Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293041 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerez Test 7th-10th Feb 2012 - news and pics

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    If i may remind you guys last year Ferrari used Two separate Wind Tunnels one in Maranello and one in Cologne which was Toyotas old wind Tunnel, this was how they found out about there tunnel in maranello not being calibrated correctly therefore the problems they had with the car
    Sheldon?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

It's called "Testing", not 'who can post fast laps or most laps'. Ferrari have a program to run and different agenda to others so time sheets don't mean squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Im gonna stop reading this thread some people really need to realise this is pre-season testing, despite Ferrari stating not to expect fast times most seem to ignore it, we are working our programme.
    Yeah, I was getting all depressed as some people seem to have already decided our 2012 season is over!
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sheldon?
    ??

I noticed a distinct lack of drama queens on the streets this morning. Now I see, they're all on here I like the Red Italian car.

Quote Originally Posted by gazoz View Post
    ??
    Well, looked like you didn't get the "sarcasm mode off" line. (Big bang theory)

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well, looked like you didn't get the "sarcasm mode off" line. (Big bang theory)
    No he didn't obviously

Why is this thread being derailed into a tread of panic, anxiety and doom? It would appear as if some of the Tifosi here are starting to believe all the other rubbish out there that Ferrari don't know how to build a race car. For all of you that have forgotten --->

The Ferrari team has achieved unparalleled success in Formula One and holds many significant records including:
    • Most constructor championships: 16
    • Most driver championships: 15
    • Most Grands Prix participated (all-time): 832
    • Most Grands Prix started (all-time): 830
    • Most wins (all-time): 216
    • Most wins (season): 15 (shared with Mclaren)
    • Most podiums (all-time): 653
    • Most podiums (season): 29
    • Most one-two finishes (all-time): 81
    • Most pole positions (all-time): 205
    • Most WCC points (all-time): 4,864.5
    • Most WDC points (all-time): 5,766.27
    • Most fastest laps (all-time): 227
    • Highest winning percentage (for teams with at least 10 wins): ~26%

Ferrari is also the most successful F1 engine manufacturer, with 217 wins.
    "Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."

Nobody is saying that Ferrari 'can't build' a race car. Not even autosport, ha ha.

A LR in the gravel, somehow the colours fit nicely.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/b...otoshow_item=8

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/b...otoshow_item=7

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    No he didn't obviously
    Got it thx better late than never :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Nobody is saying that Ferrari 'can't build' a race car. Not even autosport, ha ha.

A LR in the gravel, somehow the colours fit nicely.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/b...otoshow_item=8

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/b...otoshow_item=7
    remembering grosjean's last f1 experince, i think this won't be last we see that car like this
    not gonna change my profile picture

Just dont forget guys that that the F2012 has:
    1.new suspention at the front and at the rear
    2. new cooling system
    3. new exhaust
    all this things have to be tested on how they work and how to set up and develope them.
    Ferrari have a lot more to do than other teams, who only developed their last years cars, and only have to find out thir performance with out the blown diffuser and understand the new tyres.
    Our car has alot of potencial and a lot bigger developement areas because its all new car,so we need to understand our cat first, to find out how to develope it.

@eddstrawF1 replies: "Weren't you in classic American sitcom of the 1970s and 1980s Happy Days? Back on subject, Ferrari is stressing that the headline laptime (right now, 2.499s off Michael Schumacher's fastest time) isn't important. It's a fair position, as this is only the second day of running of the car and there is a huge amount of work for everyone to do with their car set-ups, tyre use and development parts before the real pace is there to be seen.

"It's fair to say that the Ferrari hasn't looked brilliant on track so far, but it has a very tight programme to work through. Right now, the last thing teams are worried about is qualifying pace so no one will be going for flying times on a thimble of fuel even at the top of the timesheets."

12:28 @InsideFerrari: This last run of practice starts signed the end of the morning programme for Felipe.

