Page 1 of 32 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 WEC, IMSA&ELMS News

Big Grin 2013 WEC, IMSA&ELMS News

Here comes another year of Endurance racing. Lets hope AF Corse can have just as a good season as last year. Wonder what Audi going to do with the R18 E-Tron to make it faster than the Toyota's. The E-TRon brilliant car, the the Toyota really shocked Audi with the race pace and speed over a single lap.

Andrea Belicchi continues with Rebellion Racing
    03/01/20134:50 p.m. - Auto News

The team holds a trophy FIA Endurance (LM P1 best private) renews its confidence in the oldest drivers.

A month after announcing the recruitment of Mathias Beche ( article here ), Rebellion Racing confirms the renewal of the contract between the team's iconic driver Andrea Belicchi . In 2013, the Italian rider competing in his seventh season with the Swiss team common (eg Speedy Racing) in 2007, began the series LMS (now ELMS ) with a modest Spyker.

Andrea Belicchi will be part of the crew aligned with the 12 Hours of Sebring race counting for the American Le Mans Series . For the rest of his program, he will have to wait a few days ...

Andrea Belicchi: "I am delighted at the idea of running again with Rebellion Racing is my second family. The program racing team for 2013 has not been finalized yet, but I'm sure it will be interesting. There is a mutual trust between us and we will try to be in position to win, regardless of the competition or continent where we will run! The team and its technical partners are working hard on improvements to the car, there are many developments to come. I'm still me ready to start the new season with Rebellion Racing. '

Bart Hayden, Rebellion Racing Manager: "I am delighted that Andrea is back with us next season, he was and remains a key member of the team, it is fast, reliable, loyal and sharing our spirit team. '

Statement Rebellion Racing
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Anthony Davidson confident of fitness ahead of comeback at Daytona
    By Gary Watkins Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 13:45 GMT

Sportscar star Anthony Davidson has no concerns about the back injuries he sustained at last year's Le Mans 24 Hours as he prepares to make his comeback behind the wheel of a racing car this week.

The 33-year-old Briton, who fractured two vertebrae when his Toyota TS010 Hybrid flipped at Le Mans in June 2012, will drive the 8Star Motorsports Coyote-Chevrolet at the official Daytona 24 Hours test, which starts on Friday.

The Briton is scheduled to share the Corvette-bodied car in the US enduro on January 26-27 with Stephane Sarrazin, Nicolas Minassian, Pedro Lamy and team boss Enzo Potolicchio.

Davidson, who has been re-signed by Toyota for its 2013 LMP1 campaign, said: "My back is strong, so I have no worries.

"I have been running and cycling for a while and have been in the Toyota and Mercedes Formula 1 simulators.

"It will be my first time back in a car, so it is going to give me a bit of a work-out before I get going with Toyota.

"It will be a good way to blow the cobwebs away; I can't wait to get going again."

Davidson said he is looking forward to the challenge of driving a Daytona Prototype and racing in one of the major sportscar events for the first time.

"I never driven a DP before, but I've spoken to enough drivers who have to know that it is going to be a new type of challenge," he said. "I'm expecting quite a specific car.

"I'm going into the race with my eyes wide open; anything can happen. Maybe I can have some of the beginner's luck I had at the Sebring 12 Hours when I won with Peugeot [on his debut in 2011]."

Davidson and the other five members of Toyota's 2012 Le Mans line-up have all been retained for the coming season.

It is expected but still unconfirmed that Toyota will field two cars in the full FIA World Endurance Championship.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104982

In the United States, Le Mans Prototype and united in Daytona Prototype class
    04/01/201310:00 p.m. - Auto News - AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES

America, and Le Mans Prototype Daytona Prototype will be united in the same category in 2014, with effect for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. This is the main information in a press conference held today by the leaders of the American Le Mans Series and Grand-Am.

The American press had gathered on Friday afternoon (local time) at Daytona Speedway as part of a conference on the future regulation of sports championship meet for the first time the American Le Mans Series and Grand-Am in 2014 . These two competitions in place for more than a decade, until now revolve on totally different regulations, so that one of the challenges of the merger held in different categories of equity coexist.

This first conference was therefore to define the main direction of future technical legislation:

• The current LM P2 (ALMS) and Daytona Prototype (Grand-Am) will compete in the same category. In this context, the performance of LM P2 will be slightly reduced. Also, the organizers ensure that the LM P2 can be easily brought into conformity with the ACO regulations, so that the teams that operate to be able to participate in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The DeltaWing will be accepted in this category prototype.

• The current design class PC LM (Le Mans Prototype Challenge) will remain unchanged and will act as a second category prototypes.

• The category GT for ALMS (the LM GTE for ACO) remain unchanged, while the current Grand-Am GT associated with GTC becomes the second ALMS Grand Touring class. The new Grand-AM GX , which will begin this year at the 24 Hours of Daytona, GT could be integrated in 2014.

