Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vettel fury at 'stupid' Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He passed Seb and pulled away was not getting blue flags so I think Seb is just crying about nothing really

+1
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Lewis did nothing wrong.
    Theoretically: Lewis unlaps himself completely - a crash happens - safetycar on track - Lewis can go all the way round to the back of the pack - Lewis is very fast and all cars are together - Lewis could get points!
    Of course this scenario should not happen in the final few laps, but it is a rather realistic scenario.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Wait a moment you are suggesting Alonso drove badly? Are you for real? Lewis was never close enough for Alonso to let him pass, Alonso said he would have let him pass if need be.

no i am suggesting that hamilton should have stayed out of it rather than passing Vettel. He had no business being there as he was not even racing for position that far back. I think that Vettel had every right to be mad. I can imagine what the conversation on here would be like if this had happened to Alonso.
    we're number one

He cost Vettel nothing, he is just looking to blame anything for being beat even with his cheat car and traction control.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel the Crying Baby indeed!

Rami was just proving a point here, "you I don't respect you and I will overtake you but you I respect you and I will stay behind".

Well that's the way I see it!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

I don't post a lot on the forum, most of the times if you are not an expert it is better to listen than to talk nonsense.
    Any way some people on here make me wonder who they Support?
    Thanks Fernando and the whole team for making us proud!
    Thanks Lewis for your little Help, though we did'nt need it.
    Any way made some good TSN cash today.
    May the best man/team win!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    no i am suggesting that hamilton should have stayed out of it rather than passing Vettel. He had no business being there as he was not even racing for position that far back. I think that Vettel had every right to be mad. I can imagine what the conversation on here would be like if this had happened to Alonso.
    I can understand that Vettel was mad, yes. And if it had happened to Alonso we would not be happy, no.
    But all of that does not take away the fact that Lewis had every right to do what he did. He was faster, and faster cars are allowed to overtake.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    haha.. i think the question of Felipe being replaced next season has been answered. We dont need to. Lewis apparently is driving for us too.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I can understand that Vettel was mad, yes. And if it had happened to Alonso we would not be happy, no.
    But all of that does not take away the fact that Lewis had every right to do what he did. He was faster, and faster cars are allowed to overtake.....
    The grapes were so sour with Red Bull today that they could have made yet another disgusting tasting drink from them

Horner defending the Vettel's off track mugging was the most blatant falsehood i've heard for some time. Shameless BS.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

sebastian lewis is faster than you?

I think this shows us Vettel's true colors. It's easy to be happy, smiling, and friendly when you're sitting on top of the world. Today, he, as well as Horner, have shown that they are sore losers. If he winds up at Ferrari, he better learn quick that crap like that isn't tolerated.

Disappointed Since 2010

I have to say, I didn't think that a lapped car could re-pass the cars that lapped it! For those of you who have been around longer than myself and may have witnessed this kind of situation, in the past, how was it handled? Is there anything in the books about this? I mean, I know the "blue flag" means move over, you're being lapped; but, is there anything detailing what a driver should/could do once they've been lapped?

Having said all that, I believe this was a situation of McLaren using "team orders" to get Hamilton to help out Button. I agree with Greig that Hamilton's super sensitive and over-inflated ego probably couldn't take being asked to move over for his teammate; but, helping him catch up by "racing" with the leaders would have been something he was easily manipulated into doing!!

And, yes, I did use the word "manipulate" because, let's face it, he'd not have done it willingly otherwise! He really should take that into consideration when he sits down to discuss a contract with McLaren!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, Vettel didn't say Hamilton was stupid, just that what he did was!! There is a difference and it seems to me that the media is purposely ignoring it, in order to incite fans! Surprise, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    I have to say, I didn't think that a lapped car could re-pass the cars that lapped it! For those of you who have been around longer than myself and may have witnessed this kind of situation, in the past, how was it handled? Is there anything in the books about this? I mean, I know the "blue flag" means move over, you're being lapped; but, is there anything detailing what a driver should/could do once they've been lapped?

Having said all that, I believe this was a situation of McLaren using "team orders" to get Hamilton to help out Button. I agree with Greig that Hamilton's super sensitive and over-inflated ego probably couldn't take being asked to move over for his teammate; but, helping him catch up by "racing" with the leaders would have been something he was easily manipulated into doing!!

And, yes, I did use the word "manipulate" because, let's face it, he'd not have done it willingly otherwise! He really should take that into consideration when he sits down to discuss a contract with McLaren!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, Vettel didn't say Hamilton was stupid, just that what he did was!! There is a difference and it seems to me that the media is purposely ignoring it, in order to incite fans! Surprise, eh?
    Kubica did it, and it almost cost Lewis the WDC back in Brazil 08. It is an annoying thing to do, but legal, I think.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Kubica did it, and it almost cost Lewis the WDC back in Brazil 08. It is an annoying thing to do, but legal, I think.
    Completely legal, always has been. A driver has every right to unlap themself.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

how close must you be to a backmarker for them to get a blue flag, is it like the drs with the 1 sec rule

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Completely legal, always has been. A driver has every right to unlap themself.
    Thanks!! I didn't know that (among so many other things F1)!!

