Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    http://translate.google.com

works out for understanding ... but do not use in case of an Italian lesson homework ... ... for this case google translate is to obvious! As a teacher told me once that a fool with a tool still remains a fool ...
    Obvious . Google translate is like that for every language. Translate is so literal. Sometimes hilarious

It is kinda oddly quiet these days... Calm before the (RED) storm!?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Calm before the (RED) storm!?--------------OR
    Calm before the [BLUE] tsunami!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Calm before the (RED) storm!?--------------OR
    Calm before the [BLUE] tsunami!?
    Hopefully just the RED storm

Hopefully just the RED storm
    Ad Austin Red Bull avrà un nuovo dispositivo DDRS

At Austin Red Bull will have a new device DDRS

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/11/14/ad-a...positivo-ddrs/

They just won't give up.

it's like fighting against windmills

can someone please translate aerodynamics to an IT related technician please?
    What is the difference to an common DRS system?

Thank you in advance ...
    Last edited by Senna4Ever; 14th November 2012 at 14:24.

RED hurricane in Texas ...that would be totally awesome! That would be the only hurricane that would make people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    RED hurricane in Texas ...that would be totally awesome! That would be the only hurricane that would make people happy.
    Think in Texas be a Red Twister. Cannt wait for this weekend.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Ha,ha, si puo farlo sicuramente! "FORZA FERRARI fai vedere chi comanda a questa banda di truffatori!" (red bull)
    Piano, piano, Massimo, Speriamo che hai ragione ma truffatori e un po' forte, magari vero?!
    Steady on, Massimo, hope you're right but 'cheaters' is a bit strong, even if it is were true?!
    All tifosi are not Italian by a long shot, but for some of us who have had the chance to learn a bit of the language, it brings you closer to the magic that is Ferrari and Italy itself. So no apology needed for the odd Italian post, but maybe a translation is only fair unless it's unprintable!

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    it's like fighting against windmills

can someone please translate aerodynamics to an IT related technician please?
    What is the difference to an common DRS system?

Thank you in advance ...
    Hard to understand from Google translation, lol, hopefully someone could give a clearer summary of it.

DRD is a new term used for the passive DRS system that Lotus was testing earlier on. In that article, it claims Red Bull will have a DRD but I'm not sure if they are referring to that passive system. They did went on to talk about the passive system which will be legal next year so it appears as if they are suggesting that Red Bull will have the new DRD system this week?

As for the DRD, its a passive system where you have a part on the car that takes in air, and in the system there will be a device that is being pressurized by the air flowing in. As the car goes faster, the air pressure will increase because more air rushes in. So this device is design to open a valve when the pressure goes up to a certain limit, and then this valve will allow the air to flow to the rear wing and stall the rear wing. In other words, once the car reach top speed, the DRD will activate by itself.

Sauber and Torro Rosso have been testing this device last week. Although Lotus have yet to get theirs working, every team will have to do their own test and see if they can make it work for themself.

Of course if Torro Rosso found the solution, I would bet they would share it with Red Bull.

Dont agree with it, and a bit of topic but interesting!! WHO HAS LOST THE MOST POINTS ANALYSIS http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/4...e_most_points/

Don't agree with that article but I don't feel like discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Piano, piano, Massimo, Speriamo che hai ragione ma truffatori e un po' forte, magari vero?!
    Steady on, Massimo, hope you're right but 'cheaters' is a bit strong, even if it is were true?!
    All tifosi are not Italian by a long shot, but for some of us who have had the chance to learn a bit of the language, it brings you closer to the magic that is Ferrari and Italy itself. So no apology needed for the odd Italian post, but maybe a translation is only fair unless it's unprintable!
    Ok i agree with you, sorry, just got carried away a little, Italian is a very good language to express my Ferrari feelings, but nothing wrong with my english also, so will stick to that.

