Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by burak karakutuk View Post
    ask me :) my hairs are fading away while i am watching races
    its the same for all us Tifosi, we either lose some hair, nails or flat screen tv

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The concept of the Acer ducts was a lot different than what McLaren was using. It should direct the air from the radiators combined with exhaust fumes directly on the rear brake duct's mini wings and therefore creating a lot of quite constant downforce directly on the wheels. That was the initial concept, that was abandoned after the first tests.
    I know, i deleted few bits and not the Mclaren part, my mistake.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    its the same for all us Tifosi, we either lose some hair, nails or flat screen tv
    I dont want to be seen like Newey :( whatever i got to go mates see you around wish plentiful hairy days

Quote Originally Posted by amouzouris View Post
    i'll be the happiest man in the world if it is true..although a lot of hard work would be needed...they would have to test it extensively before they can race it! a lot like preseason testing, testing if it overheats etc etc.
    Love your technical insight over at F1technical. It's great to see you here on TSN!

Quote Originally Posted by Sha1 View Post
    Love your technical insight over at F1technical. It's great to see you here on TSN!
    Thank you! Great to be here!! I love Ferrari!

I got some infos and these are coming from a serious source you can trust me.We now plannig to bring a new exhaust which was created for 2013 basic but it will effect a lot this year's car if it works.But team has some suspecious on durability.It needs to be more resistance.Also Shell our parter is preparing a new oil which is aimed to get 1hp and engine power and some reliability.One more thing about Shell oil is it will reduce the fuel consumption. And this info says Ferrari made an application to ban Red Bull's flexi wing but as all we knew they couldnt do it even tests.So Ferrari had tried to copy but so far they failed.DDRS is another device will be tested and finally a new floor entegreted to new exhaust concept and tihgter diffuser.I forgot to say the new front wing.Ferrari tyring to get ready a flexi wing like Red Bull right now.Thats all i know
    If this turns out to be true I will wet my underwear from sheer excitement.
    "The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

Time will tell on the upgrades, hope the posts have credibility. Would think at least we're going for it and switching resource to 2012, working flat out. Would agree that exhaust, floor, ddrs, would be where we would make up the 3ths a lap needed, but then still going for right till the end

My only concern is how far behind we will fall in terms of development for next year, especially if the upgrades don't work exactly as planned.

well the first 7 races of the season were pretty much anyone's race...no one understood their tires..in race 5 in Spain Ferrari brought their major upgrade package which got us from midfield to fighting with the top teams...in race 8 in Valencia some updates were brought, not as many as Spain though...at that point the next three races were about Ferrari..they almost won all three of them...Valencia, Great Britain and Germany...a strategic mistake was made in GB and Fernando lost the race to Webber...they learned from their mistake though and Fernando managed to defend them! In Germany mclaren brought a big upgrade package and got it working for the next race, dominating the next three races..and almost Singapore as well... Then it was Red Bull and Vettel for the next three..
    Here is the thing now, since Valencia ferrari has been bringing small parts, but didn't manage to get its big upgrade package, the new front wing to work...The next planned big upgrade was for Singapore, but thank god they got a whiff of what was happening with the wind tunnel and didn't introduce the upgrade package...

Here is what i believe...the parts that weren't introduced are being/have been tested in Cologne (Toyota's Wind Tunnel which btw is a piece of art, especially with the PIV)and will be introduced in India..if they work and they probably will if they are tested in cologne ferrari might even be able to beat the bulls (fingers crossed they do!!)...Red Bull however is getting a lot of help from the DDRS because they can concentrate on race pace setup much more than before because they know they will be strong in qualifying because of the DDRS...in addition there are some rumors they might be bringing some new bodywork in India...so we will have to wait and see...

P.S. If anyone is interested in technical stuff..this is how i believe Red Bull's DDRS system works.. http://technicalf1explained.blogspot...-revealed.html
    Your blog is amazing...thank you so much for your excellent insights!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sha1 View Post
    My only concern is how far behind we will fall in terms of development for next year, especially if the upgrades don't work exactly as planned.
    Well if they will not work, at least we will know and there is a lot of time to make it work through winter.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

In technical terms cars for 2013 wont differ much from 2012 ones, so if these 2013 updates work now they could be very good starting point for the next year car and you will get more time to test them and fine tune them...

I got some infos and these are coming from a serious source you can trust me.We now plannig to bring a new exhaust which was created for 2013 basic but it will effect a lot this year's car if it works.But team has some suspecious on durability.It needs to be more resistance.Also Shell our parter is preparing a new oil which is aimed to get 1hp and engine power and some reliability.One more thing about Shell oil is it will reduce the fuel consumption. And this info says Ferrari made an application to ban Red Bull's flexi wing but as all we knew they couldnt do it even tests.So Ferrari had tried to copy but so far they failed.DDRS is another device will be tested and finally a new floor entegreted to new exhaust concept and tihgter diffuser.I forgot to say the new front wing.Ferrari tyring to get ready a flexi wing like Red Bull right now.Thats all i know
    I can confirm the exhaust bit but not anything else.

