Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161728 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Barcelona Test 1st-4th Mar 2012 - news and pics

they use similar exhaust position as RBs. First position (Acer ducts) will be probably scraped so they can make the back of the car even tighter...

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    Mercedes with double diffuser:
    Interesting. Wonder where does the air comes from..

"Ferrari make large modifications on F2012, this is why F. Mass isn't on the track."

thanks for posting that

If we will concentrate our development on blowing the beam/rear wing and not the brake-ducts I wonder how long it will take until Ferrari removes those sidepods tunnels in the back, or at least shrink them.

I think if we would cut off those channels in the back we would have a really compact rear-end.

Massa is setting off too, with hard tyres on the Ferrari.

Massa is eight laps into his current stint, which has mostly been between mid-1m25s and mid-1m26s.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    If we will concentrate our development on blowing the beam/rear wing and not the brake-ducts I wonder how long it will take until Ferrari removes those sidepods tunnels in the back, or at least shrink them.
    Yeah, that's true. I think we still haven't removed those sidepods because we still are testing different options. But i'm sure when they decide it's better to blow the rear wing instead of the brakes, we will see that part removed/compacted.

interesting, rosberg starts a new stint on softs and quickly does 1m24.057s +0.547
    Meanwhile massa did 1m24.318s +0.808 on the hard tyre..
    IM not sure how much fuel was in massa's car and how far into his stint it was..
    While rosberg was at the start of his new stint which would probably go for 10 laps

Wow look at the amount of laps allready been done by all teams.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    Yeah, that's true. I think we still haven't removed those sidepods because we still are testing different options. But i'm sure when they decide it's better to blow the rear wing instead of the brakes, we will see that part removed/compacted.
    They are not blowing the brakes.they are pointing it at the space btw the brake duct & rear wing,to partially achieve the lost donforce lost by BD ban.

in
    They are not blowing the brakes.they are pointing it at the space btw the brake duct & rear wing,to partially achieve the lost donforce lost by BD ban.
    in contrast to that, where is merc and mclaren blowing thier exhausts?
    Redbull same as ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    OK, but that is now. I think on other days we tried to blow the vanes next to the brake ducts, so the exhausts were pointing more to the outside. If we finally decide to point them to the space you described (more to the inside), then we should be able to compact/remove that sidepod-tunnel area.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    in
    in contrast to that, where is merc and mclaren blowing thier exhausts?
    Redbull same as ferrari?
    Currently Red bull blowing their beam wing.
    Mclaren is doing the same as us,though they have not tried anythin diff.
    Merc is channeling the exhaust through their double diffuser cofig.

OK, but that is now. I think on other days we tried to blow the vanes next to the brake ducts, so the exhausts were pointing more to the outside. If we finally decide to point them to the space you described (more to the inside), then we should be able to compact/remove that sidepod-tunnel area.
    They have been doin that since the beginning.The media thought they were aimin at the ducts.
    The exhaust outlets sre also used to remove air entering the sidepods to cool the engine.u need a new engine cover for the other exhaust config.they did not have time to make it,thats one of the reason why they had postponed their test by a day.

lol. I'm guessing thats where the exhaust gas exit as well?

There is no double diffuser config allowed under the current regulation, that hole Mercedes has it's probably the starter motor hole, even if they are blowing that hole the benefits are far smaller than a double diffuser.

Have a look at this, the RB uses the suspension to direct exhausts
    http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2012/0/938.html

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiuCojo View Post
    There is no double diffuser config allowed under the current regulation, that hole Mercedes has it's probably the starter motor hole, even if they are blowing that hole the benefits are far smaller than a double diffuser.
    Its not exactly a DD,but a rectangular step above the main one.
    http://t.co/F8bu5GJb

Seems like the general consensus is that the best use of exhaust gas is towards the lower rear wing element or diffuser.

Even Ferrari is looking into it. Won't surprise me if Ferrari abandoned its original idea of blowing those ducts on the wheel.

Hi Guys, I`m new to the forum, massive f1 fan here (Ferrari of course), enjoy reading all your comments and hope to eventually contribute to your great topics.

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarchar View Post
    Hi Guys, I`m new to the forum, massive f1 fan here (Ferrari of course), enjoy reading all your comments and hope to eventually contribute to your great topics.

welcome to the forum
    ; you'll have a blast on here
    you just have to put up with some weird people from time to time, but all in all is a GREAT SITE and a bunch of Ferrari fans that share the DEEP passion of what Ferrari means to them as well as respect each other
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Welcome! fastcarchar...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

welcome to the forum
    ; you'll have a blast on here
    you just have to put up with some weird people from time to time, but all in all is a GREAT SITE and a bunch of Ferrari fans that share the DEEP passion of what Ferrari means to them as well as respect each other
    Thank you Ferrarif60, true gent

New beam wing:

Old beam wing:

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarchar View Post
    Welcome!
    Cheers,
    Ray

"Other teams may be fast, but the poetry, the romance, of F1 racing belongs to Ferrari."-Dan Niel, LA Times

Quote Originally Posted by Fer12 View Post
    They have been doin that since the beginning.The media thought they were aimin at the ducts.
    The exhaust outlets sre also used to remove air entering the sidepods to cool the engine.u need a new engine cover for the other exhaust config.they did not have time to make it,thats one of the reason why they had postponed their test by a day.
    But Fer,

Compare this :

ferrari-exhaust-inline.jpg

To this:

Ferrari-F2012-Auspuff-fotoshowImage-58f16bd9-572018.jpg

If we decide to use the second one, i still think we can make that exhaust outlet much more compact, and i think they will.