Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 51617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Barcelona Test 1st-4th Mar 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe he should do as told and not speak to the media....
    Or maybe he should do whatever he pleases.

11:19 Alonso hits the 50-lap marker. That's still less than Hamilton and Senna (53 each) have managed

Autosport hits again!

OK guys. I'm new here but have reading all the threads. I speak Italian, German and English, the last one a little bit worse. And from all i have read in the Italian, German and English Reports the Reds are not as Worse as the English pages are telling. It seems that they are pretty good on Qualifing but have to Improve on the Long runs. The tyres are suffering to much but i dont know why.
    The car needs Work. You can see it because Massa is lapping the same times as Alonso. Remind the Last Year !

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeF1 View Post
    Are Ferrari paying him millions to do as he pleases?

Anyway, is there a link to prove that he actually even said that?
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeF1 View Post
    Or maybe he should respect what Ferrari ask them to do.

Welcome back Butterfly.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    OK guys. I'm new here but have reading all the threads. I speak Italian, German and English, the last one a little bit worse. And from all i have read in the Italian, German and English Reports the Reds are not as Worse as the English pages are telling. It seems that they are pretty good on Qualifing but have to Improve on the Long runs. The tyres are suffering to much but i dont know why.
    The car needs Work. You can see it because Massa is lapping the same times as Alonso. Remind the Last Year !
    thanks for the info good to hear other country reports not just the english as they are always very anti ferrari welcome here by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post

No, Ferrari are paying him millions for his brilliant driving skills. They lost him the title in 2010 and continue to completely f*** up his career with retarded management and pathetic PR.

Hope that clears it up for you, mate.

No, Ferrari are paying him millions for his brilliant driving skills. They lost him the title in 2010 and continue to completely f*** up his career with retarded management and pathetic PR.

Hope that clears it up for you, mate.

I think it all comes down to tire wear and tire behavior as it relates to fuel load. Everyone will encounter this same kind of variation performance with changing fuel loads and it for the team that find both the raw speed (which is a function of drag vs. downforce) and the means to reduce rapid tires wear due to "scrub losses". Things like Oversteer and Understeer contribute heavily toward "lateral" loading of the tires which reduces grip and wears the tires. One must understand that maximum grip is generated when downforce is acting upon the race car in the longitudinal (long length) direction of the race car. This front to rear directional air load rushing over, under & through the race car is the fullest use of downforce loading of the chassis and the tires are at their maximum contact patch which in turn is the most advantageous for maximum grip. As the car changes direction and goes through a turn much more uneven air loads are applied to the race car and the suspension is compressed on one side and lightend on the other. This uneven load situation on the race car causes the Yaw, Pitch and Roll of the race car to change while turning which has a very big impact in what line the race car can maintain. The suspension (dampening, rebound, chamber settings) and the changes in varying Aero load on the race car cause the race car's grip to change and cause wear in the tires. Scrub or squirming of the tires latterally causes losses in grip and heat build up in the tires causing rapid wear. The whole concept is to maintain a uniform tire contact patch with the road at all times that follows the direction of the race car which is in maximum grip and do not have the race car move latterally and lose grip, generate heat and wear the tires. Ferrari, like all teams seek to find the biggest window of grip they can and to have more suppleness in tranitioning from grip to slide. I think the fundementals of the lowest CoG possible play a big part in having a race car that behaves in manner to offer maximum grip without roll and loss of latteral grip. The Ferrari design has this in mind and it is engineered to have an exceptional low CoG as compared to their last race car. Now Ferrari have to balance the forces acting on the race car to give the greatest consistency of grip. The Ferrari F2012 race car is a fast race car and we know they are working hard to find the right settings to keep it fast for the entire race. The Ferrari Engineers will get there but we need to be patient!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

It won't make the car any better with some here starting to bash the driver. Btw if the car is a bit worse than the 2 best soccer players in the world- not all is lost

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    It won't make the car any better with some here starting to bash the driver. Btw if the car is a bit worse than the 2 best soccer players in the world- not all is lost
    its like saying the new car is worse than Ferrari F2004 and F2002.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Good point!

agree

Sheesh I love how the minute anything is said about Alonso then it's bashing, if Ferrari asked the drivers not to speak to the media then they should not speak to the media, no bashing.
    Forza Ferrari

0.180 covers the top 6
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sheesh I love how the minute anything is said about Alonso then it's bashing, if Ferrari asked the drivers not to speak to the media then they should not speak to the media, no bashing.
    I didn't hear anything like a gag- order from Ferrari. They just said there would be no driver interviews at the circuit (mainly to the english press i assume, and maybe for good reasons). And now they announced a press conference anyway, so lets wait and see, ok?

i want to know why Alonso was on Barca tv, being a Real fan?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Craig Scarborough ‏
    Red Bull, there's something very odd about the failure mode of this front wing bit.ly/Asnyve for it to fail tail up & not nose down?

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    i want to know why Alonso was on Barca tv, being a Real fan?
    because they have messi and iniesta

I didn't hear anything like a gag- order from Ferrari. They just said there would be no driver interviews at the circuit (mainly to the english press i assume, and maybe for good reasons). And now they announced a press conference anyway, so lets wait and see, ok?
    Ah the good old English press, so Ferrari can only speak to the Italian, Bild and Amus then? cause they are always honest hahaha

So Alonso says we are not in a good position, yet the press report the same and they are wrong, maybe you can work it out
    Forza Ferrari

Not sure what prompted Ferrari to do this, but I can't imagine that the 'Massa sacked!!' rumour on Twitter on Friday night that some morons started helped matters, as @InsideFerrari seemed pretty narked about it.
    Forza Jules

Not sure what prompted Ferrari to do this, but I can't imagine that the 'Massa sacked!!' rumour on Twitter on Friday night that some morons started helped matters, as @InsideFerrari seemed pretty narked about it.
    Probably, yes. Maybe we will hear some things from Fry today.

It seems that RedBull is in so much trouble with this new car they brought it yesterday. Actually they look worse than Ferrari in Jerez, much worse.