If these upgrades work and we gain 3ths in India that puts us more or less equal with red bull. Then it's a 3 race development war and vettel v Alonso. If the don't work and we stay 3 ths shy then it's weather and reliability and luck which will decide it, having said that, I would still back Alonso to take it to brazil, I can't wait!!!!!!!!! We could still win it 3ths behind the pace with those factors, all we want is to been equal pace, I'd back Alonso over 4 races anyday.

Thanks for sharing.

At this rate, there's nothing we can do to stop Vettel if we don't change the car, so Ferrari have nothing to lose. If Ferrari already have 2013 parts manufactured and ready to go, by all means lets use them.

Autosprint say that Ferrari will have:

- New exhaust
    - New wings
    - They will have a straight line speed test at Vairano

@SoumyaBanerjee Thank you very much for your nice words!

I can't wait for the test at Vairano if it is to happen! I will try before the end of this week to draw a Ferrari Red Bull hybrid just for fun! The weird thing is though that the last time i did this was early this season when i drew a Ferrari Mclaren exhaust hybrid, and Ferrari's exhaust for Canada was exactly as i drew it! :P I will not post it in my blog but i will post it here!

I can't wait for the test at Vairano if it is to happen! I will try before the end of this week to draw a Ferrari Red Bull hybrid just for fun! The weird thing is though that the last time i did this was early this season when i drew a Ferrari Mclaren exhaust hybrid, and Ferrari's exhaust for Canada was exactly as i drew it! :P I will not post it in my blog but i will post it here!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Didnt the vairano test in 2010 help Ferrari in unlocking the potential of their F-Duct?? It happened a few weeks before the Monza race that year,and it ensured that the F10 was the fastest car there,even though many had tipped the MP4-25 to be the pick of the field at that race....hope it helps this time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre B View Post
    Autosprint say that Ferrari will have:

- New exhaust
    - New wings
    - They will have a straight line speed test at Vairano

cant wait for the test...

i've just thought of something...autosprint says the new exhausts will look like the Red Bull ones...so about half the sidepod will be changed if it is true...if the new exhausts were indeed designed for the F2013 or what the car will be called next year..then to be compatible with this year's car then the cooling configuration must be very very similar...so is this a hint the oil cooler above the gearbox will be retained? i thought that they would go back to a regular configuration for next year for a lower center of gravity and better mechanical grip..

i've just thought of something...autosprint says the new exhausts will look like the Red Bull ones...so about half the sidepod will be changed if it is true...if the new exhausts were indeed designed for the F2013 or what the car will be called next year..then to be compatible with this year's car then the cooling configuration must be very very similar...so is this a hint the oil cooler above the gearbox will be retained? i thought that they would go back to a regular configuration for next year for a lower center of gravity and better mechanical grip..
    could you provide the link or source page if possible plz...

Translation please

Well this is really good news! The most important thing now is that those updates would work properly.

The excitement !! the anticipation! I can think about nothing else. !!
    But i have a secret fear, what if red bull figure out what we're going to do and outsmart us? I mean, i want to know what's coming, but why isn't everything all 'hush- hush' ?

If we could somehow gain half a second on RBs then we would be on par with them or perhaps even slightly ahead.
    I would do anything to see us making a huge step forward in India, thanks to working updates. If we could just be on level terms with RB in car performance, then I'm sure that Nando and Felipe would make the difference in driving.

We have the better team and we have the better drivers, all we need is a better car.

Give our boys a car matching the RB8's pace and they will destroy them.

Webber will be happy because I'm sure deep down he'd rather see Fernando win and Vettel with his soar losing mentality will just have to put his finger somewhere else to calm his nerves ;)

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso84 View Post
    If we could somehow gain half a second on RBs then we would be on par with them or perhaps even slightly ahead.
    I would do anything to see us making a huge step forward in India, thanks to working updates. If we could just be on level terms with RB in car performance, then I'm sure that Nando and Felipe would make the difference in driving.

We have the better team and we have the better drivers, all we need is a better car.
    Totally agree, 3 ths puts us level, 5 ths puts us ahead

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    Give our boys a car matching the RB8's pace and they will destroy them.

Webber will be happy because I'm sure deep down he'd rather see Fernando win and Vettel with his soar losing mentality will just have to put his finger somewhere else to calm his nerves ;)
    Yea, I'm sure Webber would rather see Fernando winning the WDC than Vettel. Webber is fed up with Vettel and Red Cow's Vettel favouring policy. I'm really surprised that he even extended his contract with them.