Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    I dont want to be seen like Newey :( whatever i got to go mates see you around wish plentiful hairy days
    Well no wonder why Newey is a master in aerodynamics,he's so aerodynamic himself

yes now.. upgrades are coming...so the big thing is that each and everyone of them should work..and it should be a weekend where the Red Cows are chasing the real REDS!!
    and it would be such a shame if vettel wins 3 titles...whereas great drivers like alonso and ham with fewer titles,.,,,
    basically INDIA is crucial...we need to finish ahead of vettel...come what may...the finger boy should not win here!

Quote Originally Posted by varun View Post
    ...the finger boy should not win here!
    He should not win on any of remaining races!

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Autosprint say that Ferrari will have:

- New exhaust
    - New wings
    - They will have a straight line speed test at Vairano
    When will the test in Vairano take place?

All this talk about so many new updates for India really get me excited, like a little kid gets excited in a toy and candy store.
    I just pray and hope we won't be disappointed when the FP1 in India starts
    I'm not doubting our team's ability to bring some great updates, but the question is, will those updates be enough to slaughter the Red Cow?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    When will the test in Vairano take place?

All this talk about so many new updates for India really get me excited, like a little kid gets excited in a toy and candy store.
    I just pray and hope we won't be disappointed when the FP1 in India starts
    I'm not doubting our team's ability to bring some great updates, but the question is, will those updates be enough to slaughter the Red Cow?
    Same here

Although its all just rumor at this point, if Ferrari were to try new exhaust system that would be very exciting to see what happenes. Can't wait

do not get your hopes up!
    i mean, it is very unlikely that we suddenly come out on top in India.
    if rb do not make any mistakes we can profit from, i personally do not see Fernando win the WDC this year.
    i am not saying we should give up, i hope the team brings all of those upgrades and blows rb away.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Autosprint are right 1 time out of 100, I would not be getting too excited.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    Do not get your hopes up!
    It's easier said than done! And besides, have faith! All the guys and girls in Maranello are on the case 24/7, working tirelessly. Luca is probably personally standing in the Ferrari F1 factory with a stern look and supervising all the work. So, I feel pretty confident that whatever updates they will bring for India, they're gonna improve our situation significantly.
    But we'll see what happens in less than 2 weeks...

As promised (a bit earlier than promised actually :P) i made the drawing of the F2012 with Red Bull's exhaust layout!

Ferrari+rbr+exhaust.jpg

Ferrari+RB8+Exhaust+zoom.jpg

http://technicalf1explained.blogspot...st-rumors.html

What do you guys think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by amouzouris View Post
    As promised (a bit earlier than promised actually :P) i made the drawing of the F2012 with Red Bull's exhaust layout!

Ferrari+rbr+exhaust.jpg

Nice work!
    Hope it'll come true and most importantly, I hope it will work better than on Red Cow.

Most probably it will not work better on our car than red bull's car because all of the upgrades on their car are designed around that exhaust layout..but ours weren't...so it will probably be a good upgrade if it is indeed true..but it will not work better than the bulls..but if there is indeed a new exhaust front and rear wing, 3 or maybe more tenths would be a realistic target!

Fernando Alonso has lost the head of the world championship in Yeongam: the Spaniard is not enough for a third place to defend the supremacy rainbow against Sebastian Vettel. I had written a review of Italian GP that the Spaniard was wrong to consider the true rival Lewis Hamilton for the world title and the facts are proving us right. Six points to make up on the German are not many, especially in a season that has experienced continuous overturning of values ​​and frequent plot twists, but the trend of the season, just from Monza onwards, shows a scenario rather disturbing for Ferrari. RECOVERED 10 POINTS GP Sebastian Vettel scored 75 points in four races after the zero of the Grand Prix of Italy has slipped a hat-trick of successes, while Fernando Alonso has materialized only 45 points. The score of Spanish is affected by the accident at the start of Singapore: he has paid a zero which now weighs a ton. The German has recovered ten lengths GP in the last three races. Are far too many, because delineate a trend that does not play in favor of Ferrari. NOT ENOUGH TO DEFEND Vanished the substantial advantage (Fernando had 40 points ahead) we must analyze what possibilities the Red has to reverse the situation is no longer enough to defend themselves, but is essential to attack and win. Easy to say, difficult to be realized. The F2012 shows deficiencies in qualifying and the two pilots from having to pay the following and taking risks. SPEED 'NOT MISS Again it is interesting to analyze some data from GP to better understand the environment in which it is played: Yeongam was more profitable to focus on downforce rather than top speed. The two Red Bull Racing have monopolized the front row with the 19th and 20th at the speed trap speed: Mark Webber has reached 312.0 km / h, little better than Vettel 311.9 km / h. The two Ferraris were credited to 315.5 km / h for Alonso (eighth) and 315.4 km / h for Massa (ninth), while Lewis Hamilton with McLaren (sixteenth) was halfway with 313.7 km / h. ALONSO DISCHARGE WAS TOO? During the race, things have changed: Vettel and Webber respectively reached 283.3 km / h and 283.5 km / h down the main straight and Massa was just faster with 284.8 km / h, while it has become more evident the difference in Alonso. The Spaniard has reached a peak of 290.8 km / h. The Asturian, of course, chose a car for download hope to do more overtaking, but this time he must have made ​​the best choice for the type of track, because with less load put slightly more in a crisis of its tires F2012. MASS WAS MORE 'PERFORMANCE AND the showdown was the Red Felipe Massa the most effective in Yeongam: The Brazilian scored the fastest lap in the race to 205 thousandths of Mark Webber who ripped him on the penultimate lap, while Fernando Stopped at the Australian four tenths. It is no surprise that Vettel is only the fifth in this list: German he was washing the car and the tires in the final and was also overtaken by Sergio Perez. We do not know, then, what is the absolute value of Red Bull, which probably remained hidden. churns THE RED BULL NEW 'CONTINUE The figures show that the Ferrari is not far from Red Bull Racing, but now need an extra effort to look for to resume RB8, a car very difficult to integrate the flows that only now seems to express its true potential. The team of Milton Keynes each Gp produces new solutions that enhance the performance of the car, such as the Super DRS. Lotus and Mercedes have gone mad trying to make the system work that is stalling the rear wing, while the F1 Adrian Newey has worked right away. At the beginning of the championship, Vettel and Webber raced with different configurations, which was fine because one of the two, the other went into crisis. Now, however, the combination of "bibitari" traveling in tandem. rejected THE WIND TUNNEL Ferrari, however, has "recovered" Felipe Massa races embarrassing and ingiudicabili are a thing, although not far away. The Brazilian seems to have changed step and can be helpful to the cause of Spanish rainbow. The team of Cavallino strategies is not nothing wrong and exploits the full potential available. But need a quantum leap. Fernando is calling the race for some time and have not seen glaring technical innovations. In fact, it happened quite frequently vetoed see some solutions that were validated by the work of the wind tunnel. RISTRUTTURZIONE DELICATE Today President Luca di Montezemolo, speaking on Radio too on Radio1, expressly acknowledged that there is a discrepancy between data from the wind tunnel and the track, to the point that the system designed by Renzo Piano will be closed for renovation. There are at least two years that Ferrari suffers in this field and sees lame its growth plan. It should be underlined the fact that the technical sensational run of Pat Fry failed to achieve early summer, when it seemed that the F2012 had filled the troubles of a very troubled birth. TOO MANY PIECES rejected from the resumption of the league after the summer break , there are several innovations introduced on the track on Friday morning that have been rejected on the track: the problem is serious because there is no time to recover. Especially since at this stage the development of the current machine intersects with the evolution of the 2013 car and roughing of the 2014, which will make its debut on turbo V6 engine with direct injection. COLOGNE NOT ENOUGH TO PONY Ferrari goes Cologne tunnel wind Toyota (the Japanese has even two who are twins). This is the same facility where the McLaren goes to validate its aerodynamic packages. It may be that in Germany they were analyzing future projects, leaving the structure of the evolution of the Ferrari F2012. It is quite possible that imposes a short stop in 2013 to try to bring home a world championship which saw Alonso leader for most of the season. CONFIDENCE OF THE PRESIDENT To clear up any cloud, the Ferrari president also dismissed the threat to Maranello in 2014 can reach Sebastian Vettel, Adrian Newey. The head of the horse tried to stabilize the pilot and technical staff that there will be no revolution. Montezemolo wants to motivate people, but not enough: we need effective developments. And in Raparto Corse already know if they will have arrows to their bow, or if they have to fire the gun caps ...

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/223...al-wind-tunnel
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by amouzouris View Post

Ferrari+rbr+exhaust.jpg

What about the DDRS??

I would really like to believe that all this about big update for India is true. Even I am little carried away with all this rumors, somehow I don't believe this is all true. Unfortunately I think this is all wishful thinking. I'll stick to mines seeing is believing.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I would really like to believe that all this about big update for India is true. Even I am little carried away with all this rumors, somehow I don't believe this is all true. Unfortunately I think this is all wishful thinking. I'll stick to mines seeing is believing.
    We shall see my friend, we shall see
    I feel pretty confident that we are gonna get at least some new updates for India and that those updates will help improve the car's performance. How much they will improve and will it be enough to kill the Red Cow, remains to be seen. We just have to hope for the best.

We just have to wait and see...
    Come Practice 1,we will have all our answers..

We have very little choice but to throw any new parts we have on the car. They will have been in development over the last few weeks and are well overdue.

Continuing as we are, Fingers will pull away a few points each race until it's too late. May as well gamble now. We only have a six point deficit, more-or less the difference between P1 and P2. If Massa can keep his new-found speed, very similar pace to FA in Korea, he will be a great help too. Of course we can't rule out Maccas, Reno's et al all of a sudden. They're racing for constructor points.

But give Nando a sniff of "blood" and he will do the rest. But we need a quick enough car NOW and realistically have to beat RB in India.

I believe that Ferrari will be faster than RB at the end of the season.

And if not it is not the end of the world.

amouzouris> Thanks for registering and for your interesting posts.

For sure Ferrari will introduce some new part. They didn't seat down and waiting for the next GP. But will that update be enough? We will not know until FP1. More than anything I would like that those upgrades made F2012 in one hell of a speed beast of a car, but also I know that there is no magic wand in motor sports... Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    For sure Ferrari will introduce some new part. They didn't seat down and waiting for the next GP. But will that update be enough? We will not know until FP1. More than anything I would like that those upgrades made F2012 in one hell of a speed beast of a car, but also I know that there is no magic wand in motor sports... Unfortunately.
    But we do have a magic FERNANDO-----

If they can do it we can do it and better !!
    This is ours!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    But we do have a magic FERNANDO-----
    True! Anyway he needs to have some tool (in our case F2012) to materialize that magic.

Pure guessing here.
    I think the DDRS is worth a minimum of 2 tenths per qualifying lap.
    A new exhaust would probably bring forth another 2 tenths.
    Other minuscule updates(front wing , rear wing, floor, diffuser) would bring a tenth at most.
    If Ferrari bring the a DDRS and a new exhaust (which they say works better than their current one) then realistically the team should see improvements of at least 4 tenths and that is not even taking into consideration the Shell oil which is speculated to up performance by a tenth too. I think if we gain 4 tenths the that should put us on par with Red Bull. The main problem with these updates would be making them work all together and finding the right set-up. The latter is a lengthy process and it will take a minimum of 2 GP weekends to have everything working as they want it to.
    Of course all these upgrades are guess work but I like to stay optimistic and that may mean that at times i believe the rumors posted here.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

The F2012 should be flying in INDIA...........it is going to be a crucial weekend...as if we finish behind vettel and by a bigger margin...then it will be almost out of our hands...as we would need atleast 2 wins out of last 3...that would be tough...so whatever ferrari do...nando should be on top of podium in Delhi...(and if possible felipe with him)...and no fingerboy along them...

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Pure guessing here.
    Other minuscule updates(front wing , rear wing, floor, diffuser) would bring a tenth at most.
    If Ferrari bring the a DDRS and a new exhaust (which they say works better than their current one) then realistically the team should see improvements of at least 4 tenths and that is not even taking into consideration the Shell oil which is speculated to up performance by a tenth too. I think if we gain 4 tenths the that should put us on par with Red Bull. The main problem with these updates would be making them work all together and finding the right set-up. The latter is a lengthy process and it will take a minimum of 2 GP weekends to have everything working as they want it to.
    Of course all these upgrades are guess work but I like to stay optimistic and that may mean that at times i believe the rumors posted here.
    I love reading these opinions especially when its positive speculation regarding my beloved Ferrari. 4 races to go we can do this, with Fernando and a rejuvenated Massa. If we can improve the car by a few tenths its game on. FORZA FERRARI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose-Lorca Fan View Post
    Pure guessing here.
    Let me re-calculate:

DDRS -0.2s
    New exhaust -0.8s
    lubricant for more power and reduce fuel consumption -0.1s
    new floor -0.3s
    = -1.4s

then 4 1-2 wins in a row and we'll get all, WDC and WCC. ah ha !

Quote Originally Posted by bluesilhouettes View Post
    Let me re-calculate:

DDRS -0.2s
    New exhaust -0.8s
    new floor -0.3s
    = -1.4s

You for got to add some important factors:

1) Macca decide not to introduce any new updates,

2) Red Bull decide not to introduce any new updates,

3) Lotus stop trying to get their new DDRS and exhaust to work.

That is all that's need to realize the theoretical gains from 4 untried updates.

Let me re-calculate:

DDRS -0.2s
    New exhaust -0.8s
    new floor -0.3s
    = -1.4s

The new exhaust might give a boost of 0.2-0.5 at max..
    are you sure that a new floor is scheduled for India????

No.
    Seriously, it's just a joke.

Let me re-calculate:

DDRS -0.2s
    New exhaust -0.8s
    new floor -0.3s
    = -1.4s

I wouldn't have you doing the weather forecast for national tele!
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari