Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 61718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Barcelona Test 1st-4th Mar 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    It seems that RedBull is in so much trouble with this new car they brought it yesterday. Actually they look worse than Ferrari in Jerez, much worse.
    No Problem, Vettel had a problem on the Track. The frontwing is broken.

Looks like Lotus wants to win the wintertest championship.

11:56 A 1m22.030s for the Lotus driver, over two tenths of a second quicker than Alonso. It's the fastest time we have seen in all the pre-season at Barcelona

11:54 Raikkonen goes top!

11:54 Raikkonen is on softs, as the track temperature reaches 32.8 C. Higher than it's been all day, as expected, perhaps

Outlap, fast lap, boxes.

It amazes me how people say our competitors seem to be in trouble but they jump the gun if anybody comments on how they see Ferrari at the moment.

Fry is speaking today, but imo, the drivers were just prevented from doing formal press conferences, there was no gag order. i bet even that the driver may have even requested that they don't want to face the media BS yet. this is all media BS, AMuS is just as bad as others imo.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Looks like Lotus wants to win the wintertest championship.
    exactly what i was thinking the want to make much headlineas as possible.

why the little laps from vettel anyone know ?

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Fry is speaking today, but imo, the drivers were just prevented from doing formal press conferences, there was no gag order. i bet even that the driver may have even requested that they don't want to face the media BS yet. this is all media BS, AMuS is just as bad as others imo.
    AMuS already talking about counting the f2012 to the flop-cars of the f1 history!

Looking forward to it.

Fry sounded pretty honest in his last interview, and I think its good. At least it gives us a picture of where we stand.

Lotus F1 Team ‏ @Lotus_F1Team
    And he's back in the pits once more, that last run short and sweet for the #Iceman

If what Alonso said is true then how is the media making up BS?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    And he's back in the pits once more, that last run short and sweet for the #Iceman

Very short. Outlap- fast lap- pits.

lotus is doing one tweet every 30 seconds
    they clearly want to get the attention.

Stay tuned to @Lotus_F1Team for the final part of our pre-season testing adventure, with a race sim planned for Kimi this afternoon #F1
    Last edited by OSS EL BOSS; 4th March 2012 at 11:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If what Alonso said is true then how is the media making up BS?
    i wasnt referring to what Alonso said being BS. i was referring to what the media would be like, if they went into the PCs yesterday. they would have to deal with questions similar to Hock 2010, which is BS, imo.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    It amazes me how people say our competitors seem to be in trouble but they jump the gun if anybody comments on how they see Ferrari at the moment.
    Who, besides myself, says that our competitors are in trouble? :D Grillo, you are one of many here that paint doom and gloom for us. It's boring and depressing, at least wait till the end of race in Mellbourne...

i wasnt referring to what Alonso said being BS. i was referring to what the media would be like, if they went into the PCs yesterday. they would have to deal with questions similar to Hock 2010, which is BS, imo.
    As a fan I would much rather hear the truth from the team, rather than pretty PR BS.
    Forza Ferrari

I knew Lotus where on a glory run with that last lap, jeez they really need to please their sponsors:

As a fan I would much rather hear the truth from the team, rather than pretty PR BS.
    me too, that is one of the things i admire about them.
    i did not mean the drivers or team speaking BS, but the reporters asking stupid questions, like Hockenheim. i imagine that the team would not enjoy that, so they decided to sit out these press conferences maybe.

Sheesh I love how the minute anything is said about Alonso then it's bashing, if Ferrari asked the drivers not to speak to the media then they should not speak to the media, no bashing.
    Doubt it of ALO spoke to the media , it's just the media inventing something to write...

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    Who is saying that? for now, all i have read only concentrates on Ferrari being 'in trouble'...even a broken frontwing for RB and not exactly putting the world on fire in the tests so far doesn't even raise an eyebrow! Everybody seems to automatically assume that it means nothing and they will blow everybody away in Melbourne!

RB just announced that they are not doing race sim in the afternoon but testing new parts instead. But of course only Ferrari is having problems, nobody else.

Btw this has been the 'source' for what Fernando allegedly said:

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/alo...asdasmot_1/Tes

AS...oh well, whatever.

Who is saying that? for now, all i have read only concentrates on Ferrari being 'in trouble'...even a broken frontwing for RB and not exactly putting the world on fire in the tests so far doesn't even raise an eyebrow! Everybody seems to automatically assume that it means nothing and they will blow everybody away in Melbourne!

RB just announced that they are not doing race sim in the afternoon but testing new parts instead. But of course only Ferrari is having problems, nobody else.

Btw this has been the 'source' for what Fernando allegedly said:

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/alo...asdasmot_1/Tes

AS...oh well, whatever.

well he DID say it... just go to barca tv and there is the interview with him...

http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/pri...a-es-un-placer
    Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

So we best lower expectations for the opening races then
    Forza Ferrari

Duct tape holds the world together!

it seem so..

let's hope he's just playing mind games...but to be honest the way he said it doesn't inspire confidence in that

At least for Melbourne. But as far as i know, the race is not over yet...or do you have a 100% working crystal ball?

Vettels RB have to change the Gearbox again. Its the third broken gearbox on testing. They will spend about 2 hours for Work.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Vettels RB have to change the Gearbox again. Its the third broken gearbox on testing. They will spend about 2 hours for Work.
    But of course RB is NOT in trouble. They can walk on water, you know.

Btw i see Fernando smiling and very relaxed. He only seems to implicate they are not yet where they want to be- which has been blowing away the rest of the field right from the beginning. Not going to happen i suppose, but that is about all we know so far. And we don't even know that for sure.

Lets hope it will rain in melbourne and malaysia before we bring our first major update in china, especially because our car heats the tyre up quickly.

well, those 2 races are notorious for dodgy weather.

and we came back into it in 2006.

and Alonso's picture paints it as improvement, but no crisis at least.

Duct tape holds the world together!

exactly the same as yesterday, so the new parts will be bolted on in the afternoon ?
    Is this why Joseluis is saying to pay attention in the afternoon ?

FIA notations: