View Poll Results: Which one is crucial to have a competitive car for next year?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Accurate wind tunnel

33 71.74%
  • Having a new person as a chief designer?

4 8.70%
  • Waiting for completing the evolution of Ferrari F 2012 (having patience)?

6 13.04%
  • Having another team principal?

7 15.22%
  • This question & answers are limited!

7 15.22%
  • Other reasons...

6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which one is crucial to have a competitive car for next year?

Idea Which one is crucial to have a competitive car for next year?

I think it is the right time to think about this question.

Which one is our need to have a competitive car?

Accurate wind tunnel?
    Having a new person as a chief designer?
    Waiting for completing the evolution of Ferrari F 2012 (having patience)?
    Having another team principal?
    This question & answers are limited!
    Other reasons...

Please Vote
    Last edited by AfterLife; 2nd December 2012 at 14:35.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Waiting for completion the evolution of F2012. It isn't a bad car but it misses something in qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    Waiting for completion the evolution of F2012. It isn't a bad car but it misses something in qualifying.
    Indeed. In some races we were definitely as quickest. It is a good car but it needs time for reaching to perfection i think.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Accurate wind tunnel.

Ideas looks good on the white board, its a different story in practice. In our "enthusiastism" of limited testing, we now have to rely on virtual testing and wind tunnel is part of that.

No matter how brilliant an idea is, you need accurate testing to guide you. Otherwise those idea will not be useful in the real world.

It's still a shame that we can't test 24hours a day anymore on our own Fiorano. Nothing is as accurate as testing in real life.

I hardly vote for ''Waiting for completing the evolution of Ferrari F 2012 (having patience)''. I dont think they have made a completely new car for 2013 just a better version of the current car. I think F2012 is the best car since 2008 they have produced, it's just lacks some tenths on qualifiyng seasons and maybe some pace on the race. Can't wait for some news of the 2013 car or rumor as usually.. Forza Ferrari cu next year!

F2012 was one of the quickest on race pace during the middle and end of the season. 3rd fastest overall I would say and a real solid foundation. The problem with Q pace comes from the DRS design that is really helped by the rules next year. Obviously other teams (namely RBR) will bring their design closer to us with more top speed without DRS but we are already there. The other problem is that the pack is much closer to each other than say 10 years ago. If you loose 0.400 in Q, you loose 4 or 6 places on the grid, not 2 like it was back then. So what is the fix? Perhaps a mix of all of the answers, but the thing that is most relevant is a better working windtunnel.

we have a great team and had the wind tunnel been accurate things would have been different this past season... (and of course had grosjean behaved on the track).

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    It wasn't a bad car, but it's window of performance was very slim. The conditions had to be absolutely perfect for the F2012 to stand a chance, whereas the Bulls, McLaren, and Lotus had much wider performance windows. We need a good wind tunnel.

Yes that's right. We have to have a car which is good in Quali as well, and indeed in all weather conditions can be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by 996 GT1 Lover View Post
    It wasn't a bad car, but it's window of performance was very slim. The conditions had to be absolutely perfect for the F2012 to stand a chance, whereas the Bulls, McLaren, and Lotus had much wider performance windows. We need a good wind tunnel.
    F150 was the car with a narrow performance window - it only worked on hot tracks and super soft tyres.

F2012 seemed to work quite well with all tyres and and in all weather conditions, though it seemed alot better in the wet. Qualifying was the major weakness of this car and that either comes down to DRS or fuel load.