maybe the problem with ferrari is software which is used to build the car,not with the aero tunnel.if you make a mistake in the first step of the process,then can`t get the right result from the final step.if the upgrades for USA race don`t work(used Toyota aero tunnel),I think I am sure for this opinion.

remember,A.N. never use the PC,he always use the pencil and paper for first step of constructing the F1 car
    Last edited by gjoko-mkd; 17th November 2012 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    maybe the problem with ferrari is software witch is used to build the car,not with the aero tunnel.if you make a mistake in the first step of the process,then can`t get the right result from the final step.if the upgrades for USA race don`t work(used Toyota aero tunnel),I think I am sure for this opinion.

remember,A.N. never use the PC,he always use the pencil and paper for first step of constructing the F1 car
    Thank God...someone finally found the problem. It is the Software Witch!

Sorry...couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    Don't agree with that article but I don't feel like discussing it.
    Exactly!

I said `maybe`not `must`

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    yeehaw
    "Ferrari gives you a special feeling" Fernando Alonso

Been fairly quiet on here regarding updates for Austin , maybe a good sign?

Quote Originally Posted by blaney1977 View Post
    Been fairly quiet on here regarding updates for Austin , maybe a good sign?
    I've noticed that too, but didn't commented. Maybe that is a good sign...

Ok i agree with you, sorry, just got carried away a little, Italian is a very good language to express my Ferrari feelings, but nothing wrong with my english also, so will stick to that.
    No, your English beats my Italian but it's nice to add a bit of Italian flair when the mood takes us! Maybe the silence on Austin updates is a good omen? We can but hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    I said `maybe`not `must`
    I get it, it's only a maybe that the dreaded Software Witch caused the problem. When they determine for certain that it is the witch who is causing the problems they need to kick her a$$ out.

( http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/232...namico-mclaren )anybody knows what this article says (It's in Italian) ?? I think it says something about flexi wing... Is it true??

Quote Originally Posted by Aggelossid View Post
    ( http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/232...namico-mclaren )anybody knows what this article says (It's in Italian) ?? I think it says something about flexi wing... Is it true??
    Luca di Montezemolo has asked a technical Horse F2012 that will allow Fernando Alonso to fight for pole position in Austin. Ferrari president immediately after the second place of the Spanish in Abu Dhabi said: "We have ten days before crucial that we do everything possible to introduce in Texas with a car capable of fighting for the win. The words are zero: this must be our goal. "

hinder, Vettel in Maranello Racing Division engineers are making every effort to try to counter the technical supremacy of Reb Bull RB8 which afforded a superb Sebastian Vettel to stay in leading the world championship with ten points when there are only two races to go. AERO TEST IDIADA The team led by Pat Fry was a Idiada, Spain, for an aero test with Jules Bianchi on the F2012. Rossa were on different solutions magazines that Abu Dhabi had not given the results seen in the wind tunnel. A pulse of fresh ideas would be taken by David Sanchez, the former head of French aerodynamic McLaren, which would be operational in Maranello by no more than a couple of months . SANCHEZ THE NEW FACE coach Alps is certainly a good buy wanted by Pat Fry in the spring in the countryside of strengthening the technical director had brought forward: David Sanchez has completed the period of "gardening" it is fully operational in Maranello. Trained Ecole Nationale Superior de Mecanique et d'Aerotecnique, was then called in the Renault F1 team in 2005 and two years later went to Woking as aerodynamic and in 2009 was promoted to team leader of the department, a role in McLaren inherited Marcin Budkwoski. David has realized a dream in arriving at Maranello because he is a fan of Ferrari and Fernando Alonso knows. EXPERIENCE MCLAREN Sanchez was the architect of some changes on the wings of F2012: the development of the DRS system and the different design of the back would be the result of some of his experiences, as well as the front wing more flexible in Abu Dhabi has not given all the evidence that the racing department had expected. FLEXIBLE ON RED WINGS? Ferrari, in fact , is "chasing" the Red Bull Racing on land that has generated a lot of discussion in recent weeks: the aerodynamic Maranello are also applying to the Red-ups scheduled wings, but with different degrees of intervention that are not as blatant seen in Milton Keynes , but more like those can not be measured in view of the McLaren MP4-27. The development of these systems very complicated is not immediate: it is not enough to reproduce a solution that works on another car because this gives similar results. FOUND THE KEY READING DATA A Idiada, however, the Ferrari would find the "keys" to interpret more accurately the data of the wind tunnel and would have been made ​​last minute changes to the material that was sent to the U.S.. David Sanchez, with McLaren, had worked in Cologne, one of the two wind tunnels that Toyota F1 teams to rent. Among the "customers" include Ferrari who preferred to focus on the latest developments of the F2012 in Germany itself, where models are used to sixty per cent, instead of the fifty per cent in use in Maranello. SCALE OF TWO MODELS The assignment of numbers to be read in two scales must not have been easy (went the crisis of the Mercedes that has made the same passage) to Abu Dhabi Ferrari has been the growth of the latter part of the season, much slower than they have been the efforts made ​​by the aerodynamics department that is always under pressure. THERE 'EVEN LUIC BIGOIS Since the beginning of November in organic plant also Loic Bigois, another Frenchman (is the time of transalpine in Maranello) which is joined Ferrari from Mercedes to assume the role of head of aerodynamics, after being in Brawn GP, Honda , Williams, Minardi, Ligier and Prost.'s up to him to rationalize with Ben Agathangelou, the facilities of the department adjusting the wind tunnel Horse's current needs. WE WILL SEE WHO IS THE BEST SIMULATION Ferrari, in short, would like a flash is still possible on a whole new track like that of Austin you can not spend too much time in the choice of new things to try, but it will be important to find a good base set-up to set the work of development of the F2012. Sull ' interesting American track we can see what will be the team with the best simulation programs ...

Thanks!!

from f1 technical

"Doing the PSL holder pit walk today Ferrari had one of the 4 wings outside covered. I am hoping it means it is a new update."

A lot of words, but the most important offcourse beiing:
    " i ferraristi avrebbero trovato le “chiavi” per interpretare con più precisione i dati della galleria del vento e sarebbero state apportate all’ultimo momento delle modifiche al materiale che è stato spedito negli Usa"

"Ferrari finally seem to have found the right "key" to interpretate with more precision the data from the windtunnel, this resulted in the fact, that last minute changes were made, before the upgrades were beiing flown to the USA".

Sorry Rob, didn't want to correct your translation, just wanted to highlight this sentence, it might just be the most important message we've got from Maranello all year, and a significant step forward for next year's car also.

A lot of words, but the most important offcourse beiing:
    " i ferraristi avrebbero trovato le “chiavi” per interpretare con più precisione i dati della galleria del vento e sarebbero state apportate all’ultimo momento delle modifiche al materiale che è stato spedito negli Usa"

"Ferrari finally seem to have found the right "key" to interpretate with more precision the data from the windtunnel, this resulted in the fact, that last minute changes were made, before the upgrades were beiing flown to the USA".

Sorry Rob, didn't want to correct your translation, just wanted to highlight this sentence, it might just be the most important message we've got from Maranello all year, and a significant step forward for next year's car also.
    Thats ok, my Italian isnt that great, but getting better so used google translation for bit of it.

Cannt wait till tomorrow.

This sounds good to me, have we found the path to get these upgrades bolted on and find the speed to fight vettel? Is this our rocky moment, when rocky tells Micky he ain't going down no more and then smashes Apollo creed? If we have then let's get it on! I can't wait!

Sounds as if something positive may be about to show itself, but don't get too excited yet and please don't let's have all the doom and gloom once FP gets underway if there's no huge increase in performance. Don't want to be pessimistic, just realisitc, and then maybe it'll be a nice surprise! Thanks, Rob and Massimo for the bi-llingual updates, Google has a lot to answer for!!