Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1059

Thread: First Barcelona Test 21st-24th Feb 2012 - news and pics

1) Sandbagging is a myth, it never happens and is only used by fans who hope for better things come racing.
    2) No idea, we shall see when the racing starts.
    3) No, it's pretty PR.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    1) Sandbagging is a myth, it never happens and is only used by fans who hope for better things come racing.
    2) No idea, we shall see when the racing starts.
    3) No, it's pretty PR.
    sandbagging is the wrong term i think Holding Back I think is better and yes i think they are holding back
    i think they will be closer to the front that all others think
    i don't think the drivers are sharing all info with us and media just yet

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    This is true, especially in each grand prix weekend's free practice.

Dont think teams are holding back their pace by goin slow..its just that they carry more fuel than its necessary.
    if u see the video of testing u will notice that they are not taking things slow during their race simulations.

Have we done a race Sim yet?

Ferrari doing a filming *cough testing cough* day today.

Quote Originally Posted by M.K View Post
    Ferrari and Red Bull forced to revert to original testing schedule after FIA move

Ferrari and Red Bull Racing have been forced to abandon plans to run a revised testing programme at Barcelona this week following the intervention of the FIA.

Both outfits had hoped to run from Friday to Monday at Barcelona, instead of the Thursday to Sunday schedule that other outfits present at the test had originally agreed to.

However, Ferrari revealed on Tuesday morning that an FIA clarification of article 22.4 of Formula 1's sporting regulations, which governs testing, on Monday night had meant it was no longer possible to stick to its change of plans.

Despite shifting its days, Ferrari will maintain its original driver rotation plan - with Felipe Massa testing for the first and third days (Thursday/Saturday), and Fernando Alonso driving on the second and final days (Friday/Sunday).

Red Bull Racing will also alternate its drivers for the final test, with Mark Webber driving on Thursday and Saturday, and Sebastian Vettel slotted in for Friday and Sunday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97713
    this is stupid. Why then Mercedes had a day for private testing in barcelona ?? . Unfair

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    this is stupid. Why then Mercedes had a day for private testing in barcelona ?? . Unfair
    Mercedes only had a shakedown day, i wouldn't necessarily call it a test day.
    as we speak we're having a filming day, TODAY and Tomorrow...and i'm pretty sure they're not gonna be your "average" filming days...if you know what i'm saying...

so let's stay calm, work through our test programme and im sure come race day Ferrari will be JUST as fast as Red Fools, if not faster...

i just have this funny feeling in me that Ferrari are NOT showing their FULL hand just yet, and may not even show it at all in testing; i think they want to surprise EVERYONE come Q3 in OZ

The team claimed it was just for logistic purposes, so hopefully it will not affect our testing program.

Autosport claim that they may be doing it to buy an extra day to prepare for the test, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The team claimed it was just for logistic purposes, so hopefully it will not affect our testing program.

Autosport claim that they may be doing it to buy an extra day to prepare for the test, but who knows.
    Don't think it will be to much of a hassle. At worst the parts arrive a day late but they should still get some decent running on them in 3 days.

Interesting analysis of barcelona testing days:

http://intelligentf1.wordpress.com/2...-of-long-runs/
    Last edited by OSS EL BOSS; 28th February 2012 at 15:35.

Marussia & HRT have yet to run thier new cars. Marussia just recently failed the FIA mandated crash test. This begs the question that DiMontezemolo has been asking for years now, " Why can't certain teams run a thrid car" I would offer the following senario:
    1, Kick out Marussia and HRT, they stink, one cares about them, as they are nothing more than moving chicanes!
    2, The four additional cars that are now available, one is given to each of top four teams in the constructors order.
    3, If any of the top four teams do not wish to add a third car, the options is given to any construtor next in line.
    Think of the possibility this offers a young driver with a competitive car, plus the fact that we now have an additional Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren to shake things up! That's what we need, not Marussia or HRT, who's only goal is to try and make the 107% rule!

would like like to see 3 red bulls on podium? i certainly wouldn't...
    not gonna change my profile picture

Sandbagging may be a bit of a myth, but RedBull were certainly not showing their true pace in 2011 testing.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Massa (Friday):
    In complete contrast to McLaren, instead of running only heavy, Ferrari have run only light. Massa’s three stints (for 41 laps) were -3.0s, -2.4s and -2.4s. If we assume that this means that there was no refuelling, and that the car was able to run only those 41 laps, then the pace difference fuel-corrected to a 66 lap race is 2.75s. If this were the case, then this would give Ferrari a 0.25s pace advantage over Red Bull. It is likely that both of the cars were fuelled more highly, so in reality we cannot tell which is faster, but it does seem likely that the Ferrari is reasonably competitive. This evidence suggests that we will not see the Ferrari too far adrift come Melbourne.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

We can be 0.25s + 0.5s cause we have Alonso at the wheel ,due to that we would be more than a half of second quicker than red bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisko View Post

Massa (Friday):
    In complete contrast to McLaren, instead of running only heavy, Ferrari have run only light. Massa’s three stints (for 41 laps) were -3.0s, -2.4s and -2.4s. If we assume that this means that there was no refuelling, and that the car was able to run only those 41 laps, then the pace difference fuel-corrected to a 66 lap race is 2.75s. If this were the case, then this would give Ferrari a 0.25s pace advantage over Red Bull. It is likely that both of the cars were fuelled more highly, so in reality we cannot tell which is faster, but it does seem likely that the Ferrari is reasonably competitive. This evidence suggests that we will not see the Ferrari too far adrift come Melbourne.
    Don't forget Alonso's 6ths

I wouldn't be surprised if we turn up to Melbourne with a better car than McLaren, but for now they are ahead of us - as are Red Bull. Don't forget that last year, the long runs suggested that we were close to Red Bull. Our main problem is lack of rear downforce ..... in this next test we're getting the new floor which should add 0.4 and significantly improve rear stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    Don't forget Alonso's 6ths
    oh soryy i forget that
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

It's up to 7 tenths now with global economic inflation....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's up to 7 tenths now with global economic inflation....
    Aye and Alonso is at his best form so make that 8 tenths now .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Is there any news about the 'filming day'?

wow one hand drifting ... Grande Alonso

The red bull doesnt look any better than the F2012 in this vid at the high speed turn 9

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    wow one hand drifting ... Grande Alonso
    No doubt he is the best driver in the world

I'm completely clueless about F1 technical rules and regulations but is it possible for drivers to use the DRS with variable opening gaps? For example some turns require full downforce so the DRS will be closed, however on other turns downforce isn't needed so the DRS will be open. But what about the turns in the middle which don't need much downforce? Can they open the DRS half way and not full?
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly! But until we learn it hot to maximize it, many point will be lost. And in last 10-15 years one who collected most of the available point from fly away races before Europe, was at the end champion!
    Where does 2010 fit into this?
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo52ws9xLo1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    The red bull doesnt look any better than the F2012 in this vid at the high speed turn 9

The car is good in high speed corners. its the medium speed ones where uve got to accelerate at the end of the exit thats being problematic.
    If u see closely the red bull downshifts earlier than the Ferrari.the car has downforce but not in medium speed corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    I'm completely clueless about F1 technical rules and regulations but is it possible for drivers to use the DRS with variable opening gaps? For example some turns require full downforce so the DRS will be closed, however on other turns downforce isn't needed so the DRS will be open. But what about the turns in the middle which don't need much downforce? Can they open the DRS half way and not full?
    pretty interesting question. some thing like variable opening of the flap. since it is used in practice and qualifying freely, they can open it on some corners at some degree but not fully open. "maybe" .2s / lap. "might" be legal but i am just guessing , but how the teams will do it is the hard part, i think it is a electrical motor valve just open and close with the right amount off speed and torque to lift and close the flaps even with air resistance, some kind of servo.
    Hell would have broken loose