Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 162728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1843

Thread: Australian Grand Prix 2012 - Albert Park - Race 1

We can only hope that Hamashima did some good job with those tires cos general consensus before Melbourne was :
    F2012 is a fast beast on one lap (reaching 107% without any problems) and on longer laps its just a beast that devours tires...
    so I cant see how we can get better in the race especially Massa who have just 2 sets of fresh tires, with Alonso we could maybe catch up up to points but if F2012 surprises us negatively again on long runs crunching those tires very fast then is some humiliation on program sadly...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    I refuse to flip out, just because Ferrari didn't get a one-two in Qualifying at the season opener!!
    We have done in the past, only to have a less than memorable rest of the season!!
    Besides, the first race hasn't even begun, so let's not predict gloom and doom and throw the baby out with the bath water!!
    Let's be the true Tifosi Ferrari deserves!!
    There is no point in second guessing what anyone on the team is thinking, basically because we do NOT have ALL the facts!!
    Trust, loyalty, team spirit, that's what true Ferrarista are about!!

GoGooooo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forzi View Post
    People should have this discusion elsewhere. Make a new thread or something. I come to this thread to read about how's everything at the race track, any news about what the team is thinking, driver comments, or atleast people discusing about these things ect. NOT to see how people are planing out the teams future by sacking everything in 10 kilometer radius of Maranello...
    pff, if this thread would be about dry facts e.g. quotes from other sites, it would be boring! If you need such info go to autosport and read news section or something... In TSN I expect to see tifosi reaction, their opinions etc. This is what makes this site great and even if fans bash Ferrari they do it out of disappointment, not hate (like everywhere else).

Anyway I was very positive about our chances up until fiasco today. I could accept -0.5s gap as an OK result (cos car is revolutionary to us) but 1s+ is too much. No way we can improve car that much without proper testing. So yeah we are screwed, in quali at least... Hopefully on long runs and with full tank, our car is much more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Don't forget - Brazil is the biggest marketsharewise market for FIAT. There is also a factory there. Massa in Ferrari team is a political (understand business) problem.
    Heh, that's just crazy talk, man. Massa was offered a drive because he was an upcoming talent during his days in Sauber. In 2008, Massa proved that he's a top driver capable of fighting for the world title.

And likewise, his future in Ferrari will be determined by his performance this year too. There's no other way about it. Luca DM don't hire a driver just to promote FIAT. We're Ferrari a racing team. Not a mobile advertisement like HRT.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    We can only hope that Hamashima did some good job with those tires cos general consensus before Melbourne was :
    F2012 is a fast beast on one lap (reaching 107% without any problems) and on longer laps its just a beast that devours tires...
    so I cant see how we can get better in the race especially Massa who have just 2 sets of fresh tires, with Alonso we could maybe catch up up to points but if F2012 surprises us negatively again on long runs crunching those tires very fast then is some humiliation on program sadly...
    Hamashima is a strong addition to our team but with the car sliding all over the place, I fear even him is not able to save them :( I am here, waiting for nice surprise tho! At least, we can be sure that tomorrow's race will be hell of a show.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    ...In TSN I expect to see tifosi reaction, their opinions etc. This is what makes this site great and even if fans bash Ferrari they do it out of disappointment, not hate (like everywhere else)...
    I think we're all disappointed, hogo! As Tifosi, it's probably harder to accept today's results especially because of the one-two up at the front!
    However, there really is no reason to give up the whole season, when the first race hasn't even started!
    And, there really is NO reason for us to turn on each other because we have different opinions!!

To be honest, at times, it seems like we're fall over ourselves to be the first to predict the season finale, based on very little "concrete evidence" of what the car is truly capable of and what our guys are capable of doing with the car. After all, we know that development continues over the course of a season and what we have "now" is not necessarily what the car will be, by the end of the season.

Only time will tell, so let's all temper our "extreme" predictions and enjoy the fact that we're racing, again!!

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    We can only hope that Hamashima did some good job with those tires...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Hamashima is a strong addition to our team but with the car sliding all over the place, I fear even him is not able to save them...
    I'm sorry; but, I seem to be "foncused"!! Isn't Hamashima Hamilton?
    Just asking because of his destructive performance last year and the fact that the first three letters are the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Everyone relax please, this is the race thread, we don't need bickering between members.... take it to pm if necessary, but please stop attacking each other or we'll start deleting posts and issuing warnings....

Thanks
    Agreed. Please stick to discussion about Australia.
    Forza Jules

What was the time difference betwween Alono's best time and hamiltons pole anyone????
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    What was the time difference betwween Alono's best time and hamiltons pole anyone????
    1.5s but Alonso was on used softs, so take of that time like 0.5s.

