Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austria steps up as Turkey's 2013 hopes fade

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    I guess money will not be the problem. But 40.000 capacity is really small. Should be doubled at least.
    Yeah I never knew it was so small. I don't see why they couldn't invest in some more grand stands. I am sure Red Bull would pay for it.

Something stinks here.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Yeah I never knew it was so small. I don't see why they couldn't invest in some more grand stands. I am sure Red Bull would pay for it.
    The capacity is larger, but Red Bull have an agreement with the Austrian govt to only have a max. crowd size of 40,000.

I liked the A1-Ring, is the layout still the same? if so I would like to see F1 go back there.
    Forza Ferrari

I also think it's great to have it back!
    Plus it is another European based race which is good...
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.

Yes it would be fantastic to have another race in Europa. I might even go to Austria if it will actually be held but I still hope for Istanbul.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I liked the A1-Ring, is the layout still the same? if so I would like to see F1 go back there.
    I would also like to see this track come back to usual GP calendar. Pretty much the same layout as it was back in 2003 when last GP race was held on. Only now it is called Red Bull Ring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Ring

Yes the name is a shame but I always liked to race there in the old F1 games. The layout is fantastic with a lot of uphill and downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    The capacity is larger, but Red Bull have an agreement with the Austrian govt to only have a max. crowd size of 40,000.
    What's the point of that?

I think you can prepare to come to Austria/Styria/Spielberg
    it is todays main story of the greatest newspaper in Styria ... so I would bet there is more than only smoke ...

Yes the name is a shame but I always liked to race there in the old F1 games. The layout is fantastic with a lot of uphill and downhill.
    Too bad that the original grand prix is not playable for a game ... I bet you would love it more as it was like Spa and the old nürburgring ... a track for man and not only drivers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    What's the point of that?
    As far as I know it was an agreement due to environmental restrictions. As it was not clear for a long time if they will build the track again as there was some resistance by an private advocacy (at this local area there are not only friends of this circuit).
    And therefore they made an so called austrian solution where everybody would be able to keep his face and say he got what he wanted.

Hi Senna4ever because you come from Austria maybe you can answer my question. If there will be a GP in Austria next year there is a good chance I will go to. But I was wondering if you can do more things in that region? Are there some nice cities for example to stay? I totally haven't got an idea of that.

Hi Senna4ever because you come from Austria maybe you can answer my question. If there will be a GP in Austria next year there is a good chance I will go to. But I was wondering if you can do more things in that region? Are there some nice cities for example to stay? I totally haven't got an idea of that.
    If you come here you must try
    - Goesser Beer
    - Puntigammer Beer
    - Murauer Beer
    - Salad with coin oil from pumpkin
    - Kaiserschmarren
    - Apfelstrudel

Very close to Spielfeld it is 'just' a great landscape with many hills which has all shades of green in summer. No big cities ... only villages ... if you want do some walking tours or climbing or biking tours --> perfect.

If you want to go to a bigger city then you have to go to Graz the capitol of Styria. With a car it will take you 45 Minutes to be there ... Graz is not as big as vienna but almost the second biggest city in Austria --> http://www.graz.at/ or Information for Tourists or Region of Graz.
    Very nice old town with great places to join ... especially with many pubs, cafeterias and restaurants who have a possibility to sit outside and watching the crowd ... And of course you can sleep in a Hotel which is owned by Dr. Helmut Marko ... as he one of the biggest owner of real estates in Graz.
    If you have some more days to be here you can also go to the south of Styria to join the area which is known for their wine production and go to a so called 'Buschenschank'.

To Vienna - the capitol of Austria - is almost 2h away from Spielfeld ...

And of course it is also a nice place for a city trip any time of the year ... also if F1 won't come to Austria ;)
    Same as I've enjoyed my city visit this spring in Amsterdam and Zwolle ;)

Got to love the Austrians, 50% of your "must try" list, is about Beer
    But no Sachertorte?
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Got to love the Austrians, 50% of your "must try" list, is about Beer
    But no Sachertorte?

of course Sachertorte ... but this is almost a traditional cake from Vienna along with the famous cafe
    but Apfelstrudel is the same in Styria as Sachertorte for Vienna ...

Whatever may come: you won't leave hungry ... I bet ...

Haha Senna4ever I think I have a bit of a problem then. I don't drink because I am sick very soon even if I drink only 2 or 3 glasses:xmasbiggrin: Some say it's about training LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    If you come here you must try
    - Goesser Beer
    - Puntigammer Beer
    - Murauer Beer
    I'm there.
    Forza Jules

Update about this topic

in the largest Styrian newspaper there was a interview with Bernie. He told the newspaper that he prefers Turkey for the 20th race as he sees infrastructure problems (especially hotels) at the RedBull Ring aka Spielberg. And he also doesn't mind if there are only 19 races if Turkey is not willing to host the F1 ...

So thats the latest about Bernie.

Despite of Bernie every Austrian who thinks is selected to talk to media thinks positive about it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    Update about this topic

in the largest Styrian newspaper there was a interview with Bernie. He told the newspaper that he prefers Turkey for the 20th race as he sees infrastructure problems (especially hotels) at the RedBull Ring aka Spielberg. And he also doesn't mind if there are only 19 races if Turkey is not willing to host the F1 ...

So thats the latest about Bernie.

Despite of Bernie every Austrian who thinks is selected to talk to media thinks positive about it ...

Nothing is lost, this is just Bernie's way of saying he actually prefers Austria, but the price is not negotiable.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

I would prefer Istanbul as well to be honest because I really like the lay-out very much and it's one of the absolute favourite tracks of Felipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo
    Nothing is lost, this is just Bernie's way of saying he actually prefers Austria, but the price is not negotiable.
    This exactly was I thought too ... as a politician would never say what he really wants ... and Bernie is King ...
    But it would have not a big impact for my live if they drive somewhere else ...

Especially talking about hotel infrastructure: did Bernie ever had open eyes what it looks like around Hungarian circuit? There it seems you can make your own "Back in Time" Movie. And the eastern block would even exist.

as I remember following
    "Spring is here and Leeds play Chelsea tomorrow and Ringo and John and George and Paul are alive and well and living in hope. The world is still spinning and so are we and so are you. When the spinning stops, that'll be the time to worry. Not before."