Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Button: Alonso is not a worry

Button: Alonso is not a worry

Alonso claimed a surprise victory ahead of Sergio Perez in Sunday's Malaysian GP as the wet conditions detracted from the Ferrari F2012's weak points.

His win put Alonso at the top of the Drivers' standings, five points ahead of Lewis Hamilton and a further five in front of Button.

However, the McLaren driver, who finished outside the points in Sepang after colliding with an HRT, reckons it's the man in second and the off-the-pace Red Bulls who are his biggest threat and not Alonso.

"Even after such a bad race - and that's hopefully my bad race for the year gone - I'm still only 10 points off the lead, and that's Alonso in a Ferrari. That's not the worry," Button said.

"I'm also only five points behind Lewis, who is the guy in a competitive car, so (it's) still not bad considering the day I had.

"Lewis is definitely my main rival, and you have to say the Red Bulls as well.

"Those are the guys I still think are the main ones at this point in the season, and will be for quite a few races.

"The Mercedes' show signs of speed in qualifying, and we'll have to see what they can do in a nice dry race, and see where we stand compared to them.

"But the team we should still be worried about the most are Red Bull."

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/76...Is-Not-A-Worry
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Similar to Lewis saying Kimi was not a threat in 2007
    Forza Ferrari

Dear Jenson,

I hereby communicate with you to give you the prize of the "less deserved" champion of the last decade....

When you will start to worry, my friend Jenson, it'll be very late.

Kisses
    sav_pap

"Even after such a bad race - and that's hopefully my bad race for the year gone - I'm still only 10 points off the lead, and that's Alonso in a Ferrari. That's not the worry," Button said.

i think YOU should worry Mr. Button....at least after the major upgrades we're gonna have in both China and Spain...and if they work as they should be.... ( here that Ferrari will get them right), i think both Mclaren and Red Fools will be in for a surprise..
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I like Jenson, but that does sound a little bit arrogant if I'm honest.

Don't know if he has been misquoted here in some way or not, but if it was Lewis saying this, I wouldn't be surprised at all. This just doesn't sound like something Jenson would say (or I would expect him to).

The future is RED

It is on PF1, so I am not going to get too excited about it being actually true.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It is on PF1, so I am not going to get too excited about it being actually true.
    That's what I've been thinking as well.

Edit: By the way Greig, you are just 3 away from hitting 20,000 posts. Are you going to do a big hoopla to celebrate?

The future is RED

Dismissive ... Jenson Button says Ferrari is no threat in the 2012 Formula 1 title race. Source: AAP

No idea how reliable they are
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    That's what I've been thinking as well.

Edit: By the way Greig, you are just 3 away from hitting 20,000 posts. Are you going to do a big hoopla to celebrate?
    I will ban a random member
    Forza Ferrari

Tifosi

Can I make a cake?

I think you should use your 20,000th post to declare your love for the wonder that is Kimi Raikkonen.

If Button really said that, it seems really silly. He should know that spouting off like that can tend to come back and bite you on the bum.
    Forza Jules

Ooh, exciting! Can we have a vote or something?

The future is RED

Can hardly believe Jenson really said that.....totally not his style.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I think you should use your 20,000th post to declare your love for the wonder that is Kimi Raikkonen.
    This will be my last ever post then I know I will make a new account, Greig2 that will fool everyone
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Ooh, exciting! Can we have a vote or something?
    I'll vote for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    I'll vote for you!

The future is RED

Actually it's good to know that our rivals understimate us. It can turn against them.
    It's more difficult to cope with unexpected. If we manage to make the car more competitive we will be an unpleasant surprise for them.

Looks like Button is learning a thing or two from Lewis

Jenson really dropped down in my "favourite drivers" list by saying this. I didn't expected that from him

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

What he should be worrying about is learning how to drive properly on wet conditions, otherwise more wet races like the last, he'l be still wiping his visors from the backwash from Alonso's f2012 so Button should be very worried.

They should all bear in mind that - sooner or later! - Ferrari will build a car that is as quick as or quicker than any other in the field and then FA will humiliate them all..
    Trying to be less angry..

By saying this Jenson is longer on my list of favourite drivers. I just wonder if it is really true though.

He is absolutely right! Unfortunately!

Doesn't sound like Jenson, but even if he did say it, there's no need to take it so serious really. Just a bunch of words that don't amount to much.

http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsp...ory/74472.html

"Hopefully my bad race of the year has gone -- and I am still only ten points off the leader. That's not a worry," Button said. "It's not bad, really, considering what kind of a race I had, but there are still 18 races to go and there is a lot of action still to come."
    we're number one

No mention of Alonso in that article.. very sad pf1..
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    No mention of Alonso in that article.. very sad pf1..
    Exactly....it wasn't Jenson's way of talking about other divers anyway.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Let me have the honor of being banned by your hands.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-my-main-rival

He does tend to say stuff like this at times. No worries, last time it was Horner in 2010, and before that, Ron and Lewis in 2007. Didnt turn out great for them. This will just get the boys in maranello even more motivated. Deliver a beast,coin the title, and burn the stash of McLaren 'rocket red' shirt obscenities.

I find it funny, how after having the best car, they are novo sing the WDC to a guy fighting in the midfield, and say 'we are not racing him'

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I remember Hakkinen was also arrogant early on in 1998 when he said something like "It will take a miracle for anyone to beat us this season". Straight after that comment, Schumacher won in Argentina!

Never write off Alonso or Ferrari.