Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293041 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Barcelona Test 1st-4th Mar 2012 - news and pics

I like Pat Fry's honesty when taking to the media

He do not try to hide the fact that Ferrari indeed have some problems going on with the car performance such as the narrow performance window, among others. We still need more testing to sort it out, its a shame we had limited testing, and the FIA had to be an idiot preventing us from shifting our test one day later.

Ideally we should win from the first race (statistically the winner of the first race usually win the WDC). But there's exception to that too, and I believe Ferrari can still do it the hard way if we have to, like in 2010 where Alonso almost won the title if not for a misplaced pit stop.

"hard way if we have to" ?? That does not sound good..... Oh dear

I almost started panicking when I read this:
    We started off with an exhaust system configuration that was particularly aggressive, but after last week’s test, it was clear this solution still required a lot of development before it could be used in a race. We opted for a more conventional configuration. Obviously, having developed the car to suit this innovative exhaust concept, now we must re-optimise everything in just the few days left before Australia.
    But then I kept on reading:
    There aren’t major differences between the two systems in terms of performance, but we really need to analyse everything in detail.”
    Guys, we are FINE. Don't listen to those journalists that paint doom and gloom for us. Just try to remember last year, those same journalists were saying that Ferrari has the fastest car, that it looks very stable, extremely good with tires, has no problems during low, medium or even high speed corners. But then Melbourne came and we had only the fourth fastest car! Seriously, all what those journalists are saying is a pure speculation and not only about us but about other teams as well. Gosh even our driver interviews won't reveal much e.g. last year, Alonso, Massa both happy and confident but then we all saw what happened in Melbourne.

I hear ya hogo.. I have a feeling that Ferrari are keeping all cards close to thir chest and crossing all the T's so last year does not repeat itsel again... I hope the feeling is right

And besides the media potray testing times like its freaking qualifying!! Let's wait till AUS in which I will be on the paddock

Quote Originally Posted by Agasthya View Post
    Images are broken. Can someone please repost?

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

Video from day1

Hamiltons interview yesterday:

Vettel and ted kravitz interviews:

07:57 Several teams are bringing substantial upgrades for today, most notably Red Bull and McLaren.

Whaaat? Are they really so biased or are we slow with developing the car from the start?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    look at this:
    That's incredibly cool. Well, they are blowing the floor again.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

@NobleF1 says there are major updates to Red Bull's RB8
    No Risk, No Fun!

Its a new car, they were testing with last years car so far

look at this:

Better hope our updates work. Otherwise its game over

Looks like they letting the exhaust gas flow down towards the rear section, diffuser maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    That's incredibly cool. Well, they are blowing the floor again.
    I do not understand the gain of blowing the floor when u can't do it with throttle off? Anyone explain?

This RB is what I call agressive car.... Very bad news for us

Quote Originally Posted by EL NANO View Post
    I do not understand the gain of blowing the floor when u can't do it with throttle off? Anyone explain?
    Blowing the floor is as good as blowing anywhere that can generate downforce. Same with Ferrari's attempt on the wheel ducts. It only works when the engine is full throttle.

But they are still trying to get as much downforce even if its just at certain part of the lap only. In any fast sweeping corner where you are throttling at lower gear, this will be an advantage.

Thanks hornet:)

Better view

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    This RB is what I call agressive car.... Very bad news for us
    Our car looks better and meaner! I believe RB are getting very cocky, always the beginning of a downfall..

Better view
    Are they blowing exhaust inside the difusser?? Look at the 'bumps' under outlets! What is this?

They will gain 0.3 thew that maximal, our updates should bring 9 polnts of downforce that means 0.45 and ted kravitz said that mclaren is expecting 0.5 from their updates.
    So thats not going to make them dominant again this season.

Are they blowing exhaust inside the difusser?? Look at the 'bumps' under outlets! What is this?

Connection to the hole in front of the driver (in the step)?

Those exhaust are way forward for a reason,they have come up with some exhaust gases tick here...

Connection to the hole in front of the driver (in the step)?
    I ment the Big bump on the bodywork immediately under exhaust outlets

They will gain 0.3 thew that maximal, our updates should bring 9 polnts of downforce that means 0.45 and ted kravitz said that mclaren is expecting 0.5 from their updates.
    So thats not going to make them dominant again this season.
    but i think we are behind them 0.5 sec

Looks like a neat solution and not subjected to the same stop start exhaust effect that you would have in blowing the diffuser or beam wing closer to the actual wing.

Using this approach may not be as powerful overall due to the distance from the diffuser but it would be a much less sporadic solution now that you cant blow off throttle so by mixing air velocity with the exhaust gases you have a much smoother effect on the downforce generating elements. So they are instead using the downwash off the sidepods to direct the airflow and doing so at a distance is probably yielding more linear effects on the rear downforce.

Hope this makes sense.

It also makes sense that Alonso is letting the rear slide a bit on exit because he is trying to stay on throttle for longer to get the exhaust effect on the diffuser to increase traction.

The problem with blowing directly on the diffuser without hot blowing is that from the time you put your right foot down, the power hits the rear wheels before the exhaust gases reach the diffuser and generate downforce leading to wheelspin.

hey guys,
    any news on whether our updates have arrived today???