Finally, if comparative tests have been made, others will be completed by January 2014 so that different scales are perfectly balanced performance.

Scott Elkins, COO of ALMS, held to explain: " Many factors have been taken into account in this process but the priority was to meet the needs of the greatest number of competitors can continue to use their machines. We also wish to thank the Automobile Club de l'Ouest for his work as our aim is to always offer the teams the opportunity to qualify and participate in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. "

Bit of a shame, was looking forward to seeing this...

MAZDA DIESEL ENGINE NO LMP2 AT LE MANS IN 2013
    2013-01-06 9:47:00

We will not hear, as originally planned, the sound of the diesel engine LMP2 Mazda, the SKYACTIV-D clean diesel at Le Mans this year as we noted John Doonan, Director of Mazda Motorports in the following terms:

"We can not race at Le Mans in 2013 with our LMP2 engine SKYACTIV-D clean diesel. Our steering committee in North America has asked us to focus on the program Mazda6 GX Grand-Am (with the same engine SKYACTIV) with the objective of testing and development in preparation for an LMP2 program in 2014 . '

Consequence of this decision, Dempsey Racing will obviously not be at Le Mans with diesel engine Mazda and this year it will not further colors Mazda Grand-Am as we said John Doonan:
    "Dempsey Racing will not run a car engine that Mazda is in Grand-Am at Le Mans in 2013. '

Heres a little bit more on it...

Le Mans goal for Patrick Dempsey
    06/01/201310:34 - Auto News - 24 HOURS OF LE MANS 2012

Patrick Dempsey decided to make a cross on the 24 Hours of Daytona (January 26-27) in order to concentrate on his participation in the 81st edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans (23 and 23 June 2013)

After a long partnership with the Japanese manufacturer Mazda , American actor, exploring new options to ensure a place on the starting grid of the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2013. John Foster, team manager of Dempsey Racing explains: " We had a great relationship with Mazda for years, but between the objective of Patrick to the Le Mans 24 Hours and the new diesel Mazda program is being developed to Series ALMS / Grand-Am, we are not on the same wavelength and we decided to do our own program " .

The team based in Georgia has several options for the classic Sarthe. According to John Foster "We have several opportunities in the GT class, including GTE-spec, or LMP2 Lola B12/80 Judd with. One thing is sure Patrick really wants to participate in the 24 Hours of Le Mans" .

First race against time has begun for Dempsey Racing, they must submit their request to participate in the upcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans, before 15 January 2013. After receiving commitments of all teams, the decision is in the hands of the selection committee of the COA to determine who will be invited to test day on June 9.

Not again, feel really sorry for him and all the squad.

Pescarolo could continue after team goes into liquidation
    By Gary Watkins Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 10:29 GMT

Sportscar legend Henri Pescarolo has not ruled out continuing as a team owner after his company went into liquidation on Tuesday.

The company, known as Pescarolo Team in its final incarnation, was liquidated by a French court after a six-month period during which it was protected under law from its creditors in a procedure akin to Chapter 11 in the US.

A survival plan for the squad, which withdrew from the World Endurance Championship after a disastrous Le Mans 24 Hours, had to be presented to a commercial court in Le Mans at the end of that period.

Pescarolo, whose team was the most successful privateer at Le Mans for much of the 2000s as Pescarolo Sport, said: "It is not the right time to find new sponsors or investors. I had no real solution to present to the court.

"This means that Pescarolo Team doesn't exist any more as a company, but if I want to, I can continue. I still own the workshops and all the mechanics [who were paid by the government during the protection period] are available."

Pescarolo explained that his team could work with another entrant at this year's Le Mans 24 Hours.

"I am talking to people involved in two projects for Le Mans who are looking for someone to run their car," he said. "It would not be under my name, but I would be involved and they would use my mechanics and workshop."

Pescarolo is open to restarting a team using his own name for 2014, but he said that it would depend on the economic situation and whether he believes the new LMP1 rulebook offered privateers a chance to compete with the factories.

The 70-year-old added that he would spend some time contemplating his future over the coming weeks.

"It all happened yesterday, so I haven't made any decisions," he said. "I have to decide if I want to continue in racing or go fishing instead."

Pescarolo estimated the company's debt at "less than €200,000". He blamed the breakdown of his deal with the Luxury Racing Ferrari team to become a partner in his new LMP1 project for Pescarolo's financial problems.

PESCAROLO'S LE MANS HIGHS

2000: Fourth on debut with Peugeot-powered Courage

2004: Repeats fourth place with reworked version of Courage C60

2005: Takes pole and finishes second, misses victory courtesy of gearbox glitch

2006: Second again behind Audi with same car

2007: Notches up third straight Le Mans podium with first true Pescarolo chassis

2008: Top privateer in seventh place behind dominant turbodiesels

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105024

TOURIST TROPHY TO START THE 2013 FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP

The most significant prize in UK motorsport will be awarded to winners of 6 Hours of Silverstone

On Sunday 14 April the coveted Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy will be awarded to the winning drivers in the British round of FIA World Endurance Championship at Silverstone which is the opening round of the eight race series spanning four continents in 2013. The 6 Hours of Silverstone is the opening round of the World Championship that also visits Belgium, France, Brazil, USA, Japan China and Bahrain.

The 108-year-old Tourist Trophy is one of the most significant prizes in International motorsport. It was the first formally organised and contested international endurance race in the world and over the years has been won by such racing greats as Rudolf Caracciola, Tazio Nuvolari, Sir Stirling Moss, Graham Hill, Denny Hulme and Derek Bell. The first Tourist Trophy meeting was held on the Isle of Man on 14 September 1905 with cars setting off from Alexander Drive, Douglas on a 52 mile course. John Napier, in an Arrol-Johnston won in the 6 hour race comprising 4 laps, 208 miles, with an average speed of 33.9 mph.

Whilst there were breaks in the Tourist Trophy being contested in the early 20th century and during both world wars, it has remained one of the most prominent endurance competitions on the world motorsport calendar. Over the years the challenge moved around the country and has been contested at circuits on the Isle of Man, England and Northern Ireland. As well as the imposing Isle of Man track, the other circuits include Ards in Northern Ireland, Donington Park, Dundrod in Ulster, where the career of the then unknown Stirling Moss was launched, Goodwood, Oulton Park and finally, in 1970, Silverstone, which has hosted more Tourist Trophy events than any other circuit.

In 2005 the Tourist Trophy returned to Silverstone in its centenary year for the FIA GT Championship race. Dutchman Peter Kox and Portugal’s Pedro Lamy triumphed in the three-hour race taking the chequered flag in a British-built Aston Martin. The Tourist Trophy then continued to be awarded to the winners of the FIA GT and FIA GT1 World Championship and now, in 2013, the FIA World Endurance Championship takes up the guardianship of this important award for international endurance racing with a 6-hour race featuring the top manufacturers and drivers in sportscar racing.

Pierre Fillon, President of the Automobile Club de l’Ouest, said: “We are extremely pleased to announce our partnership with the Royal Automobile Club to award the prestigious Tourist Trophy to the winners of the opening round of the FIA World Endurance Championship at Silverstone. 2013 is a very important year for the Automobile Club de l’Ouest as it marks the 90th anniversary of the first running of the 24 Heures du Mans in 1923. To be able to award the Tourist Trophy, which its rich history and tradition, is a great honour for us in this important year and will get the 2013 season off to a great start. We look forward to seeing which names from the FIA WEC grid will be added to the roll of honour alongside the names from the past such as Caracciola, Shelby, Moss, Hill and Bell; names that also have great association with Le Mans.”

Ben Cussons, Chairman of the Royal Automobile Club Motoring Committee, said: “The Royal Automobile Club is proud to be awarding the Tourist Trophy to the winning drivers at the 6 Hours of Silverstone in April. The Tourist Trophy has always celebrated the best of endurance sportscar racing and it is entirely appropriate that it will be presented at the opening round of the World Endurance Championship in such an important year for championship promoters the Automobile Club de l’Ouest. The first ever race in 1905 lasted over 6-hours and it is truly fitting that over 100 years later we have gone full circle back to a 6-hour endurance race in 2013. We are truly looking forward to see the race at Silverstone on 14 April and seeing the Tourist Trophy held aloft on the podium once again.”

The Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy will be awarded to the overall winning drivers in the opening round of the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship at Silverstone on 14 April. The meeting also includes the first round of the 2013 European Le Mans Series.

2013 Season Starts with Sebring Winter Test
    ALMS cars on-track Feb. 7-8

BRASELTON, Ga. - The countdown to the 61st Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida is less than 70 days, but the start of the 2013 American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón is much sooner than that.

The annual Sebring Winter Test is scheduled for Feb. 5-8 at Sebring International Raceway. ALMS cars are on-track on Feb. 7-8 with IMSA’s three development series – Cooper Tire Prototype Lites powered by Mazda, IMSA GT3 Challenge by Yokohama and Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada by Michelin – and Cooper Tires USF2000 powered by Mazda running the two days prior.

The test sessions take place a little more than a month from the start of the 15th season of the American Le Mans Series. The test is open to the public, and tickets are $10. No overnight camping is permitted.

The new ALMS season goes green with the 61st Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on Saturday, March 16. The race will air live on SPEED, and ticket information is available at sebringraceway.com.

Audi versus Porsche LMP fight will be fierce - Allan McNish
    By Glenn Freeman Saturday, January 12th 2013, 11:21 GMT

Two-time Le Mans winner Allan McNish feels Porsche has been away from the top level of sportscar racing for too long, ahead of the German marque's 2014 LMP1 programme.

The Scot, who took Porsche's most recent Le Mans win in 1998, has welcomed the news that the firm will do battle with Audi and Toyota at the pinnacle of sportscar racing.

"They are back, which is excellent news," McNish said on the AUTOSPORT stage with KX at AUTOSPORT International.

"It's been a long time - far too long that they have been out of it. They had the RS Spyder [LMP2] programme in America, but in reality they want to be fighting at the top for outright victories.

"They are a good company, they're strong, and they have an excellent tradition. And we are going head-to-head."

Audi and Porsche are both part of the Volkswagen Group, and VW motorsport chief Wolfgang Durheimer told AUTOSPORT magazine this week that the two manufacturers could be set for a long-term rivalry.

Durheimer said Audi and Porsche "will race each other very hard", and McNish believes the battle between the sister marques can be fierce.

"The nice part about it is the head-to-head aspect with Audi," he said. "It's a bit like we are internally at Audi when we are allowed to race.

"Porsche will come in with a different philosophy, just like Toyota has, and if they have a different philosophy to us then that makes it all the more interesting on and off track."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105087

Oliver Gavin: Le Mans green push mustn't destroy noise appeal
    By Matt Beer Saturday, January 12th 2013, 11:57 GMT

Corvette sportscar star Oliver Gavin has urged the rulemakers to ensure that the move towards green technology does not reduce the noise appeal of Le Mans racing.

The dramatic engine note of the Corvette GT cars has made them a fan favourite, whereas the diesel-powered generation of works LMP1 cars were significantly quieter.

Gavin fears sportscar racing's appeal will be reduced if loud cars like the Corvette become a thing of the past.

"You've got to have the noise and that experience. People need to see the cars going quickly, but also hear the cars," he said on the AUTOSPORT Stage with KX at AUTOSPORT International.

"If everything was silent, I think a lot of people would be switching off."

He underlined that he welcomed motorsport's environmental push, but that the entertainment factor had to be considered in tandem.

"It has to be dovetailed together," said Gavin. "There's obviously the green message out there and all these systems and renewable fuels, and obviously the ACO is going in that direction.

"But one thing I think we have to be very careful of is that people come along to these races to experience it. They want to see the cars, hear them and almost taste it.

"That noise is one of those things that people engage with."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105089

Anthony Davidson: Comeback from spine injury mentally tough
    By Matt Beer Saturday, January 12th 2013, 15:35 GMT

Anthony Davidson has admitted that he had mental hurdles to overcome when making his comeback after injury in Daytona 24 Hours testing last week.

The Toyota factory driver suffered fractured vertebrae when he crashed in last year's Le Mans 24 Hours.

He got back on track for the first time since the accident earlier this month when he tested the 8Star Coyote-Chevrolet that he will share with Stephane Sarrazin, Nicolas Minassian, Pedro Lamy and team boss Enzo Potolicchio in the Daytona race.

"It was great to get back behind wheel again after so much talking about it, and it was great to do it at a track like Daytona," said Davidson on the AUTOSPORT Stage with KX at AUTOSPORT International.

"Seven months away from driving is tough for anyone, but to come back after an injury like that - breaking your back - was mentally quite difficult as well."

Davidson added that being able to resume his Formula 1 pundit duties with Sky while recovering helped keep his morale up.

"It was great that I had the Sky gig to fall back on," he said.

"It kept me sane and it was great that I could still be in the paddock."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105093

HOW PECOM PICKED UP THE PACE IN 2012

A quick glance through the results sheets for 2012 perhaps doesn’t do enough justice to the pace and consistency shown by the Argentinian LMP2 entry, Pecom Racing. Managed by the Italian AF Corse team, Pecom’s Luis Perez Companc and his team mates Pierre Kaffer and Nicolas Minassian had an excellent second half to the FIA WEC’s inaugural season, only beaten to second overall in the class standings by ADR-Delta at the final round in Shanghai.

Victory in the highly competitive category at the 6 Hours of Bahrain was an undoubted highlight of the year, together with podium finishes at the 12 Hours of Sebring, 24 Hours of Le Mans and 6 Hours of Sao Paulo. The Oreca-Nissan combination proved to be a good choice for the team after a difficult 2011 in the ILMC, and a change to the driver line-up after Le Mans inspired the whole team. Nicolas Minassian not only brought his unquestionable speed to the No.49 entry, but he also fitted in extremely well with the tight-knit, very likeable squad. Indeed, the combination has been retained for the 2013 season.

There were few really low points, although the Championship’s second round at Spa-Francorchamps is probably one that Pecom would prefer to forget, and several occasions which – had fate looked down on the team more kindly – might have secured them second instead of third in the final outcome. A slow puncture in the closing stages of the Fuji race and an electrical problem at the final pit stop meant that a certain podium finish slipped from their grasp, one of several frustrating times experienced.

