Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vettel attacks other teams "Dirty tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    All I'm saying is that his comments most likely don't relate to what everyone in this thread believes they relate to - i.e. gearbox, switching places etc
    Yes, you might well be spot on in your assessment, I haven't seen the full article with Horner's statements but I take your word on it. I was commenting on them thinking the rules clarifications/enforcement would be dirty tricks. The two main things I remember were the engine mapping and adjustable ride height controversies but I believe in both cases these were brought about by FIA technicians during normal scrutineering, but maybe more was done behind the scenes aimed at getting them punished.

Ferrari trying to get them penalized in Japan for Vettel impeding Alonso I could maybe understand, but Vettel DID impede Alonso, no question about that even to the stewards. And no one can blame Alonso for expecting the same results as what happened to him at Monza in '06.

I just think he's on about more than that.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Think it was little dig at us for Felipe playing rear gunner and protecting Fernando, or blocking i think the word was used when the reporters asked him. End of day Webber does the same, Torro Rosso do the same so they cannt even go down that route and point us out for that.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Think it was little dig at us for Felipe playing rear gunner and protecting Fernando, or blocking i think the word was used when the reporters asked him. End of day Webber does the same, Torro Rosso do the same so they cannt even go down that route and point us out for that.
    I think Seb was just jealous cos Massa gave a master class in how to control other drivers, help your team mate, sacrifice your own race in front of your home crowd but still come third - whereas his team mate did his usual - drove like he had a funnel web spider crawling around in his helmet and didn't do any of those things

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    I think Seb was just jealous cos Massa gave a master class in how to control other drivers, help your team mate, sacrifice your own race in front of your home crowd but still come third - whereas his team mate did his usual - drove like he had a funnel web spider crawling around in his helmet and didn't do any of those things
    There is a lot of envy from Vettels side if you ask me, he just won his third title in a row, and all what F1 fans and even journalists and much worse, even the paddock!- is talking about is Ferrari and both of their drivers, not only about Fernando, mind you.

Thats stings.
    Last edited by Hermann; 26th November 2012 at 21:17.

I bet it annoyed him that he wasn't on the podium.

Maybe Felipe would rather be allowed to beat his team mate like Mark was
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    If you read the article with Christian Horner, where he reflects on what Sebastian said, it appears he's talking about what has happened with the complaints against their car itself and also what happened in the stewards office in Japan. Not against the gearbox seal or switching cars around. That would indeed be hypocritical.
    "We remained ourselves throughout the whole year, even though people did some things that we would never consider to do, trying to achieve our targets," he told journalists.

Seems cut and dried based on this statement?

At any rate, I don't think the comments were as fired up emotionally as we tend to take them to be. There is a good chance Fernando would have had a dig at them if he won the WDC and was the one being interviewed so it is what it is, I suppose.

Vettel needs to shut his strudel hole.

Disappointed Since 2010

i like vettel, i think alot of what he said was needless, but then again i compare fernando when he was vettel's age, when he drove for renault, truth is no driver is mature enough just because they won championships, what really makes them more mature weirdly enough is when they lose championships, and vettel hasn't.

Every winner thinks they deserve to have a second gunner in their teammate, and mark was simply a bad driver for that, i honestly don't think he tried his best to help his teammate, meanwhile felipe did everything we could ask for in terms of supporting his teammate who was fighting for the championship from the beginning of the championship.

i think our team's strategies, from the second half of the season were wonderful, and so was felipe's performance, no need to mention fernando cause he has been wonderful since the beginning. but i was surprised that felipe on the last handful races could match fernando on speed and laptimes, so i wonder if he continues this way from the beginning of next season if ferrari would let him go for wins os simply keep him for second from the very beginning.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