Alonso - 1:26.494
    Lewis - 1:24.922

About 1.5 seconds difference

Quote Originally Posted by sagi58 View Post
    I'm sorry; but, I seem to be "foncused"!! Isn't Hamashima Hamilton?
    Just asking because of his destructive performance last year and the fact that the first three letters are the same...
    No, he is not. But iI like your logic logic

He is our tyre expert, that we managed to "steal" from Bridgestone. He is really valuable asset.

1.5s, but then Ham was on newer tyres.
    In Q2, their time difference was 0.8s.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

whattttttttttttt ........ think we're in for a long season...
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

He is our tyre expert, that we managed to "steal" from Bridgestone. He is really valuable asset.
    oooops!!!

Thanks for the info!!

Disappointed, almost regret waking up so early to watch qualifying which lets face it was quite abysmal from Ferrari. Either way i'm glad it's McLaren at the front as opposed to the Red Bulls.
    I'll wake up for the race tomorrow hoping for something better from the Ferrari, but truth be told I'm not expecting anything positive from our team.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    1.5s, but then Ham was on newer tyres.
    In Q2, their time difference was 0.8s.
    I might be on my own but I think it's do able.. We were 1.5 secs behind this time last year and got it back to around 0.4 with a conservative car so this year it's definitely achieveable... looks bad now but wait and see...

Well, we can always look on the bright side.

at least Massa and Hamilton won't be getting together ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Effone View Post
    Well, we can always look on the bright side.

at least Massa and Hamilton won't be getting together ;)
    There is the situation of being lapped..........

There is the situation of being lapped..........
    I was "afraid" someone would say that!!

The only good news is Kimi still sucks

I might be on my own but I think it's do able.. We were 1.5 secs behind this time last year and got it back to around 0.4 with a conservative car so this year it's definitely achieveable... looks bad now but wait and see...
    The question is not whether it is doable or not, but how quickly it can happen.

Alonso himself has said, on several occasions, that to win a championship, you need a car which is able to be competitive immediately, not after a few races and tens of points lost. If you read his contribution to the press release today, you'll see that he said that the situation needs to be reversed "quickly".

Many of us are simply assuming that the competition will stand still. Yet, they are already talking about copying Mercedes' duct system, and goodness knows how many more things they have in store. If Ferrari is still scrambling to get the exhausts in the correct position, it may take too long to recover.

How did they manage to get it wrong after stopping the development of last year's car so early is a big mystery. It's like the have completely forgotten how to make a race car, because even the top speed is not amongst the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    The only good news is Kimi still sucks
    Still bet he´s going to give Massa a hard time tomorrow...

The problem cannot purely be down to exhuast config surely? There is a fundamental lack of grip on the car, the on board footage shows massive understeer and the car slipping about. I wonder if the new suspension could have anything to do with it, that and a poor setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Still bet he´s going to give Massa a hard time tomorrow...
    Well. Kimi is able to threw it away in the first turn...

Tomorrow:

1. It would be success to bring 1 Ferrari through the finish line.

2. Main problem is not the gap in the qualification, but the fact we can keep this gap only 2-3 laps. After that the situation becames rapidly worse. There were enough statements from Ferrari we shouldnt be worried about the qualification and what does that mean I suppose we will find out tomorrow.

3. Problems have only 3 stages of handling. a) Recognize there is a problem b) Find a solution of the problem c) Accomplish the solution.
    The lack of progress in 2nd test, 3rd test, FP1/2 and FP3/Qualification is showing we cannot work out the first stage. Reminds me on 2011 as we struggled in the same area (stage a, but in another context).

Quote Originally Posted by True Fan View Post
    The problem cannot purely be down to exhuast config surely? There is a fundamental lack of grip on the car, the on board footage shows massive understeer and the car slipping about. I wonder if the new suspension could have anything to do with it, that and a poor setup?
    I have a bad feeling about this as well. And the fact (as someone else pointed out in this thread) that the last team which was using the front pull-rod was wonderfully succesful Minardi is not helping me to feel any better.

I have a bad feeling about this as well. And the fact (as someone else pointed out in this thread) that the last team which was using the front pull-rod was wonderfully succesful Minardi is not helping me to feel any better.
    Well apparently its not a game changer, it allows better aerodyamic airflow apparently because the rods not obstructing airflow in the way int psuh rod config might do. But I think even Adrian Newey said, he couldnt see the point in it and it wasnt really needed, but pat fry says he did it cos he wanted to go for every single bit of performance available.

With our resources compaired to some of the smaller teams, we should be able to have 3 different cars to choose from come the first test. And then start the development from the best basis. I wounder what we look at now. Are we talking "understanding" a complex car, an small developments? Or scrapping the whole car and change like everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    With our resources compaired to some of the smaller teams, we should be able to have 3 different cars to choose from come the first test. And then start the development from the best basis. I wounder what we look at now. Are we talking "understanding" a complex car, an small developments? Or scrapping the whole car and change like everything.
    Understanding a complex car and big developments.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo