Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 182930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1843

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post
    http://www.formula1.com/results/seas...peed_trap.html
    we are just very slow on the straights
    Intrestingly, RBR is even slower.

Almost a great day for Ferrari haters. Almost.
    Turns out Ferrari are eligible for a share in the sport! So they could end up having a stake in it!

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    Intrestingly, RBR is even slower.
    Ya I was going to say the same thing, we're not going to be the only to suffer tomorrow with a top speed like that!!! Even with the DRS open they're not going to match the others' top speed and so do we.... scary

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Ya I was going to say the same thing, we're not going to be the only to suffer tomorrow with a top speed like that!!! Even with the DRS open they're not going to match the others' top speed and so do we.... scary
    Yep. Even if our race pace will somehow be good, passing someone will be super difficult.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    I feel bad for Luca's TV.
    Haha yeah I know another one down to the scrap yard.

I simply cannot get it how a top team like Ferrari can spend so much time in developing the 2012 car ( from 08/11 ) and yet fail...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I am just gutted- what ahorrible day. But it is a long season.
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

T van R Guest
    I hope the car is not dangerous for driving

I shall not be watching live tomorrow but the recording will be my first port of call as soon as I'm able to pluck up the courage.

It all seems very sad and this is the first day of a very long season. Or, putting it another way, this is just the first day of a very long season! Sooo....

Good luck , guys - all of you - Go Fernando, Go Felipe

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I can't believe Ferrari makes F12 Berlinetta, a car with fantastic aero efficiency and the F1 scuderia team can create low-downforce and still slow topspeed car (horendous aero efficiency). I hope they just made a cardinal mistake in the setup of something, because this is just nonsese
    As far as I know Rory Byrne is officially taking part in constructing super cars. And it was only a rumor he was helping with the F2012 - there never came an official affirmation so I assume that was only next positive sandbagging for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by T van R View Post
    I hope the car is not dangerous for driving
    Yep, that had occurred to me too.

Havnt posted in awhile, but ive never ever ever been so angry, upset, shocked as i have been today with ferrari in the 15years ive supported them! Only we could of stopped developing last seasons car earlier than any other team, to now to have produced a dog. Brilliant. Ive wrote this season off

Well if Ferrari does not turn this car into a winner by the 4th or 5th race then they will be looking for some new people.

New Team Principle, New Technical Director, New Chief Designer, ALL New Windtunnel Personnel, ALL New CFD Personnel!

I have a lot of issues with the shape and component design of this race car. My main issue is how the rear of the race car is shaped. Lets go from front to rear: At the nose cone are and front wing, they are not capturing the maximum amount of frontal wing area by not funneling all to air infront of the front tires toward the center. The endplates on the front wing must be reshaped to pull air from the outside of the front tires inward. The step in nose itself is causing buffeting of air moving rearward. I still feel the raised Sidepods cause more to air flow turbulance then a low sidepod shape. A much lower flatter sidepod shape could allow a horizontal wing off the engine cover to channel air directly toward the lower diffuser element and allow cleaner air to also load the rear wing better as well. The outside of a very low sidepod shape could also be used to channel air flow rapidly into the coke bottle shape of the rear. I feel the dampening and rebounding of the car have much to do with the very odd, uncontrolled behavior of the race car. That is a big area to correct immediately. Finally, why can't they place a Vertical Turning Vane forward and to the inside edge of the rear tire with exhaust gases hitting the vertical vane to channel air toward the lower element of the diffuser. That "Acer Ducts" make no sense at all to me! It just fouls up air flow forward of the rear tire and kills that mass of air. I only see the "Acer Ducts" as an exit point for the air being drawn from the floor in which case that exit should be lower & flatter to the rear floor area. Ferrari have a lot of things to review and think about.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Honestly i didn't believe all the observations from the usual biased brits like Martin Brundle about how bad the Ferrari looked in testing but after watching quali, i can see he was telling the truth. Anyway lets see what the race brings.

Calm down people.Pat Fry said being out of a podium finish for a reason,He was not kidding.More importantly he did say about the future upgrades and areo packages coming in May test so keep faith in ferrari.And Ferrari haters please stop we know ferrari has problems and there are 400 full time employees dedicated to understand the whole situation..Forza Ferrari Forza fernando

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Ansib View Post
    Calm down people.Pat Fry said being out of a podium finish for a reason,He was not kidding.More importantly he did say about the future upgrades and areo packages coming in May test so keep faith in ferrari.And Ferrari haters please stop we know ferrari has problems and there are 400 full time employees dedicated to understand the whole situation..Forza Ferrari Forza fernando
    It's not about what Pat said at all. We are upsed that with the time we had (almost half of the year more than other top teams), we weren't able to produce not even remotely competitive car. It was from shock to shock. First shock was comments from testing. The second one comment from the team members. In that moment we were expecting that we are 0.5s behind. And finally the third shock came today, realizing that even that quite pessimistic estimate was way too optimistic after all. 1 second (that came from Alonso's mouth) behind McLaren is disasterous after the time and resources we had. Even without these it would be bad result.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    The biggest concern for me is that the data we're using at the factory (wind tunnel, CFD, Simulator) doesn't translate to the real world. We had this problem last year, and now we've developed another car using bad data. How do we improve our car with the same bad data? It almost becomes irrelevant that we have the best engineers (and I'm sure we do), deep pockets and fancy facilities. You can't make orange juice from lemons.
    Completely agree, i feel the numbers coming out of the wind tunnel must be wrong. The engineers/aerodynamicist use these numbers to design wings, body work & how much down force is being produced. Seeing as how we have a car that has lots of drag, not enough down force/lack of grip, to me the data coming out is leading them down the wrong design path. There are some smart people at Ferrari and there's no way they would design a bad car unless they believed they were onto a winner.

This is Ferrari's chance to show just how strong they can be in difficult times, it's no secret we have a mountain to climb but how good would the satisfaction be if we can turn this car around in four races. It's doubtful but we can only really go up from here. We are hanging on by a thread in this championship only by the fact that's it's too early in the season and we haven't seen how the races will pan out. These next four races and our reaction will be crucial in what happens to our championship hopes. Difficult times ahead..
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Windsor on Twitter
    I still stand by my predictions of Feb that HAM will win tomorrow but ALO the WDC.
    http://twitter.com/#!/PeterDWindsor/...09385340567552

He said this just after qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    Well if Ferrari does not turn this car into a winner by the 4th or 5th race then they will be looking for some new people.

New Team Principle, New Technical Director, New Chief Designer, ALL New Windtunnel Personnel, ALL New CFD Personnel!

I have a lot of issues with the shape and component design of this race car. My main issue is how the rear of the race car is shaped. Lets go from front to rear: At the nose cone are and front wing, they are not capturing the maximum amount of frontal wing area by not funneling all to air infront of the front tires toward the center. The endplates on the front wing must be reshaped to pull air from the outside of the front tires inward. The step in nose itself is causing buffeting of air moving rearward. I still feel the raised Sidepods cause more to air flow turbulance then a low sidepod shape. A much lower flatter sidepod shape could allow a horizontal wing off the engine cover to channel air directly toward the lower diffuser element and allow cleaner air to also load the rear wing better as well. The outside of a very low sidepod shape could also be used to channel air flow rapidly into the coke bottle shape of the rear. I feel the dampening and rebounding of the car have much to do with the very odd, uncontrolled behavior of the race car. That is a big area to correct immediately. Finally, why can't they place a Vertical Turning Vane forward and to the inside edge of the rear tire with exhaust gases hitting the vertical vane to channel air toward the lower element of the diffuser. That "Acer Ducts" make no sense at all to me! It just fouls up air flow forward of the rear tire and kills that mass of air. I only see the "Acer Ducts" as an exit point for the air being drawn from the floor in which case that exit should be lower & flatter to the rear floor area. Ferrari have a lot of things to review and think about.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Honestly what are you talking about? Do you even recall half the comments you made during winter testing? You barked on about how the Ferrari was innovative and how it had a great design from an aerodynamic viewpoint, guess what it was all blah blah blah because now you've just gone on record and contradicted everything you said about the car before. You act as though you're the second coming of Adrian Newey by completely shooting down the Ferrari engineers, as if to say they have no knowledge on how to build a Formula 1 car. Hindsight is a great thing but claiming the car is utter rubbish after spending your whole winter saying it wasn't makes you look very stupid. You have no credibility whatsoever, you are an internet fraud.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    http://twitter.com/#!/PeterDWindsor/...09385340567552

He said this just after qualifying.
    I hope he is right and i do admire his enthusiasm but i do ask myself what he bases this on. I hope it's not merely due to him being an Alonso fan.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    I hope he is right and i do admire his enthusiasm but i do ask myself what he bases this on. I hope it's not merely due to him being an Alonso fan.
    He has normally been accused of being a Hamilton fan. But I guess it depends on who you praise.
    Anyways, this is not the time to get angry and for everyone.

You find out if a team is great by seeing what they do to achieve the win, and when they are not winning. Not when they are mopping the floor with everyone.
    Let's see what the bulls are made of. It should be no problem with Ferrari , as I think you would not be in this forum if you didn't believe Ferrari was a great team. More than 1000 victories in motorsport did not come without hard work.

Time to see what the greatest marque in the history of sport on wheels can do.

I cannot wait for the race, no matter what Ferrari do. Remember, even though the situations are different, if even 1 point is scored them it is a better start than 2008 and 2009.
    I believe in this car. They have expected what was coming, and they are not worrying or feeling sorry about themselves. They are working to sort this out like the great team that they are. And leaving the worrying and feeling worrying for their passionate fans, who are the best in the world, and will come together once again, to support this revival!!

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It's not about what Pat said at all. We are upsed that with the time we had (almost half of the year more than other top teams), we weren't able to produce not even remotely competitive car. It was from shock to shock. First shock was comments from testing. The second one comment from the team members. In that moment we were expecting that we are 0.5s behind. And finally the third shock came today, realizing that even that quite pessimistic estimate was way too optimistic after all. 1 second (that came from Alonso's mouth) behind McLaren is disasterous after the time and resources we had. Even without these it would be bad result.
    I understand what you are saying but the thing is that history has taught us that you cannot judge a whole season by one race or quali session.

The issue Ferrari have is not if they can make their car competitive but rather if they can do it in time.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Alonso would have got at least 7th in qualifying. Drivers of all teams off the track all weekend so keep it on the road and 4/5th maybe even better could be possible. Until car is sorted this would be a great result. I will reserve judgement until mid point of the season so we can properly see a line of progress or lack of. Mclaren drivers are going to take eachother out tommorow and start a civil war there. More concerned with us but things like that will make me feel a bit bettet.

FIRE DOMENICALLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED THAT PIECE OF CRAP JOSELUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS ARE THE PERFECT WORDS FOR US:

fAILURE
    DISASTER
    TRAGEDY

ITS ALL WE CAN SAY

I CANT BELIEVE IT..THEY ABANDONED F150 VERY EARLY TO DEVELOPED THIS PIECE OF CRAP CAR?? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING?
    MEN HEAD SHOULD ROLL..AND I THINK THERE IS NO MORE EXCUSE..FIRE DOMENICALLI..

IT HARD TO SWALLOW THAT WILLIAMS IS MUCH QUICKER THAN US..

ITS SO PAINFUL TO SEE THIS THINGS..AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN..

The foundations of our not to distant complete domination started with jran todt in1993 no titles until 1999 no run at any title until 1996. Currently in sport there is no patience. Newey had 4 seasons at Redbull before a title. Our team has had huge changes recently constantly removing and replacing people will mean we will always be in a state of flux. In other sports the same can be said alex ferguson went 5 years without a title and was close to being fired. We must give current team time to gel. So far dissapointing but this will always be the case unless when you make many changes you do not give time. Current design team with last major recruitments is a few months old.