Thread: Cap's Lock in thread titles and posts.....

Cap's Lock in thread titles and posts.....

Just don't do it please
    Forza Ferrari

OK

Or your account might well be suspended or removed
    Forza Ferrari

right

do you have some kind of problem?
    Forza Ferrari

^dude we are just fooling around no need to get upset :)

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Just don't do it please
    I myself don't like using caps lock in all sentence because of grammar aspect but it is a little bit odd to prevent people from using caps lock. Greig i don't know what is your problem with caps lock, but i am member in every kind of forums & i haven't seen any complaint from moderators about the legality of using caps lock in sentences

Quote Originally Posted by T van R View Post
    I myself don't like using caps lock in all sentence because of grammar aspect but it is a little bit odd to prevent people from using caps lock. Greig i don't know what is your problem with caps lock, but i am member in every kind of forums & i haven't seen any complaint from moderators about the legality of using caps lock in sentences
    It's to prevent people from using ALL caps lock when writing, not caps lock in general and when needed.
    Forza Jules

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    It's to prevent people from using ALL caps lock when writing, not caps lock in general and when needed.
    Yes i mean why you prevent using caps lock while writing the whole sentence. What is the problem?

Because it looks really horrible and is hard to read plus it makes our homepage look rubbish when one thread is all in caps for no reason. The forum software actually has a built in feature to prevent it so I guess it's something most forums find useful and I would just enable it but I will need to rename all the smilies or remove them and I can't be bothered but will do if need be not really concerned with other forums or what they do either and not sure why this bothers you?

Now if I had wrote all that in caps would it look good?
    Forza Ferrari

Yes i mean why you prevent using caps lock while writing the whole sentence. What is the problem?
    What is the problem with not allowing it? how will it affect you?
    Forza Ferrari

BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING, WHICH MAY COME ACROSS AS RUDE. THAT IS WHY IT IS GENERALLY ACCEPTED INTERNET ETIQUETTE NOT TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS.

Do you see?
    Forza Jules

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Because it looks really horrible and is hard to read plus it makes our homepage look rubbish when one thread is all in caps for no reason. The forum software actually has a built in feature to prevent it so I guess it's something most forums find useful and I would just enable it but I will need to rename all the smilies or remove them and I can't be bothered but will do if need be not really concerned with other forums or what they do either and not sure why this bothers you?

Now if I had wrote all that in caps would it look good?
    As i said before i don't like it too. Anyway... i was curious to know why. I admit your reasons

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Do you see?
    I think that part is shouting too. Calm down
    Last edited by T van R; 29th March 2012 at 20:01.