Thread: Second Barcelona Test 1st-4th Mar 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Briatore says:

Red Bull
    McLaren +0.2
    Mercedes +0.3
    Ferrari and Lotus +0.4-0.7

http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula1/10-0...85316356.shtml
    So we are about half a second behind Red bull with a car that is not even completed yet...Alonso's third title is closer than ever....

Quote Originally Posted by cvenkat View Post
    Updated Ferrari not expected until Spanish GP
    http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4...il_Spanish_GP/

Is this bad news for start of the season?
    What about China update ??

I wouldn't pay any attention to what Flav has to say, but come Melbourne qualifying, if we are about half a second off Red Bull on pure one lap pace, I'd happily take that (keeping the development potential of the car in mind).

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    What about China update ??
    Well Ferrari will have constant updates from now up to Spain and that includes updates at china. However, all teams prepare bigger update PACKAGES for Spain, it's been like this for years and these mainly consist of aero updates which change the car quite a bit.
    I hear that Ferrari tested an aero dynamic piece in Barcelona testing session and they know it's gives considerable gain in lap time. Whether they decide to race this or not for the first few races I don't know, they might just wait to have a fully working car before they bolt it on to keep it away from prying eyes.
    I personally hope by that by Spain we have a car worthy of challenging for titles., if not I'll consider the season over. We need the McLaren team or whoever to share the opening spoils with Red bull, that way we may just have a chance to challenge even if the car ain't ready for Barcelona.
    Anyway, can't wait for Australia, just want to see the season started
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    I wouldn't pay any attention to what Flav has to say, but come Melbourne qualifying, if we are about half a second off Red Bull on pure one lap pace, I'd happily take that (keeping the development potential of the car in mind).
    I'm curious, what would Ferrari fans think say if the gap was greater than a second or less than a second but near the second mark?

I'd be very disappointed, but hopeful we could turn it around....
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Lorca View Post
    Briatore says:

Red Bull
    McLaren +0.2
    Mercedes +0.3
    Ferrari and Lotus +0.4-0.7

http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula1/10-0...85316356.shtml
    fantastic news! Clearly not as bad as most sources wanted us to believe! Also don't forget that it's his opinion AFTER testing and Ferrari (also other teams) had ~2 more weeks to improve/ruin the car. So yeah let's just wait till Melbourne and see who's done the best job recently!

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    fantastic news! Clearly not as bad as most sources wanted us to believe! Also don't forget that it's his opinion AFTER testing and Ferrari (also other teams) had ~2 more weeks to improve/ruin the car. So yeah let's just wait till Melbourne and see who's done the best job recently!
    why does what flavio say make it fantastic?
    we're number one

If you followed news, most sources trashed our chances, but Flavio (who's right most of the time btw) didn't write-off us just yet. So yeah it's fantastic news :)
    Last edited by hogo; 11th March 2012 at 13:29.

Isn't half a second off already enough? I don't see how it could be called fantastic news, even if Flavio thinks Ferrari has made a step forward this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathay Pacific View Post
    Isn't half a second off already enough? I don't see how it could be called fantastic news, even if Flavio thinks Ferrari has made a step forward this year.
    a) half a second with revolutionary car and just after 3 test sessions is a VERY GOOD RESULT
    b) teams have 2 weeks to analyze data and prepare for Melbourne. Some may improve their cars and some won't. We will see in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Well Ferrari will have constant updates from now up to Spain and that includes updates at china. However, all teams prepare bigger update PACKAGES for Spain, it's been like this for years and these mainly consist of aero updates which change the car quite a bit.
    I hear that Ferrari tested an aero dynamic piece in Barcelona testing session and they know it's gives considerable gain in lap time. Whether they decide to race this or not for the first few races I don't know, they might just wait to have a fully working car before they bolt it on to keep it away from prying eyes.
    I personally hope by that by Spain we have a car worthy of challenging for titles., if not I'll consider the season over. We need the McLaren team or whoever to share the opening spoils with Red bull, that way we may just have a chance to challenge even if the car ain't ready for Barcelona.
    Anyway, can't wait for Australia, just want to see the season started
    You are not the first person that I've heard this from. Who is your source if you don't mind me asking?

I'm assuming Ferrari will want to bolt it on asap.

Just as much prying eyes at tests.
    Forza Ferrari

I hope we're no where slower than 0.5 second to Red Bull and Macca. Because if we are slower by 0.5 second a lap for example, then its not a matter of recovering 0.5 second, rather its about out-developing our rivals by 0.5 seconds! And this is just to catch up

We have to assume our rivals have many new ideas to work out and improve, Ferrari is not the only one. We've seen Red Bull for example trying out their own stuff.

I hope, we're on equal footing though. Not 0.5 seconds behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I hope we're no where slower than 0.5 second to Red Bull and Macca. Because if we are slower by 0.5 second a lap for example, then its not a matter of recovering 0.5 second, rather its about out-developing our rivals by 0.5 seconds! And this is just to catch up

We have to assume our rivals have many new ideas to work out and improve, Ferrari is not the only one. We've seen Red Bull for example trying out their own stuff.

It is not reasonable to expect Ferrari to be on an equal footing, although I would love for this to be true, but I agree that being that far behind could be problematic in the long run as other teams are not standing still either.

I'm clinging on to the hope that the learning curve on this car will speed up after 2 races.

Fernando joined twitter! And Marc Gene too, i suppose Massa will do it as well now?

https://twitter.com/#!/alo_oficial

https://twitter.com/#!/marc_gene

At least he had a haircut

Great news!! And thank goodness he had a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Fernando joined twitter! And Marc Gene too, i suppose Massa will do it as well now?

https://twitter.com/#!/alo_oficial

https://twitter.com/#!/marc_gene

At least he had a haircut
    Wow just been watching he's followers increasing 1.5k every 30 secs. I'm seriously considering twitter for the first time just to follow him
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

All go and follow Fernando. We have a record to break.

At least Ferrari are allowing the drivers now. I'm sure Rubens will convince Felipe to join at some point.
    Forza Jules

good stuff, and i agree about the hair. Forza twitter

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Asked if there was panic at Ferrari, he responded: "There is none of this, just an awareness of where we stand. We have been realistic when communicating about the problems we have had, because transparency is part of the way I go about things. The lack of satisfaction comes from the fact we did not meet our technical targets and so everything refers to ourselves. Where we are compared to the others, we do not know for certain and our lack of satisfaction might also turn out to be excessive. Having said this, a clearer picture of the hierarchy on track will only emerge after the first four races."

full article: http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsp...ory/72624.html

I don't believe that we are 0.5 seconds behind the top teams. I think we are on par with RB and Mclaren. I think all the disappointing comments and feelings from Ferrari is simply because we are not faster than them. I will be happy if we are on par in Australia and then blow them out of the water in the coming 4 races with updates.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Offtopic: I think it wouldnt be reasonably to write it in the other thread where you probably want to have only useful information and no replies, so I gonna write it here: lot of thanks for the perfectly structured information and links. I appreciate your work.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Asked if there was panic at Ferrari, he responded: "There is none of this, just an awareness of where we stand. We have been realistic when communicating about the problems we have had, because transparency is part of the way I go about things. The lack of satisfaction comes from the fact we did not meet our technical targets and so everything refers to ourselves. Where we are compared to the others, we do not know for certain and our lack of satisfaction might also turn out to be excessive. Having said this, a clearer picture of the hierarchy on track will only emerge after the first four races."

I don't believe that we are 0.5 seconds behind the top teams. I think we are on par with RB and Mclaren. I think all the disappointing comments and feelings from Ferrari is simply because we are not faster than them. I will be happy if we are on par in Australia and then blow them out of the water in the coming 4 races with updates.
    I agree, we are in much better shape than the media believe us to be in. Wether it will be enough to challenge the others before our upgrade is unknown until we get to Melbourne. Not long now.. I'm in good spirits about our chances as a whole for this year though.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

it might be.
    it might be that the ferrari is just par with the rb8 or the mclarens.
    i think what makes them disappointed is the fact they started the design of the car much earlier than the rb or mclaren. they might be expecting that they are quicker to them of about 1.0s but only par.
    who knows? it will be what? 6 days to qualifying. and the pace will be unleashed for every team. no more tactics.
    Hell would have broken loose

stop holding onto imaginary hope.. it will crash down on you come friday... i do hope I am wrong but I doubt we will be racing for the win come friday.
    Once again... hope I am wrong.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    stop holding onto imaginary hope.. it will crash down on you come friday... i do hope I am wrong but I doubt we will be racing for the win come friday.
    There's nothing to win on friday. :) Other than that, I agree with you. I'm not expecting a positive surprise, which would be anything better than about 5th place for me... But I'm fairly positive on the long-term potential of the car.

Btw, this is my 1st post here (I'm reading these forums for a few months now), so Hi, everybody! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Why don't you change your signature then. Obviously you don't believe we are number 1. It should say we are number 5&6...maybe worse. I have hope and am optimistic! Forza Ferrari
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Weather forecast for Melbourne on Friday:
    Chance of rain 90%
    Rain and thunderstorms

not so good for testing our car...

Why don't you change your signature then. Obviously you don't believe we are number 1. It should say we are number 5&6...maybe worse. I have hope and am optimistic! Forza Ferrari
    Ferrari is much bigger that the 2012 season..or race 1 of the 2012 season...thats why we are number 1..
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Mister eX View Post
    There's nothing to win on friday. :) Other than that, I agree with you. I'm not expecting a positive surprise, which would be anything better than about 5th place for me... But I'm fairly positive on the long-term potential of the car.

Btw, this is my 1st post here (I'm reading these forums for a few months now), so Hi, everybody! :)
    Welcome to the forum
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...