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    First of all, these situations almost never occur. Almost always a car gets blue-flagged because it is being lapped by the much faster leaders. In that case the car has to move over to let the leaders go. Because the lapped car is much slower, the situation of unlapping will not arise - but theoretically they have the right to do it.
    Hamilton today was in an entire different situation. He was a lap down because he had experienced technical problems and had been in the pits. When he came out, he was a lap down already on the leaders, but his pace was faster.
    Because he was still part of the race, he had every right to pass the leaders and unlap himself.
    Once in front of them, he would not be blue-flagged because he would not hold them up but be running away from them.
    Now today Hamilton was faster than Vettel, so unlapped himself but could not do the same with Alonso.
    Vettel did of course not like the situation, which is quite understandable, but according to the rules Hamilton did nothing wrong.
    Last edited by Alonsomaniac; 23rd July 2012 at 00:15.

Didn't (Ayrton) Senna punch Irvine in the face for doing that to him? While I do agree that Vettel is whining a lot, I feel that it's not right to get involved in a battle for the race lead when you're a lap down. Hamilton was on fresher tires so it wasn't really a surprise to see him go faster.

I guess the really sad part is that if you're familiar with "Lewis Hamilton", you'll know that he most likely didn't do this to help his teammate out - which would have at least been noble - but only to try and show the world how fast he is.

Seb. Hey Seb! SSSSEEEEBBBBBB!!!!!!!

Seb: WHAT??????

U-Mad-Bro.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    well if that is the argument the Alonso should have let him through as well. After all it would be the gentleman thing to do. Let Hamilton get out of the way rather than using him to block Vettel.. So really then this could be pinned on Alonso driving badly.
    He said that if doing that he would lose a lot of time

"It doesn't really bother me what he says," Hamilton was quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror. "I guess. It shows his maturity.
    "I don't think I've made any silly decisions throughout the race. I had nothing to gain apart from staying out of the way of my team-mate.
    "I never give up, so I'm not going to back off and let everyone past me when I've got the pace to go past the guy in front."
    LOL, yeah Lewis you never give up, funny we heard your team radio with you wanting to retire after you got a puncture, then you did in fact give up and park the car.
    Forza Ferrari

LOL, yeah Lewis you never give up, funny we heard your team radio with you wanting to retire after you got a puncture, then you did in fact give up and park the car.
    Lewis has bad memory as often as he has bad eyesight
    not gonna change my profile picture

Actually thinking about it McLaren do have a history of having a lapped car interfere with the race, DC at Spa 98 was 4 or more laps down and they sent him out to get in MS's way with great effect.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    I've been saying this for a long time now. When everything is going well for him he's fine and 'comes across as a great guy' but when things aren't going his way this is what you get. A spoilt brat.
    Very rightly said..ha cannot withstand pressure...When Jenson pipped him during the 2nd pitstop He was totally lost control and 2 lap after he nearly lost the rear before entering to the final corner..
    AKROCKS

Actually thinking about it McLaren do have a history of having a lapped car interfere with the race, DC at Spa 98 was 4 or more laps down and they sent him out to get in MS's way with great effect.
    Robert Kubica overtook Lewis at Brazilian gp 2008 on the penultimate lap...when Lewis was fighting for championship and lost out to Seb for fifth position...
    AKROCKS

Would Mclaren have allowed Lewis to overtake Jenson if the positions were
    Fernando => Vettel => Jenson => Lapped Lewis Hamilton.

I don`t think so....but still love the move from Hamilton on Vettel...Love to see Lewis, Fernando and Vettel battle....at hungary next week...

Forza Ferrari..Forza Fernando...
    AKROCKS

Hamilton saying that Vettel showing his maturity for his overtaking move...pot...kettle...black? What about last year when Hamilton was ramming everyone off the track, what a short memory he has, and he even had the nerve to blame other drivers. Even shorter when he says he never gives up, what about yesterday when he limped back to the pits and said on the radio that's it guys and wanted to retire.

I am a bit of a Vettel fan and I'm sure if he had passed Hamilton like that, Hamilton would have been moaning to kingdom come. Vettel will pay Hamilton back at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sha1 View Post
    Didn't (Ayrton) Senna punch Irvine in the face for doing that to him?
    He went into the Jordan garage to punch Eddie, swung at him, and Eddie backed away and fell off the table. That's Irvine's story anyway
    Forza Jules

Here's how I look at it;

Seb CHOSE to fight Hamilton for that position. Lewis did NOT cost Seb that 1 second he lost, Seb did. Fernando was smart enough to recognize that there was no point in battling Lewis and would have allowed him to pass had he not pitted. That one lost second is nobody's fault be Seb's.

Quote Originally Posted by Homan13PSU View Post
    Here's how I look at it;

Seb CHOSE to fight Hamilton for that position. Lewis did NOT cost Seb that 1 second he lost, Seb did. Fernando was smart enough to recognize that there was no point in battling Lewis and would have allowed him to pass had he not pitted. That one lost second is nobody's fault be Seb's.

Agree completely.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus