Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: F1 Season 2012 - Car Presentations Calendar

Damn..... I was rather hoping it would rise out of the Woking lake with Lewis and Jenson pirouetting around it in leotards (now that WOULD have been nuts!) and ballet shoes, but it looks like they might be going back to the good old days of sitting next to it for an hour on high stools banging on about its revolutionaryness in front of a few hacks like 2010

Shame - Jenson would have looked cool in a skin tight leotard (according to Sianellen and Suzie anyway)

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

yeah, that nose is way too high for the rules.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Will be a interesting day tomorrow.

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4...r_legal_fight/

McLaren are reportedly braced for a fight over the legality of the new MP4-27 when their 2012 car is unveiled on Wednesday.

The Woking squad have targeted a fast start with their latest challenger in a bid to take on World Champions Red Bull from the first race in 2012 having been forced to play catch-up in recent seasons.

Speaking a day ahead of the launch of the MP4-27 on the team's official website, McLaren's Geoff McGrath, the managing director of the outfit's Applied Technologies arm, said the innovative element of the new design would be clear to see from the outset - and is expected to prompt protests from rivals.

"There are technical innovations on the car which will be immediately obvious when you see them," McGrath told Autosport.

He added that the team are "getting ready for a fight" over the MP4-27, with Autosport suggesting that McLaren's new car is designed to improve their qualifying performance in 2012 so that they can control races from the front.

McLaren had initially taken an innovative approach with the exhaust system on last year's MP4-26 but were forced to revert to a more conventional layout from the first race after their pre-season testing programme was beset by unreliability.

Team principal Martin Whitmarsh stressed, however, towards the end of last year that their design team had been encouraged to take a more aggressive approach for 2012, and McGrath says that McLaren are determined to take the fight to RBR from the off.

"We've started way behind in the last couple of years - that's the really disappointing thing," he added.

"But when we're behind, you can see that historically we always catch up faster than anyone else."

McLaren will unveil the eagerly-anticipated MP4-27 from 11am - with the launch covered live on Sky Sports.com/F1.

apparently that interview was all a fake or something, but Autosport have took the article down.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Sky Sports News is showing the McLaren launch live at 11am if anyone is bothered

Hopefully they are in Maranello on Friday
    Forza Ferrari

Probably won't be back in time to watch Ferrari live stream. Grrrr ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Noticed on twitter this morning, Jenson talked about their new car as the MP4-27A. Is there a B car in the pipeline already then? And if so, are they already unhappy with their new car, even before it's launched?

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Noticed on twitter this morning, Jenson talked about their new car as the MP4-27A. Is there a B car in the pipeline already then? And if so, are they already unhappy with their new car, even before it's launched?
    Apparently all their cars are called mp4-.. A. At least I know their 2011 car was also the mp4-26A.
    I think that is just their full name.

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    I have read, that they are not sure if the A-spec will be legal so the have backup plan (B-spec). Not 100% sure if that's correct.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post

Shame - Jenson would have looked cool in a skin tight leotard (according to Sianellen and Suzie anyway)
    If only! *sigh*

It seems that the car doesnt have a weird nose...scarbs notice smooth nose under sheets and very wide sidepods (winglets on sidepods?)...

McLaren dont look anything special, no funny nose
    Forza Ferrari

well nothing impressing at all...

Would they be allowed to change the Nose/Monocoque (if they want to) now that the car is homologated?

Lewis talks bout mirrors and Felipe.....
    Forza Ferrari

I don't see anything controversial as they said we will see immediately...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I don't see anything controversial as they said we will see immediately...
    Was fake
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Was fake
    Ok. Thanks.

Does not look like they have done much work on the car, have they? nothing innovative on the surface that's for sure!!!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

well, that is a nice looking car, but really just a MP4 26, with a kind of RedBull style rear packaging. hope Maranello the car looks amazing.

Nothing major still havent seen anything good yet!! Friday can't come quick enough

First pics...

Last edited by medeni73; 1st February 2012 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    First pics...

is that front wing is a 2011 spec or that will be their 2012 wing

Looking at the new McLaren I have one question: Is that a front Pullrod? It just has so low mounting points to an already low nose...

Or am I missing something...?

EDIT: Never mind I it was just a bad resolution pics... It is a push-rod!

Hamilton looks like a total douchebag, Button as if he can't count to three, and the front part of the car looks like its going to break off at first opportunity. I certainly hope we will see something more impressing from Ferrari

looks bulky and heavy

dont forget guys that this is only a demo car, front and rear wings are 2011 so that will change. some people're saying that middle part of the car (sidepod area) looks weird and it WILL change till Australia...

Quote Originally Posted by medeni73 View Post
    dont forget guys that this is only a demo car, front and rear wings are 2011 so that will change. some people're saying that middle part of the car (sidepod area) looks weird and it WILL change till Australia...
    every year, unimpressed fans of teams that have had boring launches say that, hoping it will come true, but never really happens.
    i know, as that was how i felt last year

still, it will be fast though.

but surely those exhausts are a little too low for the rules, no?

i think thats their 2010 car with the f-duct and engine cover.

I'm not a fan :) my team presents its monster in 2 days :) I hope too that they stay so boring and slow too :)))
    I'm just try to recapitulate the talks and thoughts on various places in internet right now :)
    Personally I dont think this car will be enough to beat RBs and it could be wrong decision from Maccas to make "evolution" instead of revolution (sounds familiar?:)))
    Having said that I cant wait Friday to see our "ugly" revolution :)

and yes exhausts seem too low
    scarbs says "The exhaust sticks quite far outboard, the 10cm exhaust. Then point up steeply and inwards. But expect this to change"
    Last edited by medeni73; 1st February 2012 at 10:43.