I honestly see Sebastian as a worthy Champion. He has always looked like a good person. Sadly he didn't win in a Ferrari. But what a comeback from last to 6th, with damage to his car, not bad at all. I don't think we have to hate other drivers, just because they drive for another team.
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by justjesper View Post
    I honestly see Sebastian as a worthy Champion. He has always looked like a good person. Sadly he didn't win in a Ferrari. But what a comeback from last to 6th, with damage to his car, not bad at all. I don't think we have to hate other drivers, just because they drive for another team.
    That's not it at all. Vettel doesn't have to be a hypocrite while simultaneously belittling Ferrari after he won the championship for the third time in a row.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeistes View Post
    i think our team's strategies, from the second half of the season were wonderful, and so was felipe's performance, no need to mention fernando cause he has been wonderful since the beginning. but i was surprised that felipe on the last handful races could match fernando on speed and laptimes, so i wonder if he continues this way from the beginning of next season if ferrari would let him go for wins os simply keep him for second from the very beginning.
    I tend to think there are no #1 and #2 drivers at the start of the season. Massa managed to change an awful start of the season in 2008 and fought for the title against Hamilton in Brazil. But first thing first, a quite faster car is mandatory for both Massa and Alonso to be able to be in the fight for the WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    I tend to think there are no #1 and #2 drivers at the start of the season. Massa managed to change an awful start of the season in 2008 and fought for the title against Hamilton in Brazil. But first thing first, a quite faster car is mandatory for both Massa and Alonso to be able to be in the fight for the WDC.
    I agree, I believe #1 and #2 are decided later in the season after there's a notable difference in points. It would certainly be interesting to see what would happen if Felipe outscored Fernando in '13.

Disappointed Since 2010

Exactly, Ferrari fans are supposed to be mature and classy. You cant always win. I am so happy for alonso for what he did in that F2012 this year. It really shows the heart of a true champion. I really feel sorry for him that he has to go through that feeling for the second time in three years because the team cant provide him a car to match vettel's. You can just see it in his eyes when he got out of that cockpit and watched vettel celebrating. He knows he is better.

But what a comeback from last to 6th, with damage to his car, not bad at all.
    must have been a massive damage to his car to perform from last to 6th, real massive damage only a savior can handle that.
    wonder why Hamilton gave up has Vettel has shown what a man can do with a 'damaged' car ...

I don't like him regardless if he's a winner or not. I don't like him just of the fact, that he and RB put on this bittersweat Mr. Nice Guy image ... perfect son-in-law ... never angry ... always: whooo whooo yes yes that's what I'm talking about ... only smiling like Cheshire Cat ... like a washing powder emotional. No edges, no corners ... As this is fake image. In a business like F1 which is a shark tank the story of Mr. Nice Nemo who is always friendly is nonsense at all.
    And if the day ever comes where Vettel drives a Ferrari I will have a massive fight with myself. Because what Ferrari made something special in history too is the fact that our drivers had always been great characters, maybe not the best drivers but great characters ... with this edges and corners ... and therefore something special and not bubble gum ...

Don't know if anybody can watch the RedBull propaganda TV channel "ServusTV" (via satellite or so). In normal circumstances ServusTV is really well produced and very informative TV channel. But not when it get's about sports and therefore about their business.
    Yesterday they had a talk show with Dr. Helmut Marko and H.H. Frentzen ... and what can I tell you ladies and gents: Christmas already happened as the savior himself is driving among us. Hallelujah! And additional to the praise of Mr. Vettel they put Webber into trash as he hasn't let pass Vettel right at the start (--> what about we don't take influence on our drivers?)

I never prayed that much that 'pride comes before a fall' will come to count.
    Last edited by Senna4Ever; 27th November 2012 at 06:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe Felipe would rather be allowed to beat his team mate like Mark was
    Was Mark trying to beat his team mate? It's always hard to tell, given the way he drives.

I don't think that there's any doubt that Mark would have had a similar task if the roles were reversed. Not sure he would have been half as proficient at it than Felipe "The Bodyguard" Massa though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    There is a lot of envy from Vettels side if you ask me, he just won his third title in a row, and all what F1 fans and even journalists and much worse, even the paddock!- is talking about is Ferrari and both of their drivers, not only about Fernando, mind you.

Thats stings.
    Yes, all the important people seem to be praising both our boys and quite rightly, but SV's comments are for sure directed at all the instances where they pushed the boundaries too far and he has to retaliate with what amount to sour grapes and envy!

It seems that you are merely playing devil's advocate in this thread. The title of the thread, plus many comments made by your fellow contributors, focus on what Vettel said, not hating him for winning. Also, you suggest that the fact that he drives for another team is the reason why people are hating him. Where do you get that from?

As for your criteria for his worthiness of being a Champion, i'm not sure that "looking like a good person" is the only criteria I would consider.

Vettel won the Championship. We ALL get that. No-one is bitter than he won it because of XYZ or hating him because he is in a Rud Bool. That's the way it goes. We ALL get that The discussion at hand is about his unnecessary and self indulgent comments, which came after he won it. If he was not being bitter in the face of success, then I don't really see why he needed to make such a reference at all. It lacks class, and it's in the same vein as blaming your race engineer for failing to out-qualify your team mate. It shows a lack of maturity.

