Thread: 2011 Brazilian Dhabi GP: Nods and Nays

2011 Brazilian Dhabi GP: Nods and Nays

HONOR ROLL

Driver of the Race: Adrian Sutil
    Honorable Mention: Sebastien Vettel, nice drive with the problem. Or were they team orders? since Vettel afterwards was still setting FL's
    Overtaking Move of the Race: Alonso on Button
    Race High Point:

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Bruno Senna
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Schumacher
    Race Low Point: Our pace on Primes

Your Take on the Race:
    Thankfully, the season has ended. 4-5 is pretty much the result we deserved. Bring on 2012 !

HONOR ROLL

Driver of the Race: Sebastian Vettel
    Honorable Mention: Adrian Sutil
    Race High Point: Alonso passing Button and Hamilton retiring.

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Nico Rosberg
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Bruno Senna
    Race Low Point: Getting caught quickly and re passed by Button.

Your Take on the Race:
    Interesting race, shame Vettel had a problem. Unlucky again for Schumacher and I had visions of 2006 - only without the comeback! Solid job from Alonso, nice defending by Felipe and a Hamilton DNF!

Honorable Mention: Nando and Felipe (after his tyres were so compromised the puncture on Sat)
    Race High Point: The end.

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Rosberg
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Steve Slater (Starsports commentator) for blaming Shumi for the collision with Senna
    Race Low Point: RB faking a GB problem.

Your Take on the Race: I think the race typified our whole season. Nando proved how good he is muscling the 150 beyond its capabilities. Felipe's luck continued to run against him, with his puncture on Saturday basically forcing the 2 stop strategy on him, which he managed really well. To get what he did out of each set of tyres running way beyond their "use by" dates was a really good effort. On the positive side, Lewser managed to avoid hitting him even though they ran close for a while.

HONOR ROLL

Honorable Mention: Hamilton's gearbox failure.
    Race High Point: Alonso fantastic overtake move on button

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Bruno Senna
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Christian Horner and his stupid team orders
    Race Low Point: Our pace on Primes,and RB's stupid team orders

Your Take on the Race:
    It was great to see a great driver who drives about 120% in slow car , and fighting with the fastest cars this year. Hopefully next year will project 663 work very well i hope.

FORZA FERRARI, FORZA FERNANDO; FORZA FELIPE !

HONOR ROLL

Driver of the Race: Mark Webber (yes, i actually said that!): guy qualified within 0.10 sec of Seb, drove a super, clean race, and "did a Vettel" with fastest lap on the last lap - and for those saying it was team orders, may i point out that he finished 17+ seconds ahead. Seb had a technical problem, plain and simple.
    Honorable Mention: Seb Vettel - record 15 poles this year, sensibly let Webber through and drove a controlled and mature race to 2nd. 2011 was absolutely the year of Seb Vettel.
    Overtaking Move of the Race: MS around the outside of a Force India (i think it was di Resta)
    Race High Point: Felipe's super (and totally clean) defense from Rammy-boy. hope for more of that next year (while defending the race lead!)

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Nico Rosberg (totally got owned by Sutil and then dropped off rapidly)
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Bruno Senna (need i say more?): without that, both he and MS were headed for good results. MS can get away with it but Bruno can hardly afford such a goof-up (8th/9th would have been great for him considering he was way ahead of his teammate)
    Race Low Point: Fernando's pace on primes and being passed so easily by JB

Your Take on the Race:
    big let down for an Interlagos event, nothing much happened at all...
    Felipe Massa for World Champion 2012!

HONOR ROLL
    Driver of the Race: I'd say Webber, even though i'm pretty sure there were teamorders
    Honorable Mention: Fernando
    Race High Point: Hamilton retiring before he hit Massa, it would have happened

HORROR ROLL
    Driver off the Pace: Nico Rosberg
    The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Bruno Senna, but Hamilton won the championship without serious threat losing the lead
    Race Low Point: losing podium and 3rd place in WDC standing

Your Take on the Race:
    Like Ronaldo's kid said - Can we just go home now? good that this season is over
    not gonna change my profile picture