follows instructions from Smedley!!!!!!!

I don't think Massa was holding Alonso up, it's more like Vettel holding both Massa and Alonso up; but Alonso's quick thinking in pitting got him in front of 3 cars. Massa is fast, but if he wants to do even better, he needs to have the same type of quick thinking during the race.

The tiniest comment can be the spark that lights the fuse.

Nobody should ask for Massa to move over but I see no problem with other comments about either driver. They make mistakes so people can comment on it after the GP.

From some comments here I can see that if we lose the WCC = Massa's fault for not performing. If Fernando loses the WDC = Massa's fault for performing.
    It clearly is sticking in some people's craw the drive that he put in over the weekend, God forbid Alonso should be challenged!

Guys,

All I am saying is that we were fighting till the last race was because of Alonso and not Massa. If Alonso was not there most of us would have stopped watching the after the first 2 races. So everyone in Ferrari knows the team revolve around Alonso and he should have the preferences at all times. Its difficult for massa to get that standard in ferrari again. He is lucky that he is with Ferrari who are still giving him chances and supporting him. If I hear one more time from massa complaining alonso or ferrari ...i would never ever change my opinion about him. If everyone is happy with 4th then they should accept that he is not as good as alonso and stop justifying him as equal driver. For the past 3 years he has been under performing and we still persist that he should have equal treatment. Its a tough world out there. I would accept all your words once I see Massa beat (Vettel) fair and square in any race this season.

Guys,

All I am saying is that we were fighting till the last race was because of Alonso and not Massa. If Alonso was not there most of us would have stopped watching the after the first 2 races. So everyone in Ferrari knows the team revolve around Alonso and he should have the preferences at all times. Its difficult for massa to get that standard in ferrari again. He is lucky that he is with Ferrari who are still giving him chances and supporting him. If I hear one more time from massa complaining alonso or ferrari ...i would never ever change my opinion about him. If everyone is happy with 4th then they should accept that he is not as good as alonso and stop justifying him as equal driver. For the past 3 years he has been under performing and we still persist that he should have equal treatment. Its a tough world out there. I would accept all your words once I see Massa beat (Vettel) fair and square in any race this season.

^ May be he's angry at himself rather than Alonso or Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by chandran2313 View Post
    Guys,

Respectfully and honestly written!!
    There you have it in a nutshell! NO one wants to disrespect Massa, least of all me! NO one wants him to "play dead" and let Alonso past!
    NO one wants team orders to be in place from the first race of the season!
    Having said all that, it's hard (if not impossible) to be a bit concerned about the WDC, considering how four out of the last five have been
    won/lost by so very few points! INCLUDING Massa's opportunity in 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    There you have it in a nutshell! NO one wants to disrespect Massa, least of all me! NO one wants him to "play dead" and let Alonso past!
    Having said all that, it's hard (if not impossible) to be a bit concerned about the WDC, considering how four out of the last five have been
    So why are you deciding Massa has no chance of a title challenge? Seems that's pretty disrespectful to me.
    Forza Ferrari

As I am Ferrari fan, I am not a fan of any, except of a Ferrari drivers, my point of view on all this is: As long as Ferrari wins, who ever drive, and Ferrari wins CWC and one driving it wins WDC, it I am fine with that!

Just thought I would lighten the whole Alonso vs. Massa subject with some humour....

Found this while searching for some random Ferrari stuff on Ebay!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So why are you deciding Massa has no chance of a title challenge? Seems that's pretty disrespectful to me.
    That's not disrespectful. That's reality. There is a reason the odds makers have him at 40:1 and Alonso at 5:2.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    That's not disrespectful. That's reality. There is a reason the odds makers have him at 40:1 and Alonso at 5:2.
    in 2008, Kimi was meant to have been Ferrari's main contender for the title. Nothing has been decided yet.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think both drivers should be allowed to race. But, and this is for both drivers... what is the point of racing against your team mate if you know he is faster than you? I think it's best left up to the drivers at this point in the season, but if your team mate is noticeably quicker than you, then just let him go as there is the possiblity of a better result for the team. Driving defensively against your team mate only slows down both cars. If Massa was faster than Alonso, then I would expect Alonso to let him through just the same. The one thing a team doesn't need is a team mate stopping the quicker driver from achieving a better result.
    You're right in theory but you can't blame Felipe for trying to hold his hard-fought 2nd place, he needed to be seen to be fighting otherwise he'd be criticised for letting Fernando go! He can't win and neither can we in this discussion which hopefully can now be put to bed....for now! Best of luck to BOTH our drivers and the team this weekend, we'll always have our favourites and nothing will change that, but we can be magnanimous!!!
    Last edited by wisepie; 21st March 2013 at 18:38.

At this point in the season... I don't care who wins as long as a Ferrari driver wins... even better if it's a 1,2

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    At this point in the season... I don't care who wins as long as a Ferrari driver wins... even better if it's a 1,2
    I hold the same opinion. Unless a driver is clearly hindering another driver no team orders should be applied until at least the half way mark of the season which is usually when one driver starts to pull away in the championship.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

I didn't say Massa has no chance of challenging! Nor would I say that a number of other good drivers on the grid have no chance, because it is early in the season.

HOWEVER, between our two drivers, it is more likely that Alonso will the one challenging!

Please understand that there is a difference, as subtle as it may seem.

I didn't say Massa has no chance of challenging! Nor would I say that a number of other good drivers on the grid have no chance, because it is early in the season.

HOWEVER, between our two drivers, it is more likely that Alonso will the one challenging!

Please understand that there is a difference, as subtle as it may seem.
    Or more likely if we as a team do a good job, both of them can challenge and as such talking about team orders and rolling over at this stage is simply ludicrous.

Maybe I just have a little bit more faith in our team than some.
    Forza Ferrari

Or more likely if we as a team do a good job, both of them can challenge and as such talking about team orders and rolling over at this stage is simply ludicrous.
    Again, you've misunderstood/misinterpreted my concern for how few points it takes to lose the title and made it something sinister!
    You don't have to agree with me; but, really, it's not necessary to belittle my opinion, just because it differs from yours!

Maybe I just have a little bit more faith in our team than some.
    Not sure how you would measure that; but, I won't argue semantics with you!
    Have a great evening!!
    Last edited by sagi58; 22nd March 2013 at 23:49.