Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 71819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Barcelona Test 1st-4th Mar 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    At least for Melbourne. But as far as i know, the race is not over yet...or do you have a 100% working crystal ball?
    So your crystal ball says we will win after Melbourne then?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So we best lower expectations for the opening races then
    For the first few races atleast.The problem has been that we do not have enough time to try different things with the car.the whole of testing has only been ..well conducting tests for ferrari..but we have plenty of time to learn atleast from these unconventional tracks such as albert park..they will be an extended test session for tire performance & reliability.As for aerodynamics the main problem has been exhausts not working properly,around which the whole car has been based.the few races will just be
    making do with watev alternate solution we have until the original solution is ready..we will not be challenging top teams consistently until we have all the pieces on the car working as they should.only then will the car be the force we all hope it to be.We could have just copied the solutions from one of the other teams and make it work,but ferrari have promised us that they will be innovative and create their own solutions.(Unlike Mclaren shamelessly did last year)
    As for Mclaren,their car has essentially remained the same from last year,the only thing changing is the exhaust.they are in a position that we were last year(less innovative)
    we will have to wait n see how they develop their car..
    This years are simple compared to last year cars,so there is little chance to go wrong.You have to consider that ferrari have gone against the grain by doing something they dont understand (Mclaren did not choose the step nose cause they did not understand the concept of high noses).
    So we will have to be patient till ferrari are back on their feet.we know they can...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So your crystal ball says we will win after Melbourne then?
    It says: 'i have no idea'. But to be honest- all that talking down of Ferrari is the perfect anti-jinx for me. I always cringe when everything seem to be too positive. Murphy is a close relative of mine.

RBR is doing constant speed aerodynamic tests on the last day of test, if Ferarri did i cant imagine what the media would say.

doesn't look like the gills are open, but are just there to change the airflow... because if they where open isn't it illegal ?

if does look like the renault from 2005/2006

http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars...2005/r25_2.jpg
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Who the F.... is Joseluis ????

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroFA View Post
    exactly the same as yesterday, so the new parts will be bolted on in the afternoon ?
    Is this why Joseluis is saying to pay attention in the afternoon ?
    I'm not sure that's duct tape - I think its that thermal measuring stuff - it would help them understand the rate and location of expansion of the exhaust gases as it reaches various parts - well that's my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post

http://twitter.com/#!/joseluisf1

pretty accurate about updates etc..

We have no idea. He is wearing a Guy- Fawkes- mask, though.

Duct tape holds the world together!

duct tape, where???
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Hmmm..... this guy is a little bit weird. He write that they decided to test different Setups on the afternoon. No Long Run.

lol. Everywhere. Its on the suspension, brown.

Hmmm..... this guy is a little bit weird. He write that they decided to test different Setups on the afternoon. No Long Run.
    Guess we'll soon find out soon if its true or he's just guessing all the stuff

Massa yesterday and Alonso today

So rumours are true: Ferrari gone back to the first exhaust position. I think thats good news.

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    Massa yesterday and Alonso today

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...M3uvA8x~NjmBI_

So rumours are true: Ferrari gone back to the first exhaust position. I think thats good news.
    that's not the launch spec...they haven't gone back, would be a bit strange if they did after Fry said they changed it because it didn't give them the exact results they were expecting and had to develop it further...

there are more rumours and bashing during testing then the entire race season combined. these threads are real good in showing who the real ferrari fans are. my god do you even hear yourself people???????????? we havent even gotten to first practise session let alone the first RACE and all i see is bashing and how 2012 season is over. half the people in this thread should apply to work for ferrari because you have such knowledge about everything and everybody and know exactly how many downforce points each team has with each upgrade.

Anybody had a good look at the broken RB FW. The pitch down angle after it broke is strange. My theory is that the front wing is probably straightened to its normal angle using some clever cables within the wing and the tension of the cable changes with aero load hence flexes as per the load. I believe RB has found a way to beat the load test...

lol. Everywhere. Its on the suspension, brown.
    Its' not duct tape, I think its what I mentioned, temp measurement strips. If you look closely you can see blocks on them, these indicate the temp reached - well that's my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by dmkevin View Post
    Anybody had a good look at the broken RB FW. The pitch down angle after it broke is strange. My theory is that the front wing is probably straightened to its normal angle using some clever cables within the wing and the tension of the cable changes with aero load hence flexes as per the load. I believe RB has found a way to beat the load test...
    Scarb did mentioned that the damage wing looks strange too, the opposite of what a broken wing normally would be

We have no idea. He is wearing a Guy- Fawkes- mask, though.

apparently he's a neurosurgeon...

Quote Originally Posted by NJB13 View Post
    Its' not duct tape, I think its what I mentioned, temp measurement strips. If you look closely you can see blocks on them, these indicate the temp reached - well that's my understanding
    Yes, i was trying to make a joke. Maybe was a lame one for you, but i still find it funny

that's not the launch spec...they haven't gone back, would be a bit strange if they did after Fry said they changed it because it didn't give them the exact results they were expecting and had to develop it further...
    What was told earlier today is Ferrari stopped trying blow the wing and gone back to blowing the brakes. The changed direction of the exhaust above just confirmed it.

Isn't the photo above of the new exhaust cover? Because didn't the older one have bits cut out?

Yes, i was trying to make a joke. Maybe was a lame one for you, but i still find it funny
    Well, I'm a bit of a dill then - sorry mate

Anyone got any idea what we are up to, waiting for the pasta to digest?

Yeah, working on his own brain

What was told earlier today is Ferrari stopped trying blow the wing and gone back to blowing the brakes. The changed direction of the exhaust above just confirmed it.

told by who...check the exhaust we had in Jerez or even in Barcelona the first test and compare them...the exhaust on the photo isn't the same as the launch spec it's placed more inwards whereas the launch spec exhaust was exactly in the acer tubing..

apparently he's a neurosurgeon...
    Yeah, Working on his own brain

BBC Sport's chief F1 writer Andrew Benson
    "World champion Sebastian Vettel has given an impromptu and short media briefing over lunch. 'This morning I went off track and broke the front wing,' he said, 'and then it took quite a while to get back out. Then just before lunch I suffered a problem with the gearbox and we have to fix it and get back out.' Asked for his view of the new parts on the Red Bull, he said: 'It wouldn't be fair so far to judge it because I have done so few laps.' And on his views on testing and the position he is in heading into the season, he said: 'You never really know where you are until you get to Melbourne and everyone puts their cards down and you show what you have got in qualifying. In testing, you always have things you hope were better, there are not many years you can give yourselves a 10 out of 10. Overall we can be quite happy, happier than five and less than 10. Somewhere in between."