Thread: Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTheQuickest View Post
    I hope we have our development strategy/logistic right and have a lot coming on for our home race! Would love to see fernando qualify in the top 4 meaning that we have also improved our race pace (which is already pretty good).

Forza Ferrari
    Don't forget we have more F1 action after this race!

The fragmented approach of the F1 teams to the traditional Young Guns F1 test was highlighted today when it was announced that three teams, Ferrari, Mercedes and Force India would hold their test at former French GP venue Magny Cours in the week after the Italian Grand Prix.

Coming in mid-September, it will give teams a valuable opportunity to track test developments ahead of Singapore, a race for which most competitive teams bring a major upgrade package, and for the remaining races.
    September 11-13

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...eams-at-least/

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Just on a side note.

FM did 3rd fastest lap on lap 30.

Everyone else did their best laps much later on (lower fuel loads), including Kimi (5th fastest) on lap 34 with the Lotus (which probably has the best race pace).

I think our race pace was actually very strong in Spa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian786 View Post
    Just on a side note.

FM did 3rd fastest lap on lap 30.

Everyone else did their best laps much later on (lower fuel loads), including Kimi (5th fastest) on lap 34 with the Lotus (which probably has the best race pace).

I think our race pace was actually very strong in Spa.
    I think the race pace is certainly strong.

But as for the fuel load, its roughly the same for everyone so I don't think it plays a role. When others are lighter, we are lighter at that moment as well. We don't stay heavy while others are getting lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    is that front wing the one we used in spa!?!?!
    It looks like the Spa one.

Low downforce beam wing. Saw it on Felipe's car from rear facing onboard cam. Fernando did not have it.

Other image

Fernando ran this one:
    Last edited by wacc; 7th September 2012 at 11:00.

Just noticed this thread has over half a million views
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Nice

Didn't noticed it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    When we reach 1 mil. You need to give scuderiafan some kind of prize
    Meanwhile, it either says something or just nothing that Alonso, Schumacher and Raikkonen have reputedly spared a F1 podium on five occasions and Fernando has stood on the top step on every occasion. He's F1's first among equals. (PG)

Development. Its been the story of our year hasnt it?
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Thanks for the updates!

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Yes, that's it, it is flat at the sides and more angled at the center. They had something similar last year.
    There is a nice view of the new dif with the slot in the flap. They had it already in Spa.
    This is a last year config:

The diffuser now looks like it has 3 layer, though I'm sure it was there for awhile now I just didn't noticed

I remember at the start of the season, there was just the diffuser and a flap above it. Now there seems to be another layer on top of the diffuser.

I am just surprised it doesn't take it's toll on the servers

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    The diffuser now looks like it has 3 layer, though I'm sure it was there for awhile now I just didn't noticed ...
    The slot was not there at Hungaroring. This diffuser was introduced at Spa I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    The slot was not there at Hungaroring. This diffuser was introduced at Spa I believe.
    Thanks. So most likely an update from the summer break. Hopefully it will continue to benefit Ferrari

They have extended the mirror wing. Here is the Spa/Monza comparison:

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    They have extended the mirror wing. Here is the Spa/Monza comparison:
    yes, they had to do it.
    now alonso can see better every driver that tries fly over him.

Quote Originally Posted by radosav View Post
    yes, they had to do it.
    now alonso can see better every driver that tries fly over him.
    This is actually not funny- but still- somehow it is

I know this year has been entertaining and Alonso is leading but I would like to see a dominating car at least at a few races before the end of year. Come the last race of the season...i really hope we are looking at Alonso for the race win to take the WDC and WCC. With Massa right behind
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    I know this year has been entertaining and Alonso is leading but I would like to see a dominating car at least at a few races before the end of year. Come the last race of the season...i really hope we are looking at Alonso for the race win to take the WDC and WCC. With Massa right behind
    We have seen it, unfortunately it has come from a Mac, with 3 wins in a row and 5 wins for the team in total this year. I also would like to see a dominating RED car for the remainder of the season with Fernando taking the WDC and Ferrari taking the WCC with the help of Massa.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I think we have a young drivers test between now and singapore, heres hoping that the development parts work, and if not, we understand whats wrong and theyll be working after singapore...it surley will be to late to develop, make and fly over new parts in such a short time frame!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    I think we have a young drivers test between now and singapore, heres hoping that the development parts work, and if not, we understand whats wrong and theyll be working after singapore...it surley will be to late to develop, make and fly over new parts in such a short time frame!!
    how does the young driver ferrari academy program work, Perez is it but drives for Sauber. Is ferrari paying for his pass to F1???

Gary Anderson says:

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
    Whether they can overhaul the wily old Spaniard at the top of the championship remains to be seen.
    Alonso has a smile on his face and he is relishing the job he has taken on - to win the championship in a car that really shouldn't be capable of it.
    He is driving at the very top level every weekend and produced another great race in Italy.
    Alonso moved up from 10th on the grid, and although he had a damaged car after Sebastian Vettel pushed him onto the grass at 180mph, he was able to camouflage it.
    Alonso is going to take some beating because unless the Ferrari has reliability problems, or he gets caught up in an accident like he did in Belgium, it looks like he will drag a decent result out of it at every race.
    The last three races, in Hungary, Belgium and Italy, have been on tracks that have very specific characteristics.
    The final seven are more stable in terms of the car-performance window they require.
    So the championship may come down to who brings the best box of new bits to Singapore.
    McLaren have taken pole and the win in the last three races so reading this leaves me with a bit more confidence, especially as we have big updates coming for Singapore.

Ferrari F2012 Development News Thread

Let's assume Hamilton will be his main challenger, Alonso can afford to lose average 5 points to him every race & still manage to win the Championship.
    It tells me it's not enough yet. We need to win at least two races more OR consistent podiums in next 4.
    Redbull will be very strong in Singapore, Suzuka will be Lotus dominated track. Korea & India should suit us. Mclaren have an all rounder. It's going to be very tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wily old Spaniard
    Excuse me?

“This will be a very intense week because there will also be action on track at Magny-Cours, where there is a young drivers’ test going on. For us there will be Jules Bianchi and Davide Rigon, who will take turns at the wheel of the F2012.2" - Montezemolo

..on Thursday and Friday it will be Felipe Massa’s turn to proceed with the ‘virtual’ development work on the F2012...

Source:

http://www.ferrari.com/english/formu...singapore.aspx

Photos:

http://www.f1-direct.com/photos.php?saison=f1-2012