Thread: Brazilian GP 2012 - Race Thread

Really happy with Felipe. Dare to say that he's at the best form since 2009. Even when he dropped down to 14th or 15th (can't remember) he managed to get up to 2nd. Like he said on the podium, the 2nd part of the season was just a preparation for 2013.

ON TO 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    We started with a blank sheet this year and we got it wrong.
    Objective and rational decisions are the need of the hour. If someone deserves to be sacked(i certainly think so!!!) then he should have to make way...i ll say Tomba should be replaced by Bigois...

webber's interview - you can tell it really eats him inside that Vettel is now a 3 time champion.

Wait a minute, the graphic just showed Alonso lost the title by 3 points?

Why was Massa crying ? I was breaking things after the chequered flag and didn't see him

Let me tell you something to all you slagging him off. when schumi was winning at all cost nobody said he was lucky, as ferrari back then had a lot going there ways... I didn't, yes i do believe that schumi is better than vettel...
    Dont shout load yet, if he joins ferrari sometime in the future what would you guys then say!!! I guess lots of you didnt like alonso before he joined ferrari... but got to like him when he joined ferrari... so slag other drivers for winning... webber is there why is he not winning, he got same car... say what u want want you need to be top to win WDC... not just have a good car... Seb drove a broken car and got it to six... if alonso did same he would be called brilliant!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    Objective and rational decisions are the need of the hour. If someone deserves to be sacked(i certainly think so!!!) then he should have to make way...i ll say Tomba should be replaced by Bigois...
    Has Tombazis really lost his marbles? I mean this guy was chief aerodynamicist during the dream team era.

and AFAIK Bigois has already joined the team.

Quote Originally Posted by joseluis88 View Post
    and hopefully the backroom staff don't go the way of Roberto di Matteo.. but maybe we need to start with a blank sheet of paper
    Congratulations RB and the 2012 wdc Adrian Newey. Anyone got that great photoshop pic of Vettel body on the podium with Neweys head? Button might still get disqualified cannot think why...maybe because he looks like a donkey. Seriously congratulations to RB and Vettel but in the end Ferrari will win more RB are a modern Benneton, BRM, Brabham etc little British garage team that does a bit then fades away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    yea, -3 pts

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Why was Massa crying ? I was breaking things after the chequered flag and didn't see him
    Was happy to be up there in front of his home crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Yes he lost it by 3 points... 281 to 278

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Is that yellow or orange because of the rain?

edit: Thank you Forzi for your answer

Now I'm even more ticked off. 3 points !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    - dear technicians please see that you deliver our boys something better and faster next year, we are sick of those cans, dogs and cucumbers our drivers drove for last couple of years...
    simply put, fire all of them
    There is only one Champion: Schumacher
    There is only one Principal: Todt
    There is only one Ferrari
    And it will still be there even after Red Bull dies away with Mateschitz

I hope if we will build actually fast car next year, our drivers will still have it, like they do now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Gutted for Fernando. But the ability to be persistent and fierce like he is is what makes drivers like him legend. And it won't go away with 3 points. In my mind, yes Vettel is the WDC but Fernando is definitely the best driver. By miles. We pray and hope it continues well into the future, because Ferrari will produce the car he needs. And when they do he will be way down the road.

Retrospectively a lot of things can be pointed at. Canada, incident with Romain, incident with Kimi. If I were to pick one, it would be Romain. Alonso would have picked nothing less than 12-15 points from that race. But again, yes that would have got him the title; wouldn't have changed any of ours' perception about how awesome a driver he is :)

Knowing we have both drivers with the ability to put a 0.5 second slower car (in qualifying at least) on the podium consistently, we now know we just need to make a car slightly quicker relatively!

Brazilian GP 2012 - Race Thread

Solid yellow.

Wonderful Race, Wonderful Season, Wonderful Effort by Alonso, Wondeful Effort by Massa, Wonderful Effort by the Entire Ferrari Team!
    2012 will go down as a "Development" year for Ferrari and modes well for 2013! 2nd in the Constructor's Championship and 2nd Place in the Driver's Championship are VERY GOOD Results. You can't get it any closer of a Driver's Championship as that and Ferrari finished very strong in the Constructor's Championship! Look for a stronger Ferrari next year!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmkevin View Post
    Let me tell you something to all you slagging him off. when schumi was winning at all cost nobody said he was lucky, as ferrari back then had a lot going there ways... I didn't, yes i do believe that schumi is better than vettel...
    Dont shout load yet, if he joins ferrari sometime in the future what would you guys then say!!! I guess lots of you didnt like alonso before he joined ferrari... but got to like him when he joined ferrari... so slag other drivers for winning... webber is there why is he not winning, he got same car... say what u want want you need to be top to win WDC... not just have a good car... Seb drove a broken car and got it to six... if alonso did same he would be called brilliant!!!
    I've booked you two a room....

Fingerboy overtook Kobayashi under yellow flag.. it will not bring our race back

Domenicali is gonna get the sac. I feel it.

Felipe was penalised for what Vettel did there at the start... another salt to the wound.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Conclusion, we lost (or came in 2nd, rather) because the car wasn't up to the task of qualifying and winning races like RBS'. We have to start again in 2013 but will just have to do a little better. How about 4 tens better?

In the Sky reply, I noticed him overtake FOUR times under Yellow... FOUR

We need to fix that flippin wind tunnel for next year ASAP.
    Red is the only color!!!

There's no use in looking back at what could have or should have been. That said, I'm disappointed, but it was still a valiant and commendable effort on Ferrari's part. 2013 is right around the corner and both of our drivers are in peak shape.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Domenicali is gonna get the sac. I feel it.
    poll on method: under his own terms? or kicked out by chairman (surprisingly, it seems like Tony Fernandes didn't kick his team out a la Mark Hughes)
    There is only one Champion: Schumacher
    There is only one Principal: Todt
    There is only one Ferrari
    And it will still be there even after Red Bull dies away with Mateschitz

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Is that yellow or orange because of the rain?

edit: Thank you Forzi for your answer
    i think it clearly is a yellow flag.. i dont know why Ferrari did not complain to Charlie Whiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Domenicali is gonna get the sack. I feel it.
    He prob deserves it.