Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363748 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Barcelona Test 1st-4th Mar 2012 - news and pics

Sorry guys, in some forums of other sites people are feeling more confident about Ferrari than we do about our own team. I dont get it. But feel free to be as pessimistic as you want to, maybe you would be nicely surprised in Australia.
    Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by FER View Post
    We havent see final rear, front wing, exhaust and floor of our car so far. That will happen in Australia. Do you have a cristal ball or how do you know how good/bad is Ferrari?
    Guys its official we have designed a lemon .......................first of all pls sack this s*** stefano, he his good for nothing.

We havent see final rear, front wing, exhaust and floor of our car so far. That will happen in Australia. Do you have a cristal ball or how do you know how good/bad is Ferrari?
    And when do we wnat to test it? That's exactly what I said. It looks, like we don't know what to do and we are circling between the old and newer parts over and over. If there are any new, untested parts, well I am not sure, after what we saw till now, they will work immediately and will require a lot of fine tunning. But tests are all over tomorrow.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT PALIO View Post
    Guys its official we have designed a lemon .......................first of all pls sack this s*** stefano, he his good for nothing.
    Log off and stay away
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Log off and stay away
    Can tolerate anothe season of RB dominance.........................Hate to see that finger again

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT PALIO View Post
    Can tolerate anothe season of RB dominance.........................Hate to see that finger again
    Log off, stay away and stop watching F1 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No certainly do not have a crystal ball, but so far what we see on track is not good, pulling our drivers from media interviews seems strange also.
    I see us doing many laps what is always good. If the team itself cannot detect the direction in pre-season (remember pre-season 2011) is it good or bad, on what are you building your oppinion. This wasnt a question, just think about it.
    Cya.

T van R Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    :D

Ferrari man is thinking he is invisible

I know there is a lot of pressure on the team.Also,naturally we are impatient and we look forward to succsess but it seems it takes some time.I'm not falling despair and dont care what these journalists and commantators said.All i know is we have still 2 weeks and one last testing day.I dont know how much problems will be solved in the first race or we begin to understand whole car but i hope it wont exceed 2or 3 races.Otherwise i may be begin to worry.

Did we use used tyres again in our race sim?
    Forza Ferrari

This is a really dangerous game that Ferrari are playing. It can either end really well or there will be a lot of egg on a lot of people's faces.

Not using the Melbourne spec for at least a few days on a brand new car is just crazy, in my opinion. I hope there are a raft of new parts for tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath... we've heard about this new package for a while and it has yet to make an appearance.

That being said, if it does show up tomorrow it would not surprise me as initially Ferrari wanted to move the test to Sunday & Monday so I guess it would make sense that the new parts were going to always arrive on Sunday. Who knows though. Tomorrow will decide a lot...

come on folks god sake, you honestly think Macca and RBR are really honestly showing their true pace? that come Melbourne they will be happy to be behind Sauber and Torro Rosso, no. No one is bashing Macca for only 44 laps today and Webber only being 8th on timing sheets. Lets face it, all top teams dont want to go full pace as it will show other teams what we got already, why do it now and by time get to first race your rivals have found that extra pace to beat you. It better to hold back bit, collect data, do set up changes etc etc and come the first race, blow your competition out of the water.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Here I am. Sorry I have not posted for a few days. We are seeing the final days of the Testing Season now and all those ideas in the Wind Tunnel and in CFD modeling are being tried. These last few days of testing are when the final configuration of the race cars emerge as the cars that will be raced at the first race. It is interesting that Red Bull seems more frantic this year in awaiting their final spec for their race car and the seem to have put less thought . Ferrari have had a mountain to climb with such a different race car to hone and a new person assuming the total burden of responsibility in Pat Fry. Engineers are Engineers and in the end it is those who do the best job in understanding and directing where Air Load is applied to the race car are the ones to perform the best. It seems to me that Ferrari are encountering vortex air about the race car that is causing tire degradation that they did not find in the Wind Tunnel, in CFD Modeling or in the Simulator. The new Pull Rod design Front & Rear suspension seems to have forced them to understand the new dynamics of mechanical grip of the race car no matter how simillar to the old push rod setup. Ferrari have made such a big change to the race car design that they just have much more work than the other teams to do to get it right. The big plus is the car does not seem slow and when they have finally optimized the set up, they will have a more extreme design that should put them ahead. Maximum Aero Shape, Maximum Aero Downforce, Optimum Center of Gravity, Opimum use of the tires, this all spells of the most advanced designed car running the fastest lap times. McLaren have been rather quiet in their work other than the few mimor systems problems. Lotus, like always will have a fast car but is Kimi up to the task is a big question? Mercedes will certainly improve step by step for that is the Brawn/Bell/ Costa/ Willis way. They will be solid and fast.

Honestly, it is very hard to measure where the teams are but just taking last years car like Red Bull have done, remove the banned devices from last year and hope that the car is still the fastest is hardly a wise direction to take a race car. I think if Ferrari can balance the load, front and rear and keep that load consistent they will have a best car on the track. Have faith in knowing that Ferrari are masters at developing a race car and getting the most out of a concept!

ciao.

Forza Ferrari.

I see us doing many laps what is always good. If the team itself cannot detect the direction in pre-season (remember pre-season 2011) is it good or bad, on what are you building your oppinion. This wasnt a question, just think about it.
    Cya.
    It's not about kilometers, It's not about times. It's about the information we are getting throughout the testing. And these are not possitive. (I am not talking abou that Jose Luis)

Its always good to cry looking for someone to hold you and whisper to you some nice words so that you calm down under the protection of an iron wing. Its written in the psychology books, what you guys are showing here.

I am not concerned with the lap times, the comments coming from Ferrari are mostly negative IMO, lot's of "lot's of work" statements which to me suggests we are simply not where we expected to be. And now our drivers not allowed to speak to the media, just seems very negative.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It's not about kilometers, It's not about times. It's about the information we are getting throughout the testing. And these are not possitive. (I am not talking abou that Jose Luis)
    And how does it look the information the team gathered today? What do you mean by writing "not positive"? So its negative, how do you know - you looked into the sheets, analyzed the seen facts and made a final conclusion based on your Master degree in Aero Science.

Id maybe find time later and come back. Heads up, negative infos mostly came from media, which know often less than forum user/fans do. Cya

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Nobody would pull off their drivers from media interviews if their car would be ahead of everyone, or at least competitive, because nobody cares what others think, till others turns out to be right.
    Last edited by M.K; 3rd March 2012 at 16:35.
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Ferrari did that because these jurnos started asking annoying questions,things that the drivers couldn answer..

well, even if the car is a little behind, i believe it has massive potential. and, a chase is better anyways

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Sorry guys, in some forums of other sites people are feeling more confident about Ferrari than we do about our own team. I dont get it. But feel free to be as pessimistic as you want to, maybe you would be nicely surprised in Australia.
    Bye.
    Its always good to cry looking for someone to hold you and whisper to you some nice words so that you calm down under the protection of an iron wing. Its written in the psychology books, what you guys are showing here.
    Relax, we are just commenting on what we see at the moment. Things can change, I hope just that.

And how does it look the information the team gathered today? What do you mean by writing "not positive"? So its negative, how do you know - you looked into the sheets, analyzed the seen facts and made a final conclusion based on your Master degree in Aero Science.

Id maybe find time later and come back. Heads up, negative infos mostly came from media, which know often less than forum user/fans do. Cya
    Supporting the team is one thing and living in fools paradise is another thing.........

It's sad to see that Ferrari mechanic looking over at the RB8, I remember when it used to be the exact opposite and it was the Ferrari that every mechanic was trying to spy on.

It think it is important to put things in perspective. All the teams have a shape (car) that has mass, weight downforce and drag. All teams
    have four wheels connecting that car to the road. Ferrari's race car is not lemon and it will be one of the top cars. In time, when the concept is developed more fully Ferrari will have a very fast race car. Those that wish to be critical of Ferrari, I ask you, what was the Ferrari team suppose to do when designing a a new race car??? Walk away from the sport??? No, Ferrari have a very talented group of Engineers and their only reason for being is the design cutting edge race cars! No one has the right to critic any car testing before we have even reached the first race. Qualifying at the first race and the results are what matter. Right now Ferrari are working flat out to make this car fast and reliable. The car's concept & design are extreme comparede to the other teams and all the have to do is make it perform to the best of its ability.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Either you are not following the testing as closely as some of us or you just don't care. But we have problems, it's 100% sure. If we would be fine we would never hear stuff like "we are not satisfied" or "we are in reasonable form" or "we understand the 20% of the car" or "we have a lot of work ahead of us"... We would hear "the car feels great" or "this is the best car I have ever driven - FA 2010"... And pulling off drivers from media interview... yea, sign of great confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post
    It think it is important to put things in perspective. All the teams have a shape (car) that has mass, weight downforce and drag. All teams
    have four wheels connecting that car to the road. Ferrari's race car is not lemon and it will be one of the top cars. In time, when the concept is developed more fully Ferrari will have a very fast race car. Those that wish to be critical of Ferrari, I ask you, what was the Ferrari team suppose to do when designing a a new race car??? Walk away from the sport??? No, Ferrari have a very talented group of Engineers and their only reason for being is the design cutting edge race cars! No one has the right to critic any car testing before we have even reached the first race. Qualifying at the first race and the results are what matter. Right now Ferrari are working flat out to make this car fast and reliable. The car's concept & design are extreme comparede to the other teams and all the have to do is make it perform to the best of its ability.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    It's just frustrating seeing this again and again... In 2009, well, no comment, in 2010 we couldn't find out why is RedBull so fast in quali, in 2011 we didn't understand why we can't heat up the tires and (+ pitstops), in 2012 we can't understand why we are loosing grip and downforce... It's like we are not able to get all things right and we are missing something all the time.

Feeling pretty glum right now. New parts not working... Time to invest in a new wind tunnel I think.

Well it is not like they have No Grip or No Downforce, it is just that they have a target of what they want to attain and they feel they have not hit that target as dead-on as they like. Everyone has to understand that there are many interacting factors involved with getting the most downforce from a particular design concept. You have to work on getting all of the factors right and then you're more able to hit your desired target. Rules change every year and everyone is forced to find their own best solution. Ferrari has a very good race car but is needs work to be the best and stay there. For all we know the Ferrari F2012 could be the fastest car out there when they finish reveiwing the data and applying the information. The Glass is ALWAYS Half Full! Ferrari are working hard and moving the bar forward!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAlfa View Post

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!
    I fully agree with you!Tomorow we will see the RED one!