Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    2) Red Bull decide not to introduce any new updates
    Red Cow isn't gonna bring any new updates to India? I thought they were...

That would be absolutely perfect, if they wouldn't bring any new updates! The more they underestimate us the better

RedBulls are definitely going to bring updates for India..its confirmed by BBC..
    I Will End My Career At Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Red Cow isn't gonna bring any new updates to India? I thought they were...

That would be absolutely perfect, if they wouldn't bring any new updates! The more they underestimate us the better
    Red Bull are bringing updates.

I think the point is assuming Ferrari gain this and that amount of extra speed is pointless if you don't consider other teams are moving forward too because they will. We cannot assume everyone else will stand still and wait for Ferrari.

This is the same problem last year when Flavio Briatorie said its impossible for Ferrari to catch up with Red Bull. Many people assume Ferrari need to close the 1 second gap, but they forgot that Red Bull will continue improving too so the gap is a moving goal post.

Quote Originally Posted by anialonso View Post
    RedBulls are definitely going to bring updates for India..its confirmed by BBC..
    Yea, that's what I thought...
    And that's the most worrying thing. All those updates that we will bring to India, might get neutralised by Red Cow's even better updates
    Oh well, gotta stay positive and hope for the best
    One thing is for sure, whatever updates we will bring, they can only make our car better.

For sanity sake I think it is for the best to stop speculation about updates and how much time it will gain Ferrari, and just wait for India and see at FP1 where are we and what are the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    For sanity sake I think it is for the best to stop speculation about updates and how much time it will gain Ferrari, and just wait for India and see at FP1 where are we and what are the updates.
    Well said..overall nothin has been confirmed by Ferrari yet so the truth will be revealed at FP1..

Apparently Ferrari were testing the DDRS in the Korea

A Red Bull style DDRS shouldn't be too difficult to implement, so I'm hoping to see it in India:

Quote Originally Posted by @tgruener
    #F1 Here's the Red Bull DDRS pic I promised. You can see a little slot in the endplate underneath the beamwing

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    Yes i believe that we were, it all data for India and upcoming races.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari_Fanatic View Post
    Where did you hear that?

The RBR DDRS is alot easier to do than Lotus's effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The RBR DDRS is alot easier to do than Lotus's effort.
    Red Bull's DDRS is a work of art in its simplicity but it is banned for next year. The lotus and Mercedes systems will be legal next year.

All DDRS is banned for next year, all.

Actually Lotus' system is not banned for next year! I am doing the analysis on Red Bull's DDRS at the moment..i will go through some photos of the F2012 to try and find out if Ferrari tested a DDRS.. if anyone has photos of the F2012 please send me a link or the photos of the rear wing themselves at amouzouris.msc@gmail.com

The rule working for next year is that it bans the use of the DRS to modify the shape of any tube, hence both Mercedes and Red Bull system will be illegal.

Lotus idea is an interesting idea in theory, but it's probably too complex to be practical. Technically, its a self working system that is independent of the DRS mechanism so, I think it should be legal, if it actually work. But I believe Lotus have said it is not working.

Sorry, i got mixed up , the Lotus passive device isnt banned. I honestly thought it was ALL banned, .

i've finished hte analysis on red bull's ddrs system! here it is:

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot...rs-system.html

Quote Originally Posted by amouzouris View Post
    i've finished hte analysis on red bull's ddrs system! here it is:

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot...rs-system.html
    Great analysis, thanks for sharing

If we have a big package of updates, how would we test these at India? Split the package up? Then run it altogether then analyse what works and what does nt? Felipe will have a big role to play in this, any insight from anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by blaney1977 View Post
    If we have a big package of updates, how would we test these at India? Split the package up? Then run it altogether then analyse what works and what does nt? Felipe will have a big role to play in this, any insight from anyone?
    Most likely yes. The new parts and the old ones will probably be run back to back as well to see if there is an actual improvement in on-track behaviour. The team might also be bringing different variations of some of their updates so that adds on to what needs to be done. I'm not too sure what they will do with their qualifying and high fuel runs - they might split those too. Whatever the plan is, it's going to be a busy Friday!

If we have a big upgrade package, does this then leave us more vulnerable for reliability issues? The Japan DNA and red bulls speed have really changed the game for us, are we now taking a gamble, massive hit if successful or if it fails were still in with a chance but counting on rain, reliability issues for red bull, what's everyone's opinion on this?

If we have a big upgrade package, does this then leave us more vulnerable for reliability issues? The Japan DNA and red bulls speed have really changed the game for us, are we now taking a gamble, massive hit if successful or if it fails were still in with a chance but counting on rain, reliability issues for red bull, what's everyone's opinion on this?
    Well, luckily I don't think there is much of a chance of rain... (Touched wood)
    So rather in India than Japan or even Korea.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    Where did you hear that?

Naah, I don't think we have to be concerned about any reliability issues. Both our cars have been rock solid throughout the whole season, in terms of reliability. If we succeed in making the car faster in India, then it really shouldn't affect the car's reliability. Red Bull's reliability issues have been caused by alternator failures, but fortunately we use different alternators. So as far as our car's reliability is concerned, we should be just fine.
    The only thing we have to worry about is other drivers crashing into our guys.

Splitting would be the most effecitve approach..they would also need to do some back to back to test to see the results.
    but the teams are used to such things and will manage it effectively..

Massa raced Red Bull copy exhaust in Korea

I'm not sure how far this is true, but just reading this news gave me a lot of cofidenece on our chance on victory the next weekend (Plus we have big upgrade package as rumoured). Can't wait for next weekend.

Source:
    http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/10/18/ma...YallaF1.com%29

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    Massa raced Red Bull copy exhaust in Korea

I'm not sure how far this is true, but just reading this news gave me a lot of cofidenece on our chance on victory the next weekend (Plus we have big upgrade package as rumoured). Can't wait for next weekend.

Source:
    http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/10/18/ma...YallaF1.com%29
    When did they run a Red Bull style exhaust in Korea?
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

They (Spanish newspaper 20 Minutos) say that Ferrari have run the new exhaust on Massa's car. Does anyone have the picture of Massa's car which was used in the race.

This Spanish paper can not accept the fact that Massa was faster than Alonso last weekend. lol
    Last edited by Rishu; 18th October 2012 at 08:25.

I heard that Ferrari would use RB exhaust for next year's car. But India is a new season now. So let's try.