Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: German GP 2012 Friday & Saturday Practice Thread

Schumi wants to help towing the car.

Another wasted Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Another wasted Friday
    Indeed ... let's hope for a better Saturday or an even better Sunday...

mclaren sam michael, has just said so far their upgrades are working as expected and he expects a "major" step forward....oooooo, the gauntlet has been set haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    mclaren sam michael, has just said so far their upgrades are working as expected and he expects a "major" step forward....oooooo, the gauntlet has been set haha!
    Hopefully they are “NOT” working that well as he says they do…they said that last week too in Silverstone that those updates worked OK, they topped the time sheets on Friday, and then come quali and race they sucked…
    So I’m hoping that this time is the same for them.
    Now US on the other hand did NOT do that much running; I don’t know if we’re overly confident in our pace (I HOPE we are), but we stayed in the garage most of the time.

Hopefully we’ll get more DRY running tomorrow in Saturday practice, set the car up really good and come quali we take POLE.

Although the pace on the Mclaren has me a little worried…hopefully it’s just me
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

He also said they will grab pole and inw the race. Over-confidence?
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

We look good but I fear that the race will be dry and we will have zero information of the tyres, it's the same for everyone but we are not the best handling this circumstances.

Fernando Alonso: “All in all, I am reasonably pleased with how things went. We ran in various conditions, going from the dry to a damp track and then a completely wet one and tomorrow, at least according to the weather forecast at the moment, we could have a very similar scenario to today when it comes to qualifying. The car behaved well in all conditions, which is always a good thing and we were also able to see how the various types of tyre worked and when was the right moment to switch from one to another. The technical updates on the car? We did not have enough time to evaluate them in depth: let’s hope we can do that tomorrow.”

Felipe Massa: “As happened in Silverstone, here in Hockenheim the rain also made life difficult. This morning, the conditions were changing quickly and it was hard to get a run of clean laps which were useful enough to evaluate the performance of the new components we brought here. In the afternoon, we did not even get a chance to do a single lap with dry tyres, so we concentrated on understanding the behaviour of the car in the wet. It’s always difficult to give a judgement when you run in conditions like this, but I have to say the car was going pretty well, so we are reasonably pleased. It is even more complicated to say where we are in the dry, because we did not run enough. Let’s see if tomorrow we manage to do a few more laps, but at the moment, the forecast is not very encouraging.”

Pat Fry: “At least it seems that the rain is not just an English phenomenon this summer! Joking apart, we would definitely have preferred a nice sunny day or at least, a dry track throughout in order to get through all the work programme we had planned for today. Unfortunately, we were only able to do a few laps on the dry tyres this morning, however, not many of these were useful, because the rain kept making an appearance. From what we could see, the car seems to be more or less alright in terms of balance, both in the dry and the wet. Some of the updates we have here proved to be okay right from the start, while in order to evaluate the others fully, we need to analyse carefully what little data we were able to gather today. Tomorrow, the possibility of having another wet qualifying seems quite high, while for the race, it is meant to be dry. At Silverstone, we were competitive in both conditions: let’s hope the same applies here too.”
    Forza Ferrari

In this conditions it's forbidden to make any conclusion!!!!!!The only thing i can say is that on probably 4-5 laps that MAS was back to back with VET,our boy was faster lap by lap!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    He also said they will grab pole and inw the race. Over-confidence?
    just a bit haha, i prefer the alonso approach, "yhhh our car is okay...then wammm! pole position!" i hope so anyways!

just a bit haha, i prefer the alonso approach, "yhhh our car is okay...then wammm! pole position!" i hope so anyways!
    +100 :D

Ferrari loves rain really and i hope another rainy qualy will be waiting for us.Maybe second chance to get another pole position.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    wow....alonso 1:31.200.....

Hoping for the same....but its too early...and Ferrari need to keep on bringing updates to the car...they have a tendency of losing focus at the right time....this year we need to push the car updates till the finale...in order to win 2012 WDC...
    AKROCKS

12th and 20th... Guys are we OK for this week GP? I didn't saw todays free practice, I know that there was rain, but...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    12th and 20th... Guys are we OK for this week GP? I didn't saw todays free practice, I know that there was rain, but...
    47077d1328734115-google-chrome-android-beta-available-now-notsureifserious.png

Heh, well, our position was due to the ever changing condition. Alonso went out first on the intermediates, and his intermediates was finish earlier than the rest hence he had to pit while others continue setting faster time as the track was drying.

Same with Massa, he came out a little later on the intermediates but earlier than others, so he set better times, but then have to pit once the tires are done for. Other continue to lap the track which was still drying up rapidly, hence their faster lap times.

Wait for Quali and then we can decide how good/bad we are compared to the rest.

Thanx for update .
    Hoping for the best come qualifying and race on Sunday.

: funny picture, and topical! The new film is well worth a watch!

Anyways, onto today, I think since we have no time again to evaluate how the tyres work, RedBull will be favourites along with Ferrari and Lotus.

And at McLaren, they bring out their season saving update when it pours on the main day they can test it!
    Maybe they shouldn't object to in season testing so much. Especially when Ferrari introduced a similar package they got three days of full testing.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

P.s. has this forum got a twitter account?

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/GrilloRampante

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Yeah TSN and the Whisperer are good friends
    Forza Ferrari

Lol, helping the horse whisperer to troll McLaren fans, I guess?

30 mins to go. is it raining there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    30 mins to go. is it raining there?
    BBC 5Live F1 Team ‏@5LiveF1

Still a bit of sunshine around but the clouds are building up at the moment...
    That's all i could find and was posted 30 minutes ago!

there are rumors of a possible double DRS for redbull in the near future

How is the weather guys?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

WHY the clock time of this forum is set to GMT + 3,5??? It is frustrating....

Double DRS does not seem all that worth it to me, it's doing not a lot for Merc just seems to make them appear good until Sunday race day lol
    Forza Ferrari