However, those frustrations were all channelled positively throughout 2012 and as the new racing season approaches, as summed up by German driver Pierre Kaffer: “The team got stronger and stronger every race and we made a lot of developments during the season. Bahrain was definitely the highlight of the year, and I think we were very unlucky at Fuji otherwise we could have been able to fight for victory there as well but in the end it was a great season.

“We were happy to finish on the podium at Le Mans, but you also know that you could do better so to win in LMP2 there in 2013 is definitely one of our targets. It was really great to have the support of Nicolas from Silverstone onwards last year, and it gave Luis, the mechanics and everyone a boost. We’re all really looking forward to the 2013 season, and aiming for the LMP2 Endurance title.”

Video: André Lotterer and the secrets of the Audi e-tron quattro R18
    12/01/201310:28

Double Le Mans winner and World Champion endurance drivers title with his two teammates Marcel Fässler and Benoît Tréluyer, André Lotterer presents the Audi e-tron quattro R18 with which the trio has become the 24 Hours in 2012. Its carbon fiber body contains a V6 turbo diesel. Its hybrid system in the form of two electric motors housed in the front (one for each axle), which temporarily transforms into four-wheel drive. A wide angle camera transmits images on a small screen in the cockpit and replaces the traditional mirrors. All these advantages have led the brand to the rings on his eleventh victory Sarthe, and under the drivers' and constructors World Championship FIA Endurance. Thus, it is already recognized as one of the great favorites of

Allan McNish says Toyota made Audi sit up
    By Dan Cross Sunday, January 13th 2013, 12:03 GMT

Two-time Le Mans winner Allan McNish admits that Audi was taken by surprise by Toyota's competitive showing last year.

The Scot reckons improvements are now needed for Audi to stay ahead of its Japanese rival.

Audi took overall honours in the World Endurance Championship last year after contesting all eight rounds.

Toyota began its campaign at the Le Mans 24 Hours, where it led, and won at Interlagos in September.

McNish, who finished second in the drivers' championship, confessed on the AUTOSPORT Stage with KX at AUTOSPORT International that Toyota's competitiveness towards the end of 2012 - when it scored three wins from six races - came as a shock.

"We were surprised by their consistency of pace," said the Scot.

"They were quick at Le Mans - they were quicker than we expected - and when we got to the other races they were good every weekend.

"They definitely made us sit up and think."

He felt Toyota had given Audi a fresh impetus to succeed.

"They have given us ideas on where we need to improve performance over the winter and we've been doing that pretty intensively," McNish said.

"Audi have been in it for a long time and are definitely the benchmark. Saying that, you can always learn from the opposition.

"It's going to be tough. They're going to be good.

"But then again, they have to be good if they are going to beat us."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105101

Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich: twenty years of success
    15/01/2013

In 2013, Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich attack its twentieth season at the head of Audi Sport, with the ambition to add a few lines to outstanding awards won by the brand with the rings endurance.

In 1999, a year after the sixteenth (always latest) success of Porsche, Audi arrives in Sarthe and the following year began a reign which is now the second most successful manufacturer in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Dr. Ullrich also imposed the mark on the rings overseas, major appointment of the 12 Hours of Sebring and Petit Le Mans (1600 miles or ten hours on the Road Atlanta circuit), with impressive score of 31 victories accumulated on these three major races: twelve Sarthe, and nine in ten Florida Georgia. A record that is breathtaking, and reached a new dimension in 2012 with the Drivers' and Manufacturers titles won in the new World Endurance Championship jointly established by the Automobile Club de l'Ouest and the Fédération Internationale Automobile.

Meanwhile, Dr. Ullrich Audi has made ​​a major major marathons GT. After two consecutive victories at the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps (2011-2012), the R8 last year signed his first success at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring. Thus, the first goal of 2013 is to provide the German carmaker its first laurels in the GT class of the 24 Hours of Daytona (Florida, USA), which will take place on 26 and 27 January. Then, the prototype e-tron quattro R18 will submit its titles at stake against the Toyota TS030 Hybrid, both the 24 Hours of Le Mans and in the World Endurance Championship FIA. With, who knows, to new heights Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich, gloriously celebrating two decades of uninterrupted success, making him one of the great figures in the history of contemporary motorsports. follow the news on his Audi Sport official website , Facebook and Twitter .

The Belgian Maxime Martin is the newest official BMW driver in ALMS, together with Bill Auberlen, Dirk Muller and Joey Hand he will drive the new Z4 GTE.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

SEBASTIEN LOEB AIMS FOR A BUSY 2013

16/01/2013 - 12h21

Sébastien Loeb Racing has set its sights on an entry in the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans, the third round and linchpin of the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship.

The Alsacian team, led by nine-time World Rally Championship title holder Loeb, has put in an entry request to the ACO and hopes to be on the starting grid with its Oreca 03 in the LMP2 class. The team has made no secret of its desire to enter Le Mans, and hopes to do this alongside an entry to the European Le Mans Series.

“After getting our feet wet during the 24 Hours of Le Mans Test Day in 2012, we want to take the next step,” confirms Dominique Heintz, team manager. “Competing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans is an important goal and to be part of such a legendary race would be a dream come true. This logically comes from a participation in a Le Mans series; we chose the European Le Mans Series, an interesting platform that allows LM P2 cars to fight for the overall win.”

(from team press release)

Delta-ADR returns to World Endurance Championship for 2013
    By Gary Watkins Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 12:49 GMT

The newly-renamed Delta-ADR team that finished second in LMP2 in last year's World Endurance Championship is returning to the series in 2013.

Silverstone-based Delta-ADR submitted an entry for the WEC, which includes the Le Mans 24 Hours in June, ahead of Wednesday's closing date.

It plans to again run a solo ORECA-Nissan 03 and has retained Australian John Martin to lead the driver line-up.

Delta-ADR team manager Simon Dowson, whose team won P2 in three of the eight WEC rounds in 2012, said: "The aim is to go one better than last year and win the P2 championship.

"We are looking to put together a deal with two more quick drivers who are capable of doing that and aiming to make another step forward with the ORECA-Nissan package."

The change in name from ADR-Delta follows a firming up of the relationship between engineering consultancy Delta Motorsport and Alan Docking Racing, Dowson explained.

"Last year was really a collaboration, but now we are entering into a true partnership with a jointly-owned race operation," he said. "This gives a racing arm to the engineering businesses of Delta Motorsport and ADR."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105142

Hope Seb Loebs teams gets an entry to Le-Mans.

SUNRISE IN LE MANS

17/01/2013 - 09h55

This morning the FIA WEC staff witnessed a beautiful sunrise over the pitlane at Le Mans and we wanted to share it with the fans for the World Endurance Championship around the globe.

In just over two weeks, on the 1st February, the grid for the 2013 FIA WEC and the 2013 24 Heures du Mans will be unveilled in Paris, so make a date in your diary to come and see who will compete this season.

We are look forward to sharing many more sunrises at the events around the world this season.

JRM Racing confirms plans to enter 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans
    BY TEAM UPDATE ⋅ JANUARY 17, 2013

JRM Racing today confirmed its intention to enter the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans for the second consecutive year. After finishing its debut Le Mans campaign in sixth overall, the East Sussex-based squad plans to enter one Honda HPD ARX-03a to the blue riband event that will take place on 22-23 June 2013.

JRM will focus its efforts on securing budget to improve on its 2012 Le Mans result and does not currently plan to enter the entire 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship. The company will instead concentrate on Le Mans and also broaden its core business interests of high performance engineering solutions for several clients, including Nismo, and customer sales of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, which is eligible for competition in national and international GT championships.

James Rumsey, chief executive of JRM Group, commented, ‘Le Mans 24 Hours is the highlight of the endurance calendar and brings greater opportunities for brand visibility than any other event. In our first-ever Le Mans we finished in sixth overall, with very little running beforehand, and we are extremely excited about what we can do in our second year. We remain open to competing in events of the World Endurance Championship or other sportscar series, and we have a number of options we are pursuing, but for the moment our goal is to work on securing the long-term partnerships required to enable us to compete and succeed in the world’s most famous motor race.

‘Additionally, we will take our experience and successes from last season, and plug it straight into our customer support programme for the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. This will be of enormous benefit to our clients and partner teams, and we look forward to this latest stage of the JRM Group.’

JRM Racing contested the 2012 WEC, finishing in third overall in the Privateers’ championship with four podiums.

Risi Competizione returns to the ALMS in 2013

After a year absence, the Risi competizione team is set to make a return to ALMS in 2013, after paying a high price for the economic/financial problems in 2012, the Italian/American team has announced they will return to the grid this year with a Ferrari 458.
    In 2014 they will be at the start when the series will merge with the Grand Am series.
    We are putting together a 2 year programme, for our definitive return to the races, said big boss Giuseppe Risi, this year we will take part in the ALMS, a serie in which we already had great successes, in 2014 we will take part in the new ALMS/Grand Am series.

Risi Competizione was more then successful in the past, with successes in the 24 hours of Le Mans and titles in the ALMS.

Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Alessandro Del Piero buys ALMS team

Alessandro Del Piero, former captain of Juventus has joined forces with actor Patrick Dempsey, creating the Dempsey/Del Piero racing team.
    They will take part in the ALMS series this year, and last wednesday have put in an entry request for the 24 hours of Le Mans, all the details have not been released yet, but will be the coming weeks, the driver line up did not change, Dempsey, Joe Foster and Michael Avenatti will take the wheel of the yet to be announced car.

Great news now getting press releases from AF Corse

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...34NcQ&sadssc=1

Heres abit more news about Risi returning to the ALMS, really cannt wait for the season to kick off now, Risi back wow.

Risi Competizione to Return to American Le Mans Series in 2013

North America’s most successful Ferrari GT team, Risi Competizione, is returning to competition after a hiatus in 2012. The Houston, Texas-based team will enter one Ferrari 458 Italia GT in the GT class of the 2013 American Le Mans Series.

Until the conclusion of the 2011 season, Risi Competizione, racing a string of Ferrari 333SPs, 360, 430, and 458 GTs, and a single season with the Maserati MC12, had been a decade-long stalwart of the series but the shifting ground of GT racing in America lately convinced Giuseppe Risi to suspend his racing program for 12 months as standards, classes and specifications were being developed for future racing events and programs. During that time period, the ALMS and Grand Am reached an agreement to merge with the merger taking full effect in 2014. Risi Competizione did just one event in 2012, a collaboration with a Ferrari collective, American Canadian Racing, at the Rolex Daytona 24, to gain a better understanding of the competitive environment in Grand-Am racing, information that will be vital as the two circuits become one in 2014.

The Houston-based team now feels that the time is right for a return to racing and Risi has been re-defining and refining his team to prepare for this moment. “We are embarking on a two year program as we return to racing. This year, we will race in ALMS alone, where we have enjoyed great success. In 2014, we will race in the merged series under the new class structure. We are excited about the prospects and the program and are actively ramping the team up for 2013.”

Long-time Risi race engineer Rick Mayer will be picking up the mantle once again on the technical side, and is currently in Italy overseeing the build of the team’s new F458 at Michelotto Automobili, Ferrari’s official GT technical partner.

The engineer was an integral part of two ALMS Championship-winning titles and two class wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans as well as numerous other race victories for Risi Competizione with both the F360 and the F430 models.

Mayer will be joined in 2013 by a new face at Risi, but not a new name. Mark Sims, son of team manager David Sims, will be taking up a full-time position in Houston as Chief Mechanic. The 39-year-old relocates to the USA after a career in GP2, GP3 and World Series by Renault as chief mechanic for one of open-wheel’s most successful junior teams. He brings a state-of-the-racing art mechanical perspective to team operations.

Giuseppe Risi, Team Principal, is enthusiastic about what lies ahead in 2013 and the future: “As I’ve said in the past, to race a Ferrari is to enter into a partnership with history and legend; the standards are so high that commitment must be total and complete. The exact same thing can be said of the American Le Mans Series GT class, which I still believe has the best level of GT competition in the world. We very much look forward to competing again with our old friends and rivals at BMW, Corvette, Extreme Speed Ferrari and Porsche, as well as some faces that may be new to us.

“Having watched the developments for the future of sports car racing in North America from the side-lines in 2012, I believe that now is the right time to return to competition. We know what to expect in 2013 and in 2014. We’ve done our research on and off the track. I have every reason to believe that we will be very competitive, “ said Risi.

To date, the team has won two ALMS championships, taken three class victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, achieved 20 outright American Le Mans Series class wins and 30 plus further podium finishes. It has won the Twelve Hours of Sebring three times including the closest finish in the race’s history in 2007.

News about the 2013 Risi Competizione driver line-up will be announced in due course.

Be tuning into watch this, brilliant...

2013 FIA WEC ENTRY AND LE MANS GRID TO BE UNVEILED LIVE ONLINE

On Friday 1st February 2013 the entry for the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship and the grid for the 90th anniversary 24 Heures du Mans will be revealed at a special press conference in the centre of Paris.

Starting at 15h30 (CET) the proceedings will be streamed live on the official website of the FIA WEC so endurance fans around the world will be the first to know who will be racing for the title of World Endurance Champion in the eight races on four continents this season, starting at Silverstone on the 14 April and finishing in Bahrain on the 30 November.

In addition, the grid for the 2013 24 Heures du Mans, which will include all the full season FIA WEC entries, will be unveiled. 2013 is a very important year for the ACO as it celebrates the 90th anniversary of the first race in 1923, making this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans doubly important to win. The world’s greatest motorsport race is the jewel in the crown of the FIA WEC season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Be tuning into watch this, brilliant...

2013 FIA WEC ENTRY AND LE MANS GRID TO BE UNVEILED LIVE ONLINE

On Friday 1st February 2013 the entry for the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship and the grid for the 90th anniversary 24 Heures du Mans will be revealed at a special press conference in the centre of Paris.

Starting at 15h30 (CET) the proceedings will be streamed live on the official website of the FIA WEC so endurance fans around the world will be the first to know who will be racing for the title of World Endurance Champion in the eight races on four continents this season, starting at Silverstone on the 14 April and finishing in Bahrain on the 30 November.

In addition, the grid for the 2013 24 Heures du Mans, which will include all the full season FIA WEC entries, will be unveiled. 2013 is a very important year for the ACO as it celebrates the 90th anniversary of the first race in 1923, making this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans doubly important to win. The world’s greatest motorsport race is the jewel in the crown of the FIA WEC season.
    That is something i don't want to miss, fingers crossed for Loeb and Del Piero then eh?

