Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    So wait, now it turns out that Toyota's wind tunnel is also faulty?
    What on earth is going on?!
    Surely 2 wind tunnels cant be faulty?!!if the reports are indeed true,then i guess the wind tunnels aint the real root of our probs and ferrari needs a massive head rolling session rather than a new wind tunnel...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Hope you will be proved right.
    What i am reading is that the last test at Idiada was really bad.
    Ferrari are getting the same bad results with the new parts from the Toyota Wind Tunnel....
    Either really bad and game over..............Or all bluff.
    hmmm, I would wait until I hear it from the Horse's mouth instead of outsider reports. Surely the team will keep details secretive until qualifying in Austin

Year 2000: R.I.P Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by fadyferrari View Post
    Surely 2 wind tunnels cant be faulty?!!if the reports are indeed true,then i guess the wind tunnels aint the real root of our probs and ferrari needs a massive head rolling session rather than a new wind tunnel...
    Let's just wait and see what this weekend brings us. I wouldn't make any far-reaching conclusions based on one report which might not be true at all. The best thing to do, is to just wait till Sunday and then see if we have improved or not. All these "reports" from various sources are usually not very trustworthy and there's absolutely no need to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    Lotus chases down Ferrari but unable to pass = Lotus is faster.
    Ferrari chases down Lotus but unable to pass = Lotus is faster.

I don't know what did you mean but the starting grid and the final classification tells me this:

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Lotus was faster than Ferrari in both quali and race

Still differences between wind tunnel and on track performance. I wouldn't be surprised that this is true... i said it before and i still keep my stand on this point!!! WIND TUNNEL is not an issue... Its how ferrari engineers use the information and translate them on the car thats the issue. I mean that sometime you need to be able to interpret these data even though you getting good results in the wind tunnel. If you test its doesn't work then find the root cause and fix it!!! Red bull and macca maybe have a better wind tunnel but i am quite positive that from time to time they have some of these issues but the reason they still manage to bring good updates to the track is that they know how to interpret the data and make amend for them to work!!! SF dont have the experience yet!!!

think it isnt true, here is Crucial said on F1 technical....

As for the article, I think it's speculation & best to wait until Austin. We will know this race if the F2012 can help Fer win the WDC. I think only Ferrari know the results of the most recent straightline test and we won't know until this coming Saturday.
    We are in the dark. No one reallys knows what the results are apart from the team. Everyone can speculate and say the team are scratching their heads and Toyota tunnel isnt giving the numbers. End of day the Toyota tunnel is 1 of the best around, the team knows what they doing.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    think it isnt true, here is Crucial said on F1 technical....

We are in the dark. No one reallys knows what the results are apart from the team. Everyone can speculate and say the team are scratching their heads and Toyota tunnel isnt giving the numbers. End of day the Toyota tunnel is 1 of the best around, the team knows what they doing.
    Toyota used the tunnel.. they didnt get far with it!!! so its not just about having best wind tunnel... its about translating the performance to track and hence getting the correlation right!!! and to do that its not just about the figures shown on the PC screen but about getting the right balance for it to work on the car.... wind tunnel is a mere representation of reality!!! its a simulation ... its impossible to get a perfect correlation... You cant predict how ur car will behave when u go round the corner for an example... there are too many variables in reality for it to be replicated in simulation, thats why i keep on saying its about knowing these variables and understanding how they relates to what you see in the tunnel, then readjust your upgrades for it to give you a better on track performance... ferrari engineers are no dummies, they are professional who knows about the problem but do they have the information required to do the right assessment, are there any internal issue i.e process we take to manufacture parts, development direction etc... dont know!!! but we will get there at one point... by now we must have a lot of data for next year at least....
    Of course i agree with you, only ferrari knows whether there is issue or not but from what we have seen lately, they seems to still have problem in getting the updates to work on track!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmkevin View Post
    only ferrari knows whether there is issue or not but from what we have seen lately, they seems to still have problem in getting the updates to work on track!!!
    Abu Dhabi was dominated by the Pirelli anomoly so don't be too hasty to discount the updates we brought. We had a faster race pace than Red Bull which I think is really encouraging, as Ferrari and Red Bull are the only teams who've consistently kept the unusual behavoir of the tyres to a minimum throughout the season. That's even considering Vettels setup was changed before the race to give maximum race pace, they didn't have any qualifying setup carried over into his race, while we did. Granted we struggled to get on top of the tyres in qualifying, but when you've got Maldonado qualifying so high you know there's something unusual going on, and then a Lotus wins the race. Ferrari admitted we didn't see the gains we expected, but I'm optimistic there's enough evidence to suggest the circuit/tyre behavoir had an impact for all teams, not just us.

We'll be competetive in Texas and Brazil no matter what.

The Toyota wind tunnel, like all wind tunnels, is a TOOL. You could give my son the best wind tunnel in the world and give Newey a window fan, and Newey would prevail. Wind tunnels don't provide solutions they supply data. The engineers must know how to use the data or the wind tunnel is worthless.

@Dino guy on F1technical Forum wrote this about that article, and he is Italian...
    I know the guy behind the Italian technical analysis site that brought the news, and he always has good sources for his stories, he is an engineer himself and was also the first to bring the story about the communicating barrels principe Red Bull seems to be using to balance their car.
    He doesn't simply copy or translates articles, he writes them himself and always with excellent technical explanations, more than once the bigger F1 sites copy his work.
    I hope he is wrong about this, but he is not afraid to stick out his neck and bring this story, there is no guts and glory in only writing about succes and victories.
    He is a Ferrari tifoso by heart and wants nothing less then the title for the Scuderia, but that doesn't mean he can't be critical.

Oh just one more thing, i really don't see why this article is fake because somebody who is Italian said it is, well i'm Italian to and i say the author of this articel wrote it with the best intentions because his sources that were present at Idiada told him what they heard and saw.
    His latest news about this is that the parts are beiing brought back to Maranello, where thet will try to fix them before beiing flown to Austin.

Let's hope the Ferrari engineers make the right adjustements, Fernando is all pumped up, did hundreds of miles in his simulator at home in Oviedo, and is ready to take Vettel to war, and he is not taking prisoners.
    Avanti Fer! Avanti!

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    I know the guy behind the Italian technical analysis site that brought the news, and he always has good sources for his stories, he is an engineer himself and was also the first to bring the story about the communicating barrels principe Red Bull seems to be using to balance their car.
    He doesn't simply copy or translates articles, he writes them himself and always with excellent technical explanations, more than once the bigger F1 sites copy his work.
    I hope he is wrong about this, but he is not afraid to stick out his neck and bring this story, there is no guts and glory in only writing about succes and victories.
    He is a Ferrari tifoso by heart and wants nothing less then the title for the Scuderia, but that doesn't mean he can't be critical.

Oh just one more thing, i really don't see why this article is fake because somebody who is Italian said it is, well i'm Italian to and i say the author of this articel wrote it with the best intentions because his sources that were present at Idiada told him what they heard and saw.
    His latest news about this is that the parts are beiing brought back to Maranello, where thet will try to fix them before beiing flown to Austin.

Let's hope the Ferrari engineers make the right adjustements, Fernando is all pumped up, did hundreds of miles in his simulator at home in Oviedo, and is ready to take Vettel to war, and he is not taking prisoners.
    Avanti Fer! Avanti!
    He maybe good, but people jumping up saying they dont work and only 1 story going around of rumour that the updates dont work as we need them. Not saying he unreliable, but we all must just stay calm and wait till Friday.

He maybe good, but people jumping up saying they dont work and only 1 story going around of rumour that the updates dont work as we need them. Not saying he unreliable, but we all must just stay calm and wait till Friday.
    No, not till Friday...we must wait at least till qualifying on Saturday before we can make any conclusions about our improvements or lack of them. Friday's FP sessions don't mean anything.

No, not till Friday...we must wait at least till qualifying on Saturday before we can make any conclusions about our improvements or lack of them. Friday's FP sessions don't mean anything.
    exactly, especially since Ferrari will be testing quite a few things, as well as various combinations of these upgrades they're bringing..

the real test will be Q3...and let's hope Nando gets POLE!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Well actually you are saying he is unreliable, because you are quoting somebody called Dino, who is saying that he knows this site and as a lot of Italian sites it's not trustworthy (or affordable as he puts it?) so to me this looks like you are trying to tell everybody "just relax, this story is and the fact that this Dino is Italian should make the point even stronger, as i told you i'm Italian to, so does it also work the other way around?
    If this Dino really knew Christiano (the guy behind the site) he would never say this, Christiano is a really good friend of mine and i see how much time and effort he puts in his F1 site, keeping contacts all over the world, travelling to almost all the Gp's and using reliable sources and contacts, checking and dubblechecking them, inviting engineers to write explanations about technical issues.

So i just felt the need to step up for him, as his work was beiing ridiculed here, that's all, hope you understand that.

On topic, i sincerely hope that they can make the right adjustements in Maranello before flying the parts to Texas, Fernando deserves this title, Ferrari deserve it, the tifosi deserve it! Forza Ferrari!
    Last edited by Rob; 13th November 2012 at 17:06.

Sorry, didnt finish off what wanted too say, had cook tea. But you have said what i wanted too But, Friday we will see how they look. Saturday afternoon after quali is the time we will see.

Well actually you are saying he is unreliable, because you are quoting somebody called Dino, who is saying that he knows this site and as a lot of Italian sites it's not trustworthy (or affordable as he puts it?) so to me this looks like you are trying to tell everybody "just relax, this story is and the fact that this Dino is Italian should make the point even stronger, as i told you i'm Italian to, so does it also work the other way around?
    If this Dino really knew Christiano (the guy behind the site) he would never say this, Christiano is a really good friend of mine and i see how much time and effort he puts in his F1 site, keeping contacts all over the world, travelling to almost all the Gp's and using reliable sources and contacts, checking and dubblechecking them, inviting engineers to write explanations about technical issues.

So i just felt the need to step up for him, as his work was beiing ridiculed here, that's all, hope you understand that.

On topic, i sincerely hope that they can make the right adjustements in Maranello before flying the parts to Texas, Fernando deserves this title, Ferrari deserve it, the tifosi deserve it! Forza Ferrari!
    No, i was aiming my post at Dino on here, just saying that someone on F1 technical saying take it with a pinch of salt. Not ridiculing him, at all, just saying the guy on f1tecnical said he was Italian aswell and that was the only story going around. Big respect for him for writing it. But, lets wait till the weekend.

Oh mind the swearing, do not get around the swear filter. Grazie amico mio

No, i was aiming my post at Dino on here, just saying that someone on F1 technical saying take it with a pinch of salt. Not ridiculing him, at all, just saying the guy on f1tecnical said he was Italian aswell and that was the only story going around. Big respect for him for writing it. But, lets wait till the weekend.

Oh mind the swearing, do not get around the swear filter. Grazie amico mio
    Ok fair enough!

Really sorry about the bad language, my temperament getting the better of me, sorry!

Ok fair enough!

Really sorry about the bad language, my temperament getting the better of me, sorry!
    Va bene non č un problema

Grazie!

Andiamo ragazzi! San Fernando siamo tutti con te!

FA @ joseluisf1
    According Autosprint, the harder Pirelli compounds are an advantage for Ferrari

Loving the Italian, guys, makes me feel even more tifoso than ever so preghiamo per un miracolo nei prossimi due GP....si puo farlo!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    I don't know what did you mean but the starting grid and the final classification tells me this:
    In Barcelona, many said the Lotus was faster than the Ferrari because Kimi was chasing and catching Fernando.
    Same thing at Abu Dhabi and somehow the Lotus is faster in both situations. Just a little confused as to how this conclusion was achieved.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Loving the Italian, guys, makes me feel even more tifoso than ever so preghiamo per un miracolo nei prossimi due GP....si puo farlo!
    Ha,ha, si puo farlo sicuramente! "FORZA FERRARI fai vedere chi comanda a questa banda di truffatori!" (red bull)

FA @ joseluisf1
    According Autosprint, the harder Pirelli compounds are an advantage for Ferrari
    Nooo not again this guy ...

Don't take this personally guys, but this is an English site, a few paragraphs here and there are nice, but out of respect for the other members that don't understand Italian, let's revert back to English :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Don't take this personally guys, but this is an English site, a few paragraphs here and there are nice, but out of respect for the other members that don't understand Italian, let's revert back to English :)
    tutti i Tifosi sono Italiani

Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    +1
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    As is Tony. As am I. Please follow Tony's advice. Thanks

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

...or provide us with translation in English, so the rest of us could even learn some Italian

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ...or provide us with translation in English, so the rest of us could even learn some Italian
    http://translate.google.com

works out for understanding ... but do not use in case of an Italian lesson homework ... ... for this case google translate is to obvious! As a teacher told me once that a fool with a tool still remains a fool ...