Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    I got some infos and these are coming from a serious source you can trust me.We now plannig to bring a new exhaust which was created for 2013 basic but it will effect a lot this year's car if it works.But team has some suspecious on durability.It needs to be more resistance.Also Shell our parter is preparing a new oil which is aimed to get 1hp and engine power and some reliability.One more thing about Shell oil is it will reduce the fuel consumption. And this info says Ferrari made an application to ban Red Bull's flexi wing but as all we knew they couldnt do it even tests.So Ferrari had tried to copy but so far they failed.DDRS is another device will be tested and finally a new floor entegreted to new exhaust concept and tihgter diffuser.I forgot to say the new front wing.Ferrari tyring to get ready a flexi wing like Red Bull right now.Thats all i know
    Latest Autosprint magazine:redesign area under nose,fw,rw,sidepods,experimental 2013 parts for India !!!

@ DIEK, thanks for the videos. I've always wanted to see onboard footage during a race.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Interesting to see Massa was 5Km faster on the straight, was Nando generating a toe, different (7th) gear ratios, Nando running more front end perhaps which could have affected his front tyres degradation a bit more? who knows?

Any how this where FP was bit faster and gaining, for the rest all very similar!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Shut up and develop/drive.

Repeat 500,000 times.

At this point, I am resigned to not winning the WDC. If we do, I'll be the happiest man ever to be proven wrong.
    I am also on the same lines...

In relation to the article, we need way more than 0.2s for sure.

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Shut up and develop/drive.

Repeat 500,000 times.

At this point, I am resigned to not winning the WDC. If we do, I'll be the happiest man ever to be proven wrong.
    awww Lou, you have lost faith in our team? That's really sad to hear

I can understand your frustration, but don't lose faith. Nothing is lost or over yet. The battle has only just begun! If all the updates in India work then we're gonna kick the finger boy and the Red Cow all the way to Jupiter, you can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Interesting to see Massa was 5Km faster on the straight, was Nando generating a toe, different (7th) gear ratios, Nando running more front end perhaps which could have affected his front tyres degradation a bit more? who knows?

Any how this where FP was bit faster and gaining, for the rest all very similar!
    Oh yea, you're right. Very interesting indeed
    Maybe Massa just had less wing on his car compared to Nando?

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Well this is a good point, but unhappily I don’t see us getting pole.
    Basically Fernando has to finish ahead of Vettel, 4 times, almost, no matter where they finish but the most points difference is that between 1st and 2nd (7 points) so that’s what we really need to go for.
    We can beat Vettel but can we beat Newey?
    I don't think Ferrari necessarily needs to get the poles. If McLaren get pole, that can cause problems for Vettel.

McLaren are in big trouble with the engines.Their 8th units have two race behind them,and four race more to come in this year.This is 6 races in a row,which is a lot of milage for god results,at last in 2-3 last races

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post

More front wing doesn't mean more degradation. In fact it 'could' result in the opposite. Remember the degradation is higher when the car slides more.

Does anyone have front pictures of FA and FM from Korea for comparison?

Lets keep everything in perspective. In the beginning of the season, no one would have given Ferrari a snowball's chance in Hell. If they could comeback from that, they can win the championship. If they don't, it still won't be as painful as 2010. Running Felipe's exhaust on Fernando's Ferrari looks like an extremely promising start to an increase in performance.

Disappointed Since 2010

Right really now can we discuss the Korean GP in the race thread if needed, and keep this for technical news etc
    Forza Ferrari

I think Ferrari need a strong 3 to 5 / 10ths of a second to take a commanding role in the fight for both Championships. Those are the hard cold numbers and it is the NET value that must be attained. So if Red Bull advances, then Ferrari must overcome that advance and better it be 3 to 5 / 10ths. I think if any team can do it, Ferrari can! 4 races to go and every race becomes more important as the season comes to an end. Alonso has lost huge points, no fault of his own and no fault of the Ferrari race car. Those two DNF's were devastating and will be hard to recover from. I only hope Alonso wins this struggle. One must remember that MANY things can be done to be more aggressive. Getting more downforce is the most critical aspect to getting more out of the car. Ferrari must also rely on and push Alonso to exploit his skills to attain more and push the car harder. We will see more from the front and rear wings, more from the Conda Effect, more from the engine, more from setup of the race car. We will see the tires used harder and to the limit!

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Right really now can we discuss the Korean GP in the race thread if needed, and keep this for technical news etc
    Totally agree with you...
    Its becoming more of "Was Massa fitted with new Exhaust and Why was he faster than Alonso "debate thread..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by Kikokeko View Post
    Latest Autosprint magazine:redesign area under nose,fw,rw,sidepods,experimental 2013 parts for India !!!

No exhaust..
    I thought the only thing to be confirmed update for India was the exhaust..this is just confusing from autosprint..
    could you provide the source page plz..

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Key Points by Nikolas Tombasis::

They are going to be aggressive and bring developments to every single race
    They investigated about the failed upgrades at cologne and have made steps to rectify them..
    They are going to significantly upgrade their outdated wind tunnel while renting other..
    They already have an optimal setup for US gp..

Found from Autosport::

Formula 1: Ferrari, an aero-secret test

Increasingly immersed in reality Ferrari took to the track the car at the Spanish track of Idiada
    In India we see revolutions on the F2012. On the other hand, on what is the Ferrari has done a thorough check. Taking advantage of one of the days granted to the team for aerodynamic testing. It was Davide Rigon - ever fallen in real Ferrari - to bring on track the car at the Spanish track of Idiada.

The test took place Thursday, October 18 but Ferrari has kept hidden. Rigon has tested various solutions wings, underbody and took brakes that will serve to make the car competitive at the Buddh Circuit. Some of the changes will be prepared at the last minute and sent so as to arrive in time to go through customs in India.

On paper, the circuit near New Delhi is slightly "easier" for the Red since our last trip, the Korean. It must be said, however, that follow immediately after the race in Abu Dhabi who - for the sequence of tight corners on the tour - seems more suited to the Red Bull. Perhaps this test can identify the key problems that, Hungary forward, there have been in the development of the car, and that in some cases have frustrated the improvements studied at the factory.
    But there's no mention of any upgrades apart from wings and brakes..
    Hope i am not dissappointed come India to only see new Wings and brakes..

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Its hard to judge on our race pace because of the tires situation, where the drivers are only going as fast as their tire condition allows. Everyone is tiptoeing around.

Qualifying will be the only time we can compare the pure performance pace.
    And given that we need at least 3th ten. I think Domicically misjudged.

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    Found from Autosport::
    But there's no mention of any upgrades apart from wings and brakes..
    Hope i am not dissappointed come India to only see new Wings and brakes..
    ''Rigon has tested various solutions wings, underbody and took brakes that will serve to make the car competitive at the Buddh Circuit.''

I think underbody meaning floor too?

Just found it.Yes he means floor.
    Il test è avvenuto giovedì 18 ottobre ma la Ferrari lo ha tenuto nascosto. Rigon ha collaudato le varie soluzioni di alettoni, fondo scocca e prese freni che dovranno servire a rendere competitiva la monoposto al Buddh Circuit
    Last edited by Dino; 20th October 2012 at 05:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    ''Rigon has tested various solutions wings, underbody and took brakes that will serve to make the car competitive at the Buddh Circuit.''

I think underbody meaning floor too?

Just found it.Yes he means floor.
    Il test è avvenuto giovedì 18 ottobre ma la Ferrari lo ha tenuto nascosto. Rigon ha collaudato le varie soluzioni di alettoni, fondo scocca e prese freni che dovranno servire a rendere competitiva la monoposto al Buddh Circuit
    I thought Underbody would mean mechanical updates but i may be wrong..

Idraulic system? Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    More front wing doesn't mean more degradation. In fact it 'could' result in the opposite. Remember the degradation is higher when the car slides more.
    Too much downforce and you overheat the tyre's composite, which create the bubbling effect= tyre degradation*= a few suffered from during the Korean GPwith high load on front right i.e Vettel

*degradation I was referring to, I was not clear enough sorry!
    Last edited by NanoTheQuickest; 20th October 2012 at 07:00.

Anyway this is all polemical and only those concerned know the facts, and as Greg mentioned lets keep it to the technical development.

Forza Ferrari

If we take Korea of instance, if we were 3 tenths quicker we would been front row.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

After listening to Tombazis on Ferrari news it sounds optimistic, especially when he gets to 3 minutes into the interview, about wind tunnel issues and what steps Ferrari have taken since. He chooses his words carefully, but iam sure we will be a few tenths quicker in India. What do the rest of you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    After listening to Tombazis on Ferrari news it sounds optimistic, especially when he gets to 3 minutes into the interview, about wind tunnel issues and what steps Ferrari have taken since. He chooses his words carefully, but iam sure we will be a few tenths quicker in India. What do the rest of you think?
    I would say lets wait and see where we are in FP2

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I don't think Ferrari necessarily needs to get the poles. If McLaren get pole, that can cause problems for Vettel.
    That's true too and I had thought of that, but whichever way you slice it , now we're behind Vettel on points we must finish ahead of him, and if it can't be top of the podium for us , giving us the greatest possible number of points, we have to finish ahead all 4 races. (assuming RBR dn't have a DNF or finish out of the top 10). Sigh....
    I am, of course, composing my "Oh how could I have doubted you beloved team..." post ready for tranmission immediately after the final race

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    I would say lets wait and see where we are in FP2
    I would say lets wait till the race is over on Sunday afternoon !
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!