Ps. the link from the AF-Corse press release doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    That is something i don't want to miss, fingers crossed for Loeb and Del Piero then eh?

Ps. the link from the AF-Corse press release doesn't work.
    Blast, grazie will try and post it up again. Hope they have nice season.

THIRTY-TWO FULL SEASON ENTRIES FOR 2013

01/02/2013 - 16h00

Today in Paris the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) and the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) unveiled thirty two full season entries, from 21 teams, which are representing 11 different countries, for the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship. The grid will include six LMP1, twelve LMP2, six LMGTE Pro and eight LMGTE Am entries and will be joined at some events, like at Silverstone and Spa-Francorchamps, by some race-by-race entries.

The LMP1 entry includes two Audi R18 e-tron quattros and two Toyota Racing Toyota TS030 hybrids setting up a head-to-head battle for the world title in 2013 before Porsche arrives in 2013. LMP1 will also see two privateer entries and the prototype grid is further bolstered by an impressive 12 car entry in LMP2. As well as Audi and Toyota, the prototype grid will also feature other manufacturers such as Nissan, Morgan, Lotus, Oreca, HPD-Honda, Zytek and Lola.

The grid for the GTE classes will feature 14 cars with a total of five Ferrari 458s, four Porsche 911 RSRs, four Aston Martin Vantage V8s and a single Chevrolet Corvette C6-ZR1 from reigning GTE Am team champions Larbre Competition. The battle for the LMGTE Pro title will be a three-way fight between three manufacturers who have a long and illustrious history in endurance racing, including many victories at Le Mans over the last 90 years.

Pierre Fillon, President of the ACO, said: “We are extremely pleased to announce a grid of 32 full season entries for the 2013 season. 2012 was a great first year for the championship and we hoped to secure between 28 and 30 cars on the list for 2013. To receive 32 full season entries underlines the importance of the WEC and a great indication that we have created a world championship that teams and manufacturers want to take part in."

M Fillon continued: “With two entries for each manufacturer, we also have the prospect of a straight fight between Audi and Toyota in LMP1 and, after the battles last year, the stage is now set for even more drama in 2013. We have two further privateer entries in LMP1, with privateer champions Rebellion and all-British team Strakka Racing continuing to support the category as we head into 2014, with the technical changes that will occur in LMP1 next season.

“LMP2 continues to be a huge success and some familiar names are being joined by new teams. The LMP2 grid alone represents eight different countries and the category is a great showcase for the FIA WEC. In the LMGTE Pro class we have another great battle in prospect with Porsche, Ferrari and Aston Martin, three great names associated with Le Mans and endurance racing, going head-to-head for the World Cup for both manufacturers and drivers. The same can be said for the LMGTE Am class with category team champions Larbre Competition fielding the only Corvette in the class against the might of Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin."

Gerard Neveu, CEO of the FIA WEC, said: “The FIA WEC will once again visit eight countries on four continents and the eight round calendar has been devised to reduce the logistical costs associated with a world championship. The races follow a logical progression around the globe and the events are spread out enough to allow the cars and equipment to be transported by ship or road instead of air where possible. This also has the added advantage of reducing the carbon footprint of the WEC significantly. Of course we will also be celebrating the 90th anniversary of the first 24 Hours race at Le Mans in 1923, making 2013 a very special year. We hope you will all come and join us and be part of the FIA World Endurance Championship success.”

Toyota back up to two cars for World Endurance Championship
    By Gary Watkins Friday, February 1st 2013, 17:17 GMT

Toyota has reversed its decision to field only one TS030 HYBRID in the World Endurance Championship.

The Cologne-based Toyota Motorsport GmbH squad had been forced to downscale its plans to run two 2013 versions of its petrol-electric hybrid for financial reasons earlier this month.

It has now been able to go back on that and ramp up its assault to two cars after running one car in the final five races last season.

TMG technical director Pascal Vasselon said: "We were expecting to run one car and now we have two, which is great."

Toyota confirmed last year that it would retain its 2012 driver line-up of Alex Wurz, Nicolas Lapierre and Kazuki Nakajima and Anthony Davidson, Stephane Sarrazin and Sebastien Buemi.

The two Toyotas and two Audi R18 e-tron quattros head a 32-strong WEC entry, which is two up on last year's inaugural series.

Series boss Gerard Neveu said: "Thirty-two cars is an extraordinary entry and we are happy to have an increase in numbers and, I believe, quality."

There are only six full-season LMP1 entries, the privateer Rebellion Racing and British Strakka Racing squads fielding one Lola-Toyota and one HPD respectively.

There are 12 LMP2s entered, including series newcomer HVM Status GP and two of the Kodewa-developed Lotus T128 coupes.

The GTE Pro entry of six cars is made up of a pair of factory entries from Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin respectively.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105369