Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: F1 Season 2012 - Car Presentations Calendar

Don't see the fuss over the RB vent, is it not just for cooling
    Forza Ferrari

Does any one knows some good racing torrent site? Racing underground was great! I need HI RES pictures of car presentations.

THANK YOU

Hard to tell, but looking at the rear brake duct fins look more like a box being blown into than anything I've seen before ???

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    From Twitter - BBC F1 analyst Gary Anderson says hole in Red Bull nose looks like a duct.
    Are they sure he didn't say duck?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Don't see the fuss over the RB vent, is it not just for cooling
    There seems to be genuine fear amongst many that "Adrian the Sorcerer" must have come up with something "amazing" that will give them the same kind of advantage as last year but which has now been taken away from them. Unless he's stuffed a magic pixie behind it and that's its breathing hole it's hard to see how it's going to make much difference other than for cooling. Not really a massive airflow I would have thought.

It also defies belief that when the designers and engineers of all other teams first looked at that step they were being forced to design that they didn't think "can we/do we need to utilise that in some way - given the airflow that will directly hit it"
    Last edited by Tifosi; 6th February 2012 at 15:29.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

very claver video in dark room.Perhaps thay want to hide some details
    At 8,20 in video look at 2 holes in nose. possible f-duct
    Last edited by Nisko; 6th February 2012 at 15:50.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." (Ayrton Senna)
    Forza Ferrari

and interview with Adrian Newey
    Forza Ferrari

New Toro Rosso STR7

Scarbs:
    "Toro Rosso TR7 keeps its key features form last year double floor undercut sidepods, nice treatment around the roll hoop and nose bulges"

Just by comparing the RB8 to F2012 in pictures, I think they're in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by theforce View Post

I hope you're right
    Forza Ferrari

i sure hope so....hopefully we have a championship winning car in our hands
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Looks like mowers might have made a mistake again this year! whos car they gonna copy this time lol

They can explode on track for all i care. :twisted

(not wishing any harm to the drivers of course)

didn't we have a similar nose thing on the F2008? so it wouldn't be too hard to copy, in fact, it seems RB may be copying us in that regard

not spectacular looking car, but this is the only one that didn't have to be. will still be near the front.

sorry if been posted.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    didn't we have a similar nose thing on the F2008? so it wouldn't be too hard to copy, in fact, it seems RB may be copying us in that regard

not spectacular looking car, but this is the only one that didn't have to be. will still be near the front.

sorry if been posted.
    Everyone is saying there is some sort of duct there, or some sort of inlet, yet despite my numerous attempts to locate this duct/inlet, i still fail to see it!
    Help me out here lol
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Jewry does not sound like he's got a killer there, basically saying it is an evolution of the RB7 complying to new regulations. Let's not forget that
    Newey isn't a great designer he is a great loophole finder, and they are now pretty limited in terms of massive gain like the EBD!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

sorry if been posted.
    No way that is what we had in 2008 it is something completly different I think. Time will tell what this is for at least I think we have a lot of spare roomm over the suspension to copy it.

*Newey (auto correction) sorry

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mi View Post
    No way that is what we had in 2008 it is something completly different I think. Time will tell what this is for at least I think we have a lot of spare roomm over the suspension to copy it.
    Why would we copy it exactly? What would be the point of that?

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

it seems like maybe a Merc front wing passive duct thingy, but maybe Ferrari's nose airbox solution is better?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I guess Neweys word isn't enough to go by on this.

We designed the RB7, last year's car, around that exhaust position and were probably the only people to do so, so we've lost more than other people through that

And why

RB7 was designed around the exhaust, this year knowing that the exhaust position from last year would be taken away, we've had to go back and look at how we developed the car through the last one and two years with the side exit exhaust and try and, if you like, make sure that the routes we had taken that were only suitable for that exhaust position we now had to re-evaluate. Probably one of the key things there is the rear ride height. The exhaust allowed us to run a high rear ride height, it's much more difficult without that to sustain a high rear height so we have to go back down and have to redevelop the car around that lower ride height.

Basically its trump card has been taken away, and made redundant. No more steep rake, no more tricks.
    Theyll be ahead but from this I bet not by much if anything at all.
    This all bodes very well for the opposition.
    Michael Schumacher - the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be!

ScarbsF1 Craig Scarborough
    Three Ferrari engined cars and three tiny sidepod inlets. leaves us to ponder whats going on with that engine

Looks like just the vent for cooling the driver since they are no longer on the nose to me, but meh I am sure its blowing mega air into diffuser, front wing, rear wing, cooling kers and also making them 10 seconds faster, cause Newey did it
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I guess Neweys word isn't enough to go by on this.

And why

Basically its trump card has been taken away, and made redundant. No more steep rake, no more tricks.
    Theyll be ahead but from this I bet not by much if anything at all.
    This all bodes very well for the opposition.
    i wouldn't hold much in regard with anything he says. these guys are the biggest trolls in the business, especially Horner.
    i bet he was giggling while he said it, i think we should pay even more attention to the RB8 if he said that.

So we can position the Red Bull behind the HRT cars by just looking at the plain looks?

i wouldn't hold much in regard with anything he says. these guys are the biggest trolls in the business, especially Horner.
    i bet he was giggling while he said it, i think we should pay even more attention to the RB8 if he said that.
    Seems true enough, they did design around the EBD
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seems true enough, they did design around the EBD
    that is true, but i wouldn't believe him when he implies RedBull will have lost a lot with the EBD. i bet they have clawed it all back.

remember when they accused us of spying on them?? that was some BS, so i just feel they do some things just to get a rise out of teams.

THe RB's car looks the same as last years bar the front. Wheres the exhaust? Dark room, theyre not giving away a thing.
    They just went thru the motions to present something.
    Sauber looks to be the car they will use, or as close as possible, then again, they never really had innovations of note.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    So we can position the Red Bull behind the HRT cars by just looking at the plain looks?
    I'd say ahead of the HRT but behind Caterham, just marginally that is.

Anyway, i don't think having a front wing passive duct so far up the nose is possible. If that would be the case then it'd be highly ineffective because it's have to travel along way before it reaches the front wing, not to mention the amount of direction changes it'd have to make on it's way there. So for me that is a no-no.

http://i.imgur.com/XBwbn.png

RBR exhaust just under the suspension arm.