Quote Originally Posted by OSS EL BOSS View Post
    Just dont forget guys that that the F2012 has:
    1.new suspention at the front and at the rear
    2. new cooling system
    3. new exhaust
    all this things have to be tested on how they work and how to set up and develope them.
    Ferrari have a lot more to do than other teams, who only developed their last years cars, and only have to find out thir performance with out the blown diffuser and understand the new tyres.
    Our car has alot of potencial and a lot bigger developement areas because its all new car,so we need to understand our cat first, to find out how to develope it.
    The Ferrari is 80% new, whereas others have changed maybe 30% at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    That is just stunning. What a great behind !!!! it has more curves than Beyonce

Quote Originally Posted by alex1s View Post
    That is just stunning. What a great behind !!!! it has more curves than Beyonce
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Damn!!! She is beautiful. Looks like something from outer space

420895_164327653682183_160954580686157_249707_1064049322_n.jpg

Start playing the Italian National Anthem.

There is a priest in Italy who did not get get a lot of opportunities to ring the church bells on a Sunday afternoon.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    The Ferrari is 80% new, whereas others have changed maybe 30% at most.
    Guys you are still in schumacher-todt era when we used to start with old car after few races then bring in new one. F2012 is totally different from previous so we need to understand its behaviour in order to develop it further. Its better problems get sorted out in testing rather than on race day...............

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT PALIO View Post
    Guys you are still in schumacher-todt era when we used to start with old car after few races then bring in new one. F2012 is totally different from previous so we need to understand its behaviour in order to develop it further. Its better problems get sorted out in testing rather than on race day...............
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT PALIO View Post
    Leaving the test some time before, with only 51 laps to be done, means two things for me: Either we built a super car and we have already understood our superiority against the others OR we understood what a mule we have built again this year... Hope to be the first but I doubt...

I'm not sure that they have abandoned testing today.

In any case, if you look at the total number of laps completed up to now, the top four are 1. Mercedes (127), 2. Force India and Caterham (110) and 4. Ferrari (102).

I would have been much more disappointed if the car hadn't been able to clock up the mileage, considering all the new elements compared to last year's. I'm sure that lap times will arrive: fuel loads, engine revs, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_pap View Post
    Leaving the test some time before, with only 51 laps to be done, means two things for me: Either we built a super car and we have already understood our superiority against the others OR we understood what a mule we have built again this year... Hope to be the first but I doubt...
    This is totally new car not evolution of previous one so each and every component needs to be tested................i guess 200 plus kilometers in first session without any reliability issues is good ....especially when you are having suspension which no team has gone for in last 10 yrs.

it is testing, hold on, the second day of testing. We have many many programmes and tests to run and collect data for. Rear wings, tyres, everything. It isnt about going out there and gunning in fast laps and doing 100s of laps. Its about understanding different aspects of the car. Why are people throwing their dummies out pram because we not on track and setting quick times? Come on calm down.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Geez, so much doom mongering going on here simply because Ferrari haven't set the fastest time. Hate to say this but some of you folks sound like McLaren fans! You guys would be better off reading Ferrari's tweets instead of listening to the British press. Fact is no one knows jack all about how the car is performing, except Ferrari. and besides Ferrari mentioned this morning that car checks were still ongoing and they had a program to complete for the day. They also said not to pay too much attention to the times since they are irrelevant, and i'm pretty sure that applies to most teams.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    it is testing, hold on, the second day of testing. We have many many programmes and tests to run and collect data for. Rear wings, tyres, everything. It isnt about going out there and gunning in fast laps and doing 100s of laps. Its about understanding different aspects of the car. Why are people throwing their dummies out pram because we not on track and setting quick times? Come on calm down.
    Agreed.

I've been on this forum in other times when we were all shouting the glories of being at the top of the testing time sheets, only to be very disappointed with the results during the season.

Please stop these negative comments that are based on nothing. Ferrari didnt left, they have just stopped for lunch imho.