Now, if you think that anyone who wishes to discuss this aspect of his personality is merely "eating sour grapes", then that is your prerogative. However, constantly accusing people of things that aren't even being discussed is rather unhelpful to the thread. Any chance you can stop doing that bit?

Well now it turns out that after the race Vettel said something along the lines of "Ayrton's grave is not far, i can visit it and see what he thinks of his nephew's move".

very tasteful

DIRTY TRICKS:
    ilegal rear end of the car during 4 races banned from monaco, ilegal engine mapping also banned, ilegal flexing nose banned from next season, pushing alonso in monza, suspension that can be changed by hand during parc ferme,torro rosso drivers moving away every time they see primadona....
    and he says something about dirty tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    Well now it turns out that after the race Vettel said something along the lines of "Ayrton's grave is not far, i can visit it and see what he thinks of his nephew's move".

very tasteful
    Did he really say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Did he really say that?
    I wouldn't joke about something like that. He really did say that.

Hope that germ Vettel never gets to drive a Ferrari .

I'm saving a local copy of this thread for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    I wouldn't joke about something like that. He really did say that.
    Yes he did, i read also on an Italian site, litteraly he said:"la tomba di Ayrton č qui a San Paolo e bisognerebbe andarci e raccontargli quello che ha combinato suo nipote".
    Which translates as :"the grave of Ayrton is here in Sao Paolo, maybe i should go there and tell him what his nephew did".

Apparently he was only joking, but i don't think people where amused.
    Dr Ferdinand Porsche:" Nuvolari is the greatest driver of the past, the present, and the future".
    Enzo Ferrari once drove with him and recalled even on bends "he never took his foot from the accelerator".

Was Mark trying to beat his team mate? It's always hard to tell, given the way he drives.

I don't think that there's any doubt that Mark would have had a similar task if the roles were reversed. Not sure he would have been half as proficient at it than Felipe "The Bodyguard" Massa though.
    In Abu Dhabi, Webber was pitted the moment Vettel caught up with him. Whether Webber wants it or not, team strategy is something every team employs. Massa was a team player and so there is no problem within Ferrari and for himself too. Ferrari can do it with minimal impact.

If Webber isn't willing to do it, then the team will just do it the hard way and screw up his race. Every team will, one way or another, employ team strategy.

The difference with Ferrari is that Ferrari is up front about it. Ferrari is open about what they do, and that gives Massa credit because they will acknowledge what they told Massa to do and they do not need to secretly mess up Massa's race and make him look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Yes he did, i read also on an Italian site, litteraly he said:"la tomba di Ayrton č qui a San Paolo e bisognerebbe andarci e raccontargli quello che ha combinato suo nipote".
    Which translates as :"the grave of Ayrton is here in Sao Paolo, maybe i should go there and tell him what his nephew did".

Apparently he was only joking, but i don't think people where amused.
    That will have been translated into Italian first though remember.

However, if he did say that, it's another example of not knowing when to shut up. Insulting people on their home turf is not really a clever thing to do, especially when you have just been crowned WDC. It makes you look petty and ungrateful.

He tries very hard to be funny/witty. Sometimes he can take it too far. This was one such occassion. Another such occassion was when Brundle was standing on the grid with Tanya from RTL, and Vettel tried to imply there was something going on between them. Brundle was not happy.

Only a few things appear to be more sad, than plain strudel aiming for enfant terrible status.

Still he drove a heck of race, we got all that we could from weather, track and last but not least our very feeble racing package.
    And that was not enough, for glory, which is the way it should be.

Still the bit about dirty tricks is beyond funny, while the Ayrton comment will come back to haunt him, good.

Anyonme remember Alonso and Flavio s T-shirts and monitors from Monza 2006?

bye cool...
    Last edited by coolrunnings_99; 27th November 2012 at 10:12. Reason: spelling&grammar
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

That will have been translated into Italian first though remember.

However, if he did say that, it's another example of not knowing when to shut up. Insulting people on their home turf is not really a clever thing to do, especially when you have just been crowned WDC. It makes you look petty and ungrateful.
    He did exactly say that, i watched his interview in german:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...zVM-zzdQ#t=84s

Don't forget that he was talking to a german reporter here, and maybe felt obliged to say something 'funny'. I absolutely don't share his sense of humor, for me he is a little kid with three world titles who isn't up to the challenge of fame, somehow trying to entertain the public- even with tasteless jokes.