Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Vettel yellow flag incident and possible Ferrari protest - all posts here, please

It seems the marshall was waving a green flag which over rules any steering wheel lights, thats what i have read elsewhere.

No case to answer for vettel if true.

It seems the marshall was waving a green flag which over rules any steering wheel lights, thats what i have read elsewhere.

No case to answer for vettel if true.

I don't understand the protest. There was a green flag and Seb overtook after it.

I want Alonso to win as much if not more than anyone, I cannot stand vettel. But he done nothing wrong. You can't penalize him for being a nitwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    I don't understand the protest. There was a green flag and Seb overtook after it.

I want Alonso to win as much if not more than anyone, I cannot stand vettel. But he done nothing wrong. You can't penalize him for being a nitwit.
    Maybe we not seeing what they seeing ??......Be as it may, IF ferrari are protesting......then surely they have strong grounds to do so, Right ?

Can't see a case here so I really don't see Ferrari protesting. This is just some fans (the sore losers) flapping their gums over some unclear onboard footage.

Have we really protested? I hope not.
    Forza Ferrari

fernando is already declared guilty as sore loser in world (british) press , so ... a title taken from vettel would be nice christmas present.
    they can give it to kimi, i don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    Can't see a case here so I really don't see Ferrari protesting. This is just some fans (the sore losers) flapping their gums over some unclear onboard footage.

I take offence to your words ( the sore losers ).........Just what is your point hey??.....Do you have to come on here and insult in the manner that you do. Get a life matey.....This is about what is going around in the papers.......If its liggit, then sorry you!

No one here is making this up.....But if this is mere speculation, then so be it........

If you don't like what you read..........then keep your opinion to yourself dude

Its not 'sore loosers'. If Vettel broke the rules he deserves the punishment.

Red Bull was running an illegal car with the engine mapping and ride height for half the season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Greig......It appears that there's some inquiry into the YELLOW flag scenario.....and its been on the news here in SA. I dont know what to make of it.....But then, i did see it being mention on RAI tv early this morning.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.....

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I take offence to your words ( the sore losers ).........Just what is your point hey??.....Do you have to come on here and insult in the manner that you do. Get a life matey.....This is about what is going around in the papers.......If its liggit, then sorry you! No one here is making this up.....But if this is mere speculation, then so be it........
    If you don't like what you read..........then keep your opinion to yourself dude
    So I'm not entitled to my opinion? I would have loved to see a different ending but it wasn't meant to be, I think anyone who doesn't accept the facts is a sore loser. The season is over, Vettel won the title. Get over it. Ferrari don't want to go down that road unless the result will be in their favor. The evidence is clear, it was a green flag waved so the passing was legal. All this nonsense was whipped up by italian & spanish press who can't get over the idea that Vettel is a 3xWDC and Fernando isn't.
    Last edited by FFFerrari; 29th November 2012 at 08:15.

Now sky news 8.57 say developing story Ferrari may protest, after new evidence showing Vettel overtaking under yellow flags. Just a thought if my memory is correct, in 2010 Schumacher had a 20 second penalty, overtaking Alonso under safety car when green flags was out.

No we didn't, 100% sure.
    The Italian media also has the impression Ferrari is not going to.

"ma il fatto che a Maranello tutto taccia a 72 ore dal termine ultimo fa presupporre che non intenda perseguire questa strada"
    "given the fact there's no reaction still from Maranello, 72 hours before the deadline, you can asume Ferrari doesn't want to go down this road"
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Let's beat them on the track next year. I don't want us to win a title like this

So I'm not entitled to my opinion? I would have loved to see a different ending but it wasn't meant to be, I think anyone who doesn't accept the facts is a sore loser. The season is over, Vettel won the title. Get over it.

The evidence is clear, it was a green flag waved so the passing was legal. All this nonsense was whipped up by italian & spanish press who can't get over the idea that Vettel is a 3xWDC and Fernando isn't.

Having an opinion is one thing........Insulting others to get your point across shows me your lack of maturity in a forum!

Once again.....I did not mention the WORD Alonso nor the WDC.....so please get your facts right dude! What is a point of discussion is that there appears to be an INQUIRY GOING ON........did you miss that ??......The operative word INQUIRY!!......

Don't know what to think about this...? As I can recall there was once, back in 1989 when Senna and Prost collided at Suzuka. Marshall's pushed Senna back he cut corner and went on to win WDC. After protest was raised so they taken his WDC and gave it to Prost.
    Really don't know what to do...? Personally I would not want Ferrari to win on the table, but on the track. But than again if the rules are broken, one has to pay for it.

In the end everybody will say Ferrari are sore losers and no one will talk about how the Redbull and Vettel cheated to win the title.
    Let it go

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Having an opinion is one thing........Insulting others to get your point across shows me your lack of maturity in a forum!
    Now how did I insult YOU? I just said that some "fans" are having trouble accepting the reality.

And how are my facts wrong? The latest news are that Ferrari are not going to make a protest and they are wise not doing so since it wouldn't change anything (there is no case) and would only paint us in the corner as sore losers (something that has already happened by the british press).

SO if we do nothing, next year all the other teams will love us. I say protest IF Vettel has broken the rules.

why should we not protest???
    i dont understand this???

Quote Originally Posted by varun View Post
    why should we not protest???
    i dont understand this???

Because it appears a marshall green flagged him.

@andrewbensonf1 has some personal enemity with alonso or ferrari...??
    always has negative news and words for our team,,,

There's no such case of broken rules (green flag on the left),so let's move on....Alonso stop behaving like a spoiled brat

Hopefully Ferrari won't lodge a protest,at least if they stick to what Colajanni said (I can assume Ferrari has seen that video footage thousands of times)

Ferrari considering an appeal that could put Sebastian Vettel's Formula 1 title at risk (0916). Ferrari spokesman Luca Colajanni tells The Associated Press that "we're looking at the video. We have until tomorrow to file an appeal."

From BBC Sport, so that's gone from you lot saying Luca Colajanni said he wasn't going too. I still believe we'll protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Massa#1 View Post
    Because it appears a marshall green flagged him.
    but fingerboys dashboard is showing Yellow.......
    and come on Ferrari ...go for it...

I think if there is a case then Ferrari should protest. Y'ed be sure Red Bull Or Mclaren would... But Ferrari better be sure that the evidence is clear and would hold up in the appeal...
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by red5 View Post
    There's no such case of broken rules (green flag on the left),so let's move on....Alonso stop behaving like a spoiled brat

Hopefully Ferrari won't lodge a protest,at least if they stick to what Colajanni said (I can assume Ferrari has seen that video footage thousands of times)
    LOL you still hate Alonso after all this time? I would say you act much more like a spoiled brat.
    Forza Ferrari

The dashboard can show pink elephants, it doesn't matter. What matters are the flags/lights on the track.

The flag over rules the dashboard lights they are just an aid ( so i have read).

Lets just move on to 2013 eh.

LOL you still hate Alonso after all this time? I would say you act much more like a spoiled brat.
    This "spoiled brat" term is very versatile as far as I can see